IGNORED

No good ending here: Idaho mom dead, other kids missing

Howl

1 hour ago, Florita said:

My sweet Lord, it sounds like they buried JJ alive.

Are you saying this because of all the duct tape and the bag over his head?  (that was painful to type)

I'm wrapping some arms of protection around Kay and Larry Woodcock because hearing about how JJ was found is tearing them apart. I don't know if this was the first time they heard the details. 

• Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, Howl said:

Are you saying this because of all the duct tape and the bag over his head?  (that was painful to type)

Yes. I knew there was duct tape but I didn't know how much/how placed until now.  omg

• Upvote 2

On 8/3/2020 at 2:16 PM, Florita said:

Yes. I knew there was duct tape but I didn't know how much/how placed until now.  omg

Yeah....you don't need that much duct tape is those specific places for someone who is already dead. That is for someone who is alive and struggling against you. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 6
  • I Agree 1

This is the audio of Lori lying about her children to the police who are there for the first welfare check.

Lying, lying, lying about everything.  How everything has been awful, that her other brother had been in cahoots with Charles Vallow and might have been trying to kill her for her 2 million dollar life insurance policy and had showed up at her door in Rexburgh, that Kay was harassing her about custody of JJ, how horrible it was that her husband changed the insurance policy to Kay's name and she had no money after she'd raised all those kids*, that Tylee was in college, that JJ was in Arizona with a friend.  Everything that came out of that woman's mouth was a lie.  If I have the timeline correct, the kids are already dead and have been for quite some time -- since late Sept, right? And it's now November-ish.  Listening to this, she's giving a tsunami of information, totally snowing the policeman with bullshit. 

Police during the first interview realize something about "friend" Chad  -- "Daybell. Isn't he the one whose wife passed away recently?"  During the interview at that point she implies that Chad is a friend of her brother Alex. 

*Charles' sons, who visited in the summers, said that Lori would leave them at home and go off and do her own thing. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 10

Judge just ruled there is probable cause. Chad's case is moving to trial. Arraignment is on the 21st.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 7

Random thoughts after watching two days of Chad's preliminary hearing:  Lori lies as easy as breathing.  What a piece of work.  

Chad has a good defense attorney and the prosecution better prep Melanie Gibb for her trial testimony.

FBI agent and analysts were good witnesses.

why didn't the DA tell Chad's attorney to either keep 6' away or put on a face mask when talking with him?  Also, what was up with having to be repeatedly reminded to pull his mic closer?  

The horror of the way the children were disposed of was heartbreaking and I hope both Chad and Lori get the maximum sentence possible.  Evil humans.

• Upvote 7

Dang. Things are heating up in the tangled web department! 

Waiting for the shoe to drop on Lori's niece Melani Beaudreaux Pawlowski and the attempted hit on her ex  Brandon. 

Also, sometime in July, it was anticipated that Brandon would, as part of a custody hearing, prove that Melani visited the Daybell newlyweds in Hawaii but I don't know if that ever transpired. 

Note that Lori was apparently deliberately referred to as Lori Vallow, NOT Lori Daybell, during Chad's hearing.  Did anyone else catch that?

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, Howl said:

Note that Lori was apparently deliberately referred to as Lori Vallow, NOT Lori Daybell, during Chad's hearing.  Did anyone else catch that?

I saw someone (on Reddit maybe?) explain that Vallow is still her legal name because they hadn't filed their Hawaiian marriage certificate yet. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

It must be pretty awful for Chad Daybell's children and other relatives living in the area, especially following the preliminary hearing with the gruesome details about the way the two children were disposed of.  

Also, were the results of the autopsy on Tammy Daybell ever made public?  

• Upvote 7

A little insomnia last night and rather than obsess over the US Post Office being dismantled in a Friday Night Massacre, I was thinking about Lori. 

She is (by an extremely small margin) a little more distant from the murder of her children. Her brother is dead and they were buried on Chad's property. BUT, she is the legal mom and NEVER reported them missing.  The kids were murdered in September and she subsequently lied multiple times about their whereabouts, including one incident captured by police on audio.  Melanie Gibb testified that she was asked by Chad to lie and say JJ was in her care; can't remember if Lori requested that as well. 

Lori waived her right to a hearing and will go directly to trial. Lawyer Scott Reisch (Voir Dire podcast) is following this case and he noted that this is a correct move for Lori. All the information her defense needed was brought forth in Chad's hearing and since Lori's lawyer seems to be a clueless newby about criminal trials + doesn't know how to defense attorney, Scott thought not having a hearing was the correct move.

Which brings me to another point.  Did Chad take whatever was left of the insurance payout from Tammy's death to get a competent criminal lawyer, leaving Lori with clueless and inept Mark Means for counsel? 

After the testimony about the exhumation of JJ and Tylee's bodies, and having to know in their heart of hearts that their dad murdered their mom, I wonder if any of Chad's kids still support him? 

I go back and forth in my mind about whether Joe Ryan (Tylee's biological father) was murdered by Alex or died of natural causes.  Today I'm going with murder, because

1. Alex hated him
  2. Joe, Lori, Alex all lived in the greater Phoenix metroplex
  3. Financial gain was involved
  4. He was cremated immediately post autopsy

• Upvote 8

Chad clearly has a competent criminal defense attorney, and that costs a lot of money.  Not only for the attorney's hourly fees, but a good defense will also need to hire an expert or two to debut the defense experts.  So I agree with Howl that perhaps some of Tammy's life insurance funds might be financing Chad's defense (*), or maybe he took out a second mortgage on his house, or he had funds in the bank from his book sales.  

Lori, on the other hand - what finances does she have?  Not the million dollars she thought she'd get following the convenient death of Charles Vallow.  I don't think she owns any property.  Maybe Chad is paying her attorney's fees, but he's cheaping out.  

* If Tammy's autopsy results should indicate foul play, seems like the insurance company would demand Chad return the money.  

Edited by EmmieJ
  • Upvote 7

Chad and Tammy were on the edge financially, and I don't know if they used the money from the sale of their previous home to buy the Rexburg property free and clear or if there's a mortgage.  Also, with two murdered children buried on the property, it will be radio active if Chad tries to sell it, unless a family member steps up to buy it. 

If Charles was savvy enough to change his insurance policy beneficiary, he probably rewrote his will to leave Lori high and dry.  Lori was prob living off of the money she got from Joe Ryan's death (Tylee's money); no doubt Lori registered JJ and Tylee for Social Security survivor's benefits after both Joe Ryan and Charles Vallow were murdered and that presumably Lori continued to draw after Tylee and JJ were murdered.  That fraud alone could land her in prison. 

So, that's another check in the "Joe Ryan was murdered" column. When Joe died, Tylee was eligible for Social Security survivor's benefits. 

So, correct. Lori has no assets, unless Chad is continuing to share his insurance windfall with her.  

• Upvote 7

I hope they get the maximum sentence possible for the crimes they are charged with.  Because Alex Vallow is dead, I'm pretty sure both Lori and Chad's attorneys will insinuate that Alex acted alone.  But how can Lori spin her lies about the children's whereabouts?  I'd like to know what Melanie Boudreaux knew.  She's another shady character.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

On 8/9/2020 at 5:39 PM, EmmieJ said:

I'd like to know what Melanie Boudreaux knew.  She's another shady character.

I'm guessing she has a lot of sleepless nights.  There was an attempted hit on her ex (possibly/likely by Alex), which, if successful, would have left her with his substantial assets...

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

I've fallen down the rabbit hole of vloggers who discuss true crime and this Daybell/Vallow case is the main topic for many of them right now.  I watch Scott Reich's Crime Talk, then youtube suggested It's A Crime (Linda is the name of the host and she's pretty good), and there is another one with the first name Noor and I can't recall offhand her full youtube name, .... and many, many others.  Oh, and another favorite is True Crime Loser, which was my accidental starting point for true crime vloggers.  I believe the host is also a stand up comedian.

But speaking of the attempted hit on Melanie Boudreaux' ex-husband, apparently Lori Vallow rented a storage unit in or around Rexburg and there is security camera footage that shows what appears to be Lori and Chad putting a spare tire into the unit as well as the back seat from a vehicle (not sure if they are speculating it's the back seat from a Jeep or they can tell that it is for sure).  This occurs shortly before the attempted shooting of Brandon Boudreaux, with the shot being fired from what was likely Alex Cox' Jeep.   Then there is further footage showing Lori and a man believed to be Alex returning to the storage unit and retrieving both the spare tire and the vehicle seat.  

I find Alex Cox' death to be incredibly convenient for not only Lori and Chad, but for Melanie B as well.  

• Upvote 8

But the storage unit was in Rexburg, Idaho and the attempted hit on Brandon Budreaux was in the greater Phoenix area, right?

It was speculated that there were two people involved -- a person driving and a person shooting.  The jeep was identified as Tylee's. 

• Upvote 1

On a map, it's a fairly straight line south from Rexburg to Phoenix, roughly 900 miles (estimated 14 hours drive time).  I need to look into the time frame of the two visits to the storage unit.  

I don't recommend it, but I have driven from Scottsdale, AZ to the Bay Area in a day.  If you have two people who can take turns driving, it's much easier.  

I had heard Alex Cox owned a Jeep.  Misinformation?  My thought was that Alex and Melanie B. could have been in the Jeep involved in the attempt on Brandon.

• Upvote 2

Okay, I viewed an East Idaho News clip about the storage unit and put together a little timeline:

10/01/19 - Lori rents the storage unit in Rexburg, ID

10/02/19 - Around 9:30 a.m., in Gilbert, AZ, someone in a Jeep registered to Charles Vallow ( sorry about my confusion above - it wasn't Alex' vehicle.  It was registered to Charles Vallow ) takes a shot at Brandon Boudreaux, narrowing missing him.  At this point in time, Charles Vallow has been dead for awhile and Tylee had been driving this Jeep.  Sadly, she is also dead by this date as well.

10/02/19 (same day) - Lori and Chad visit the storage unit at 2:25 p.m. and drop off a tire and a seat (which has been speculated to both come off of a Jeep)  (The tire and seat could have been removed at any time following Tylee's murder and prior to this day/time.)

10/03/19 - Lori and Alex Cox return to the storage unit and retrieve the tire and the seat.  In the clip I watched, no specific time is given but it appears full daylight.

As in my earlier post, the estimated time to drive to/from Rexburg ID and the Phoenix area (Gilbert is a small town near Phoenix) is about 14 hours.  I think Alex Cox could have been in Gilbert on 10/02 around 9:30 a.m., take a shot at Brandon Boudreaux, and then hit the road and return to Rexburg.  If he left immediately after the attempt, he could get back to Rexburg in the late night/early morning hours, and then go with Lori later on 10/02 to the storage unit.

I'm just speculating and saying that with the footage from the storage unit, it could be done.

Edited by EmmieJ
  • Upvote 7

• 2 weeks later...

I guess Chad's attorney has to file a motion to dismiss to fully defend him, but yeah, that's going to be denied.  

I recently discovered another youtuber, Annie Cushing.  She's the sister of Joe Ryan, Lori's 3rd husband and Tylee's aunt.  Annie thinks Joe was Lori's first victim.  I think her YouTube account is Annielytics, and she's created a timeline database.  Fascinating stuff, a really deep dive.

• Upvote 3

Yes, Annie Ryan is amazing.  

Chad's attorney is now calling for the trial to be held in a different venue, which, considering the notoriety of the case, is quite reasonable. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic