IGNORED

Sierra 4: She Speaks More Spanish than the Vuolos and Dillards

HerNameIsBuffy

In Sierra's case I may also assume that it's a period that is the antithesis of sunshine and roses ergo she doesn't post all over social media.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

Eh, she posts plenty of concerning things about her kids needing to help her or cheer her when she's crying or down. Or other negative things she thinks are "relatable".

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

At this point I don’t think we could accurately speculate why she’s absent since this is the longest she’s been off social media in the years I’ve followed her. People have been asking for days what’s going on and she’s not responding to that either.

B9CD010C-198F-471D-9F78-9C5EAF821E07.png

• Thank You 5

I know with the popularity of books like Digital Minimalism, many people are starting to moderate some of their social media behaviors. In addition, she has a lot of kids and some animals. Her RL is and should be extraordinarily busy, leaving little time to duplicate her efforts in ongoing posts about things she’s already done. Lastly, maybe the whole implosion of the Republican Party in the form of a loss of power, has silenced some on the right?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Someone said "I knew in my gut something was wrong" or something and I feel irrationally angry at them because THATS NOT YOUR GUT.... It's plain old logic that if someone stops doing a thing they so a lot of (posting) with no warning or explanation then something is probably wrong ??

Edited by Grace
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

• 2 weeks later...

Ridiculously long IG stories last night featuring Sierra rambling about home renovations. First, I thought they were renting? Second, how the hell can they afford all this? Third, why are they pouring money into an obviously too small house instead of moving to a bigger one?

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, UnicornHunter said:

Ridiculously long IG stories last night featuring Sierra rambling about home renovations. First, I thought they were renting? Second, how the hell can they afford all this? Third, why are they pouring money into an obviously too small house instead of moving to a bigger one?

She said a while back that they own that house. I saw stories and I was so annoyed by the up-the-nose shots and eating icecream on camera while rambling BUT the 'renovations' aren't really that expensive ones if they are doing the work themselves. I think open shelving is a huge mistake for a big busy family, but it won't cost much to rip out the cabinets, paint and put up shelves.  The tearing out the wall thing can get iffy (I wonder if she has even checked to see if it's load-bearing?) They might even have local reciprocal deals between cabinet companies and the furniture store that give each other's employees discounts.  I'm torn on the fridge thing. It makes sense to have a big industrial fridge and freezer for a huge family but to put it in the garage? So now you have to park in the driveway and get all those kids in and out in all kinds of weather. Yah, I would definitely prefer to make do with what I have and pile away every cent I could to move to a bigger space. But their logic is not the logic of us mortals ?

• Upvote 10

Watched her stories earlier today.  

taking out the upper cabinets and installing open shelves is not going to accomplish what I think she thinks it’s going to because she’s going to have just as much crap.  It will now be on open shelves.  

I see and understand getting rid of a normal size fridge and going with an industrial size.  It makes sense.  But the garage over time is going to be a pita. 

The bit she babbled that made the most sense was flipping her and Mark with the boys bedroom.  

when she showed the fridge and talked about clear containers I had the distinct impression that she’s probably going over board after watching the home edit. On Netflix.  She did a similar overboard with crap in the kitchen and kids toys after she watched Marie Kondo.

• Upvote 9

I can't believe she sold her fridge in favor of reach-ins to put in the garage. That's going to get old pretty quickly.

Those things cost over $2,000 each when they're new, too.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

In Sierra’s latest set of Instagram stories, she mentioned that they had rented the house they live in, but now own it.  And have only owned it for a few months.   

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 13

Much like I love the look of a white kitchen, I also love the look of shelves vs upper cabinets, but the reality of actually having either of those things in my home is a hard no. I have white cabinetry in my master bath, which is attached to a walk-in closet with white cabinets, and the dust is a killer.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Much like I love the look of a white kitchen, I also love the look of shelves vs upper cabinets, but the reality of actually having either of those things in my home is a hard no. I have white cabinetry in my master bath, which is attached to a walk-in closet with white cabinets, and the dust is a killer.

Our neighbors ripped out their upper cabinets shortly after moving in so they could do open shelving. It lasted about 6 months before they put cabinets back in.

• Upvote 13

She's got a Youtube video out (if needed I'll link later today - she had a swipe up link buried in her stories) of a video of the "Marie Kondo" of the boys stuff and part 1 of switching the bedrooms. 

• Upvote 2

On 2/5/2021 at 5:34 AM, OHFL2009 said:

Our neighbors ripped out their upper cabinets shortly after moving in so they could do open shelving. It lasted about 6 months before they put cabinets back in.

I can’t imagine the dust that would come with such an arrangement; it’s bad enough taking care of dust within a cabinet, much less open shelves. And in a kitchen? Bleh. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 11

She's started posting on a YouTube Channel.  Yesterday it was another installment in the ongoing saga of fear of the instapot.  (a frozen chicken 'fail' in her instapot). 

• Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

Are her youtube videos remotely watchable? I find something likable about her but I skip her insta stories because they go on forever.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

They go on just as long but it’s now not in a story that disappears in a day.  I also expect them to be longer on YouTube.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

• 4 weeks later...

Sierra has been posting a lot of DIY lately and I'm finding myself liking her more and more. She won carpentry competitions and does basic electrical work. I'm glad her kids can see an example of woman not strictly adhering to traditional gender roles, even if they are being raised alongside fundies.

I don't know all of Sierra's story, but I have a gut feeling about her. I think she's the kind of person who throws herself fully into a lifestyle and tries to excel at it. If she wasn't raised in this lifestyle but somehow chose this for herself I think she was then determined to go all-out, popping out kids almost every year and ingratiating herself with the Duggars. I have a similar personality and when I latch onto something, I go all in. But I can burn out suddenly and switch tracks. I could see her getting dreads, brewing kombucha and joining an intentional community, or going to a trade school and starting her own business of women tradespeople. Or she could even end up like a woman I used to read about (perhaps here?) who had been deep into fundiedom, had maybe a dozen children and an abusive husband, then broke away, became an atheist and vocally critical of fundamentalism and its abuse of women and children.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, baldricks_turnip said:

Or she could even end up like a woman I used to read about (perhaps here?) who had been deep into fundiedom, had maybe a dozen children and an abusive husband, then broke away, became an atheist and vocally critical of fundamentalism and its abuse of women and children.

Sounds like Vyckie Garrison.

I think Sierra has been drifting away from fundamentalism for the past few years, especially after Mark stopped preaching and she was no longer the pastor's wife.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

I admit I know absolutely nothing about pottery but....it seems like she's actually pretty good at it! She's improved a bunch since she started at any rate

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, indianabones said:

Sounds like Vyckie Garrison.

I think Sierra has been drifting away from fundamentalism for the past few years, especially after Mark stopped preaching and she was no longer the pastor's wife.

Mark wad a pastor? I thought he always sold furniture. The more you know....

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

On 3/6/2021 at 1:14 AM, marmalade said:

Mark wad a pastor? I thought he always sold furniture. The more you know....

I think he was "ordained" as a children's pastor but I don't think he's ever had a paying gig

• Upvote 5

On 3/6/2021 at 10:50 AM, baldricks_turnip said:

Sierra has been posting a lot of DIY lately and I'm finding myself liking her more and more. She won carpentry competitions and does basic electrical work. I'm glad her kids can see an example of woman not strictly adhering to traditional gender roles, even if they are being raised alongside fundies.

I don't know all of Sierra's story, but I have a gut feeling about her. I think she's the kind of person who throws herself fully into a lifestyle and tries to excel at it. If she wasn't raised in this lifestyle but somehow chose this for herself I think she was then determined to go all-out, popping out kids almost every year and ingratiating herself with the Duggars. I have a similar personality and when I latch onto something, I go all in. But I can burn out suddenly and switch tracks. I could see her getting dreads, brewing kombucha and joining an intentional community, or going to a trade school and starting her own business of women tradespeople. Or she could even end up like a woman I used to read about (perhaps here?) who had been deep into fundiedom, had maybe a dozen children and an abusive husband, then broke away, became an atheist and vocally critical of fundamentalism and its abuse of women and children.

This sounds like me, too. I have to ask - are you a type 7 ennegram?

• Eyeroll 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic