IGNORED

No good ending here: Idaho mom dead, other kids missing

Howl

9 hours ago, tsukinokawa said:

rip JJ, at least now we know what happened to you. 

maybe the other remains belong to Tylee. This result was pretty much expected but it's sad. 

as for lochad 

Hide contents

swim in urine 

I certainly echo the sentiment regarding that fuggly frog faced thing they call Chad.

So we know there were remains belonging to two children found.

We know by the dates given in court today that they believe one to be the remains of JJ and one to be those of Tylee. During the hearing Mr Wood (prosecutor) used the term "particularly egregious" iirc, in regard to the remains that would belong to Tylee. 

There are also persistent rumors that there was significant damage (burning & possible dismemberment) to the remains that may cause it to be more difficult for the M.E. to make a concrete identification as quickly as they were able to for JJ. 

Tylee's aunt, Annie Cushing, has stated that she hasn't been notified that the second set of remains is fully identified, yet.

This whole situation is sad. It sucks. So. Bad.

And it really brings up a lot of old wounds for me... =(

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Once again we have murdered kids... Onve again we have an adopted child... Murdered at the hands of parents because of extremist religious ideology.

Has anyone looked into the batshit ideas espoused by Daybell & Vallow?

Just cracked my eyes open this am... Lmk if I need to post more background & i will after coffee.

Edited by Shaquillle Oatmeal
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

Chad's brother, Matt, has made a statement.

This is a very heartfelt, compassionate statement. It’s nice to see there is some of that going on amidst all the crazy.
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

One of Chad Daybell's neighbors is speaking out. The one interesting take away for me was that it sounds as if Chad and Tammy's adult children were living in the home. That has me wondering if they can fill in any more pieces to the puzzle, even if they didn't know what was going on at the time. Also, it sounds like Chad may have tried to slip away.

Oops. Almost forgot the article!

https://www.abc15.com/news/national/chad-daybells-neighbor-describes-strange-behavior-after-jj-and-tylees-disappearance

Edited by nvmbr02
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

Chad Daybell’s parents, family issue statement for ‘all who are suffering and grieving’

Chad Daybell’s parents, Jack and Shelia Daybell, along with his brother, Paul Daybell, and the Daybell family have issued the following statement to EastIdahoNews.com about the deaths of the Joshua “JJ” Vallow and Tylee Ryan:

It is with heavy hearts and extreme sadness, that we wish to express our love and condolences to the families of JJ and Tylee. We especially want to convey our sorrow to Larry and Kay Woodcock and Colby Ryan for the pain and suffering they have endured for many months and especially at this time.

We have hoped and prayed over the many months for the safety and well-being of JJ and Tylee and we are devastated by their passing. We are heart-broken that these beautiful children’s lives were ended tragically and prematurely and for the emptiness and pain it leaves in the lives of their loved ones. We also continue to mourn for Tammy, who has been a daughter and sister to us and part of our family for nearly 30 years. She was the sweetest and kindest person and a wonderful mother to her children.

The lives of her children have been devastated since she passed away and through the events of the past months and recent days. We empathize and know that for every family and loved one involved, healing may take a lifetime. We send our most sincere love and prayers to all those who are suffering and grieving at this time.

The Daybell Family

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

So some of his adult children were still living with Chad, up to the day he finally got arrested?  Talk about turning a blind eye!  Your mom dies unexpectedly, then your dad remarries 2 weeks later to a woman whose 2 minor children have been reported missing, but you're cool with dad bunking with you?

Both families seem really odd to me.  Lori's mom claiming she spoke with JJ, her mom and sister insisting Lori is a great mom and would never harm them, and now reading that Chad's adult children were living with him up until his arrest.  Are they having nightmares now they know the two children were buried right in the yard where they lived?  

If my mom passed away and my dad remarried two weeks later, I would never get over my shock and disappointment.  I certainly wouldn't let him move in with me after his weirdo second wife got thrown in jail for refusing to explain where her missing children were.  (Although this home is probably the family home.  I wonder if one of more of the adult children moved in after Chad took off and when he returned, they didn't have the wherewithal to move into their own place.)

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

From Tammy's family, via EastIdahoNews: 

As the family of our beloved Tammy, we want to extend our deepest and heartfelt love and sympathy to the families of Tylee and JJ. We share the pain of the tremendous and shocking loss you are enduring. We still suffer and we will suffer with you for many years to come. Please know we will continue our prayers to strengthen your families, as you are finally able to properly lay to rest your precious Tylee and JJ.

As matters move through the judicial process, we pray that each of our families can be strengthened and trust that justice will be swiftly served.

We wish to thank the many members of law enforcement and the FBI who continue to work tirelessly as investigations continue, and the public who have shown such love and support for our families. We also ask that our privacy continue to be respected at this time as we continue to grieve for Tammy, and the Woodcock and the Ryan families grieve this unfathomable loss.

From Tammy’s Parents, Siblings and Extended Family

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, EmmieJ said:

Both families seem really odd to me.  Lori's mom claiming she spoke with JJ, her mom and sister insisting Lori is a great mom and would never harm them, and now reading that Chad's adult children were living with him up until his arrest.  Are they having nightmares now they know the two children were buried right in the yard where they lived?  

When Lori's mother made the statement a few weeks ago I knew immediately that the bitch was lyiiiiiiiing. And I knew even she didn't believe her own lie.

Lori's sister (Melanie's mother) also passed away, decades ago. Complete speculation on my part, but I wonder if maybe Lori had something to do with causing her sister's death, also?

• Upvote 2

Listened to Scott Reisch podcast yesterday (criminal lawyer who discusses murder cases).  He's speculating that Lori rolled over on Chad, because the police/FBI knew the exact spots to search to recover human remains. He spends a few very interesting minutes on how the psychological dynamics of one person imprisoned while a co-conspirator remains free can lead to betrayal by the imprisoned person.  

Scott Reisch: Voir Dire, A Law Podcast   Scott doesn't date his podcasts, but the title is Chad Daybell Update Ahmaud Arbery And Gieorge Floyd Cases!!! 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Howl said:

Listened to Scott Reisch podcast yesterday (criminal lawyer who discusses murder cases).  He's speculating that Lori rolled over on Chad, because the police/FBI knew the exact spots to search to recover human remains. He spends a few very interesting minutes on how the psychological dynamics of one person imprisoned while a co-conspirator remains free can lead to betrayal by the imprisoned person.  

Scott Reisch: Voir Dire, A Law Podcast   Scott doesn't date his podcasts, but the title is Chad Daybell Update Ahmaud Arbery And Gieorge Floyd Cases!!! 

Reich's podcasts do a good job explaining both the law and the legal criminal process.  It sure seems like the authorities knew exactly where to focus their searches.  If Lori got offered a deal, it better be life in prison, no parole instead of the death penalty.  Although, if the sentence were 40 years before she had the opportunity of parole, that's close to a life sentence.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

4 minutes ago, EmmieJ said:

If Lori got offered a deal, it better be life in prison, no parole instead of the death penalty.  Although, if the sentence were 40 years before she had the opportunity of parole, that's close to a life sentence.

Makes me wonder what else she might have confessed....Tammy?

• Upvote 4

50 minutes ago, meep said:

We still don't even know about Tylee's dad, didn't they open back up to investigate?

Joe Ryan, who is Tylee's biodad,  wasn't found for a period of time after he died;  but the autopsy indicated heart attack as the likely cause of death.  According to Joe Ryan's sister, it's accurate to say he was not a great father or husband.  However, he did have life insurance that was still in Lori's name.  And he also lived in the Phoenix area...I think at the same time Alex and Lori did. 

Charles Vallow, Lori's 4th husband and JJ's adoptive father, is the one that was killed by Alex, Lori's brother.  That may be an active investigation BUT Alex is dead, so...

Speculation:  The reason I speculate is  that Lori had a high burn rate, no job and several people met untimely ends in attempts to cash in on insurance money.  I don't believe she would have left any source of money untapped. 

One thing I've mentioned in the past few months is that Tylee would have been eligible to receive Social Security survivor's benefits after Joe Ryan passed.  JJ  may have been getting some state or federal disability benefit and also a Social Security survivor benefit after Charles was killed.  If it can be shown that Lori knew the kids were dead and was still cashing those checks, she could have some charges for defrauding the government added on. 

It also created a double bind.  If she had stopped those funds, it would have been an indication that the kids, were, indeed, deceased. 

One more thing.  Chad has a new lawyer.  Is Lori still stuck with the guy who seemed to know zip about criminal law? 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 7

5 hours ago, Howl said:

He's speculating that Lori rolled over on Chad, because the police/FBI knew the exact spots to search to recover human remains.

That makes a lot of sense. If it had been a random search, you could well open up a big area on a property that size before finding evidence 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Very sad but not surprising: the identification of the recovered human remains has confirmed that they are JJ & Tylee:

REXBURG — Human remains found on Chad Daybell’s Salem property have been officially identified as 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan.

The Rexburg Police Department announced the findings Saturday following autopsies that were performed on both bodies in Boise.

“The remains were taken to the medical examiner’s office where an autopsy and positive identification was performed. It is with heavy hearts that we now confirm that those remains have now been officially identified as those of JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan,” Rexburg Police Assistant Chief Gary Hagen said in a news release.

The remains were found as a search warrant was executed at Daybell’s home Tuesday. Rexburg Police officers, Fremont County Sheriff deputies and the FBI made the discovery in the yard behind the house. Daybell was arrested and charged with two felony counts of concealment or destruction of evidence.

The first felony count alleges Daybell hid, altered, or destroyed human remains on his property between Sept. 8, 2019 and June 9, 2020. The second count says Daybell hid, altered, or destroyed human remains on his property between Sept. 22, 2019 and June 9, 2020.

Authorities have not released details about the conditions of the remains but during a court hearing Wednesday, Madison County Prosecuting Attorney Rob Wood noted the concealment of one of the bodies was “particularly egregious.”

• Sad 18

So, question here. When Lori was apprehended and arrested in Hawaii, Tylee's cell phone and birth certificate were found in Lori's possession.  Just seems odd, but if Tylee's phone plan was still active, could Lori have been keeping it to respond in case anyone (like Colby Ryan, Tylee's brother) texted Tylee, making it seem as though Tylee was still alive?  Lori told numerous lies about Tylee's whereabouts between Sept and Feb, most often that she was attending college at BYU/Rexburgh.  Lori must by now realize that the life she knew is over, unless she still believes that the Big Whatever is still going to happen on July 22 and she's waiting for that to set her free. 

• Upvote 7

31 minutes ago, Howl said:

So, question here. When Lori was apprehended and arrested in Hawaii, Tylee's cell phone and birth certificate were found in Lori's possession.  Just seems odd, but if Tylee's phone plan was still active, could Lori have been keeping it to respond in case anyone (like Colby Ryan, Tylee's brother) texted Tylee, making it seem as though Tylee was still alive?  Lori told numerous lies about Tylee's whereabouts between Sept and Feb, most often that she was attending college at BYU/Rexburgh.  Lori must by now realize that the life she knew is over, unless she still believes that the Big Whatever is still going to happen on July 22 and she's waiting for that to set her free. 

Colby has stated he received text messages from Tylee after she went missing that didn't sound like her. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 5

This case is so harrowing especially with so many victims connected to one family, I agree Lori probably knew that the net was closing in and that she would be better off talking about Chad. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Howl said:

Just seems odd, but if Tylee's phone plan was still active, could Lori have been keeping it to respond in case anyone (like Colby Ryan, Tylee's brother) texted Tylee, making it seem as though Tylee was still alive? 

Yes, someone had been sending texts after the last date anyone besides Lori & Chad had seen Tylee:

The teen’s cell phone was found with Tylee’s mother, Lori, an unnamed source close to the investigation told the outlet. The device was used several times after Tylee first disappeared. One October text reading, “hi. miss you guys too …luv ya," was sent to a concerned friend.

And there are the texts sent to Colby, as @TuringMachine said.

• Upvote 7

My heart is breaking for Colby.  He and his wife visited the Daybell property yesterday to leave a little sign at the memorial site that's along the fenceline. 

I think Charles was somewhat of a dad to him, Joe Ryan (according to Colby) abused him* and his mother has betrayed him in an inconceivable way by being complicit in the murder of his siblings and Charles.  Joe, Charles, Tylee and JJ -- all dead. 

*Annie Ryan, Tylee's aunt, has confirmed that at the very least Joe was physically and emotionally abusive to Colby. 

Chad has pled not guilty.

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 9
  • Sad 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic