IGNORED

M is for Mama 5: Praying for Lunch

Coconut Flan

Not all fundie pregnany announcements make me genuinely sad. Abbies pregnancy announcement made me genuinely sad. I now wish more fervently than ever for 2020 and beyond to redeem itself with no J-Rod pregnancy announcement. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

Gross. She’s another one that won’t stop until one of 2 things happens:1) she births a baby with extreme special needs or 2) she becomes barren. Such a selfish, selfish, irresponsible  person. Him too!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Gross. She’s another one that won’t stop until one of 2 things happens:1) she births a baby with extreme special needs or 2) she becomes barren. Such a selfish, selfish, irresponsible  person. Him too!

Especially now that she has Ezra, Simon, and Della to parent.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Especially now that she has Ezra, Simon, and Della to parent.

I have never understood the mentality that having kid after kid means that the sperm and egg donors love and appreciate children more than those people with fewer kids. In my logical mind, the more kids you have the less you cherish each one, and the less ability you have to foster and strengthen individual traits, as well as truly know and appreciate each child. These folks are the ultimate users. Too lazy to use birth control and also too lazy to deal with the fruit of their laziness. It actually angers me. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 10

Someone PLEASE tell me that Resurrection Rolls made of Pillbury Crescent Roll dough and MARSHMALLOWS are a thing?
Because my hand to God that sounds like someone made it up.

58 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I have never understood the mentality that having kid after kid means that the sperm and egg donors love and appreciate children more than those people with fewer kids. In my logical mind, the more kids you have the less you cherish each one, and the less ability you have to foster and strengthen individual traits, as well as truly know and appreciate each child. These folks are the ultimate users. Too lazy to use birth control and also too lazy to deal with the fruit of their laziness. It actually angers me. 

Sometimes I think I would have been a better parent to just one child. Then I wouldn’t have to split my attention or energy. I would be a shitty mom of 9. I think most people would and know that about themselves. That’s why most people don’t even get close to having 9.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

First she gives off evil stepmother vibes, and now in her pregnancy announcement she's channeling Mother Gothel.

Seems about right. 

• Haha 6

I called it! Abbie has said in the past that she gets baby fever as soon as the newest baby becomes a toddler. I guess she wasn't kidding. 

Haha. That family photo has Shaun looking like a deer in the headlights. Whoever said he should have a secret vasectomy was spot on. He doesn't look thrilled.

• Upvote 5

She looked pregnant in the book contract signing photo -- and BEC her hair looked terrible (maybe combed with a fork) and seriously dirty. Sheltering at home doesn't prevent hair washing.

I just cannot with this #9 joy from her leghumpers on her Insta.  Looking at the insta photo 2 things struck me -- Shaun doesn't look happy, not happy at all, and does he ever hold Shiloh?!!??  It's always DadBro Ezra.

Braggie getting babies rabies when the youngest becomes a toddler is exactly like a woman at my parish when I was a teen.  This woman loved, loved, loved being pregnant because of the attention it got her as a good Catholic wife and mother, although she didn't love the actual pregnant part. She adored babies, toddlers and older -- not so much, Really not at all because she turned the children over to a nanny as soon as they became toddlers,

After 4 children in 6 years  she never had another one.  Turns out she was a just a little mite too vocal to the ladies in the parish about wanting to have more babies for the attention -- so once her hubby heard about it, he got a vasectomy without telling her. Pervasive rumor was that one or more of the men in the parish clued him in on wifey's plan.

My point -- Braggie does this for the attention, to make herself appear the bestest super shiny happy Jesus-y Christian mom around. As she is oh so endlessly vocal she hates being pregnant, getting pregnant proves what a bestest super shiny happy Jesus-y Christian mom she is.  For her being pregnant is hard, but since Jesus wants her to be pregnant, it's not bad (even though she hates it).  Ummm.....maybe Braggie should check with her children in 10-15 years about that.

Like Michelle Duggar, she dumps the youngest off on a sibling to parent. Braggie doesn't parent, Braggie births babies then obsessively exercises and decorates.  Shaun shows up as donor, but otherwise he also leaves the parenting to the older children while absenting himself for work.

Braggie is on #9, she could easily have 2-4 more before she quits. She won't stop if she has a special needs child to parent -- that's what Ezra, Simon and now Della are for.

Adding  -- yes Resurrection Rolls are a thing -- made just as @bea  described.  I heard about them from a fundie co-worker

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

12 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

My point -- Braggie does this for the attention, to make herself appear the bestest super shiny happy Jesus-y Christian mom around. As she is oh so endlessly vocal she hates being pregnant, getting pregnant proves what a bestest super shiny happy Jesus-y Christian mom she is.  For her being pregnant is hard, but since Jesus wants her to be pregnant, it's not bad (even though she hates it).  Ummm.....maybe Braggie should check with her children in 10-15 years about that.

Hah, yes that is the only reason Bitchy Braggie keeps getting pregnant. She's a raging narcissist that feeds on attention!

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 5

She is obviously pregnant, so likely 2+ months along (I’d say more like 3-4). So, she was planning on going to Europe, with all those kids in tow, while in her first trimester of her 9th pregnancy? She is effing insane!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

The wet toilet paper describes their parenting style in a nut shell:  don’t get too close or you will realize it won’t work.

Her husband is f*ing insane.  The man needs to get a snip snip and start fathering the kids he has.  

Edited by Tatar-tot
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

@bea—What fundies call “Resurrection Rolls” are co-opted from an old Pillsbury Bake-Off recipe often called Balloon Buns. The originals were marshmallows dipped in melted butter, sugar, and cinnamon, then wrapped in crescent roll dough. After baking, they turn out hollow. I was intrigued by this recipe when it first came out when I was in my teens, but have never made it.

The originals were never intended as a Resurrection symbol, and this idea burns me TF up.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

I had a suspicion she was pregnant! Just the other day I was thinking, hmm, it's been a while, I wonder... but I didn't say anything. I wonder how the older children react to the news, since you're right that Shaun doesnt look thrilled.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, DundeeUnFundie said:

I had a suspicion she was pregnant! Just the other day I was thinking, hmm, it's been a while, I wonder... but I didn't say anything. I wonder how the older children react to the news, since you're right that Shaun doesnt look thrilled.

If they were less than over the moon thrilled about it, they know damn well they better hide it.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

BEC her hair looked terrible (maybe combed with a fork) and seriously dirty. Sheltering at home doesn't prevent hair washing.

Last summer Abbie told a story where she combed her hair with a dirty fork that she found on the floor of their rental van. She also made videos about how she washes her hair maybe once a week. She works out all the time. I don't care how long you think you can go without a washing, dirty hair smells nasty.

5 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Braggie does this for the attention, to make herself appear the bestest super shiny happy Jesus-y Christian mom around. As she is oh so endlessly vocal she hates being pregnant, getting pregnant proves what a bestest super shiny happy Jesus-y Christian mom she is. 

I agree. I also think she does it so she doesn't have to actually work on herself as a person.

I had a friend who had an identity crisis when her youngest left for college. After 30 years of raising kids she just couldn't see herself as anything but mom. She desparately tried talking her husband into another baby. He said no so she tried mothering him. That didn't work either. She ended up having a bit of a meltdown and went into counseling where she learned to find herself.

While Abbie doesn't relish the role of motherhood, it's how she gets attention. In a way, its the path of least resistance. Any other way that she tried to feed her insatiable ego would require more work. All she has to do is keep popping out kids and handing them off to others to raise. Let's face it, there's a million influencers with her style but not too many women are willing to keep having babies for attention. Abbie has effectively made herself stand out.

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 10

Agree with all that Shaun looks less than thrilled.

All I can think is this time next year, the picture will look the same except Simon will have the new baby on his hip.  

And - who took the picture?  I bet they had family over yesterday despite the social distancing instructions.

• Upvote 3

Just now, danvillebelle said:

Agree with all that Shaun looks less than thrilled.

All I can think is this time next year, the picture will look the same except Simon will have the new baby on his hip.  

And - who took the picture?  I bet they had family over yesterday despite the social distancing instructions.

I read somewhere, can’t remember where, that these were professional photos.

40 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I read somewhere, can’t remember where, that these were professional photos.

Braggie needs to do a professional photo shoot every time she’s knocked up. Last time they had a bunch of balloons. 

No real surprise there. The baby turned one and she’s been in baggy clothes for most of her pics. 

I wonder if her friend Mandy (who disappeared from blogging and the internet) has had any more kids?

• Upvote 1

Braggie is pretty consistent with her spacing. All her kids minus Ezra have birthdays about a month apart. Ezra is May, Simon's the beginning of September, Della's is the end of September, Evy and Nola are November, Theo is December, Honor is January, and Shiloh's is February. Assuming the timing is the same as last time this baby is due around September. So this is actually ahead of schedule for her. 

Well Shiloh, I hope you enjoyed what little mothering you got for being the youngest while it lasted. Now you have brother dads, sister parents, and a woman who occasionally shows up to tell you to clean things and post about your flaws on the internet.

20 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Hah, yes that is the only reason Bitchy Braggie keeps getting pregnant. She's a raging narcissist that feeds on attention!

Yeah I think this was made very clear by that novel she wrote about dealing with backlash for having an 8th child despite the fact, by her own admission, she didn't get any. Seriously this woman's victim complex rivals Nicole Naugler's. 

• Upvote 11

Ugh that post about being 15 and starting college blablabla.

Also; I just do not see how she will be able to homeschool perhaps 10+ kids in a few years; I just don't believe in providing each child with the education it deserves once you have so many children aged 0-18. I work as a History teacher in high school and that is already a lot of work; just teaching History to 12-19 year olds. I just don't see how one can be able to teach so many children in so many different age groups at the same time, and especially the teenagers, Math, History, Science, etc. etc. etc. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, Timetraveler said:

Also; I just do not see how she will be able to homeschool perhaps 10+ kids in a few years;

Short answer - she won't.  Between their co-op, Shaun and her mother (and probably Ezra and Simon helping the little ones a LOT), I doubt she does much actual teaching.

Once again, this mother of soon to be 9 introduces herself as not being a kid person and not liking being pregnant. 

Bat. Shit. Crazy. 

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 12

Per her IG, they already know the sex, so unless they’ve done genetic testing, she’s 16-20 weeks along. Her spacing will be shorter this time. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Per her IG, they already know the sex, so unless they’ve done genetic testing, she’s 16-20 weeks along. Her spacing will be shorter this time. 

I’m afraid her spacing will now be shorter from here on out because she has Ezra, Simon, and Della to be parents. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic