IGNORED

M is for Mama 5: Praying for Lunch

Coconut Flan

17 minutes ago, mysweetetc said:

Also, it's "so cool" that her girls (9 and 7) can alleviate some of the older boys' workload and clean entire bathrooms and light fixtures by themselves! WTF, Abbie?

I thought my mom was strict with home chores, but at 7 years old it meant doing my bed and things like that. Clean bathrooms? Light fixures? Really? But well, she's the same woman that made a 9 year old bath a toddler, so...

• Upvote 3

Does a helpmeet have to start a new thread? What have we voted the title to be?

Also, I think it's pretty gross that puts her feet up as she reads out loud to her children while they fold the laundry. Why can't she put an audio book on while pitching in? Abbie thinks she's a princess...  

Where is Shaun? Shaun works from home. Certainly, Shaun can do some housework just like Ezra and Simon... She can't claim it's because she's a "Proverbs 31 submissive helpmeet" that only believes women should clean/cook while working Ezra and Simon to the bone.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Christians and Jewish appropriation: My one and only appropriation is a Mezzuzah that was given to me by my friend Jane. Yes, she's Jewish. She brought it back from Israel for me. I'm not Jewish. I've thought of converting, but have never really gone through with it. 

Beyond that...nope. 

• Upvote 2

@feministxtian, many years ago my Baptist aunt moved into a house that had a mezuzah on the doorframe. She left it there out of respect for the beliefs of the original owner. I always thought that was unusually thoughtful and progressive of her.

However, I have a friend (raised Catholic, now mainstream Lutheran) who was introduced to Messianic Jews (aka “Jews for Jesus”) at church and is convinced that they’re a perfectly normal mainstream thing, and not at all offensive to real Jews. I tried to explain cultural appropriation to her, and she didn’t or couldn’t get it, so I gave up.

Edited by Hane
  • Upvote 4

14 hours ago, mysweetetc said:

in today's stories about #MotivateMeMonday (gag), she lauds Ezra and Della for "helping" her empty and scrub down their enormous fridge.

It realllly bothered me that she checked off "clean light fixtures" on her Monday checklist but posted a story saying that she paid one of the twins to do it- Evy wanted some money to buy Ezra a birthday present, which could very well be true (and also sweet) but Abbie checked it off her list as if she had done it herself...

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Sorry for the double post- this isn't Abbie related, but something I find a bit odd- three people I follow through blogs/Instagram/You Tube either just gave birth or are pregnant with twins....I know twins aren't super uncommon, but it still just made me stop and say "huh, weird".

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, therulesofjinx said:

Sorry for the double post- this isn't Abbie related, but something I find a bit odd- three people I follow through blogs/Instagram/You Tube either just gave birth or are pregnant with twins....I know twins aren't super uncommon, but it still just made me stop and say "huh, weird".

There have been quite a few twins in fundieland lately too. It’s weird.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Does a helpmeet have to start a new thread? What have we voted the title to be?

JermajestyDuggar had a good suggestion here

Which I like. I was also thinking: M is for Mama 6: Twins are for Twice the Melodrama

• I Agree 1

Braggie has  been reading here. In a new instagram post, she had a kid take a pic of her folding something with a baby on her lap.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, luv2laugh said:

Braggie has  been reading here. In a new instagram post, she had a kid take a pic of her folding something with a baby on her lap.

My question:

Who the fuck took that picture?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, luv2laugh said:

Her direct responsiveness to FJ posts about her is Mind blowing. But the good thing is that maybe we’ve turned her into a better person. Sadly, we’ve more likely just helped her change her window dressier appearance, while who she truly is remains rotten to the core. It now just looks a lot nicer to the outside world due to some training from here! 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Has anyone seen Schitt’s Creek? The mother Moira, is a histrionic drama-queen that is completely detached from her kids (especially her daughter) and ALWAYS has the most pompous vocabulary... She reminds me of Braggie Abbie SO much...

I swear, they had to have based this character off Abbie.

1 hour ago, BobJonesBabe said:

Her direct responsiveness to FJ posts about her is Mind blowing. But the good thing is that maybe we’ve turned her into a better person. Sadly, we’ve more likely just helped her change her window dressier appearance, while who she truly is remains rotten to the core. It now just looks a lot nicer to the outside world due to some training from here! 

She has admitted she reads here, multiple times. She recently wrote that the critical threads about her are the worst parts of being a blogger. Please... she eats up positive AND negative attention. She gets off on people who shockingly comment on all of the kids she has.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My question:

Who the fuck took that picture?

I think the proper way to say it is, whomst the fuck took that picture? My money is on one of the twins who seem to be the new whipping girls now that Shaun is home and spending time with the boys. The text says that she's unpicking the bottom of her curtains to make them longer. Cool, but what about the unhemmed edge? Not to mention that there's no way those curtains are wide enough to cover the window. I'm guessing they're dummy panels.

@luv2laugh  omg I am currently obsessed with Schitt's creek.

This exchange reminded me of Braggie:

Johnny: We raised two kids.
David: “Raised” might be a stretch. Our nursery was in a different wing of the house.
Johnny/Moira: It was a design flaw/I’m a light sleeper.

From her house plan description:

Spoiler

337847656_ScreenShot2020-04-28at11_38_41AM.thumb.png.69ebae7678a2cae42c896b6552a6f003.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Love 2

I love Schitt’s Creek so much. And yes, Braggie is Moira! Just exchange Moira’s wigs for Braggie’s rugs. They are her babies.

• Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

12 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I love Schitt’s Creek so much. And yes, Braggie is Moira! Just exchange Moira’s wigs for Braggie’s rugs. They are her babies.

I am obsessed with Schitt’s Creek right now and can’t watch it without being reminded of Abbie whenever Moira says or reacts to something LOL. She completely personifies how Abbie discusses her experiences (without her self-praising martyrdom of being a Christian mother).

6 hours ago, therulesofjinx said:

It realllly bothered me that she checked off "clean light fixtures" on her Monday checklist but posted a story saying that she paid one of the twins to do it- Evy wanted some money to buy Ezra a birthday present, which could very well be true (and also sweet) but Abbie checked it off her list as if she had done it herself...

Great catch. She needs to be honest with her followers and edit that checklist to say “Paid Evy a few pennies from our Penny System Method (search the blog) to clean the light fixtures”.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic