IGNORED

No good ending here: Idaho mom dead, other kids missing

Howl

Another thought on trying Chad and Lori together.  Perhaps the evidence against Lori isn't quite as specific -- she has a little distance because possibly she can't be directly placed where the bodies were buried at Chad's home -- but trying her with Chad would strengthen the case against her by association.  Or perhaps there's some damning evidence against Lori that doesn't directly implicate Chad. But between the two of them, it's a slam dunk. 

I'm guessing/hoping there's going to be a plea deal -- life in prison in lieu of the death penalty. 

• Upvote 5

On 9/6/2020 at 6:51 AM, Howl said:

I'm guessing/hoping there's going to be a plea deal -- life in prison in lieu of the death penalty. 

For now, Lori is charged with two felony counts of conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence. Chad is charged with two counts of concealment of evidence and two counts of conspiracy to conceal evidence.  I think the maximum penalty for these charges is 10 years (I'm not exactly sure, but it's relatively minor considering the severity of all their crimes.)

But I saw a news article that said that police in Arizona are putting together a case and plan on charging Lori with conspiracy to commit murder in relation to the shooting death of Charles Vallow.  I'm guessing if they do file such a charge, she would first be tried in Idaho for the lesser felony counts, presumably convicted, and then face trial on the conspiracy to commit murder in Arizona.  Either way, Lori's in a world of legal mess.  Further, what about the cost of an attorney?  She's got to be running low on money by now.  And Chad needs to hang on to whatever money he has left for his own legal defense.

I would really like to see those two turn on each other. 

1 hour ago, Bobology said:

When do we expect public results from Tammy Daybell's autopsy?

I'm wondering the same thing - it sure seems to be taking an extra long time.  Maybe they can't find any obvious means of death (like arsenic) and are doing further tests?  What if Chad smothered her in her sleep?  Could that be detected in an autopsy?  So many questions, and no answers!

• Upvote 5

On 9/8/2020 at 12:19 PM, EmmieJ said:

I'm wondering the same thing - it sure seems to be taking an extra long time.  Maybe they can't find any obvious means of death (like arsenic) and are doing further tests?  What if Chad smothered her in her sleep?  Could that be detected in an autopsy?  So many questions, and no answers!

It was my impression that Chad and Tammy were not alone in the house on the night that she died. Wasn't there an adult child living there? I need to track down that detail. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Howl said:

It was my impression that Chad and Tammy were not alone in the house on the night that she died. Wasn't there an adult child living there? I need to track down that detail. 

Hmmm, I know in at least one of Chad's explanations of Tammy's death he talks about his son --- but I can't remember the details.  For some reason, I have it in my head that his story is that Tammy had a cough, they went to bed, and when he woke up, he found her dead and cold.  Then there is something about either him calling his son, or his son arriving at some point, or as you mention, perhaps the son was still living with them at the time.  I believe that after Chad and Lori took off for Hawaii, a son remained living in the house and continued living there up until shortly after the children's bodies were discovered.

• Thank You 4

Apparently, the best argument Chad's attorney can come up with opposing having a joint trial with Lori is "overwhelming" media coverage .  Too bad that's not a legal reason against a joinder.

• I Agree 3

Lori + Lori's attorney are cool with having a joint trial. 

Interesting speculation in the comments section of East Idaho News: 

...Lori and her Attorney now know that Prior [Chad's attorney] and Chad want it to NOT be joined because he could throw her under the bus and has been advised would be part of his defense.

• Upvote 4

I'm wondering if Chad's defense is going to be a combination of 1. I was under Lori's thrall, 2. I know nothing about the two children buried on my property, 3. Alex Cox did it, 4. Lori has a trail of dead husbands.  

Good luck with that, asshole.  

However, he most definitely has a better attorney than Lori does.  I bet Lori's attorney is hoping to ride the coattails of Chad's attorney.

• Upvote 9

Chad's fate hinges in part on the results (if any) of Tammy's autopsy.  No doubt in my mind that she was murdered.  I hope there is justice for her.  At least she wasn't cremated.  Joe Ryan, Charles Vallow and Alex were all cremated, weren't they?

Agree that Chad has a competent attorney and Lori's attorney is a doofus with zero experience as a criminal attorney.

I don't think a date has yet been set for the hearing that determines if  LorCh are tried jointly or separately. 

• Upvote 9

Lori's attorney is also requesting a change of venue.  Excellent Scott Reisch on why Lori and Chad haven't been charged with murder.  Hang in until the end for a discussion of the situation with the North Dakota Attorney General who killed a pedestrian and claimed he thought it was a deer.   

• Thank You 3

Yes, the DA has to have evidence to prove his or her case.  Unless Chad turns on Lori and says, "she and Alex planned and committed these murders" and here are texts between them discussing where, when, and how, (or Lori does something like that implicating Chad), where is the necessary proof?  Alex's death was very convenient.

Maybe the best we can hope for is Tammy's autopsy reveals foul play and Chad gets charged for her death; and Lori gets charged somehow for Charles Vallow's murder.

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, EmmieJ said:

Maybe the best we can hope for is Tammy's autopsy reveals foul play and Chad gets charged for her death; and Lori gets charged somehow for Charles Vallow's murder.

And how awful and crazy is that?  So many lives destroyed by these two psychopaths. 

I keep going back to the original death -- Alex and Lori's 31-year-old sister, Stacey Lynn Cox Cope, who died suddenly of undetermined causes in 1998. It's my understanding that she was diabetic.  

It's been widely reported that Alex was in the house when she died and used her credit card to order pizza after she was already dead.  

My personal conspiracy theory:  would it be possible that an insulin overdose (resulting in a heart attack) was used to kill Stacey Lynn Cox Cope, Joseph Ryan, Tammy and maybe Alex himself?  But if this were so, wouldn't this same method have been used to kill Tylee and JJ? 

On the other hand,  Joseph Ryan (59) and Alex (51)  both showed  advanced heart disease on autopsy.

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 5
  • Sad 1

According to a commercial I saw on CBS, 48 Hours Friday night, tomorrow, is supposed to be about this case. I was wrong last time I announced a program (it was from an old broadcast I had on DVR) but I believe/hope this one is correct. The info for the program is their regular blurb about investigative stories.

• Thank You 1

I may be full of dookie. The 48 Hours program is listed as Saturday night, but still with no specific info as to content.

Next Thursday, Oct 8, Oxygen will broadcast Injustice with Nancy Grace and it will be about this case. If I'm wrong about that, too, you guys may need to put me on 'ignore.' ?

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

Both programs were interesting although a rehash of everything I've read here or that's been linked here. The 48 Hours gave two new-to-me snippets of info but they were so insignificant that I immediately forgot them and can't report them here. Injustice put the whole thing together pretty well but blurred info here and there, such as referring to JJ AND Tylee as being grandkids of the Woodcocks... minor things like that.  Some of those got straightened at later in the program. 

What's with the host, Nancy Grace? She seems determined to hate perpetrators and also seems like quite a bitter and angry person. Did she lose a child or close relative in a crime/murder? I had heard her name in the past but had never seen her on a show.

7 hours ago, Bobology said:

Did she lose a child or close relative in a crime/murder? I

I believe she lost her fiancé to murder.

• Thank You 2

On 10/10/2020 at 6:29 AM, Bobology said:

What's with the host, Nancy Grace? She seems determined to hate perpetrators and also seems like quite a bitter and angry person. Did she lose a child or close relative in a crime/murder? I had heard her name in the past but had never seen her on a show.

I can't watch Nancy Grace (she just bugs the heck out of me), so thanks for the recap.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

@EmmieJ, now that I've seen Nancy Grace, I completely understand how you would be unable to watch her. I've seen this one program so I can watch a few more before I'll likely can her from my future viewing lists.

• Upvote 2

I can’t stand her.  When she’s on a 20/20 episode, I have to mute her.

• Upvote 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic