IGNORED

Mrs. Midwest 2: Full of WTF

nelliebelle1197

5 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I'd say AI but I don't think they'd want to go out with him either - the intelligence part would get in the way...

Yeah - all he wants is the artificial part.

• Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

Man that introspection will do you in.

Socrates knew this when he wrote "The unexamined life is just dandy - be mindless!"

And, of course, "don't bother knowing thyself - it makes you boring to guys" is inscribed on the Temple at Delphi.

Yung, of course, said "Your visions will become clear only when you ignore your own heart. Who looks outside is really cute; who looks inside is a bore and men won't like her.”

And then there's Elizabeth Gilbert, who wrote, in her well-known book Eat, Giggle, Flirt: "Your treasure--your perfection--is some guy. But to claim him, you must stay in the busy commotion, focus  on the desires of his ego and avoid the silence of the heart.”

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7
  • Love 8

8 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

And, of course, "don't bother knowing thyself - it makes you boring to guys" is inscribed on the Temple at Delphi

Just like Descartes said, "don't think too hard; you might pass out."

• Haha 11

11 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Worse: it will give you wrinkles.

• Haha 12

The teens years are full of introspection. It’s completely normal. Like tantrums are completely normal during the toddler and preschool ages. Teens need to focus on themselves in order to figure out who they are and what they want in life. Sure teens are self centered. But they eventually figure out who they are and become more confident in that. Some take longer than others. Some seem to never get there. However I hate how fundies treat normal teen behavior. Instead of focusing on themselves in order to figure out who they are, they are forced to focus on god. Their religion becomes the focus instead of themselves. And I think it stunts them. Therefore they don’t actually focus on figuring out who they are until much later in life. When they are married and have a few kids. What if they figure out they aren’t actually that compatible with their spouse? Or that they don’t want a bunch of kids? Guilting teens into focusing on everything but themselves and then pushing them to marry and have kids young is a terrible idea. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The teens years are full of introspection. It’s completely normal. Like tantrums are completely normal during the toddler and preschool ages. Teens need to focus on themselves in order to figure out who they are and what they want in life. Sure teens are self centered. But they eventually figure out who they are and become more confident in that. Some take longer than others. Some seem to never get there. However I hate how fundies treat normal teen behavior. Instead of focusing on themselves in order to figure out who they are, they are forced to focus on god. Their religion becomes the focus instead of themselves. And I think it stunts them. Therefore they don’t actually focus on figuring out who they are until much later in life. When they are married and have a few kids. What if they figure out they aren’t actually that compatible with their spouse? Or that they don’t want a bunch of kids? Guilting teens into focusing on everything but themselves and then pushing them to marry and have kids young is a terrible idea. 

I've noticed that fundies tend to discount the traditional teen experience and brag about how their teens didn't go through the typical teenage behavior of other people their age. They're quite proud of it; unfortunately, they're just delaying developmental milestones in their children. Part of being a teenager is figuring out who you are distinctly from your parents, which is discouraged in this system. I'm not saying that misbehavior necessarily has to be part of being a teenager, but "rebellious" and introspective behavior is part of finding out who you are as an adult. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

???????? FUCK YOU and your asinine “parenting” teachings! 

You’ve figured out the trick that cults know: downtime is dangerous because it allows people to figure out why their guts are telling them to run!

I’m so sorry Lori’s allowed to be so active in her grandkids lives. She’s a ball of toxicity wrapped up in a Jesus box. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 2

22 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I knew I missed an obvious one! And I used to tell that Descartes joke all the time! Thanks.

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

???????? FUCK YOU and your asinine “parenting” teachings! 

You’ve figured out the trick that cults know: downtime is dangerous because it allows people to figure out why their guts are telling them to run!

I’m so sorry Lori’s allowed to be so active in her grandkids lives. She’s a ball of toxicity wrapped up in a Jesus box. 

In the words of Ben Wyatt: that's a powerful metaphor.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

I’ll take parenting advice from Lori Hellexander precisely half an hour after I’ll ask Jill Rodrigues for a makeover.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

16 hours ago, AuntCloud said:

I’ll take parenting advice from Lori Hellexander precisely half an hour after I’ll ask Jill Rodrigues for a makeover.

and right after you ask Nicole to cook you some food on the homestead. 

• Haha 10

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Thanks, Lori. 

EB0F7CCA-53F6-41A8-930E-3796385173FB.png

Yogidabs is trolling, surely?

Spoiler

iu.jpeg.7e3e54f87c5042a9cff02539b3c6d482.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Let's put them together in the death match ring and find out what really happens.

Lori wouldn't have to lift an eyelid to suck the soul of Yogioabs out his penishole.

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

57959FB1-0CDA-4442-B13E-129F71DBDC00.png

42C79720-7AC3-40E8-8873-A3C257EAD9BA.png

What an amazing life she leads...

She is so fucking boring. No one would ever follow her if face looked like a foot. 

• I Agree 6

Back in the beginning of the year when I discovered Caitlin's channel I became interested as she seemed nice and goodhearted, I noticed she had a blog so I went there and saw there was a post about Mother's day and I related to it a lot as I am estranged from my mother (she no longer talks to me because of her controlling husband). I felt isolated so I sent Caitlin an email (I found it on her blog) and I told her my situation which she responded to, I will post here with my email and name marked out.

Then as we know she came out with the video about how wonderful her mother was and I became so confused, one moment her mother was the working mother who hardly had time for Caitlin and who believed her husband is the devil?, next moment she was this amazing present mother who has an unbreakable connection to Caitlin. 

Caitlin if you read here we just want you to be honest, I used to like you a lot before you started trying to put on a performance for the redpill and mgtow crowd

20200102_085300.jpg

Edited by mymelody
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 1

On 12/29/2019 at 3:59 PM, CreatedToBeACritic said:

Blegh

Screenshot_20191229-165659_Instagram.jpg

The thing with all this 'life advice' stuff is that there are often pearls of wisdom embedded in all the nonsense. Sometimes, focussing outside of yourself can lead to a much-needed shift in perspective get you out of a rut!

But. 

They always take it to extremes and have a very black and white view. A combination of introspection and outward focus is what we need. They're at risk of losing the value of introspection in favour of serving others, which is not a great balance, either!

(To be charitable: it is sometimes hard to get into the nuances on social media)

Edited by seraaa
  • Upvote 4

I just can't with her. Girl, please. Why does she see herself as an expert on basically everything?? She married at what, 23?

• I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Timetraveler said:

I just can't with her. Girl, please. Why does she see herself as an expert on basically everything?? She married at what, 23?

I got to (and I'm paraphrasing cause my brain did in fact stop) "Your woman sensors might be broken because of your brain is broken"

I'm sorry my what because of my what?

• WTF 2
  • Haha 2

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked and locked this topic