IGNORED

No good ending here: Idaho mom dead, other kids missing

Howl

2 hours ago, Bobology said:

I've read everything that has been posted here about them and it seems I remember reading (maybe the sister of Lori's ex-husband Ryan?) that Charles' sister knew the different passwords he used and she got into different things (Amazon, browser, email, etc) that way. I could very well be mistaken, though.

That sounds more plausible. I could see also if it was a laptop or tablet inherited rather than a printer then passwords might have been stored.

• Upvote 3

On 4/3/2020 at 1:34 PM, Bobology said:

I've read everything that has been posted here about them and it seems I remember reading (maybe the sister of Lori's ex-husband Ryan?) that Charles' sister knew the different passwords he used and she got into different things (Amazon, browser, email, etc) that way. I could very well be mistaken, though.

That makes sense!  Thanks. 

My concern is that Lori might be released from jail over coronavirus fears.  Hopefully an unfounded concern. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Howl said:

My concern is that Lori might be released from jail over coronavirus fears.  Hopefully an unfounded concern. 

Not unfounded.

I generally agree with releasing non-violent jail inmates who are not charged or convicted with a felony AND who have reasonable expectations of being able to comply with any post-release requirements -- e.g., having a residence in which to quarantine, wearing an ankle monitor, being able to report regularly to authorities via video conference, etc.

Lori may have a place in which to quarantine, but she is an accused felon with a track record of non-compliance and habitual lying. So, for her, it should be shelter-in-jail, not outside.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 9

Lori's attorney's have requested a staggering amount of materials in addition to what they already have. 

The DA responded to the request for lowered bail by just saying, "No!"  since Lori's attorney's had requested and gotten a new judge and a recent bail reduction.  And also, a big legal f**k you to Lori re: bail reduction SINCE SHE HASN'T PRODUCED HER KIDS. 

As a coronavirus precaution, the jail has gone to a format where all visitation is now electronic (sorry, Chad!) and the inmate meets with attorneys in what was previously the inmate visitation area -- I'm assuming to maintain social distancing. 

A previous meeting between Lori and her attorneys under this new format was inadvertently recorded, but the jail has erased the recording. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

Moving right along, from EastIdahoNews.com

Chad and Lori Vallow Daybell are being investigated for conspiracy, attempted murder and/or murder by the Idaho Attorney General’s Office, according to a letter obtained Friday by EastIdahoNews.com.

Attorney General takes over murder, conspiracy investigation in Daybell case

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 5

I follow the LDS Freedom Forum's Daybell thread.  This was an interesting post about Alex Cox's wedding.  Alex Cox is Lori's late brother.   The poster didn't provide information on the source of this information. 

Spoiler

True that. Such a truly bizarre situation. The witness at Alex' and Zulema's "wedding" in Las Vegas said there didn't appear to be any love or even friendliness between the two of them - that it looked to be more of a business arrangement than a wedding. No touching, no kiss at the end - just a cold formality. Really makes me wonder what the motive for them getting married was. Alex took her last name - the opposite of what most people do - seems odd. Did they get married for insurance purposes? Did Zulema (at her hero, Lori's, direction?) take out a big life insurance policy on Alex so they could have a pay-day when he 'died' 2 weeks later? That seems to be Lori's main source of income. And yeah, Zulema's own son didn't know they had gotten married. Insane!

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

A British tabloid is reporting that Lori will be released over CV 19 issues at the Rexburg jail.  EastIdahoNews.com has confirmed that Lori is still in jail and isn't going anywhere.  The jail has no plans to release Lori or any of the other inmates. 

Lori does have a hearing on Friday. 

• Thank You 7
  • Love 1

This AP wire story popped up in my feed reader:

Chad Daybell and his second wife Lori Vallow are being investigated for the murder, attempted murder and conspiracy regarding the death of his former wife, Tammy Daybell, according to a letter from the Idaho Attorney General’s Office. The Rexburg Standard Journal obtained the letter through a public records request.

The Idaho Attorney General Office is taking over the investigation into Tammy Daybell’s death for the Fremont County Prosecutor’s Office as of Thursday.

The letter was in response to Fremont County Prosecutor Marcia Murdoch’s request for assistance from Attorney General Lawrence Wasden. Murdoch is not seeking reelection this year, so the request may have come out of a desire for continuity, Fremont County Sheriff Len Humphries suggested.

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

Google led me to Reddit posts on LorCh (Lori + Chad) that led me to this family diagram chart (see below).  I had to enlarge it on my computer monitor -- not big enough on laptop. Even then, I had to scroll side to side.

Refresher on the 5 Cox siblings: 

• Lori Cox Yanes Lagoia Ryan Vallow Daybell (currently jailed in Rexburgh, ID over child desertion and has not produced missing children)
  • Alex Cox Pastenes (deceased) took his new wife Zulema's surname when they married in Nov. 2019 and died two weeks later of unknown causes.  Zulema's son, Joseph Lopez, found Alex still alive at a home in Gilbert, AZ, but in extreme distress. Zulema arrived "later" and administered CPR.  Alex subsequently died.  Link here
  • Adam Cox - The diagram has a very confusing paragraph about Adam Cox, Charles Vallow,  an email account, and a threat from Charles that the contents would be sent to Tammy Daybell 
  • Stacey Cox Cope died of diabetic shock on 21 May 1998 (aged 31). It's been widely reported that Alex Cox was in the house at the time of her death using her credit card to order pizza
  • Summer Cox Shiflett (seemingly not part of this shit show)

Reviewing the Family Diagram jpg, I realized for the first time that Lori's niece, Melani Cope Boudreaux Pawlowski, is Stacey Cope's child.  I'd be interested in knowing who raised Melani after her mother's death at 31.  

The Cox parents, Janis and Barry, were (are?) wing-nut anti-government tax resisters.  Barry spent time in prison over non-payment of taxes.  7rprapgnuvs41.jpg

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 10
  • Love 1

Google led me to Reddit posts on LorCh (Lori + Chad) that led me to this family diagram chart (see below).  I had to enlarge it on my computer monitor -- not big enough on laptop. Even then, I had to scroll side to side.
Refresher on the 5 Cox siblings: 
  • Lori Cox Yanes Lagoia Ryan Vallow Daybell (currently jailed in Rexburgh, ID over child desertion and has not produced missing children)
  • Alex Cox Pastenes (deceased) took his new wife Zulema's surname when they married in Nov. 2019 and died two weeks later of unknown causes.  Zulema's son, Joseph Lopez, found Alex still alive at a home in Gilbert, AZ, but in extreme distress. Zulema arrived "later" and administered CPR.  Alex subsequently died.  Link here
  • Adam Cox - The diagram has a very confusing paragraph about Adam Cox, Charles Vallow,  an email account, and a threat from Charles that the contents would be sent to Tammy Daybell 
  • Stacey Cox Cope died of diabetic shock on 21 May 1998 (aged 31). It's been widely reported that Alex Cox was in the house at the time of her death using her credit card to order pizza
  • Summer Cox Shiflett (seemingly not part of this shit show)
Reviewing the Family Diagram jpg, I realized for the first time that Lori's niece, Melani Cope Boudreaux Pawlowski, is Stacey Cope's child.  I'd be interested in knowing who raised Melani after her mother's death at 31.  
The Cox parents, Janis and Barry, were (are?) wing-nut anti-government tax resisters.  Barry spent time in prison over non-payment of taxes.  7rprapgnuvs41.jpg

Good Heavens! I may have to print that out for perusal.
  • Upvote 4

38 minutes ago, justwatching said:

Good Heavens! I may have to print that out for perusal.

It is fascinating in a "I can't believe I've been sucked into this whirling vortex" kind of way. 

My fave place to check in is the LDS Freedom Forum News about Chad Daybell (and Lori Vallow) thread, which is now 60 pages long.  For some reason it will go a few days without updating.  Some people post who have actually met or know the Daybells, others believe that the kids are safe and being kept in a secret location because something something something.  Chad's frenemy, Julie Rowe posts crazy stuff and was recently shot down by someone who told her to quit lying.  Julie promptly agreed with that person's points of correction.  There are rational people and people who think the government/CPS/police  are dark, evil, over lords.  

I also discovered interesting comments on the articles posted under the Chad Daybell tab at EastIdahoNews.com here    There is someone who posts extremely pro Lori & Chad comments under shells n cheez.  Another frequent commenter believes that shells n cheez is actually Chad's daughter Emma and her husband.  Someone also speculates that the Release Lori Vallow facebook page is also the work of Emma and husband, but that is being hotly disputed on Reddit. 

Here's a shells n cheez post on an EastIdahoNews.com article that pretty much sums it all up

Spoiler

The desperate and fascist state of Idaho continues to violate Lori's rights and wouldn't allow her private attorney/client consultation. Disgusting. WORSE, claimed it "accidentally" recorded their conversations. D-E-S-P-E-R-A-T-E is what the state of Idaho is.

Tick tock this illegal case is about to collapse. The fascist state of idaho is more interested in satisfying the dumb mob that was whipped into a furor by the liars of grandparents who falsely claim the kids are "missing" and by stupid "dateline nbc." Disgusting.

The federal courts and justice department need to take control of idaho's "justice" system.

I'd like to note that shells n cheez may get their wish to some extent.  I believe the FBI is involved in some of the investigations. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Lori's attorney is firing off subpoena's for materials right and left.  This apparently is related to the announcement that the state AG is now in charge of a murder investigation even though Lori has not been charged with murder, nor has Chad. 

The comments section on the article linked below is lit up with pro Daybell/anti Woodcock factions duking it out with the Where are the Kids? faction.  Someone even hurled the "Boomer!" insult, bolding it for emphasis, ostensibly at Chad or Chad's son-in-law Joseph Murray, neither of whom are boomers.*  It's personal now;  the same people show up hurling insults at each other as each new article is posted at EastIdahoNews.  

Lori Daybell’s attorney demanding extensive list of information related to death investigations

*Query for the popular culture fj hive mind: Is "boomer!" now an insult that a non-boomer can hurl at another non-boomer implying that Whoa dude, you're a BOOMER!, but if it's a non-boomer insulting an actual boomer, it's "Okay, Boomer"? 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Re: cesspools of comments. Wonder if Chad could be in those comment sections, flailing away against everyone who thinks Lori is guilty? 

Re: the defense request for documents. More flailing - the Idaho AG's office taking over the murder investigation must have ratcheted up their nervousness & worry.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

More flailing - the Idaho AG's office taking over the murder investigation must have ratcheted up their nervousness & worry.

A question being asked -- can the defense subpoena materials that would be related to the murder investigation before Lori is charged? Maybe Lori's lawyers know what's coming. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Howl said:

A question being asked -- can the defense subpoena materials that would be related to the murder investigation before Lori is charged? Maybe Lori's lawyers know what's coming. 

IANAL, but I think the defense has no right to access to the prosecution's evidence during the investigation and before Lori is charged.

Once she's charged, she has a right to see all of it, including any exculpatory evidence the state has in the case against her.

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Re: cesspools of comments. Wonder if Chad could be in those comment sections, flailing away against everyone who thinks Lori is guilty? 

Also a hot topic of discussion in various places! 

Another hotly debated topic: are some of the adult Daybell kids as deep in the weeds as Lori and Chad?

And for me, I'm wondering who will rat out who first to stay our of prison/jail? My money is on Lori's niece Melani. 

A poster on the latest EastIdahoNew.com article has this to say, relative to information discovered by Justin Lum, a TV reporter who's following this from the Phoenix end of things

Spoiler

...the extremely extensive subpoena request by Mr. Means [Lori's lawyer] may have some unexpected consequences for Lori Vallow. Although not obtained via the Subpoena, Justin Lum has revealed more emails from Charles indicating someone had hacked his email and put a password on his Life Insurance Policy. Emails to the Insurance Provider from Charles indicate he suspects guess who? He also requested the voice recording, if available, of the request. This is exactly the type of thing that Means [Lori's lawyer] may have handed the Prosecution and up to 5 years worth.

• Upvote 4

From comments on various posts on the Internet, not currently confirmed. 

Emma Murray, Chad's daughter, is married to Joseph Murray.  Joseph's brother applied for and was awarded a job at the Madison County jail, shortly before Lori was extradited and incarcerated there. 

The LEO who accompanied Lori from Hawaii to Rexburgh is running for county sheriff and is heavily supported by at least some of the Daybell offspring. 

Lori's current attorney has no or very little experience as a defense attorney. 

My take: the lawyer will rack up a lot of billable hours processing the the results of the subpoenas, even if it's restricted to materials relevant to Lori's current charges.  Chad, stash some of that ill-gotten money in a rainy day fund!  You may need it. 

Edited by Howl
  • Thank You 4

Lori's requested hearing has been postponed at least twice, and is now set for May 1.  

Chad Daybell and 47 others may be called as witnesses in Lori Daybell’s court hearings

There's this: 

Chad Daybell may be called to take the stand at his wife’s preliminary hearing next month, according to newly filed court documents.

This is a big deal. On the witness list, next do Chad's name

...[District Attorney] Wood pointed out that under Idaho Rules of Evidence, Chad cannot claim husband and wife privilege, meaning the information the couple shared together in conversations is not confidential.  Wood specifically mentioned a subsection that communications related to the children in a criminal or civil action concerning the “physical, mental or emotional condition of or injury to a child, or concerning the welfare of a child including, but not limited to the abuse, abandonment or neglect of a child,” are not exempt from disclosure.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 9

22 hours ago, Howl said:

This is a big deal. On the witness list, next do Chad's name

This is indeed big. One wonders why he or his attorney would agree to this at all. IANAL, so I don't know if he can be compelled to testify as a witness. 

That said, it would be a mercy if he did finally tell the truth -- he's got to know what's happened to those children.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

That said, it would be a mercy if he did finally tell the truth -- he's got to know what's happened to those children.

At the very least he must have some quite strong suspicions.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

2 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

This is indeed big. One wonders why he or his attorney would agree to this at all. IANAL, so I don't know if he can be compelled to testify as a witness. 

At the very least, he'll need to retain a lawyer if he doesn't already have one. It's just a hearing, but my sense is that the prosecution is bringing out the big guns to keep the bail set at the same amount. 

My impression is that a witness will receive a subpoena to testify at a court proceeding; ignoring that would result in contempt of court, but, like hoipolloi, IANAL. 

At this point, I entertain no hope that the kids are still alive. 

• Upvote 5

I saw a commercial that this Lori situation will be on Dateline NBC this upcoming Friday, 9E, 8 Central time. It looks like an update to 'Where Are the Children.' It may not contain any new info in addition to what you guys have posted here, but I can't not watch it at this point.

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic