IGNORED

No good ending here: Idaho mom dead, other kids missing

Howl

Apparently it's amazing/miraculous/almost instantaneous at reversing opioid drug overdoses. My understanding is that all police in my city now have it available to treat overdoses. 

From the interwebs:

It is an opioid antagonist—meaning that it binds to opioid receptors and can reverse and block the effects of other opioids. It can very quickly restore normal respiration to a person whose breathing has slowed or stopped as a result of overdosing with heroin or prescription opioid pain medications.

Ian and Melani Pawlowski sit for an interview with EastIdahoNews. 

Damn, did Melani have a very rough childhood.  And now her father is aligned with and helping her ex-husband Brandon. 

Melani Pawlowski speaks about her childhood, family deaths and her sudden Las Vegas wedding

Melani and Ian are doing a PR charm offensive--distancing/CYA for radioactive Lori-related stuff and to present themselves as so very normal in the custody battle for Melani's kids.  

So Ian: 

•  Likely paying child support 
  • Has moved to a new city (Phoenix area)
  • Started a new job or is continuing to work for Melaleuca 
  • Has a new wife who has no apparent income or professional  skills, is embroiled in a bitter/protracted and presumably extremely expensive custody battle
  • Has to have a house large enough to accommodate Melani's 4 children if she is awarded even part-time custody

Are they paid for these interviews? 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

Man, that was something. I read the somewhat paraphrased or condensed text, didn't see the interview. Melani assumes we are all dense? She continues to say a lot while somehow continuing to say nothing. 

For those of you who get it, CBS has two 48 Hours on tomorrow, Saturday, evening. I can't tell what is included in the first hour, but the 2nd hour is the Lori/Chad debacle.

• Upvote 4

Did anyone else watch the 48 Hours program about Lori? It heavily featured Lori's mom, Janis/Janice and sister, Summer. Those 2 talked without saying much of anything just like Melani and Ian (mostly) Melani did. That is telling for 4 people related to Lori to chatter a lot and say nothing. Basically... "Lori would NEVER hurt her children!" Even if the kids are bunkered away somewhere that is still hurting them.

• Upvote 7

@Bobology I didn't watch the show this weekend, but I did watch the Dateline one awhile back. Was there any new information about the case or was it just two people saying nothing useful?

• Upvote 2

The 48 Hours was mostly the same stuff we've been hearing, but this time it featured the mom and sister of Lori. There's only a few things I can recall at the moment. A big one to me was Lori's mom saying she heard JJ in the background of a phone call with Lori. Then she said JJ actually got on the phone and spoke with her or said "Mimi" or something. She said this happened the week or so after the last time JJ was seen by anyone else. It was all very vague and just not credible to me. The mom appeared to be proffering that wee bit of info as proof the kids are OK even at this date.

There might have been a little more info about Tylee and how she reacted and what she did on the day of Charles Vallow's murder. Supposedly JJ was in the car waiting to be taken to school, then Lori (and I think they said Tylee) took JJ to school. So the 7 y.o., who has autism and anger/behavioral issues waited in the car from before the murder, through waiting for the police to arrive, then waiting for Lori and Tylee to be preliminarily interviewed by officers? That's a long time for anyone to wait in the car for a ride to school.

There was something about someone (can't remember) who said that Lori had told someone at some point that JJ had become too much for her to handle.

My memory sure does seem flakey about all this, I was hoping a sharper tack would post a summary.

Edited by Bobology
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

Gilbert (AZ) police released body-cam footage of an encounter with Charles Vallow from January 2019. He was trying to have Lori committed and said she had threatened to kill him - among other disturbing things!

https://www.azfamily.com/news/continuing_coverage/missing_idaho_kids/gilbert-police-release-body-camera-video-of-charles-vallow-months-before-his-death/article_b07338c2-9a3c-11ea-8539-1795ca4cf608.html

• Thank You 6

17 hours ago, Florita said:

Gilbert (AZ) police released body-cam footage of an encounter with Charles Vallow from January 2019.

The thing that caught my attention was Charles saying something like, We had a great marriage until...  This was on the same video, although that part of the clip was not played on the link above. 

Multiple other people have said similar -- Lori was a fun loving person, a great mom devoted to her children, good LDS wife, until she became involved with Preparing a People/Chad.  This was clarified by Lori's friend in Hawaii who had full exposure to Lori pre and post Preparing a People/Another Voice of Warning/Chad.  When Lori turned up in Hawaii on her second trip asking her friend (April?), who was a little shocked, to be part of the 144,000, the friend turned her down. 

• Upvote 9

I stumbled on two great podcast episodes from Year of Polygamy.  Such interesting perspectives on Mormonism relative to Chad and Julie Rowe (Chad's frenemy) with four thoughtful and interesting people offering different perspectives.

Highly recommended.  I put my laptop in the bathroom and listened as I did a major bleach/scrub of the grout on the floor of the master bath.  I believe in a thorough cleaning once every 10 years whether it needs it or not (it needed it)! 

Episode 180: Julie Rowe and Chad Daybell, Part One

Episode 180: Julie Rowe and Chad Daybell, Part Two

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

Nate Eaton, the Rexburgh, ID reporter with East Idaho News who has been following the Lori/Chad sage since it began, has scored an interview with Melanie Gibb, a good (best?) friend of Lori. 

For those who have been following along, when CPS went to Lori's town home complex for the child welfare check on JJ, it was claimed that JJ was in Arizona with family friend Melanie Gibb (not to be confused with Melani, Lori's niece).   When the police contacted Melanie, she refused to lie and told them that JJ was not with her. 

The interview was long enough that it's going to be released in three parts, with the first interview dropping on Tuesday at 8am (Mountain Standard Time) on the EastIdahoNews.com website. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

Dang! I listened to Part 1 yesterday and Part 2 today.  If you want to learn about 3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucked, listen to Part 2.  Melanie Gibb is definitely not crazy but was initially a bit gullible.  The crazy is Lori and Chad and how Lori and Chad were married in previous life/lives.  Melanie talks about Chad and Lori's relationship, how Lori came to believe in zombies, how Melanie came to believe how crazy it all is and how she came to the insight that Jesus is a bringer of light and healing and Chad and Lori are operating in the dark and people died. 

Nate Eaton's interviews with Lori's friend, Melanie Gibb

Part 1

Part 2 

Part 3 will be released tomorrow (Thursday) morning. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

I stumbled on two great podcast episodes from Year of Polygamy.  Such interesting perspectives on Mormonism relative to Chad and Julie Rowe (Chad's frenemy) with four thoughtful and interesting people offering different perspectives.

Highly recommended.  I put my laptop in the bathroom and listened as I did a major bleach/scrub of the grout on the floor of the master bath.  I believe in a thorough cleaning once every 10 years whether it needs it or not (it needed it)! 

Episode 180: Julie Rowe and Chad Daybell, Part One

Episode 180: Julie Rowe and Chad Daybell, Part Two

These were really interesting, thanks for sharing!

• Thank You 1

Part 3  Melanie Gibb thinks that the kids are "no longer on this planet" and that Alex could potentially have had something to do with it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Also, Melanie on who is influencing who to do what:  Chad is the hand and Lori is the puppet. 

Melanie Gibb was a very good friend of Lori until recently and seems straightforward, credible, honest and very thoughtful in her answers. 

She's also interesting in that she hasn't watched TV in 16 years. 

Nate Eaton is an excellent interviewer. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Also note that Melanie Gibb shared everything she knows with law enforcement back in late 2019. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...

Police are in the process of serving a search warrant at Chad's current home.  I'm sure the police have been closely monitoring all of his communications to see what pops up. 

June 9, 7:45 am: Police serving search warrant at Chad Daybell’s home

(not sure if the home is the one he originally shared with Tammy or if it's a different residence)

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 1

He's definitely involved in the disappearance of the two children.  I hope the search turns up evidence enough for his arrest.  Rotten, rotten man.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 3

Supposedly human remains have been found on Daybell's property. Rexburg PD will be holding a press conf. later today.

J.J.?? ?

Edited by Florita
  • Sad 11
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

Oh my goodness! There might finally be some answers. I’m shocked and nervous. I can’t guess who those remains are. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

It sort of sounds wrong because nobody should “like” bodies found, but in this case I think it’s great news.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 8

18 minutes ago, justwatching said:

It sort of sounds wrong because nobody should “like” bodies found, but in this case I think it’s great news.

It's a relief of sorts. Hopefully, LE will use something more precise than backhoes to investigate the finds completely.

• I Agree 6
  • Love 1

I have felt those two children were no longer living for awhile.  I so wish they would be found alive and well.  But if Chad and Lori did something criminal, it's easier to get a murder conviction if a body is found.

:(

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

My heart is breaking. 

16 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

It's a relief of sorts. Hopefully, LE will use something more precise than backhoes to investigate the finds completely.

Every time I see the police use a backhoe to dig something (or someone) up, I cringe.  So much information can be lost.  It can be done with so much more precision using archaeological excavation techniques. 

East Idaho News    UPDATE: Human remains found at the Daybell home

There's footage from a helicopter.  No news yet if Chad's been charged or arrested.  There's an FBI presence, according to East Idaho News. 

Even if Tammy's autopsy does not reveal any evidence of foul play, if they have other human remains, Chad and Lori will go to prison.  I so truly hope that none of Chad's children are involved in this. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic