IGNORED

Nathan 4: Competing With Lawson for Title of Most Insufferable

GreyhoundFan

Full body front hugging and sitting together on the same side of the booth? 

We sure have come along way in Bates-ville.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Maybe he is okay with his wife dressing in shorts but not his sisters. ?‍♀️

I think he just wants to get laid and is willing to bend his beliefs so he can 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 5

8 hours ago, artdecades said:

I think he just wants to get laid and is willing to bend his beliefs so he can 

Yep.  Once he gets her locked in a marriage where I’m sure she will have to promise to obey him, I wouldn’t be surprised if he starts dictating how she dresses. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 9

Ashley also wore pants. Do we know he is anti-pants? i know he seemed very anti hairdos for weddings, but did he mention anything about pants?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I'm pretty sure he is ok with pants. His sisters, sister-in-law and lots of friends wear pants. Even some Duggars. 

The pants question is outdated. Kelly and Gil keep it going because the feel speshul, but there is no reason to think Nathan wants his future wife to follow that rule. If it was important for him, he would be courting a Maxwell-style girl and definitely would avoid touching.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

On 1/3/2021 at 4:03 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

He obviously has a type. Beautiful brunettes. There seem to be a lot of fundie couples where the guy is pretty ordinary looking and the girl is a stunner. I guess looks don’t matter for males in fundieland. But females must be pretty. It’s an annoying double standard. 

I think many of those girls are average, exactly like the boys. But gilrs know how to make up really well and how to wear the most fitting outfits. Also they invest a lot of effort in their hair, which makes a huge improvement! Meanwhile the boys don't care about their appearance. 

I think Nathan's girlfriend has a glamurous style and he's so country... Not a good match on pictures. But if they are happy, good for them.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

I don't think there is any question that the Bates boys like their women to be trendy.  And the sisters are split down the middle with it.  Some of them very fundie looking (Michaella, Erin, Tori) and some of them really trendy (Carlin, Josie, Whitney (wife)) Same hateful beliefs, just dressed up differently. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

30 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

I don't think there is any question that the Bates boys like their women to be trendy.  And the sisters are split down the middle with it.  Some of them very fundie looking (Michaella, Erin, Tori) and some of them really trendy (Carlin, Josie, Whitney (wife)) Same hateful beliefs, just dressed up differently. 

Notice it’s the older sisters who cling to the older style and the younger ones are more trendy. It looks similar in Esther’s family too. Her older sisters seem to be dressed very modest. Funny how brainwashing seems to take hold with the oldest ones and it wains with the younger ones. By the time Josie and Jordan Duggar are 21, they will be wearing whatever they please. 

34 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

I think many of those girls are average, exactly like the boys. But gilrs know how to make up really well and how to wear the most fitting outfits. Also they invest a lot of effort in their hair, which makes a huge improvement! Meanwhile the boys don't care about their appearance. 

I think Nathan's girlfriend has a glamurous style and he's so country... Not a good match on pictures. But if they are happy, good for them.

I guess that’s my point. Men in fundieland can look like slobs or just put very little effort into it. While women are expected to look their best. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

On 1/2/2021 at 3:22 PM, raayx01 said:

I swear Nathan and John David could be twins more than John and Jana. It was the creepiest thing in the world to see John be so thrilled to paint Abbies nails now Esther is posting about Nathan doing it. I would never want my man painting my nails. It's just so weird to see these guys that portray themselves as being so manly and leaders of the house to paint nails.

Plenty of stereotypically masculine men will paint their wives nails, or even their own nails. I think a lot about John David/Nathan/(insert fundie here) is creepy, but I have to admit I don't think this one is.

• Upvote 4

My partner has been painting my nails and giving me mani / pedis since Covid hit.  We had a standing appointment with the salon pre-Covid, and it’s a little way be tries to keep life less weird.  I think it’s very sweet that a guy would paint nails.  

• Upvote 7

15 hours ago, OrchidBlossom said:

Plenty of stereotypically masculine men will paint their wives nails, or even their own nails. I think a lot about John David/Nathan/(insert fundie here) is creepy, but I have to admit I don't think this one is.

except didn't John David specifically say he was doing it because he didn't want someone else touching his wife and doing it and her leaving the house for the hour? I forget his exact wording; I'm sure someone remembers better.. but it's not about masculinity or being sweet, it is straight up about control. And that's why it's so icky. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 6

12 minutes ago, Casserole said:

except didn't John David specifically say he was doing it because he didn't want someone else touching his wife and doing it and her leaving the house for the hour? I forget his exact wording; I'm sure someone remembers better.. but it's not about masculinity or being sweet, it is straight up about control. And that's why it's so icky. 

I thought it was because he didn’t want to spend money on it. JD comes across as cheap. I’m cheap too so it’s mint meant as an insult. I also hate paying for mani/pedis when I can do it myself.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

Well if she’s dating Nathan I’m sure she shares those same awful beliefs. I believe they’ll get married later this year. Just hoping she doesn’t have super fertility. The less kids born into that cult the better. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

The Bates family blog, run by Ellie and her mom, made the official announcement today. They even shared the “no room for Jesus” photo. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

I don't know much about Ellie, but SOTDRT strike again? So mysterious when is so easy to find her, she has posted the same photos and even tag Nathan in a couple of photos 

20210105_202903.thumb.jpg.c512f6864b4086d1bffca5fd191512a0.jpg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, raayx01 said:

It's funny she doesn't include her last name and acts like its top secret, we figured all this out months ago

Their blog used to have a lot of info about the Duggars and Bateses. Now they are basically the last place anyone would want info on them. They just post old news nowadays.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

31 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Their blog used to have a lot of info about the Duggars and Bateses. Now they are basically the last place anyone would want info on them. They just post old news nowadays.

It went downhill when Ellie had her son and now she's had two miscarriages. I've read Ellie's personal blog off and on and she's a pretty good writer. I have a feeling her heart's not in the Duggar and Bates blogs anymore and her mom does most of the posts now.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

On 1/2/2021 at 7:27 PM, fundiebabez said:

Nathan just made his first Instagram post! imageproxy.php?img=&key=3ab7423d8dc6a9e6

CEC434E3-0499-432C-A7A0-D0EF7A59EA13.png

Notice we can't see her hands or fingers. Her hands aren't visible in the other two photos. In one, she's wearing gloves.  Here it looks like maybe the photo was cropped so we can't see the fingers. The reason I'm bringing up the fingers thing is he may have proposed and the cropped photo hides the engagement ring. 

Further reasons to think they're engaged is the relationship moving into the spotlight and the amount of physical closeness/PDA they're sharing. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

56 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

It went downhill when Ellie had her son and now she's had two miscarriages. I've read Ellie's personal blog off and on and she's a pretty good writer. I have a feeling her heart's not in the Duggar and Bates blogs anymore and her mom does most of the posts now.

With all the public social media available, their blog is basically pointless now. Ellie probably knows it.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Notice we can't see her hands or fingers. Her hands aren't visible in the other two photos. In one, she's wearing gloves.  Here it looks like maybe the photo was cropped so we can't see the fingers. The reason I'm bringing up the fingers thing is he may have proposed and the cropped photo hides the engagement ring. 

Further reasons to think they're engaged is the relationship moving into the spotlight and the amount of physical closeness/PDA they're sharing. 

Nathan painted the nails of Esther's left hand. No ring, but she could have taken it off knowing a picture was coming before they made a formal announcement.

• Upvote 5

On 1/5/2021 at 8:33 AM, Casserole said:

Yeah this is super fair I just don’t think doing a wife’s nails is inherently icky 

• Upvote 2

I’m gonna throw it on out there that I think they’re totally already married.
I also think they have been for sometime. (The whole “promise ring” story he gave about that band he wears just didn’t ring true.)
I think something about her/their situation doesn’t fit the fundie script or the parents expectations and there has been a rift of some kind.

Edited by Coconut Flan
Removed tapatalk signature.
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 1

If Lawson was in DC today without his brother, then he has easily beaten Nathan as the worst (most insufferable).

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic