IGNORED

M is for Mama 5: Praying for Lunch

Coconut Flan

37 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Also, some states require spousal approval before getting a vasectomy.  Mr Rex got snipped in GA and I had to consent.  I couldn’t say yes fast enough ?.

I don't actually think that it's a state or legal requirement, just something that some doctors do. 

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Poor Abbie. Poor poor Abbie.  She drank Dr Pepper icees while complaining about "ballooning" hips and her hangriness. She surfed the internet too much when she was pregnant. She had to get up early and be a parent and  exercise and cook.

She really lives up to the Braggie name. Honestly, how can she have her head so far up her own ass? Does literally everything in her life have to become a martyrdom? 

She’s saying there have been times she was too easy on herself and times when she was too hard on herself. Know what I noticed? Very little of it was in relation to her kids. If I listed things I’m too hard on myself about, it would revolve around my kids. Things like not making them meals from scratch or not giving them a bath every night. And then if I would list things I was too lax about, it would also revolve around my kids. Hers were so stupid and small. She must have such a hard time coming up with these examples because she’s just so darn perfect...

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Honestly, how can she have her head so far up her own ass? Does literally everything in her life have to become a martyrdom? 

I really wonder how she is still able to breathe with her head so far up her own ass.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

I’m not sure how anyone is getting any read on Shaun at all. You could replace him with any of the blonde bachelorette contestants and I’d be none the wiser. Has he ever written anything for public consumption ever? 

I think we only know Shaun through Abbie’s perspective. Im certainly not willing to say he isn’t 100% on board with their life. I don’t know anything about his background.

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, theotherelise said:

I think we only know Shaun through Abbie’s perspective. Im certainly not willing to say he isn’t 100% on board with their life. I don’t know anything about his background

You're right. All we know about Shaun is what Abbie shows. She has said in the past that he doesn't like his picture taken so for all we know Shaun is a constantly present, active part of his children's lives. But that's not how Abbie paints it.

We know that Abbie and the kids are wildly happy when he's around because he's not around much. We know that Abbie makes a big deal over Shaun's basic parenting like cleaning spilled juice or pushing a stroller. Abbie makes references to feeling like a single parent and often seems mentally overwhelmed. He may 100% on board with their life but honestly I hope not. That would mean that he's ok with his wife being overwhelmed and his oldest son being #thirdparent to pick up his slack. As it is, their relationship comes across as transactional. I would love to hear from Shaun himself where he actually stands in all this because from my perspective, it's a mess.

• Upvote 8

12 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

You're right. All we know about Shaun is what Abbie shows. She has said in the past that he doesn't like his picture taken so for all we know Shaun is a constantly present, active part of his children's lives. But that's not how Abbie paints it.

We know that Abbie and the kids are wildly happy when he's around because he's not around much. We know that Abbie makes a big deal over Shaun's basic parenting like cleaning spilled juice or pushing a stroller. Abbie makes references to feeling like a single parent and often seems mentally overwhelmed. He may 100% on board with their life but honestly I hope not. That would mean that he's ok with his wife being overwhelmed and his oldest son being #thirdparent to pick up his slack. As it is, their relationship comes across as transactional. I would love to hear from Shaun himself where he actually stands in all this because from my perspective, it's a mess.

I don’t think we will ever hear from Shaun. He’s in IT right? My husband is in IT and he never ever posts anything on social media. I don’t think he’s checked his FB page in a year. I’m not saying all IT guys are the same. Just that I can see Shaun having zero interest in having any sort of online presence. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t think we will ever hear from Shaun. He’s in IT right? My husband is in IT and he never ever posts anything on social media. I don’t think he’s checked his FB page in a year. I’m not saying all IT guys are the same. Just that I can see Shaun having zero interest in having any sort of online presence. 

I've heard this from other IT people. Why do you think that is?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

My husband knows how easy it is to hack the info online so he just doesn’t put it out there. If his info isn’t out there, then someone can’t hack into it. That’s his thinking anyway. I’m mostly talking personal info. Basic info is online of course.

• Upvote 6

In Braggie’s longwinded post about stepping in toddler poop, she mentions the Europe trip may be cancelled due to corona virus. I hope it is cancelled. I think it’s a terrible idea to take 8 kids through Europe when you are as self centered as Braggie. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

She went there.

She actually equated Jesus' death on the cross with her stupid hashtag.  

:pulling_hair:

• WTF 2
  • Haha 4

She is so dependent on the older kids that when they’re gone, she feels like she’s dying on a cross. If that isn’t someone who needs serious, professional help, I don’t know what is.

I’m glad that her older kids got a break from parenting, though. But they probably worried about how their mom was coping the whole time. She no doubt guilt tripped them about everything they did while she suffered at home when they got back.

I don’t know what she’s worried about with the virus, anyway, as it’s been shown to not affect kids that much, and even if she did get it, her house would function just fine because the real parent, Ezra, would take charge. And she’s not immunocompromised or elderly.

• Upvote 11

22 minutes ago, anachronistic said:

She is so dependent on the older kids that when they’re gone, she feels like she’s dying on a cross. If that isn’t someone who needs serious, professional help, I don’t know what is.

I’m glad that her older kids got a break from parenting, though. But they probably worried about how their mom was coping the whole time. She no doubt guilt tripped them about everything they did while she suffered at home when they got back.

I don’t know what she’s worried about with the virus, anyway, as it’s been shown to not affect kids that much, and even if she did get it, her house would function just fine because the real parent, Ezra, would take charge. And she’s not immunocompromised or elderly.

Maybe she’s already pregnant and afraid she will catch it while pregnant. 

• Upvote 2

On 2/28/2020 at 2:16 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Your husband is just like mine.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Maybe she’s already pregnant and afraid she will catch it while pregnant. 

Or she knows she gets pregnant pretty regularly when the youngest is a year plus a few months old. And she knows she will likely be newly pregnant on this trip. Because instead of using a fucking conform, she’s just going to cancel a huge trip to Europe. Because that’s how Braggie’s brain works. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/28/2020 at 11:21 AM, SuperNova said:

As a software engineer myself, my facebook and instagram are rarely updated and I have the highest privacy settings on them. And I would say most of my peers are the same way or are even more wary of social media. For my friends it's mostly a great distrust of Facebook / Google / etc with our personal information.

• Upvote 5

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

In Braggie’s longwinded post about stepping in toddler poop, she mentions the Europe trip may be cancelled due to corona virus. I hope it is cancelled. I think it’s a terrible idea to take 8 kids through Europe when you are as self centered as Braggie. 

The last two Abbie posts were so insufferable that I didn't even bother to comment. She must be exhausting in person. I imagine that her friends drift away after awhile.

I wasn't surprised to see that she didn't offer prayers or sympathy to people in areas that are heavily affected by covid-19. All she's worried about are her plans being interrupted. Yes Abbie, god created a fucking plague that is killing scores of people just so you can learn a lesson about trusting his timing.

• Upvote 7

Just now, SuperNova said:

The last two Abbie posts were so insufferable that I didn't even bother to comment. She must be exhausting in person. I imagine that her friends drift away after awhile.

I wasn't surprised to see that she didn't offer prayers or sympathy to people in areas that are heavily affected by covid-19. All she's worried about are her plans being interrupted. Yes Abbie, god created a fucking plague that is killing scores of people just so you can learn a lesson about trusting his timing.

You would think that someone who refuse to use birth control because she wants to leave it all up to god wouldn’t think twice about going to Europe. Shouldn’t she leave it all up to god? And if she gets corona virus when she’s over there, then that’s just god’s plan. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8

On 2/28/2020 at 11:21 AM, SuperNova said:

I'm not in IT but my experience is that the more time I have to spend on a computer at work, the less time I want to spend on it outside of work. It drives some people in my life crazy but they've learned to either call me directly or contact my husband to tell me to check social media or messages ?

• Upvote 3

Does anyone else think that the Europe trip was just a fancifull dream and something was always going to happen to interrupt St. Braggie's plans?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I swear I feel tired when I read her Insta but I can't seem to stay away, it's like driving around the block a second time for another look at a car accident. I'm not happy that I did it but I still took another look.

To me, the most important trait to instill in children is the ability to think critically, to question everything. Compassion for others and altruism would be close seconds. The idea that our lives can be split into right/wrong good/bad is just bad parenting. Abbie is doing her kids a major injustice by instilling a black and white mentality. The whole post comes across as "my kids are better than yours". Not nice, Abbie. You're making your Jesus sad.

Screenshot_2020-03-04-13-19-27.thumb.png.68cc32d48a090ac771e4d7229ef5fc40.png

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 3

Rolled my eyes so hard at Abbie's International Women's Day post. She hopes that the future is not female, but rather male and female living together in harmony as God intended. Can't she just post about how she appreciates the girls she is raising? No. Even if she tried, I'm sure it would mostly be about their servant's heart or helpful attitudes or how they are "little mamas" to their siblings, not their individual likes, talents, and strengths.

• Upvote 5

37 minutes ago, therulesofjinx said:

Rolled my eyes so hard at Abbie's International Women's Day post. She hopes that the future is not female, but rather male and female living together in harmony as God intended. Can't she just post about how she appreciates the girls she is raising? No. Even if she tried, I'm sure it would mostly be about their servant's heart or helpful attitudes or how they are "little mamas" to their siblings, not their individual likes, talents, and strengths.

So obviously Braggie is not the type of fundie to espouse the submissive meek wife bullshit we hear from others. However, if we actually heard what Braggie thought about feminists, I bet 1 million Anthropologie rugs that she would say they think women are better than men and that’s what feminism is all about. Which is completely wrong of course. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

In Braggie's latest whiny bullshit hardisnotthesamethingasbad post, someone commented who has had a real, actually difficult life - raising a child with autism while working and dealing with health problems of her own.  I won't hold my breath for Braggie to reply because I think she's incapable of understanding.

Her head is so far up her privileged ass that she really, truly thinks having a messy laundry room (in her giant, over-decorated barn) and not being able to find a detergent she likes are issues God cares about and expects her to do better at.  

• Upvote 8

13 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

In Braggie's latest whiny bullshit hardisnotthesamethingasbad post, someone commented who has had a real, actually difficult life - raising a child with autism while working and dealing with health problems of her own.  I won't hold my breath for Braggie to reply because I think she's incapable of understanding.

Her head is so far up her privileged ass that she really, truly thinks having a messy laundry room (in her giant, over-decorated barn) and not being able to find a detergent she likes are issues God cares about and expects her to do better at.  

On tough days, like having too much dirty laundry and having to deal with potty training, she thinks of all those families like the one described and feels better about herself. Instead of helping and encouraging those families in some tangible way, she likely just uses them to feel better about herself. 

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic