IGNORED

Mrs. Midwest 2: Full of WTF

nelliebelle1197

3 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I think God is Grey is probably a lovely person. I'm glad she blogs. However, I definitely prefer the less nicey nice vibe of Mr. Atheist. Plus that whole "protection" thing comes with lots if strings attached. 

I admit, I think her nice, empathetic and understand vibe likely gets through to more fundies than people like Mr Atheist. I’m too snarky to be like GiG. I’m more like Mr Atheist. But I imagine snarky quips likely get the Fundies to dig their heels in further. Which sucks because he makes a lot of great points. 

• I Agree 6

I honestly really hope that she's just absolutely, insanely naive and overly sheltered, not understanding the batshit racist undertones of some of the accounts she follows. Like, it's 100% fine to be nostalgic of the past, and romanticize the types of romance you read in books. But you have to recognize that there's parts of the past that are problematic and that we, as a society, have learned from. If she's naive, she might just see the cute flowers and dresses and think no one could be a bad person. Or if she might think she can still follow someone without being influenced by the opinions she doesn't agree with- maybe even that? I want to give her the benefit of the doubt since she's still young. 

But nah. While that's what I wish was happening, it's obvious she believes and agrees with this shit. She follows too many of these accounts not to. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

48 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Ah, yes. That icon of femininity...Katniss from Hunger Games?

BAFE3EC6-A5C8-4233-B327-D1C5C50E4135.jpeg

Wow she’s dumb. It’s like she purposely lets everything go right over her head. 

• I Agree 6

If by “femininity” you mean Katniss, then yes, I will come over to your side. Sadly I take your comment to mean you never bothered reading The Hunger Games because “gentle” and “submissive” are not in Katniss’ vocabulary or actions. Just sayin’.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

To say that Katniss has embraced 'balanced traditionalism' (and seriously, WTF is that??? Could she also please explain what unbalanced traditionalism is to me? Asking for a friend.) based purely on a single scene is ridiculous.

Caitlin's certainly never read the books either. The final lines from "Mockingjay" are under the spoiler.

Spoiler

“But one day I’ll have to explain about my nightmares. Why they came. Why they won’t ever really go away.
I’ll tell them how I survive it. I’ll tell them that on bad mornings, it feels impossible to take pleasure in anything because I’m afraid it could be taken away. That’s when I make a list in my head of every act of goodness I’ve seen someone do. It’s like a game. Repetitive. Even a little tedious after more than twenty years.
But there are much worse games to play.

Excerpt From: Suzanne Collins. “Mockingjay.”  

This sounds like a woman who's walked through fire and come out scarred on the other side, not someone who's happily settled down to SAHM-hood. Caitlin's ability to wilfully see only what she wants to see is not surprising. 

Edited by Katzchen24
Asking for a friend.....
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

“As far as I can tell, they never get up before noon unless there's some sort of national emergency, like my leg hair.”   https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/324094-as-far-as-i-can-tell-they-never-get-up 

Plus on top of that there is also this quote , from " Catching Fire" , by Katniss Everdeen .   If this is the modern ideal of traditional feminity  , that Mrs. Midwest subscribes to , then I really think that she's become quite the " shield maiden "  https://ghionjournal.com/examining-the-shield-maidens-a-look-at-the-women-of-the-alt-right/  

From a guy who called himself Godly and tried to tell devout, educated Christian women to stfu:

547CEDB1-460D-428F-B8FB-221F88269391.jpeg

• Angry 3
  • Disgust 10
  • WTF 4

7 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

From a guy who called himself Godly and tried to tell devout, educated Christian women to stfu:

547CEDB1-460D-428F-B8FB-221F88269391.jpeg

Thankfully none of his fans will actually do this. But toxic masculinity is real. And this guy embodies it perfectly. 

• I Agree 5

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Thankfully none of his fans will actually do this. But toxic masculinity is real. And this guy embodies it perfectly. 

The contradiction between his psuedo-Christian persona and this...whatever this is...is staggering. How on earth can his girlfriend not see through this? For Pete's sake, this "advice" came from a man tweeting about how God loves you on February 26, slamming the Episcopal Church for its stance on LGBTQ+ folks on February 21, and calling out Hillsong for having women teach men on February 16. Does he even realize how many traditional, conservative Christian sins he's describing in that tweet? :?

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, ViolaSebastian said:

The contradiction between his psuedo-Christian persona and this...whatever this is...is staggering. How on earth can his girlfriend not see through this? For Pete's sake, this "advice" came from a man tweeting about how God loves you on February 26, slamming the Episcopal Church for its stance on LGBTQ+ folks on February 21, and calling out Hillsong for having women teach men on February 16. Does he even realize how many traditional, conservative Christian sins he's describing in that tweet? :?

It’s almost like PP. he hates on so many different groups and is so mean and nasty, that he can’t have that many true fans. 

• I Agree 3

In other news, Yogi is discontinuing his "rate my followers" videos because girlfriend said nah. 

• Haha 5

Caitlin is sick. She posted several stories about her dog being supportive. Oh, and btw, Husblergh is being supportive, too! See how supportive he looks??87B83F50-76A0-4F74-84FC-B3B6FB1BEE4C.thumb.png.71bfda063a0035b67fbe656e785654aa.png

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Caitlin is sick. She posted several stories about her dog being supportive. Oh, and btw, Husblergh is being supportive, too! See how supportive he looks??87B83F50-76A0-4F74-84FC-B3B6FB1BEE4C.thumb.png.71bfda063a0035b67fbe656e785654aa.png

I can’t help but feel sorry for her. Her husband sucks and she has no parental support. So how is she supposed to leave her husband in this kind of situation. 

• Upvote 5

27 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I can’t help but feel sorry for her. Her husband sucks and she has no parental support. So how is she supposed to leave her husband in this kind of situation. 

I mean, the first step would be getting an outside job. She hasn't been out of the workforce that long. She's also making money off of her Youtube and she should start socking part of that away to fund a move. She's college educated and has work experience. She's in a loads better position than many of the fundies we talk about. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

4 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I mean, the first step would be getting an outside job. She hasn't been out of the workforce that long. She's also making money off of her Youtube and she should start socking part of that away to fund a move. She's college educated and has work experience. She's in a loads better position than many of the fundies we talk about. 

True. I think I’m feeling sorry for her today because she reminds me of someone I know. 

• I Agree 2

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

True. I think I’m feeling sorry for her today because she reminds me of someone I know. 

I think the real challenge for her will be the mental aspects. I say will because I truly believe this marriage isn't going to last. He's clearly got her spun up to an alarming degree. I just hope she has friends who'll step in. I also imagine that perhaps she'll let her mother back into her life after she admits Mom was right. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, ViolaSebastian said:

I think the real challenge for her will be the mental aspects. I say will because I truly believe this marriage isn't going to last. He's clearly got her spun up to an alarming degree. I just hope she has friends who'll step in. I also imagine that perhaps she'll let her mother back into her life after she admits Mom was right. 

That’s why she reminds me of someone I know. The person I know is confident and educated. But she is susceptible to gaslighting and other types of mind fucks controlling douchebags are prone to using. I think people are often surprised when beautiful and educated women are so controlled by their significant others. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love 3

I've run into men (it's always men...) who resent when their stay-at-home wife is sick because they deep down feel that she has the easier end of things and resent that she needs help from her husband when she's sick. "Every day is a sick day when you don't have a job!" I really hope this isn't the case with Husblergh.

• Sad 8

Spoiler

*nuts—I clumsy-fingered an unnecessary spoiler box again*

I just can’t with all the trad males who want stay-at-home Barbie wives but resent them for their “easy” lives and for not making a financial contribution to the household. 
I will bet you my next Social Security check that Caitlyn’s mom saw clear through this douchebag and is anxiously waiting for her to wake TF up.

This is the danger of women trading exclusively on their looks: this is the market that finds them the most valuable. I’ve mentioned this before: Of the people of my acquaintance, most of the husbands who cheat have had the most traditionally attractive wives. All my schlubby little female friends and relatives have husbands who treat them like queens or, at the very least, would never stray.

• Upvote 11

Just now, kaluce said:

My very first thought was that she’s pregnant. That subtle stomach holding in a previous story lol

Every time she gets sick I think that. ? Gotta catch up to Nikki so she can get trad points.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Every time she gets sick I think that. ? Gotta catch up to Nikki so she can get trad points.

I’m just like, if she was actuallly I’ll, wouldn’t she want to be in bed? Posting “I feel ill” with a couple of flattering selfies is only gonna prompt her fans to start getting hyped at the possibility of BaByBeAr

• Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

1 minute ago, kaluce said:

I’m just like, if she was actuallly I’ll, wouldn’t she want to be in bed? Posting “I feel ill” with a couple of flattering selfies is only gonna prompt her fans to start getting hyped at the possibility of BaByBeAr

I've thought they were actively trying since she recorded that day-in-the-life video that included her "spontaneous" trip to the lake shore where she said that she needed to do things like that before she becomes a mother. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2

I would hazard a guess that I'm about 10% active on social media. This bitch drives me so completely insane with her bullshit that I almost want to start my own The Real Mrs. Midwest thingamabob. Ya know, because Caitlin, this is not how the world works!

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked and locked this topic