IGNORED

M is for Mama 5: Praying for Lunch

Coconut Flan

Single parenting?! 

Fuck off with that garbage. 

You have no idea what it takes to be a single parent. You have NEVER been a single parent Braggie. You weren’t raised by a single parent Braggie. You probably aren’t even close friends with a single parent BRAGGIE. 

She really set me off tonight with her ignorant over privileged pity party. 

8A028E49-E7D9-4C55-A8B3-9003B77B370A.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

I hope that she doesn’t leave 8 kids alone, some 30+ miles away from civilization when Shaun is gone and she needs to teach her early morning  class. That is a lot of responsibility for a young teen. Do they even have a neighbor near by? This is when I’d be asking my folks to help, not every Thursday night for a “date.” 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

13 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I hope that she doesn’t leave 8 kids alone, some 30+ miles away from civilization when Shaun is gone and she needs to teach her early morning  class. That is a lot of responsibility for a young teen. Do they even have a neighbor near by? This is when I’d be asking my folks to help, not every Thursday night for a “date.” 

I think her gym may have a daycare. Yet another privilege most moms don’t have. 

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think her gym may have a daycare. Yet another privilege most moms don’t have. 

Doesn’t she teach a 0530 or 0600 class? I seriously doubt she is schlepping kids to the gym daycare at that hour. Maybe just the baby? 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Doesn’t she teach a 0530 or 0600 class? I seriously doubt she is schlepping kids to the gym daycare at that hour. Maybe just the baby? 

True. She may be hoping they all stay asleep while she’s gone.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

True. She may be hoping they all stay asleep while she’s gone.

I bet that's exactly what she's hoping. Additionally, I'm sure they're all trained to stay in bed until a certain hour and, when the older kids get up, they do their math schoolwork. The oldest two, at least, also know how to make breakfast, but I think she's usually back by then. I honestly never thought about her getting up so early to teach even when Shaun is gone- I'm sure she leaves the kids home. That's sad/scary. If it were just the two oldest, fine...but it's all the little ones, too.

Edited by therulesofjinx
clarity
  • Upvote 7

What percentage of her posts follow this pattern:

"This thing X is dreadful and I hate my life.

But. God.

I'll try and end this post on a positive note by saying I'm so grateful for all this adversity."

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

What percentage of her posts follow this pattern:

"This thing X is dreadful and I hate my life.

But. God.

I'll try and end this post on a positive note by saying I'm so grateful for all this adversity."

Yes and also: #hardisnotthesameasbad!

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1

It bugs me that she CHOOSES all the shit she complains about. 

Her husband works out of town a lot. Why? Because Braggie CHOSE to live in a big ass house with 8 million rugs and Anthro finds. He could support a less extravagant lifestyle and work less.

Braggie CHOSE  to homeschool. 

Braggie CHOSE to have 8 kids.

Braggie CHOSE to be her daughters’ piano Teacher. 

Braggie CHOSE to teach the early class at her gym. 

She has so many more choices than most women. And she constantly complains about her choices. She would complain no matter what. Because she’s a spoiled, over privileged narcissist who will never be happy with what she has. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 11

Big emphasis that her family size choice wasn’t even something she was raised to believe. She was not raised in a fertility cult.

And of course her reasoning behind it was paper thin if you look on the blog. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 3

9 hours ago, SassyPants said:

#hardisnotthesameasbad

........and the corollary

#Braggies'hard'lifeisnotthesameassanctified

• Upvote 8
  • Love 3

On 2/19/2020 at 11:45 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Even when I was a Christian, I never thought like this. I think Braggie is the fundie I said probably thinks God is with her when she poops. Because God has nothing better to do than sanctify her through her colon. #poopingissanctifying

You know I can kind of get behind that hashtag...

• Haha 3

On today's episode of, Everyone Does The Work But Abbie, we find Abbie's mother, whom she refers to as Softa(?)* reading to the children. It's nice to see the kids spending time with grandma if that's what grandma wants but I wonder how much is actual want versus feeling obligated. Either way, at least the kids are getting positive attention.

"Yes, y'all. That is genuine, bonafide sunshine streaming in through the windows on that adorable gaggle of readers. (Zoom in to see if you can spot all of them). The Lord's new mercies today include a healing (that was supposed to read, "heaping," but I think it's an apt typo) helping of Vitamin D! ??☀️☀️☀️ Also, I'm so grateful that my children get to have memories of reading with their Softa. It's the best."

*Google defines Softa as a Turkish Muslim religious student. Am I missing something?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

On today's episode of, Everyone Does The Work But Abbie, we find Abbie's mother, whom she refers to as Softa(?)* reading to the children. It's nice to see the kids spending time with grandma if that's what grandma wants but I wonder how much is actual want versus feeling obligated. Either way, at least the kids are getting positive attention.

"Yes, y'all. That is genuine, bonafide sunshine streaming in through the windows on that adorable gaggle of readers. (Zoom in to see if you can spot all of them). The Lord's new mercies today include a healing (that was supposed to read, "heaping," but I think it's an apt typo) helping of Vitamin D! ??☀️☀️☀️ Also, I'm so grateful that my children get to have memories of reading with their Softa. It's the best."

*Google defines Softa as a Turkish Muslim religious student. Am I missing something?

Sometimes kids come up with weird names for their grandparents. Likely because they can’t say grandma. I know a grandma called Boogie. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Sometimes kids come up with weird names for their grandparents. Likely because they can’t say grandma. I know a grandma called Boogie. 

Makes sense. I haven't had a little in a long time. Sometimes I forget about small stuff like that. 

• Upvote 4

Softa is the Hebrew name for Grandmother. I wonder if AH is bound to the Old Testament? I know that as a child she lived in Israel for a spell.

• Thank You 6

31 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Softa is the Hebrew name for Grandmother. I wonder if AH is bound to the Old Testament? I know that as a child she lived in Israel for a spell.

Ok I was totally fine thinking it was some weird nickname one of the kids gave her. But now that I know the origin, it’s pretentious as fuck. So right on brand for Braggie.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Softa is the Hebrew name for Grandmother.

Though I've always seen it as Savta, which is a closer transliteration to the Hebrew (סבתא). The way she spells it makes it seem like she pronounces like soft-a, which would be wrong. 

That being said I don't know anyone personally who calls their grandmother that. Everyone I know says either Bubbe (Yiddish) or, well, Grandma.

• Upvote 4

Probably BEC, but it bothers me so much that she keeps calling Shaun her "favorite human." Partly because it just sounds weird, and also your kids should at least be equally important as your spouse!

• Upvote 7

19 minutes ago, MomKB said:

Probably BEC, but it bothers me so much that she keeps calling Shaun her "favorite human." Partly because it just sounds weird, and also your kids should at least be equally important as your spouse!

I can’t have a favorite human. I must be broken. I don’t love my kids more or less than my husband. Just differently. I love them all so much but I never felt like any of them were my favorite of all. I guess my brain doesn’t think in favorites. I can never choose my one favorite movie, artist, tv show, or song. I might be able to compile a top 10, lol. 

This morning my five year old hugged me and said, “I love hugging you because you are so warm and chubby.” 

He is not my favorite right now ;) 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Haha 21
  • Love 5

Abbie doesn't know how they became a 4-H family because she still knows "practically nothing" about it, i.e., its not interesting to her so why do the kids care? Maybe she should take an active interest in her children instead of just carting them around and bitching about cow poop smells.

My second takeaway is that she feels that a toilet in the background takes away some of the vanity of her selfies. This is interesting. The picture isn't as carefully curated as her other posts so therefore it doesn't count? 

• Upvote 7

If you grow up in East Texas, the chances that you are going to do 4-H (or FFA) is pretty damn high.  It's just what a LOT of kids do here.

• Upvote 6

I wonder if she’s watching the Sanditon series on PBS. It was started but never finished by Austen. Therefore the writers had pretty free reign at making it much more risqué than your usual Austen. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic