IGNORED

M is for Mama 5: Praying for Lunch

Coconut Flan

On 3/3/2020 at 9:42 PM, SeverelyServingJeebus said:

Does anyone else think that the Europe trip was just a fancifull dream and something was always going to happen to interrupt St. Braggie's plans?

It's enterely possible. The trip was extremely expensive and they don't seem to have that big amount of money. Maybe they won the lottery, though. But even having the money, it was going to be a nightmare for all the family, including Braggie. Did she realised? 

But it won't surprise me if Braggie eventually does the trip alone or with friends. 

• Upvote 3

Can Braggie her any more insufferable?

The answer is always YES. Yes, she can.

Braggie’s kids don’t fight because they are forced to act like mini adults at a very young age. 

BEBB9F56-A858-4A13-A42C-0044118A6CA5.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Dear Braggie, Maybe you need to consider "the truth of your arrows".  Its not about the kids, it's about YOU--your decorative knick-knacks that have a price, but no value.  Your velvet couch full of pillows and not kids being kids.  Your kids are props in your perfectly curated life, which has been done at THEIR expense.  Your hasty addition of "#preachingtomyself too" fails to convince me.

I have a small display of my favorite childhood doll, a bowl belonging to my grandma (she always served my favorite meal in those), my grandpa's clarinet (I used to play clarinet and thought it was cool that he did, too) and a few other little things.  She would think my display is tacky--i see love.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 7

If you have a rug that sheds so badly you need to vacuum it everyday, get rid of it! She is so obsessed with how her house looks that she keeps a rug that causes an insane amount of extra work. She keeps it because her kids are probably the ones that have to vacuum. Not her. So oh well. 

50E67266-508C-485D-A569-676F0C15D2EA.jpeg

• WTF 4

The cats' shedding drives me bonkers (and killed another vacuum cleaner). If I had a RUG that did that, it'd end up in the garbage can. But then again, I don't have a passel of kids or a big house...and thoroughly despise housework. I do need to tackle the bathrooms tomorrow (today) but I'll get there. Maybe I should do something about the kitty snot on a couple of the windows. 

Braggie...do you really think that we all believe that YOU do all the housework? I call bullshit. 

• Upvote 4

So coronavirus is rampant, life is screeching to a halt for many but the good news is that there's more time to care for Abbie's shedding rug. 

Screenshot_2020-03-16-09-12-17.thumb.png.7165eccfcb4e9435fa6936dcab735aad.png

Why does Shaun have to travel? I can't imagine there's anything he has to do that can't be done remotely. 

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

Why does Shaun have to travel? I can't imagine there's anything he has to do that can't be done remotely. 

Right?! My husband travels every week for work but that is suspended indefinitely. They are doing a lot of video meetings and calls, and making the best of it. 

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

I'm betting Shaun doesn't *have* to travel, but he *wants* to travel...

I travel a lot for work and my next three trips are simply not going to happen.  

• Upvote 8

54 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I'm betting Shaun doesn't *have* to travel, but he *wants* to travel...

I travel a lot for work and my next three trips are simply not going to happen.  

Right? In Hawai'i right now, where we have a lot of poverty, horrible government that's all incompetent and corrupt, horrible medical and other infrastructure, a lot of elderly and a lot of contact with the West Coast and Asia, but what little cases have been discovered (as of two or three days ago we'd only tested 32 people) are coming from tourists coming out and doing their vacation like normal. Because they WANT to still travel, not that they need to.

Our state including me, depend on the hospitality industry but it's already decimated. At least half of our tourists come from Japan and theyve almost all stopped. The only people coming are mainlanders, many from southern states, who are acting like its no big deal even when they start to get sick.

One couple from Indiana had contact with someone either sick or directly exposed back home, then flew to Maui, dined out multiple times a day, did tour groups, etc. even as they started to feel sick. Finally went to Urgent Care where all staff had no protection and were released. They finished their activities flew to another island, started their itinerary until they were so sick they couldnt and finally were put on isolation by the state. 

Another woman from Colorado was similar except only started feeling sick as she was about to leave. But dont worry she and her husband wore gloves and hoodies on the flight to make sure THEY didn't get sick. That's all she cared about  She was afraid a small hole in her hoodie could have made her sick despite getting back home and being positive which meant she had it way before. But dont worry guys shes a nurse in Crested Butte, a ski town, where she runs her own clinic!! She finally admitted maybe she got it before she left since right now Colorado's ski town mountain areas have a huge cluster and self quarantines are being requested. If she thinks a hoodie is protection from a disease I'm nervous about how she got her nursing degree and want to warn anyone who might get care from her clinic.

And that's not including the cruise ship with all the sick people that was of the coast of California forever because they didnt want Americans to get sick... well right before it was at four different Hawaiian islands where it docked and all passengers were free to get off and go all around. Guess Hawaii is only American when it allows the mainland to access all our good stuff but not when its something bad.

There's still such little testing here maybe 100ish now? With all the exposure? And meanwhile all these young haole mainland families who from what I've overheard from some dont think it's a big deal, arent old so they don't care or say they're not sick so it's fine, are coming out here with no care about the people they're affecting here and with absolutely no knowledge of how bad it'll be on the islands with an outbreak.

But hey work sucks so everyone's fine with not going. But a Hawaiian vacation? And it's mostly people who have been subscribing to Trump's views, even after he was forced to alter them a bit. Somehow they think it's good to block international travel to keep the mainland safe but what about unnecessary domestic travel? That makes too much sense.  These people think only those born on a different piece of land can carry the virus, but anyone born on the land that happens to be in America is fine.

I live with my 75 year old dad who is relatively healthy at times but other times he can be pretty sick, even within a day. I cook and clean and jeep him company. He's the one I'm more worried about. Especially with less numbers of, but still large groups of tourists with kids running around our hallways and condo area, leaving trash, coughing, spitting, etc. But hey only dirty foreigners spread sickness  when they travel, not super special white Murican Trumpvidians!

Edited by zee_four
phone typos!
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 12

14 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

Why does Shaun have to travel? 

To be away from Abbie and the kids. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he calls Abbie and tells her there is an outbreak where he is at and that he's forced to stay quarantined there for two weeks and can't come home. That man does not want to be quarantined in a home with Abbie and a load of kids. Neither does Abbie, but hey, #hardisnotthesamethingasbad

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 4

Braggie is doing yet another q & a on her insta stories and yet again it’s just one big humble brag. 

• Upvote 2

On 3/17/2020 at 12:03 AM, Marly said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he calls Abbie and tells her there is an outbreak where he is at and that he's forced to stay quarantined there for two weeks and can't come home. That man does not want to be quarantined in a home with Abbie and a load of kids. Neither does Abbie, but hey, #hardisnotthesamethingasbad

Shaun is back home according to Abbie's latest post. He came home a day earlier than expected.

At least she admits she uses the gym to get away from her kids. We all knew it. Our gyms have been closed for almost a week now. Her gym is late. I wonder how much the virus is spread when people are huffing and puffing while working out amongst others. My guess is a lot. 

465969C8-9FF9-4DC9-A6DC-8AD736F9A1E6.jpeg

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

At least she admits she uses the gym to get away from her kids. We all knew it. Our gyms have been closed for almost a week now. Her gym is late. I wonder how much the virus is spread when people are huffing and puffing while working out amongst others. My guess is a lot. 

Hey maybe Covid-19 isolation will be her wake-up call and the catalyst for birth control use, or better yet, more permanent measures. I could call that a C-19 win!

• Upvote 2

There's people dying and health systems collapsing,  but all she can think about is her gym?

No prayers for the ill? could she be more self absorbed?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, freejugar said:

could she be more self absorbed?

No. She’s a true narcissist. She can’t get much worse than she already is. 

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Gyms here are still open, although people are apparently cancelling like flies. The gym I go to is small and members are coming in over very spaced out times. The owner set up a "cleaning mat" so as you finish with weights you put them there are then they are cleaned before being put back. Machines are cleaned pretty much as soon as you get off them. If there is more than one member in at a time (I go late, frequently I'm the only person there) everyone spaces out on the machines and floor, and we try to run outside rather than on the treadmill. 

I have some sympathy for using the gym as stress relief and an escape. What I don't get - and apparently never will - is why Abbie makes life so difficult for herself. Send the kids to school! Use contraception! Run a small interior design business! FFS, she'd be so much happier doing that - and I suspect her family would be too. 

• Upvote 6

@Ozlsn, gyms are closed around here. The gym chain I belong to has put everyone’s membership fees on hold. I’m the opposite of a gym rat, but realize I have to force myself to be physically active for health reasons. (There are a rowing machine and some free weights gathering dust under my bed.)

It’s taking a toll on my daughter, who regularly swims at the Y and takes yoga classes for stress and anxiety relief. She’s been taking virtual yoga and dance classes during the quarantine.

• Upvote 2

I just went for a walk. I think a lot of people around here are doing that. I see people walking and jogging all day long. Our metro parks are also open. So people can get some exercise out there too. We are lucky that most of us have easy access to exercise videos. My good friend had a tape from the 1980s she would do every morning in high school. The lead woman had such a camel toe I could barely do the video without laughing the whole time. 

• Upvote 3

With all the stuff in her house, she doesn't have any home fitness equipment? How about a jump rope? Milk jugs filled with water? I know it isn't the same but she doesn't just have hang out on the couch. Maybe she could play outside with her kids - something active like soccer or tag. There are plenty of ways to stay active if your focus isn't all about looking cool while you do it.

And why is a father to many children traveling outside of his home? He could bring back the virus and endanger his entire family. Hmmm, maybe that is why the airports look so vacant - because sane people are not risking their lives or the lives of others. 

These two are quite a pair!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, pupper said:

And why is a father to many children traveling outside of his home? He could bring back the virus and endanger his entire family. Hmmm, maybe that is why the airports look so vacant - because sane people are not risking their lives or the lives of others. 

She seems to try to respond to our criticism of this here:

206457554_ScreenShot2020-03-23at11_25_11AM.png.fc4ef02d1252ff01051a47e9a7714d9c.png

but as a software developer myself, I'm still not convinced. Writing software can be done from anywhere, I would know, my office is starting it's second week of mandatory work from home. And as for installing, I have a hard time believing they don't have a way to remote desktop for that.

Sorry braggie, still not buying it.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

9 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

206457554_ScreenShot2020-03-23at11_25_11AM.png.fc4ef02d1252ff01051a47e9a7714d9c.png

but as a software developer myself, I'm still not convinced. Writing software can be done from anywhere, I would know, my office is starting it's second week of mandatory work from home. And as for installing, I have a hard time believing they don't have a way to remote desktop for that.

I’m just sitting here imagining Shaun with a secret second family. It’s a woman who works as a high level executive and they only have one child. That child goes to a great public school and is in all the extra curricular activities. They live in a small apartment in the city and have zero rugs throughout. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 21

9 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Me neither.  I’m sure first responder orgs would prefer he didn’t traipse through an airport and appear in person.  He works from home when he’s not traveling, no?  Also, I would question the capabilities of a company which *couldn’t* remotely deploy software. 

Shaun travels because he wants to...period, dot.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

All of the city and county of Honolulu will go on shelter in place as of Thursday. All city parks closed this last week, which means beaches here. There's been a lot of discussion in the surf community about the water being open just not the beach per se. I personally go and swim in the always empty stretch of ocean right beside our building everyday and intend on continuing to do that until we're told otherwise which then I'll gladly acquiesce. Theres no one out there and it's the exercise/PT I do to build my strength back and get back to health after my hospitalization. I will walk right back inside after, no hanging out on the beach.

What's crazy is to see families still check in to my dad's building for vacation from the mainland. Restaurants are closed, beaches are closed and starting Thurraday all incoming visitors will be on a 14 day self quarantine. That means in their hotel rooms not the pool or beach. Our lanai or porch overlooks our buildings pool so I'll be watching 

It's really eerie out here. But we're bracing for the impact because once people start getting sick here it will get bad real quick.

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic