IGNORED

No good ending here: Idaho mom dead, other kids missing

Howl

If anyone is keeping up with the the niece's role in all this, her ex Brandon (whom allegedly she had Alex attempt to murder) filed new documents in their custody case alleging some more disturbing stuff. This is all from reporter Justin Lum:

"Boudreaux cites Madison County Prosecutor Rob Wood who is the special prosecutor in both cases against Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell. He says Wood calls Pawlowski a person of interest in other felonious acts as well as the disappearance of JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan who are both now dead.

Important to note there is a protection ordered petitioned by Natalie Pawlowski against her ex-husband Ian (now married to Melani). The order protects their two kids and Ian can only have supervised parenting time. Documents say since the renewed Protection Order on 6/5/20, Ian has not had any contact with his kids.

In another response, Brandon Boudreaux says Melanie Gibb (Lori Vallow’s former best friend) was told by Pawlowski that two of her own kids are “zombies.” Gibb is supposed to testify in the case. According to Boudreaux, Gibb also tells him Pawlowski allegedly said he went from “dark” to “zombie” and that he was once in Hitler’s tight group of friends when Hitler was alive."

Brandon is the one who has also positively ID'd JJ's remains. That must have been hard for him. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

I don't think Melani Pawlowski is going to be getting custody of her kids any time soon. 

However, if there was evidence that she was directly involved with what happened to JJ and Tylee, wouldn't she'd have been arrested by now?

I wonder if Ian is having 2nd thoughts about marrying Melani.   They knew each other for, what, 15 minutes before they got married?

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Howl said:

In Chad's latest charges:

"On or about September 9, 2019, Chad Guy Daybell sent text messages to another for the purpose of disguising the destruction, alteration and/or concealment of human remains on his property." 

The "another" could only have been Alex or Lori, or, I suppose, both. 

Perhaps the charge was referring to his text to Tammy about shooting the raccoon and burying it in the pet cemetery. "Shooting the raccoon" was very likely "shooting Tylee" by either Chad or Alex. The thought is just horrendous. No raccoon carcass was found in the pet cemetery, of course.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

This coming Monday night there appears to be another Dateline, but I couldn't tell from the ad if it is a repeat of the one a couple of weeks ago, which heavily featured the interview with friend Melanie Gibb, or if it is a new one.

• Thank You 4

Per Scott Reich of Crime Talk, the DA's office dismissed the abandonment charges against Lori.  He said if she had been found guilty of those charges, each count had a maximum 14 year sentence, vs the 5 year max penalty for the newer charges of tampering with evidence, etc.  So he wondered why the DA dismissed those charges.  I hope the reason is because they feel confident they can bring murder charged against her.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

I guess they had to dismiss the abandonment charges because it is now obvious she didn't abandon them so there was no way to get a conviction on that? I just hope they all (Lori, Chad, Melanie) don't say Alex killed both kids (which he probably did) as a way to have no murder charges. Surely Chad and Lori at the very least will get an in-cahoots charge of murder. Niece Melanie is on a very slippery slope. I can never remember which Melani(e) has the "i" and which the "ie."  ... "First of all he have to decide: do we pronounce it lever (as in cleaver) or lever (as in clever)..." SLC

Edited by Bobology
  • Upvote 4

On 7/4/2020 at 5:48 AM, Bobology said:

This coming Monday night there appears to be another Dateline, but I couldn't tell from the ad if it is a repeat of the one a couple of weeks ago, which heavily featured the interview with friend Melanie Gibb, or if it is a new one.

My apologies to all. The Dateline was not about the Vallow/Daybell crimes. My only guess is I had been watching some DVR program and the Dateline commercial for the case was on that older program. I hate when I watch a DVR show and see an ad for a good show... that has long passed.

• Upvote 1

On 7/5/2020 at 4:41 PM, Bobology said:

Niece Melanie is on a very slippery slope. I can never remember which Melani(e) has the "i" and which the "ie."

Melani (now Melani Pawlowski) is the niece; Melanie Gibb is (was) Lori's close friend. 

There will probably be a bombshell re: Melani Pawlowski at some point.  She was  

1. very close to Lori before and during all this 
  2. "someone" tried to assassinate her ex 

I'm starting to wonder if Alex was a serial killer.  

• Upvote 5

I think the fact Lori tried to get her best friend not to cooperate with investigators, plus I think she also told her friend that she had convinced JJ's grandmother to take him because she (Lori) had cancer (a lie to Melanie to explain JJ's whereabouts), plus the lie that Tylee was away at college, .....  

We all know Lori was involved.  She aided and abetted, and so did scummy Chad.  These two aren't very smart, so I hope the police and any other agency involved are putting an ironclad case against them.  Neither one better get immunity.

• Upvote 9

3 hours ago, EmmieJ said:

We all know Lori was involved.  She aided and abetted, and so did scummy Chad.  These two aren't very smart, so I hope the police and any other agency involved are putting an ironclad case against them.  Neither one better get immunity.

Before recent events, including the recovery of JJ's & Tylee's remains, I would have put more blame on Lori -- Chad seemed like a total schlump. It now appears that Chad was the instigator in the children's murders but there is no doubt that Lori was a willing accomplice. My guess is she'll try to the play the victim card in the same way that, unbelievably, some people are saying that Ghislaine Maxwell is also a victim of Jeffrey Epstein.

I doubt either one will get immunity but I could see one of them getting a reduced sentence or no death penalty for ratting out the other one. 

• Upvote 9

6 hours ago, Howl said:

Melani (now Melani Pawlowski) is the niece; Melanie Gibb is (was) Lori's close friend. 

There will probably be a bombshell re: Melani Pawlowski at some point.  She was  

1. very close to Lori before and during all this 
  2. "someone" tried to assassinate her ex 

I'm starting to wonder if Alex was a serial killer.  

I hope the courts don't frame it like this, because this could be a convenient way for Chad and Lori to put all the blame on Alex. 

• Upvote 3

Alex Cox's phone records seemed to be instrumental in pinning down the location of the remains and where he was at various points in this saga. So presumably Chad and Lori's phone records could reveal a thing or two as well. Apart from the horrible "Fun times!" text from Chad to Tammy, have these been made public?

• Upvote 7

I can't recall if any info has been made public about Chad's texts, beyond what he texted to his then-alive wife Tammy about shooting a racoon or burying a racoon in their pet cemetary, which I believe coincided with Alex Cox' cell phone pings on Chad's property at or around the very same time.

I recall that Alex Cox' phone pinged in Lori's apartment after he was on Chad's property, which made me draw an inference that he met up with Lori after the deed was done.  I'm going solely by memory so I could be mistaken, but it seemed like it was either very late at night or in the very early hours, so why would he first be at Chad's property and then go visit his sister in the middle of the night?  

Still no public word on the results of the autopsy on Tammy's remains, which makes me less than optimistic.  I understand results can take some time, but it's been quite a while and still no word.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

Well, here we are, it's 6:43 pm Mountain Standard Time on July 22, the date Chad and Lori had predicted would initiate the End of Times and everyone would gather in a city of white tents near Rexburgh.  Unless there's an earthquake or tornado between now and midnight (it could happen!) I guess it's just another day in jail for Chad and Lori. 

• Upvote 13

8 hours ago, Howl said:

Well, here we are, it's 6:43 pm Mountain Standard Time on July 22, the date Chad and Lori had predicted would initiate the End of Times and everyone would gather in a city of white tents near Rexburgh.  Unless there's an earthquake or tornado between now and midnight (it could happen!) I guess it's just another day in jail for Chad and Lori. 

Nearly 8pm on the 23rd here... did the tsunami hit and I missed it?

• Upvote 5

The circuit board that controls the AC is out, it was 100 degrees today and we feel like death warmed over, but we're still kicking!  I have a very bad feeling it may be Monday before the part is here and the technician can install it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 1

This is so painful. A detective who was on the scene is describing the excavation and removal of JJ's body.  The Woodcocks are present, and Larry Woodcock is sobbing uncontrollably.  

For those interested, the live hearing on Zoom can be seen here.   There's currently a 15-minute recess. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 6
  • Thank You 6

Chad's lawyer seems to be extremely competent. We'll see if Lori's lawyer has taken an accelerated course in defense lawyer-ing next week.  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic