IGNORED

M is for Mama 5: Praying for Lunch

Coconut Flan

Braggie wants you to know she got a new giant green velvet couch to replace the giant blue velvet couch.  Because....fuck if I know.  I cannot fathom changing out that huge of a piece of furniture just to change the color.  

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 4

1 hour ago, danvillebelle said:

Braggie wants you to know she got a new giant green velvet couch to replace the giant blue velvet couch.  Because....fuck if I know.  I cannot fathom changing out that huge of a piece of furniture just to change the color.  

Notice she didn’t actually say how much she spent on that Black Friday couch? She justifies all her purchases because she buys them on clearance or second hand and sells all her old furniture. But you know what? If you actually went through all her finances of what she spends each year on furniture and decor, it’s likely to be much more than she realizes. And because she has such an obsession with decorating, her husband has to be gone one work trips all the time. Which means her kids get much less one on one time with their dad and she gets to complain about his being gone. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 9

Wow, Today’s IG is just cringe worthy. Her kids are all so helpful and kind to one another. The oldest ones step up to provide infant care, including diaper changes without being asked. So she is basically patting herself on the back for “training” her kids to basically do the jobs that SHE should be doing. Again, she needs to stop having kids for her other kids (and mother) to parent. She is awful.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Braggie just broke her arm patting herself on the back:

"It means starting when they are young and modeling putting others' needs before our own..."

Nope.  I think Braggie is just so slow to put others' needs before her own that the children learn to take up the slack.  I helped raise younger siblings and had a narcissist mother.  You learn pretty quickly to step in when a baby is uncomfortable and/or crying.  Compassion usually doesn't have to be taught.  Alas, Braggie's mother must not have attempted to teach it to her or was unable to teach her, at any rate.

That raises big old alarm bells to me when a child prefers to go to an older sibling before the mother.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 6

"Modeling putting others' needs before our own" - wait, Braggie thinks she does this?  In what parallel universe?  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 5

To me Ezra so readily changing his bothers diaper makes me think he knows Braggie won't do it, or at least not right away. Maybe after rearranging some decor first.

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 6
  • I Agree 2

"It means starting when they are young and modeling putting others' needs before our own, showing them ways to be helpful when they can't think of any on their own, and then wildly applauding them when they do start discovering their own ways to "be a blessing" (our family motto)."

What she actually means is that there is virtually no other way to gain mama's praise unless you're willing to do the jobs she doesn't want to do. It's not hard to imagine that Abbie would separate her kids into good and bad based on their willingness to "be a blessing". And even if the kids are willing to change wet diapers and parent their siblings doesn't mean that they should.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

I wish that she’d stop trying to be relatable by talking about her Trich. If she wanted to pinpoint an obvious struggle, she should address the fact that she continues to get pregnant and have kids when she very clearly loathes pregnancy and has little interest in solo mothering.

• Upvote 8

4 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I wish that she’d stop trying to be relatable by talking about her Trich. If she wanted to pinpoint an obvious struggle, she should address the fact that she continues to get pregnant and have kids when she very clearly loathes pregnancy and has little interest in solo mothering.

Plus she refuses therapy. She’s going to try amino acids. No. Sorry but that ain’t gonna do a thing. Go to see a therapist! You don’t have to take prescription meds. Just see a good therapist who has experience with trich.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, SuperNova said:

"be a blessing" (our family motto)."

this is laughable, because in what way is Braggie a blessing?  being a curator of overpriced crap doesn't count.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1

When she wrote that post she probably thought "Everyone is going to be so amazed at my mothering skills", but I for one I'm horrified at how she robs her older kids of a childhood and at how her kids don't want to come to her for comfort. That is really telling.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 7

"be a blessing to Mama" (our family motto)."

FTFY, Braggie!

For the record, I would be mortified if one of my children went to another child instead of me...it would mean I have failed as a parent.  Shiloh, at the tender age of what, not even 1?, has learned that his brother will tend to him before his mother will, and Ezra will resent her for it.  If he doesn't already.  

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
can't keep track of Braggie's kids
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

Another day, another bullshit Abbie post. The pic is of Ezra and Simon all gussied up for a dance. Abbie turns a fun topic into a loooong winded lecture on raising godly young men. At least I think that's what it was about, the message is kinda muddy. But she ends it with:

"If teaching your boys to become men who respect and honor women is your goal, Mamas, keep instilling Scripture into those young men of yours. Only the unchanging truth of God's word can cut through the cultural noise and show them how to treat their female "neighbors" with the same kind of care as their Creator.
P.S. How cute are Ezra and Simon in their ties?? ?"

An honorable mention for the boys and a dig at parents who don't think like Abbie. You don't need god to raise good respectful humans.

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 8

1 hour ago, SuperNova said:

Another day, another bullshit Abbie post. The pic is of Ezra and Simon all gussied up for a dance. Abbie turns a fun topic into a loooong winded lecture on raising godly young men. At least I think that's what it was about, the message is kinda muddy. But she ends it with:

"If teaching your boys to become men who respect and honor women is your goal, Mamas, keep instilling Scripture into those young men of yours. Only the unchanging truth of God's word can cut through the cultural noise and show them how to treat their female "neighbors" with the same kind of care as their Creator.
P.S. How cute are Ezra and Simon in their ties?? ?"

An honorable mention for the boys and a dig at parents who don't think like Abbie. You don't need god to raise good respectful humans.

I am happily raising two boys without the Bible. Sorry but there are some messages in the Bible that are quite disrespectful of women. So nah. I’m good. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

9 hours ago, SuperNova said:

An honorable mention for the boys  

I mean, she barely mentions them! Why would how to treat women be so very confusing for them? It's a teen dance,  the only thing they have to 'discern' is to treat everyone with respect. 

The boys are adorable, but I think Ezra would look so much cuter with a bit longer hair. <<< me being shallow 

• Upvote 2

On 2/24/2020 at 7:37 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Notice she didn’t actually say how much she spent on that Black Friday couch? She justifies all her purchases because she buys them on clearance or second hand and sells all her old furniture. But you know what? If you actually went through all her finances of what she spends each year on furniture and decor, it’s likely to be much more than she realizes. And because she has such an obsession with decorating, her husband has to be gone one work trips all the time. Which means her kids get much less one on one time with their dad and she gets to complain about his being gone. 

Honestly, I think he goes on work trips to get away from Braggie.  

It’s sad because he’s leaving responsibility up to the older brothers by checking out. He works at home full-time too. 

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

19 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I am happily raising two boys without the Bible. Sorry but there are some messages in the Bible that are quite disrespectful of women. So nah. I’m good. 

I raised my daughter as an athiest. Of course I'm biased but I think she's the kindest and most compassionate person I know. She was also taught to be respectful and to expect the same from others, a useful trait when you have a staff of nothing but men in a male dominated business and you're 5' nothing. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, luv2laugh said:

Honestly, I think he goes on work trips to get away from Braggie.  

It’s sad because he’s leaving responsibility up to the older brothers by checking out. He works at home full-time too. 

I think it’s a couple of things.  I think he’s overwhelmed by the number of kids they have yet he’s unwilling to deal with the fallout of telling her ‘no’.  I agree that he does get sick of dealing with her day to day as well, so he’s fine going on trips.  He uses work as a retreat and she gets to spend the extra income he makes. Win-win for everyone /s.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

13 hours ago, katilac said:

Why would how to treat women be so very confusing for them?

When I look at all the Christian bloggers, influencers, pastors, teachers, and writers, I can understand why it’s confusing for Christians. I honestly don’t know how some of these fundies can be ok with Michelle Duggar and others always being “joyfully available” to their husbands and dismissing the idea of spousal rape (like Lori). I do think there are a lot of conflicting ideas on how to treat women. And it probably is hard for some fundie women to take. But I doubt they are able to voice their reservations. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

I was raised in a church-going family, and my kids and I attend church.  That being said, religion should not be used as a bragging right--that's exactly what the bible preaches against.  For Braggie, religion is as much of her super-special hang-up as her house, kids, and shopping sprees.  It's all about appearances, numbers, and the facade.  Religion is a pretty cover to throw over her crock of lies.  That's it.

You live your faith, not brag about it. And you can be a great person without faith.  It's all about treating people the way you want to be treated.  

The more one brags, the more people suspect discontentment and lies underneath.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

I suspect -- given how checked out Shaun is, how he doesn't seem all that excited by 8 children, and he certainly isn't interested in raising them given the work trips and off-loading dad duties to the 2 eldest boys -- I really do suspect Shaun may get (or have gotten) a vasectomy.

I have a fundie friend from high school who secretly did it after baby #7.  He did it when he figured out his wife wasn't having birth control failures for #s 5-7 (as she said), but not using any bc At. All.

• Upvote 7

5 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I suspect -- given how checked out Shaun is, how he doesn't seem all that excited by 8 children, and he certainly isn't interested in raising them given the work trips and off-loading dad duties to the 2 eldest boys -- I really do suspect Shaun may get (or have gotten) a vasectomy.

I have a fundie friend from high school who secretly did it after baby #7.  He did it when he figured out his wife wasn't having birth control failures for #s 5-7 (as she said), but not using any bc At. All.

I think Braggie would figure it out pretty quickly. Her kids are all around two years apart and if she didn’t get pregnant at her usual time, I think she would know something is up. 

• Upvote 5

Also, some states require spousal approval before getting a vasectomy.  Mr Rex got snipped in GA and I had to consent.  I couldn’t say yes fast enough ?.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 2

Poor Abbie. Poor poor Abbie.  She drank Dr Pepper icees while complaining about "ballooning" hips and her hangriness. She surfed the internet too much when she was pregnant. She had to get up early and be a parent and  exercise and cook.

She really lives up to the Braggie name. Honestly, how can she have her head so far up her own ass? Does literally everything in her life have to become a martyrdom? 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic