IGNORED

No good ending here: Idaho mom dead, other kids missing

Howl

18 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

“She’s lost her marbles,” Vallow told a 911 dispatcher in January 2019."

So how will that statement be used in her bid for incompetency? Can Idaho use AZ "evidence."

At Charles' request, Lori was placed under a mental evaluation hold at a facility, underwent a mental evaluation during the hold, and was judged to be 100% uncrazy. So, possibly it could work against her?

There is footage of the immediate aftermath of Charles' murder -- she is as cool as a cucumber, laughing and chatting, as the police are talking to her. 

I suspect Lori is falling apart because she's in jail and knows she'll never get out.  Did she wake up from the dream and realize that she's not, after all,  a chosen spiritual being with special powers and her prophet lover is just a regular schlubby guy with weird ideas and they've killed all of those good people...and no big natural event has transpired to shake down the walls of the jail to free them?

AND, she's at that age where at some point she has, is going through or will go through menopause. If you've been there and had a rough time, Lori will have zero access to anything that provides physical or psychological relief. No kale smoothies, no natural hormone replacement therapy, no little lavender stuffed pillows, no getting together with friends over coffee to commiserate, no botox, peels or laser treatments, no trip to the salon for a mani/pedi, sunstreaks and styling for her hair, or a trip to Hawaii to lift her spirits. 

And LORCH (LORi + CHad) are flat broke. Down to seeds and stems.  Nothing in the bank. 

Oh, and another murder charge (Charles) on the horizon. Gosh, my goodness, who wouldn't be verklempt? 

• Upvote 3

Oh that makes sense. I don't think I ever heard that she was found 100% not crazy. Thank you for that info. 

• Upvote 1

I just watched this interview with Zac Cox, Lori's nephew. He and his father Adam, Lori's brother, seem to be the only members of Lori's family to see through her deception. From this interview I gather he was living with Charles and Lori some time before Charles was killed. 

Spoiler

It sounds like he's lucky Lori and Alex didn't kill him too.

Edited by TuringMachine
  • Thank You 3

I've seen Melanie Gibbs' interview with Nate (can't remember his last name) of East Idaho News.  Her description of going with Lori to the psych evaluation is vague at best.  She waited in the car.  Supposedly, Lori told her it went fine.  But since neither are reliable when it comes to facts, I'm a bit skeptical.

• Upvote 2

So I've been reading Lori Hellis's newsletters on the case. She is a retired lawyer who's been following this case and posting a lot on reddit. According to her once Chad enters his not guilty plea the prosecution has 60 days to decide if they intend to seek the death penalty. If they do Prior would no longer be able to be Chad's lead council because I guess you need special qualifications for that. It's also likely we'll see the Lori and Chad's cases separated since Lori's is gonna be held up with all the competency stuff. 

You can find her newsletters here

• Thank You 5

Prosecutor ends objection to Lori Vallow's mental evaluation | ktvb.com

Prosecutor will not challenge Lori's competency. Another hearing will be held June 16th. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

Chad pled not guilty today and Lori was shipped off to a mental hospital for treatment.

I'm wondering if she's having what used to be termed a nervous breakdown. 

At some point during the last year or so she must have realized that she and Chad won't be getting out of jail, ever,  She's been implicated in numerous murders and that her life behind bars is it. 

No more hanging with Chad on the beach in Hawaii.  Just jail clothes and jail food forever unless she gets a death sentence and then it's jail clothes, jail food on death row and then execution.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

Chad Daybell pleads not guilty in death of JJ Vallow, Tylee Ryan | Lori Vallow Case | azfamily.com

Here's an article from AZ. @Howlbeat me to it. 

"A woman charged with conspiring with her new husband to kill her two children has been committed to a mental health facility for treatment, and her husband has pleaded not guilty to the crimes."

So is Lori sitting in the hospital waiting and watching what will happen with Chad. My guess is she won't be "better" until Chad is tried, convicted and sentenced, then she will take a plea. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

I could see how Lori would have a mental breakdown.  If she really started believing she was annointed by God to lead the chosen few after some catastrophic event, and got away with coordinating Charles Vallow's murder, possibly also Joseph Ryan's murder, and at the least, a willing accessory to the murder of her children.  That would only be confirmation of her "exalted " status.  Yet here she sits, in jail, facing a possible life sentence.  Perhaps she also sees her youth and attractiveness fading, which would no doubt be difficult for a person who always used both to get what she wanted.  

I don't feel sorry for her.  She created the horrible situation she is in.  I also think a psychiatric ward isn't a very pleasant place to be.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

I’ve been watching this case and reading (since the children were missing), and it made the front page of Australian news today. 

F1B0B1F2-0582-4346-8479-79AF33F03E3A.png

• Thank You 6

No sympathy from me for either Chad or Lori, whatever the outcome of her MH evaluation. They both deserve to be imprisoned for the rest of their lives. They are monsters.

I am curious about their relationship in terms of who instigated this spree of family murders and how much information on this issue, if any, will emerge during their trials. As I said previously, in one of the podcasts, a former friend described them as Chad being the hand inside the glove that is Lori. 

• Upvote 6

I dunno who instigated all this mess. But I would not be one bit surprised if they turned on each other., What's the saying? The first one to talk gets the best deal. But Lori can't talk because she is "sick".

• Upvote 5

39 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

I dunno who instigated all this mess. But I would not be one bit surprised if they turned on each other., What's the saying? The first one to talk gets the best deal. But Lori can't talk because she is "sick".

I'd guess Chad is the first to talk as well. His trial is happening first, so he has more of an opportunity to accept a deal to testify against Lori.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

Lifetime TV already has a movie about Lori.

Doomsday Mom: The Lori Vallow Story on Lifetime - See Cast, Premiere Date and Video - TV Movie Vaults

Made-for-TV movie based on Daybell story set to air this summer | KSL.com

Made for TV movie based on Daybell story set to air this summer - East Idaho News

Starts June 26th

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 2

I just saw an article in The Guardian about Princess Amalia (heir to the throne of the Netherlands) and was struck my how much she reminded me of Tylee Ryan (RIP). I think a good part of it is because they have a similar facial expression. Amalia is about a year younger than Tylee would be now, so similar in age to Tylee's last pics.

1831144234_Screenshot_PrincessAmalia.jpg.e26220c41ff09a14b19993f5242f05db.jpg

368158104_Screenshot_TyleeRyan.jpg.04b307b88e89fa6ebdb25693d8b16535.jpg

• Sad 2

Catch-22 (FiveAcres) style: Anyone who feigns being crazy to avoid prison is actually pretty crazy.

(With all due respect to those who have actually been involuntarily committed to behavioral facilities. I have never been there myself, but I have visited someone who was.  If you are pretending to be crazy, you will regret it.)

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Lori was indicted today for conspiracy to commit murder in the death of Charles Vallow in Maricopa County, AZ. 

Lori Vallow indicted in Maricopa County in death of former husband | Lori Vallow Case | azfamily.com

• Thank You 9

44 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

Lori was indicted today for conspiracy to commit murder in the death of Charles Vallow in Maricopa County, AZ. 

Lori Vallow indicted in Maricopa County in death of former husband | Lori Vallow Case | azfamily.com

I thought she had been declared mentally unfit for trial?

Can a person be declared mentally unfit to stand trial for one murder but competent to stand trial for another murder?

• Upvote 2

That was my immediate thought also. But she is being "restored" to make her suitable for trial in Idaho. Maybe after that she will be tried in AZ? I really don't know. Off to google my time away. 

Also, I may have posted this before but AZ has a Podcast called True Crime Arizona that is covering the whole mess, but the podcaster (?) said today that the next episode will focus on Charles Vallow. As you can clearly tell, I know nothing about Podcasts. If you are interested I suspect you can figure it out, because this is all I got....lol.

• Upvote 7

Found this. I guess we wait and see what happens. I figure since she is already in Idaho, they will get the first crack at her, then AZ will take their shot.

"Vallow being declared incompetent for trial in Idaho will have no effect on any potential hearings in other states, so she may be deemed competent in Arizona where she’s charged with first-degree murder in the death of her former husband, Charles Vallow.  Skordas says federal prosecutors may decide to files their own charges against Vallow, and they wouldn’t have to abide by the Idaho decision, either."

Lori Vallow found unfit to stand trial in Idaho (kslnewsradio.com)

• Thank You 7

I don't know what evidence AZ has, but if they show the footage of Lori casually talking with police in the street after Charles' murder, and laughing occasionally, she'll be convicted...

• Upvote 5

I can't find a direct link to the statement yet, but the (poorly redacted) probable cause statement for the conspiracy to murder Charles Vallow has been released. The conspiracy is alleged to have taken place between Lori Vallow and her brother Alex Cox.   This news article gives some details:

https://www.12news.com/article/news/crime/chandler-police-release-evidence-used-to-charge-lori-vallow-daybell-in-the-death-of-fourth-husband-charles/75-821cea73-f7cd-41ea-b36e-a9d3e1966280

There are apparently text messages.

• Thank You 7

The East Idaho News site has a synopsis of the Chandler AZ police investigation into Charles Vallow's murder.  At the end, there is a link to those police documents.  If I am Zulema (Alex Cox's widow) or Melanie Beaudreaux, I'd lawyer up.  And if I was Melanie's B's current husband, I'd be getting the hell out of that marriage. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic