IGNORED

No good ending here: Idaho mom dead, other kids missing

Howl

2 Idaho children went missing weeks before their stepfather's former wife was found dead

I had to read this article several times before I sorted out who was dead, who was missing and how they were related. 

Chad Daybell married Lori Vallow a few weeks after the death of his first wife, Tammy Daybell, so that's a little odd. 

Lori Vallow's children (an adopted special-needs boy age 7 and a teenaged girl) have not been seen or heard from since September and have now been reported missing. 

When police went to Chad and Lori's home for a welfare check on the 7-year-old boy on Nov. 26,  the couple claimed he was in Arizona "with a family friend,"  which was not true.  The police later returned to Chad and Lori's home, but discovered that Chad and Lori had decamped and are on the run.  

Tammy Daybell was originally thought to have died of natural causes,  but has now been exhumed for further testing because it doesn't get much hinkier than this. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 2

Websleuths is following this story and untangling the bizarre interconnections pretty well, for those who want to delve.  It's a bizarre story for sure!

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/id-joshua-vallow-7-tylee-ryan-17-rexburg-sept-2019.491720/

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

I just found this in another article.  Holy. Freaking. Schmoley. 

FBI Issues Nationwide Search for Two Children Believed to be in Extreme Danger

During the death investigation [of Tammy Daybell], authorities learned that the Rexburg children were missing. Lori Vallows’ husband Charles Vallow, died on July 11, 2019, in Chandler Arizona when Lori’s brother, Alex Cox, shot and killed him in what he said was self-defense. Several months later Cox also died, but authorities have yet to provide details surrounding the death.

So you've got three dead adults (the spouses of the runaways), two of whom died under mysterious circumstances, and two children who have not been heard from since September 23. 

On 12/23/2019 at 7:35 AM, adidas said:

Oh dear, this one is not going to end well :(  I googled and found this, it is worth reading:     https://heavy.com/news/2019/12/chad-daybell/

Oh. My. Gosh! A huge cache of crazy details --  read this before the article I posted above.   They are all Mormons and Chad Daybell and Lori (Vallows) Daybell are involved in some Mormon doomsday cult called Prepare the People.  This is all just beyond bizarre and I am totally, completely sucked in. 

@adidas, I am in total agreement that this will not end well.  Sadly, I don't think those kids will be found alive. 

I also think at some point that we'll be reading a true crime book about this. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 6
  • Sad 1

This is Tamara Daybell's obituary.   She lived a regular active Mormon mom's life (five grown kids); a very, very smart and productive woman.  

Tamara Douglas Daybell

But going back to Lori Vallow, her estranged?  ex? husband Charles lived in Texas. Apparently they weren't living together at the time of his death; however, at noted above, Charles Vallow was killed by Lori's brother.  Also, there's a lot of crazy family relationships going on here, but according to some posters on the sleuthing website, the two missing children were in the home when Lori's brother killed Charles. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 6

To get a sense of Chad Daybell's thinking, he has a publishing company (Spring Creek Book Company) and is author of an end times series:  springcreekbooks.com

Preparingapeople.com:    They are preparing people for the second coming.  This disclaimer is on their Web site: 

On A Very Sad Note...In October, Nancy and I were out of the country for several weeks on a long needed family trip. We were deeply saddened to learn of the sudden death of Tammy Daybell, the wife of Chad Daybell, but could not attend the funeral. We considered Chad Daybell a good friend, but have since learned of things we had no idea about.  As many of you know, Chad was a speaker at some of our Preparing A People Events and appeared on several of our "Preparing A People Podcasts".  We also produced a Series for Chad, “Glimpses through the Veil.”  We recently learned of Chad's new marriage to Lori Vallow a couple weeks after Tammy Daybell died. Lor Vallow was a contributor on the "Time to Warrior Up" podcast with Jason Mow and Melanie Gibb.  And she also co-hosted the  "Feel the Fire" Podcast  with Melanie Gibb. We did not know Lori as well as we thought we knew Chad. 

In light of current concerning media reports and ongoing criminal investigations regarding the recent death of Lori Vallow's previous husband in Arizona, and the sudden death of Chad Daybell's previous wife in Idaho, and with new reports of Lori's missing children and the death of Lori's brother-in-law,  and the unknown whereabouts of Chad and Lori, we feel it inappropriate to promote any media content that may feature or contain references to either Chad Daybell or Lori Vallow.  

Our hearts go out to all Chad and Lori's family and friends who are now affected by this ongoing confusing tragedy.  We pray for the truth of whatever happened to be quickly manifest, and we pray for the safe return of Lori's 2 beautiful children.

Sincerely, Michael & Nancy James 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

Rummaging around a bit over on Websleuth's thread on all this, came across a post by someone who had listened to a youtube from a relative or friend of the fam.  The listener summarized Lori Vallow Daybell's marriages, based on the youtube info and I'll summarize her findings in list form: 

1. 1992,   Lori graduates high school and marries Nelson and divorces him after a year of marriage.  
  2. 1994, meets and marries husband #2 and has  Colby; divorced after three years.
  3. Year? meets and marries  Joseph and had  Tylee; divorced after three years.  He died of a heart attack in 2018. 
  4. Year? Meets and marries  Charles, they separated; a few months later he is murdered by Lori's brother in "self defense."  
  5. Marries  Chad Daybell  in November 2019. 

So. Lori's brother, Alex Cox...Killed Lori's ex-husband Charles during a child custody exchange, supposedly in self defense,  this past July.   Someone named Stacy (Lori and Alex's sister?) died in 1998.  Alex Cox was the only other person in the house and had ordered pizza off Stacy's credit card close to her time of death.  I'm putting this all in the "hearsay" category.  Alex died on December 12; medical examiner's report on cause of death is pending. 

Also, per Websleuths but unconfirmed, Chad Daybell had taken out an insurance policy on his late wife Tammy  in the months before her death. 

Also, this interesting post on Websleuths: 

Also dead, the previous wife of one of her ex-husbands. A woman he was married to shortly before marrying Lori. Which makes two dead wives of her future husbands plus two dead ex husbands plus a dead brother and two missing kids. Did I miss anybody?

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 3
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 2

Following along on Websleuths, there is potential for so much crazy with this thing, including Mormon end times folks (could they be hiding the kids and Chad + Lori?). There's also speculation about  a woman named Julie Rowe, excommunicated from the LDS in April of this year, who does energy readings and has visions,  has established safe houses for victims of disasters, is totally into End Times and whose book(s) (published by Daybell) have been discounted by the Church. 

So,  from The Daily BeastDoomsday Writer’s Friend Says He Prophesied Wife’s Mysterious Death

Idaho author Chad Daybell, who wrote a series of doomsday books for Mormon readers, confided in a friend that he had visions his first wife would die. “Angels had told him that he was going to lose Tammy,” Julie Rowe told a local TV station this week.

Julie Rowe wiki   Her blog is here: julieroweprepare.com/blog/

Another tidbit from The Daily Beast article linked above: After Daybell refused to order an autopsy on his wife, which is his right, the coroner listed her cause of death as “natural.”

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 5

As authorities investigate this  tangled web, it is not getting any less bizarre.  Not at all.

How a Gilbert drive-by shooting is tied to the Idaho missing children

Tammy Daybell threatened with paintball gun weeks before her death   

Tammy Daybell experienced this interaction as scary/strange enough that she reported it to police, but indicated she thought it was a prank.  As noted in many places, some paintball guns are accurate replicas of real guns. 

According to some reports, the missing kids, Tylee and Joshua, witnessed Alex Cox (Lori Vallow's now deceased brother) kill Lori's husband, Charles.  Other accounts have one or both kids in a car outside during the murder. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

How many divorces until one decides that one does not have to marry every guy that comes along?

• Upvote 2
  • Love 5

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

How many divorces until one decides that one does not have to marry every guy that comes along?

I'm wondering if Lori married strategically and came away with something (kid/money/property/assets/alimoney/child support) from an early divorce and figured out how to subsequently work the divorce process for proceeds and then perhaps discovering that widowhood is less messy and works better if there's a potential life insurance payout involved or easier access to assets. 

There's enough weirdness in her personal history and the history of those that were anywhere near her orbit that I'm starting to think she is a black widow, so best of luck to Chad Daybell for his future longevity.  

A few family members quoted in the press say that Lori Cox __?__  __?__  Ryan Vallow Daybell was a "loving and responsible mother" until about 18 months ago, when she became heavily involved with the End Times groups Preparing A People and AVOW (Another Voice of Warning).  Family on Lori's side considered her to be involved with a cult. 

I'm 50-50 on whether the kids are alive but desperately hoping they are somewhere safe.  IF the kids witnessed Charles Ryan's murder by Lori's brother Alex Cox, they knew way too much, and were murdered by their mother and another person back in Sept.   Alternately, the kids could be hidden away by AVOW/Preparing a People fellow travelers -- hidden from evil government forces or someone wanting more custody. 

The  now ex-husband of Lori's niece (who was almost killed in a drive-by shooting somehow related to this entire shiteroo) claims that his now ex-wife became involved in the same "cult" as Lori, and subsequently divorced him unexpectedly because of the cult influence.  He now has custody of their two kids. 

Family and friends have indicated online that there are people out there that know things about the kids and the overall situation, but are choosing to stay silent for whatever reason. 

I find the whole thing fascinating because I believe there may be psychopathy, a blond temptress, possible blood atonement, LDS, End Times cult with prophecies & visions, a LOT of attempted murder, regular successful murder, death from undetermined causes, missing kids, a brand new widower who declines to have his wife autopsied and marries previously noted much divorced and widowed blond two weeks later, another month  and they've absconded and are currently in the wind, possibly hidden/abetted by Preparing a People/AVOW folks.  

I'll bet Dateline and the Investigation Discovery channel are licking their respective chops. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 2

Apparently, Lori Vallow was obsessed with Chad Daybell's books and prepping for the End Times for four years prior to current events. 

In the past, Lori's late brother, Alex Cox, spent time in prison for assaulting Lori's estranged husband, Charles.  Alex stun gunned and broke several of Charles' ribs outside a courthouse after a child-custody hearing where Charles was seeking custody of Tylee. 

Rexburg, Idaho is apparently a magnet for some preppers.  Rexburg is a small city of about 28,000 and is 98% Mormon, in eastern Idaho, north of Idaho Falls.

This is getting national attention and Colby Ryan (Tylee's older brother) was on Good Morning America today.   Will watch this after hubs finishes watching Morning Joe.  We DVR both. 

Fox News in several locales has been covering this as well in their local newscasts.  Unless Chad Daybell and Lori are being hidden in a very rural area and staying inside (certainly possible and even likely), they will be found soon.  Chad is a big guy (6' 3") and hard to miss. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

Whew, boy.  More odd details.  Alex Cox, Lori's brother, got married in Vegas 12 days before he died.    The LinkedIn profile for his new wife (now widow) shows that she is an Emotion Code practitioner and spiritual healer.  I thought about that for a minute and then googled "is Bradley Nelson a Mormon?" and yes he is, of course he is.    Bradley Nelson (chiropractor)  is the inventor of The Emotion Code: Learn the Secrets of Energy Healing for a Better Life, which apparently is popular among Mormons.  You can become an Emotion Code certified practitioner for just under $900.  I have a feeling that Emotion Code is Plexus for the Soul. 

Lori's niece, Melani, remarried in Vegas the day after Alex wed.  Melani's new husband was hit with a domestic violence charge five days before they wed; the lawyer who handled his divorce is the same lawyer retained by Chad and Lori Daybell. 

More to come, of course.  

Turns out Colby Ryan will be on GMA tomorrow (Friday) morning; not today. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, justwatching said:

This is fascinating. And a cluster. And fascinating.

Yes, it's my current fave rabbit hole.  WebSleuths is on the third thread of 50  pages each in a short period of time.  The timeline is the second post on page 1 here.

Today, FBI and local Rexburg police have a warrant and are searching the Daybell home  (the family home shared by Chad and the late Tammy)  for blood and chemical evidence.  Lots of speculation that something incriminating was found in Tammy Daybell's autopsy, but there has been no official word on Tammy's autopsy results.  

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Full autopsy results may not be back yet - especially if any lab testings on tissue samples needed to be done (they can take a while).

I don't know how reliable this source is:

https://www.kmvt.com/content/news/LATEST-Possible-evidence-found-in-search-of-missing-Rexburg-kids-566724111.html

It reports as follows:

The local sheriff would not specify what was found in the latest search, but described it as “evidence” and “primarily about Tammy."

“The evidence collected today will be sent off for examination by experts,” said Sheriff Len Humphries of Fremont County, Idaho, adding it could take months to process.

I'll be stunned if anything remotely good is at the end of this rabbit hole.

• Upvote 5

Well, things are still rocking and rolling along but no sighting of Chad, Lori, JJ or Tylee. 

Here's a juicy morsel about the afternoon of Charles Vallow's shooting death (murder) at the hands of Alex Cox (Lori's brother).  I think the shooting happened around 8:30 or 9 am.  Lori, JJ, Taylee and Alex were all at the house in AZ and Charles came by to pick up JJ for school and (supposedly) there was a fight and Alex intervened to save Lori from Charles (or something), culminating in Charles being shot twice in the chest.  This is from an article in Boise, ID Post Register

New texts show last known contact from Tylee Ryan's phone    Teen's friend isn't sure it was Tylee who responded to her message

Said friend was unsure if the text was actually from Tylee.  The much more interesting item in that article was this quote of a facebook post by Lori's property manager at the Arizona house: 

In a Facebook post Sunday, Vallow’s former property manager in Arizona, Joe Pongratz, said he asked Vallow to leave following the death of her husband, Charles Vallow, on July 11 at the property she rented. Pongratz was disturbed by several details surrounding Charles Vallow’s death. Charles was shot to death by Vallow’s brother, Alex Cox. Pongratz wrote that, on the same day Charles died, Vallow texted him, “we are ok, Ill explain later,” when he texted her wondering why police were at the house. Pongratz also wrote that she threw a pool party later that afternoon.

“That day the neighbors reported a pool party at the house, the same day Charles was murdered, with loud music and lots of people swimming. Neighbors also reported Alex was staying at the house for several days following the shooting even though he lived in the same area. I spoke with Lori several times days following the shooting and she never sounded shocked, sad or heartbroken, as you would think a bride would be watching her husband die,” Pongratz wrote in his post.

Also, noted in that article and elsewhere, is that Lori considers herself a Translated Being, which is an LDS thing.   From the Mormon translation WIKI for Translated Being  

In the theology of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church), translation refers to being physically changed by God from a mortal human being to an immortal human being...Those who are translated beings are said to be "changed so that they do not experience pain or death until their resurrection to immortality." Both translated and resurrected beings are eternally young and fit, not subject to illness or injury and spend their existences as ministering angels doing things that require physical bodies to perform; for example, where a disembodied spirit can record events as a witness and offer comfort or advice, a physical body is required to perform ordinances such as laying on of hands

Again, from the Post Register article linked at the beginning: 

Court documents obtained by Fox 10 Phoenix and published Saturday detail Vallow’s belief that she “is a translated being who cannot taste death sent by God to lead the 144,000 into the Millennium.”

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

No new developments.  WebSleuths has gone to 6 threads at 50+ pages each, but there's a lot of speculation now, tiny new details but zero new developments.  Tylee and Ryan are still missing, and Chad and Lori are still in the wind.  FBI are involved.  No results on Tammy Daybell's autopsy.   The five Daybell kids (all adults) are all mum, although they originally supported their father. 

• Thank You 4

The only update is no update.  Kids missing, Chad and Lori in the wind.  Some speculation on WebSleuths (which is now on it's 8th thread, with over 50 pages of posts in each thread) that at least some of the 5 adult Daybell kids may be on board with Chad's End Times beliefs, visions, prophesies.  Zero comments from the kids themselves. 

If you do venture over to WebSleuths, each new thread has the very long and complete timeline of the entire shiteroo posted.  

ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #8

• Thank You 5

WebSleuths has lots of crazy/wild speculation about this and that, but someone did turn up something fascinating and possibly ominous. 

Lori Vallow (now Daybell) and her late husband Charles Vallow adopted JJ, a special needs 7-year-old child who is biologially related to Charles.  JJ, one of the two missing children, is on the autism spectrum and had a service dog.  

A Sleuther found that Lori Vallow (née Ryan) placed an on-line ad in the Chandler, AZ paper to sell JJ's service dog a month after Charles was murdered.

Golden Doodle, Fully Trained Service Dog
$ 2,500
Reference Number  RF748730
Golden Doodle, Fully Trained Service Dog
Breed  Golden Doodle
Gender    Male
Description: Bailey has such a sweet spirit- he has brought so much love to his home, but his owner recently died  and he needs a new home. He is fully trained with certification as a service dog. Up to date on vaccinations. Has been trained with children in the home, non-smoking home. Bailey is sweet and friendly around other dogs. Looking for new owners who will appreciate and love him the way he has been loved! Spent $7,000 on service training, he is a full bred golden doodle, has experience on airplanes, has experience with people with autism.
Posted
Aug 09, 2019

To sell your special needs child's service dog is pretty damn cold.  Earlier in the year (January 2019), Lori had drained the joint business account with Charles of $35,000 and subsequently cleaned out the house (literally) they shared while Charles was away on business.  A fairly lurid and very detailed account of the entire shiteroo can be found in this  small-town (population of about 1,000 souls) newspaper: The Challis, Idaho Post Register Messenger. 

Lori Vallow Daybell's divorce trail was messy

Besides the service dog, JJ took medications and as far as anyone knows, those medication prescriptions have not been refilled since the kids went missing this past fall.  

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 1
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

On 1/22/2020 at 9:10 AM, justwatching said:

WS moves too fast for me to keep up.

I just skim to see if there are any significant updates.  Lots of speculation but nothing has changed with the major players. 

• Love 1

WebSleuths thread #8 is now up to 75 (!) pages and as I was skimming the last few pages of posts, I came across an item that noted that Lori Vallow Daybell's parents and other family were (are) tax protesters and one relative went to prison over these "tax protest" activities.    Someone also found a Cease and Desist order for a Cox family relative practicing law without a license.  This just screams Sovereign Citizen to me. 

If indeed Lori was raised in this type of hate-the-government environment, still has those connections, she, Chad and (hopefully) JJ and Tylee could easily be hidden by her fellow Sovereign Citizens.  The thought of Sovereign Citizen crap melded with Mormon-flavored End Times prophecies and visions is just too nuts to contemplate. 

The UK's DailyMail.com is cover it with this article: 
EXCLUSIVE: Mother of two missing Idaho kids had explosive fight in the middle of the street with her killer brother before his mysterious death, 'screaming and accusing him of bringing disgrace on their family'

(Warning:  The Daily Mail website is extremely and obnoxiously ad intense)

The article claims that "about a year ago"  Lori had a screaming fight with her brother Alex Cox, in the middle of the street in the neighborhood where they shared a house. It was sufficiently intense that neighbors who witnessed it considered calling the police.  Apparently Lori left  and never went back to live in that particular house.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic