IGNORED

M is for Mama 5: Praying for Lunch

Coconut Flan

7 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Me neither.  I’m sure first responder orgs would prefer he didn’t traipse through an airport and appear in person.  He works from home when he’s not traveling, no?  Also, I would question the capabilities of a company which *couldn’t* remotely deploy software. 

Shaun travels because he wants to...period, dot.

My daughter is a network administrator. She is working remotely and has the ability to remotely log in to the servers and individual PCs as she needs. She's currently pissed because her co-worker (a dog) is laying under her desk and farting 

• Haha 16

11 hours ago, feministxtian said:

She's currently pissed because her co-worker (a dog) is laying under her desk and farting 

My doggie co-worker is snoring VERY loudly from the other room and is totally slacking on helping me answer emails.

• Love 3

My husband has worked from home since 2008. They often are told to have their camera on while they work. Everyone who works from home and has a cat, has had a cat butt on camera. My husband’s coworkers don’t know if they will be looking at my husband’s face or a cat butt on any given day. I tell my husband there isn’t much of a difference ;)

• Haha 13

Gyms closed midday Monday here, along with all indoor sporting venues, gambling venues and drinking venues. Restaurants and cafes are open for takeaway only. Schools finished Monday, although some volunteer teachers are there for children of essential workers who have no alternative this week, at risk children (e.g. in unstable family situations) and similar. Most schools that means maybe 10 kids. For some reason kindergartens and daycare are still open - kindergarten is separate from school here - but a friend assures me that most parents didn't realise and kept their kids home too. We're not in shelter in place more yet, so people are still outside - I went for a run yesterday and saw people walking dogs, playing cricket (A family of 5, all very spaced out), a couple of kids kicking a footy about 6 metres to each other, and quite a few other runners. We all acknowledged each other, mostly by moving away so we could pass with over 1.5m between us. I live out in suburbia though - I think it would be harder in the CBD where the population density is higher.

I agree, I cannot see why Shaun isn't working from home. So far IT has remotely accessed my computer three times this week to help with software issues, and I would have thought it was pretty standard. I honestly wonder what he is doing.

• Upvote 5

My dad used to do healthcare and military related software that had to be installed onsite. A lot of times the networks he was working on were closed systems and not connected to internet for security reasons. He also used a graphic software programming language that required on site training.

I got the impression that Shaun was home now and had even come home early? Did she say he’s going on another trip? 

Again, I would hate spending time with her, but Shaun is likely also terrible and might think she’s great. He’s just as much of a participant in their life and could make different choices. He at the very least allows the effed up brother parenting from Ezra. He could probably find another job that doesn’t take him away from his shared parenting responsibilities all the time. Abbie may constantly drag the kids and act like she dislikes motherhood, but Shaun is just absent completely.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

Braggie just posted a clip of Ezra mowing the lawn on a ride on mower with the baby in his lap. The baby had ear protection. I couldn’t help but think, why isn’t Shaun doing this? Braggie has complained about her own father working long hours and never being around. Why does she want that for her own kids? Oh that’s right. Because she has a shopping addiction. 

• Upvote 7

On 2/27/2020 at 6:19 PM, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Also, some states require spousal approval before getting a vasectomy.  Mr Rex got snipped in GA and I had to consent.  I couldn’t say yes fast enough ?.

I don't think I had to give permission but I do think I had to sign a paper saying that I realized that my husband's vasectomy could not necessarily be reversed.  (TX three decades ago.) So I suppose I had some sort of veto.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1

Braggie’s latest post is typical for her. She’s shaming women on Instagram for turning to food instead of god during this pandemic. Because she’s better than them. Obviously.

• WTF 1

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Braggie’s latest post is typical for her. She’s shaming women on Instagram for turning to food instead of god during this pandemic. Because she’s better than them. Obviously.

Abbie should mind her own damn business. So what if someone eats more ice cream or cookies or whatever. Everyone copes differently. Maybe the ice cream eaters would be equally disturbed by someone who stress pulls out their eyelashes. Glass houses Abbie dear.

• Upvote 13

19 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Abbie should mind her own damn business. So what if someone eats more ice cream or cookies or whatever. Everyone copes differently. Maybe the ice cream eaters would be equally disturbed by someone who stress pulls out their eyelashes. Glass houses Abbie dear.

Plus Braggie refuses to get any sort of help with her trich. Which she has struggled with for years. 

• Upvote 3

If we cannot drag ourselves out of bed every morning bc our routines have been significantly disrupted, how can we encourage them to rise to the challenge when their pants are “crumbly,” and it’s the end of the world?

Bolding by me: what the heckity-heck does that mean? Is it a reference to an earlier post? 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1

8 minutes ago, katilac said:

If we cannot drag ourselves out of bed every morning bc our routines have been significantly disrupted, how can we encourage them to rise to the challenge when their pants are “crumbly,” and it’s the end of the world?

Bolding by me: what the heckity-heck does that mean? Is it a reference to an earlier post? 

I’m sure one of her kids complained about his pants. I don’t remember a specific post but it sounds like something my 5 year old would say. 

• Upvote 3

Well, Braggie dear, some of us stress eat and smoke to deal with anxiety.

Some of us pull our hair out and compulsively shop.

Three of my babies are out working every day in a town where there are still FAR too many people blithely going about their business and not staying home except for essentials.  I am terrified one of them is going to get the virus.  So I will keep eating all the pizza and corn dogs I want and relishing my few cigarettes a day, TYVM.  (PS - go fuck yourself with that holier-than-thou bullshit).

• I Agree 2
  • Love 11

Christ on a Cracker, her last two posts should be in some kind of guide for how to humble brag.

"I know this picture makes my life look idyllic and perfect, but it's really not, I assure you....{insert GOD blah blah BIBLE blah blah text here}.

The dog did make an appearance, so at least they didn't get rid of her when she didn't get pregnant.

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

Christ on a Cracker, her last two posts should be in some kind of guide for how to humble brag.

"I know this picture makes my life look idyllic and perfect, but it's really not, I assure you....{insert GOD blah blah BIBLE blah blah text here}.

The dog did make an appearance, so at least they didn't get rid of her when she didn't get pregnant.

That’s why we call her Braggie! She is the winner of the humblebrag games. She volunteered as tribute and then humblebragged about it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

She tried to cozy up in a blanket and read with a bunch of kids running around. What did she think was going to happen? Abbie is her own worst enemy. She makes everything harder than it needs to be. I'm not surprised that Shaun is finding things to do outdoors and away from her.

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

She tried to cozy up in a blanket and read with a bunch of kids running around. What did she think was going to happen? Abbie is her own worst enemy. She makes everything harder than it needs to be. I'm not surprised that Shaun is finding things to do outdoors and away from her.

I wonder if the longest period of time he’s spent at home with Braggie and all 8 kids. I bet it is. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 4

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wonder if the longest period of time he’s spent at home with Braggie and all 8 kids. I bet it is. 

Get ready to hear a baby announcement soon. 

• Disgust 2

10 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Get ready to hear a baby announcement soon. 

You would think his spending endless amounts of time with them all would make him secretly use a condom ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

You would think his spending endless amounts of time with them all would make him secretly use a condom ?

Or sneak off for a vasectomy and call it a “business trip.”

• Upvote 11

On 4/3/2020 at 1:02 PM, danvillebelle said:

Well, Braggie dear, some of us stress eat and smoke to deal with anxiety.

I'm with you. Hang in there and stay safe!!

On 4/3/2020 at 8:21 PM, Hane said:

Or sneak off for a vasectomy and call it a “business trip.”

That would probably be his first responsible parenting decision. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Ausje said:

God help us, she's writing a book.

I swear she writes a damn book with every Instagram post. She’s so long winded that book will be at least 1,000 pages.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

I'm very, very curious to find out what this book is about...

17 minutes ago, therulesofjinx said:

I'm very, very curious to find out what this book is about...

I bet it’s like her blog. Lots of Jesus, motherhood, homeschooling, with some decorating thrown in.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic