IGNORED

M is for Mama 5: Praying for Lunch

Coconut Flan

and filtered photos of the eleventy pillows on her velvet couch with nary a child in sight.

• Upvote 6

Per Abbie's Instagram....she went to Walmart (ok if you need groceries, I get it) and bought succulents (are those essential???) and is seeing a chiropractor who is still seeing who knows how many people. Great social distancing. A+ effort. :pb_rollseyes:

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 1

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet it’s like her blog. Lots of Jesus, motherhood, homeschooling, with some decorating thrown in.

In other words, a vapid narcissistic look into her life that is already on full display. Except this time in print. She's already insufferable. This book will put her over the edge. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, therulesofjinx said:

Per Abbie's Instagram....she went to Walmart (ok if you need groceries, I get it) and bought succulents (are those essential???) and is seeing a chiropractor who is still seeing who knows how many people. Great social distancing. A+ effort. :pb_rollseyes:

Going to a chiropractor at all is :pb_rollseyes: but during a global pandemic is :my_angry:

• Upvote 4

Well, thanks for the new rabbit hole, peeps! I just discovered Abbie when she was mentioned in another thread and I spent half of yesterday reading her threads and eventually going to her Instagram.

I had read all your comments on it but I genuinely couldn't believe how perfect and shiny and curated her Instagram feed is. It's WAY too much; completely unrelatable for most people. Ok, she tries to do the occasional 'parenting fail' post but she misses by a mile because it's always accompanied by a perfect picture and some moralising on how her life is perfect, really. 

I'm kind of in shock about it really, because I think it shows a really high level of delusion about where normal people live their lives. To genuinely empathise with anyone else you need a level of humility and an understanding that we're all struggling but also trying our hardest. I know this is far from being an original observation but SHE'S SO FUCKING SMUG!!!!!!!!!!

Phew! Feel better with that off my chest, cheers guys! ???

• Upvote 17
  • Love 1

Her insufferable level is about to go up 1000% with the book.

BEC moment - the book contract signing photos...WTF is that hairstyle supposed to be and she's wearing the top that looks like it's made of cheap old fishnet stockings.  No matter what she's wearing or what the topic of the photo is she always looks like a Disney evil stepmother to me.  She NEVER looks genuine...it's all for show (hence the filtering to oblivion).

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, danvillebelle said:

Her insufferable level is about to go up 1000% with the book.

BEC moment - the book contract signing photos...WTF is that hairstyle supposed to be and she's wearing the top that looks like it's made of cheap old fishnet stockings.  No matter what she's wearing or what the topic of the photo is she always looks like a Disney evil stepmother to me.  She NEVER looks genuine...it's all for show (hence the filtering to oblivion).

I get what you are seeing. She looks like the evil stepmother from Cinderella in this shot:

6C870EAC-74E3-4EB3-BB67-39A84DFFB287.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 2

YES!  She has a large forehead and her brows are exaggerated, so when she pulls her hair back it's just....not flattering.

I think she looks the best in that old pic on her blog, with a bob cut just above the shoulders and bangs.  She has a long face and a sharp chin...the looooong hair around it just accentuates it.

I went and got a pic and I shouldn't have.  I can't stop laughing.  It looks like one of her selfies. 

cinderella stepmom.jpg

Edited by danvillebelle
more
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 6

So apparently - Shiloh (the ONE YEAR OLD BABY) is unsupervised to the point that he dunked rolls of toilet paper in the toilet.

TODDLERS CAN, DO AND HAVE DROWNED IN TOILETS, YOU DUMB TWIT.  AAAAAGGGGHHHHH. 

desk throw.jpg

• Upvote 9
  • Angry 4

32 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

So apparently - Shiloh (the ONE YEAR OLD BABY) is unsupervised to the point that he dunked rolls of toilet paper in the toilet.

TODDLERS CAN, DO AND HAVE DROWNED IN TOILETS, YOU DUMB TWIT.  AAAAAGGGGHHHHH. 

desk throw.jpg

Last year Honor flooded one of the bathrooms because he was playing in the sink unsupervised. She relies on the brother dads and sister moms way too much. They are children and are easily distracted. That’s why you can’t constantly rely on them to parent your toddlers. 

• Upvote 13
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Last year Honor flooded one of the bathrooms because he was playing in the sink unsupervised. She relies on the brother dads and sister moms way too much. They are children and are easily distracted. That’s why you can’t constantly rely on them to parent your toddlers. 

For some reason, out of all the ways Abbie neglects her kids, this incident makes me the saddest. I think Honor just wanted attention of any kind and he got it. IIRC, he did it more than once. And now we have Shiloh doing something similar with two parents present. This isn't funny or relatable, it's a parenting failure.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 9

20 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

For some reason, out of all the ways Abbie neglects her kids, this incident makes me the saddest. I think Honor just wanted attention of any kind and he got it. IIRC, he did it more than once. And now we have Shiloh doing something similar with two parents present. This isn't funny or relatable, it's a parenting failure.

I just can’t imagine keeping your eye on all your little ones when you are quiverful. It’s almost impossible. I think stuff like this happens all the time in big fundie families. It’s sad because sometimes the kids get hurt. What makes it worse is the fact that Braggie refuses to baby proof. Likely because it’s not “pretty.” I’ve always thought about what I would do if I had a giant family. And I’m positive I would baby proof the hell out of my home. And of course on top of that I would try to keep my eye on my little ones. I would always keep the bathroom doors shut so my 1 year old couldn’t get into the bathroom all the time. I would also keep the toilet paper put away so he couldn’t put it in the toilet. Honestly if Braggie can be obsessive about rugs, plants, Anthro, and giant couches, she can find some time to worry about keeping the bathroom door shut so her youngest two won’t play unsupervised in water. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 14

Didn't she also have one of twins bath Shiloh and he was able to turn the cold water on? Luckily he didn't turn it to hot.

• Upvote 8

29 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Didn't she also have one of twins bath Shiloh and he was able to turn the cold water on? Luckily he didn't turn it to hot.

Yes, I saw the video. It was her 9 year old girl. Not the twins. Her 9 year old isn’t very big so bathing him seemed like too much to ask in my opinion. It turned out to be true because he turned the cold water on and the water hit him. He cried instantly.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 5

Braggie and Shaun are such neglectful parents... Did you all see this post?

So let me get this straight... Shaun was in his office doing computer stuff with the two oldest boys, while Abbie was doing a "marathon" of workout classes. Shiloh was sleeping, so that leaves five children aged 9 to 2 who were being left completely to their own devices. What could possibly go wrong?

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 1

39 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Braggie and Shaun are such neglectful parents... Did you all see this post?

So let me get this straight... Shaun was in his office doing computer stuff with the two oldest boys, while Abbie was doing a "marathon" of workout classes. Shiloh was sleeping, so that leaves five children aged 9 to 2 who were being left completely to their own devices. What could possibly go wrong?

Ages 3 to 9 with the 9 year old in charge. Ezra and Simon must be slightly relieved that Della can now parent. 

• Upvote 3

Surely at those ages and with a 2 year old involved, playing with kinetic sand means making a huge mess (which in that house means the 9 year old either getting in big trouble or desperately freaking out and neurotically cleaning it up and interfering with the sandy play).

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

Braggie’s book will sell well because the vast majority of people don’t look that closely into an authors life beyond what they present. The kids are cute, healthy and stylishly dressed. The house is like something from a magazine. A good editor will clean up the average writing, and good photography makes up for a lot. People don’t generally read books all at once or that deeply (well, unless it’s a pandemic) and so even if she drops really big hints as to what their actual life looks like, few will add it up. Fewer still will bother to do research and look beyond the happy Christian front and figure out what a monster she is.

Also I dislike the ‘hard is not the same as bad’ thing she keeps repeating SO MUCH, because I feel that it denies people the ability to say that hard actually IS the same as bad. The pandemic is just hard, not bad, for many, but for those who are struggling to breathe in hospitals, to those who have lost their livelihoods or their loved ones or their own lives, hard is very, very, very bad indeed. Social distancing is probably not that hard at all for Braggie, she has her husband and her older kids and I bet they are still seeing her parents, too. As usual, she should shut up, and as usual, I shouldn’t waste my time reading her.

(But I can’t stop. Her house is so.....not my style but still so pretty......argh.)

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, imokit said:

Surely at those ages and with a 2 year old involved, playing with kinetic sand means making a huge mess (which in that house means the 9 year old either getting in big trouble or desperately freaking out and neurotically cleaning it up and interfering with the sandy play).

I'm not a cleaning freak but I only allow kinetic sand outdoors, because it's a mess and turn floors very slippery.

I just don't understand someone with a magazine-cover house letting kids play with dirty toys. Poor Cinder-Della.

• Upvote 3

Her book is going to be about that stupid kindness challenge or whatever it was she did last year. I don’t think her book will sell well. This bitch is not relatable like Candace Cameron Bure is to Christian women.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

I'm not a cleaning freak but I only allow kinetic sand outdoors, because it's a mess and turn floors very slippery.

I just don't understand someone with a magazine-cover house letting kids play with dirty toys. Poor Cinder-Della.

I bought me niece and nephew moon sand before I had kids. My sister said that when I had kids, there would be payback. A few years ago my boys got a fart gun for Christmas from my sister. 

Well played, sister. Well played.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 28

5 hours ago, anachronistic said:

But I can’t stop. Her house is so.....not my style but still so pretty......argh

The house is like Abbie herself. Its fine as long as you don't look too closely. The layout is a firetrap maze of rooms. There's useless dead space that never sees the light of Instagram. The beautiful claw footed tub doesn't actually have plumbing. The children's rooms were barely finished last summer and took Abbie days to clean before finally giving them actual beds to sleep on. Before that, they slept on mattresses on the floor. Abbie bedroom was completely finished of course. Even the front porch is funky with the support posts ending in planter boxes.

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

On 4/8/2020 at 11:50 AM, TuringMachine said:

Going to a chiropractor at all is :pb_rollseyes: but during a global pandemic is :my_angry:

I have to gently disagree with the first half of this statement because I've seen chiropractors for specific back problems and it can really help. I wholeheartedly agree with the second half and it makes me mad that Braggie is still seeing hers because currently my left leg goes numb when sitting or sleeping from some nerve getting pinched. I know from experience that just a couple visits to my chiro would fix that but I know what social distancing means. 

• Upvote 9

19 minutes ago, therulesofjinx said:

Aaaaaaaaaand Abbie is pregnant. Not surprised.

Of course she chooses Easter to announce. The biggest celebration of her religion has to be the day she announces her ninth instagram accessory. She can’t let Jesus take the spotlight!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic