IGNORED

No good ending here: Idaho mom dead, other kids missing

Howl

Just now, Howl said:

Every time I see the police use a backhoe to dig something (or someone) up, I cringe.  So much information can be lost.  It can be done with so much more precision using archaeological excavation techniques. 

I know. A good backhoe operator can definitely strip off sterile or fill deposits, taking things down to the surface(s) of forensic interest. The actual investigation and recovery of evidence should be done by hand & by trained experts.

• Upvote 6

7 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

I know. A good backhoe operator can definitely strip off sterile or fill deposits, taking things down to the surface(s) of forensic interest. The actual investigation and recovery of evidence should be done by hand & by trained experts.

Absolutely, but if this is JJ or Tylee, they would only have been buried since last fall.  Even with a snowy winter and spring growth, disturbance should be apparent, and hand work from the beginning will get the most refined result.  They cannot afford any mistakes. 

However, if the FBI is there, hopefully all will be done with precision. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

11 hours ago, Howl said:

Police are in the process of serving a search warrant at Chad's current home.  I'm sure the police have been closely monitoring all of his communications to see what pops up. 

June 9, 7:45 am: Police serving search warrant at Chad Daybell’s home

(not sure if the home is the one he originally shared with Tammy or if it's a different residence)

It's the home he shared with Tammy.

Presser being held by authorities this evening.

Chad Daybell has been booked into Madison County Idaho Jail on felony concealing evidence.

Bond hearing tomorrow @ 11am Mountain time for Chad Daybell.

Interesting that Lori is being held in Madison County Jail; Chad in Fremont County Jail. Likely due to Chad's residence being cited in Salem, ID & Lori's (now former residence) in Rexburg, ID.

Glad there's already a thread about this. I was going to start one but this brings back a lotta memories. Been following closely hoping for a good outcome and knowing one wouldn't be forthcoming. 

I sure hope the authorities get to the bottom of this & throw the fuckin book at Lori, Chad and anyone else involved. 

If there are kids near you, please love on them a little extra tonight... Hold em a little tighter. Hug em a little longer. 

Rest in power, JJ & Tylee. 

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, Howl said:

However, if the FBI is there, hopefully all will be done with precision. 

This photo looks as though they've parked the backhoes and are working by hand:

Daybell excavation.jpg

• Upvote 11

Rumors: Remains from 2 individuals?  Hoping for more clarification soon.  

ETA: Apparently this is speculation from Court TV, who is basing this on the two (or more) pop up shelters deployed.  There is nothing official and won't be for some time.  

Chad's hearing is today at 11 am MST; probably will be live streamed by East Idaho News on youtube. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7

Heartbreaking. ?I realize that we have no confirmation that that either of the remains belong to JJ or Tylee but my heart aches with the possibility. I, like many, don't believe it is likely that either is alive at this point. 

And current charges for Chad Daybell

Edited by nvmbr02
  • Upvote 6
  • Sad 3

Official press release from the Rexburg police department

Chad's hearing is in about an hour.

• Thank You 10

Bail for Chad Daybell set to $1,000,000 US. JJ's grandmother tweets that one set of remains has been identified as JJ.

Corrected:

Bail for Chad Daybell set to $1,000,000 US. JJ's grandmother informs reporter who tweets that one set of remains has been identified as JJ.

Edited by FiveAcres
Factual correction
  • Sad 15
  • Thank You 1

rip JJ, at least now we know what happened to you. 

maybe the other remains belong to Tylee. This result was pretty much expected but it's sad. 

as for lochad 

Spoiler

swim in urine 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

The prosecutor said both sets of remains were children.

I knew they wouldn't be found alive, but still this just sickens me. May God rest their souls.

And does Idaho have the death penalty?  

• Sad 8
  • I Agree 4

This is horrifying. I am so sorry for the children's families who have been hoping against hope for a different outcome.

26 minutes ago, Florita said:

And does Idaho have the death penalty?  

Yes, and so do nearby states such as MT, OR, WY, UT & NV. 

As the case against these two develops, one wonders if Chad & Lori will stick together or start blaming each other. 

• Upvote 11

I watched the hearing. The prosecutions reasoning for setting the bail so high have me in tears

Spoiler

The remains were of children and that the manner of concealment for one of the remains was particularly egregious

• Sad 14

4 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

As the case against these two develops, one wonders if Chad & Lori will stick together or start blaming each other. 

My guess is that because they believe Jesus is coming to vindicate them next month that they'll keep their mouths shut...until August rolls around. Then we'll see some finger-pointing.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

“The concealment of one of the bodies is particularly egregious and should Mr. Daybell bail out, he has strong incentive to flee." 

They know that the $1 million bail is the only thing that will keep Chad around.  Also knowing that the kids were murdered and buried on this property while Tammy was still alive...too painful to think about.  I wonder if Tammy's autopsy results will be released now. Perhaps embalming means they will never be able to determine cause of death. 

If Chad and Lori have one functioning brain cell left between the two of them, they will plead out and take life without parole in lieu of the death penalty. 

Melanie Pawlowski? As my best friend says, More will be revealed.  

ETA: I wonder what tipped police/FBI to the property.  Up until now, there was an assumption that Alex was the executioner, so nothing pointed to Chad. 

On the other hand, I do believe the same person that shot at and almost killed Brandon Beaudreaux  made an attempt to murder Tammy -- if y'all recall, she thought it was a paint gun prank.  But Brandon for a moment thought the weapon used in his murder attempt was a paint gun.  

So maybe a conspiracy with both Alex and Chad and Lori?

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

The remains were of children and that the manner of concealment for one of the remains was particularly egregious

From the photos it looks like one of the places they were exhuming was a fire pit.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, Howl said:

Melanie Pawlowski? As my best friend says, More will be revealed. 

I think Melanie is involved in some way - maybe not in the actual causing of death, but in knowing that the two were deceased and lying to protect Lori and Chad.  If her idiot husband has any sense (assuming he is innocent), he'd better head for the hills and leave no forwarding address.  

If Chad and Lori start pointing fingers (very likely), Melanie is gonna get caught in the crossfire. 

And what about Lori's mom, who claimed in a tv interview that she spoke with JJ in recent months.  Lying liar!

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, nvmbr02 said:

I saw someone on reddit noticed that the dates listed on the charges line up with the last known sightings of each kid, and that the one that lines up with JJ says "conceal" but the one that lines up with Tylee says "destroy, alter, and / or conceal"

What did these monsters do to these children?

• Sad 8
  • WTF 1

I do hope we will someday be able to fill in more of the missing pieces in this story. At this point I am hopeful we will see justice for JJ and Tylee but I wonder how many other criminal acts have been woven into this twisted tale. So of these events have taken place in an area that we have moved to recently. It just feels like so many more people are involved. 

• Upvote 9

4 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

What did these monsters do to these children?

Guessing here -- they murdered them and then tried to destroy one or both sets of remains in some manner so as to make it difficult or impossible to ID them.

• Upvote 6

I hope the kids suffered as little as possible. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

And a month or two after, Chad and Lori head out for that Hawaiian wedding on the beach.  Not surprising that they got the hell out of Dodge when CPS showed up to check on the kids. 

So grateful that the Woodcock's were worried about JJ; otherwise, no one would have realized that the kids were missing.  Charles and Joe Ryan are dead and Lori could have held off Colby by lying about JJ's whereabouts for a very long time. 

I did read that a neighbor alerted police that Chad was burning something...and that's what led them to search the property.  Have to wait for confirmation on that. 

• Upvote 9

1 minute ago, Howl said:

So grateful that the Woodcock's were worried about JJ; otherwise, no one would have realized that the kids were missing. 

Yes, if it weren't for them, it might have been years if ever that any of this came to light. 

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Yes, if it weren't for them, it might have been years if ever that any of this came to light.

Yes, years, if ever.   

I wonder if prisoners can communicate with each other?  It would be delicious if Chad and Lori was very close to each other in jail, but could not see or talk to each other. 

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic