IGNORED

Nathan 4: Competing With Lawson for Title of Most Insufferable

GreyhoundFan

3 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I'm kind of amazed that people expect that in the midst of an armed attack on our country where an assortment of dangerous militias came with the intention of overthrowing the government by brutally murdering members of Congress, that police are supposed to calmly figure out who is armed and who isn't before they shoot the violent attackers. 

If I understand correctly that woman was climbing through the door extremely near Pence who she was most likely planning on helping murder. If one doesn't want to get shot, then don't attack a country in an attempt to murder many of the leaders. 

I was unaware that the protestors were members of militias. That totally changes things of course. I was talking under the impression that they were an assortment of conspiracity theorists and redneck Trump supporters. I though the woman that was killed was confirmed to have been mentally ill?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, llucie said:

I was unaware that the protestors were members of militias. That totally changes things of course. I was talking under the impression that they were an assortment of conspiracity theorists and redneck Trump supporters. I though the woman that was killed was confirmed to have been mentally ill?

There was an assortment of militias there from what I understand. These people had t-shirts made up with the date and Civil War written on them.  They had been planning this for months. Even the ones who weren't officially in militias could be highly trained. Some of those redneck Trump supporters who live near me have elaborate shooting ranges on their property and spend hours practicing with extremely powerful weapons. Those conspiracy theorists and redneck can be very dangerous. 

And the people who murdered thr police officer didn't even need a gun. No guns doesn't mean not a deadly threat. 

• Upvote 22

30 minutes ago, llucie said:

These people have been posting on social media for WEEKS that they wanted to KILL people in our government. I would say it is not exactly accurate that many describe our reaction to this coup as "surprise," rather it is surreal that it actually happened. The government and average American citizen knew these people were coming to Washington D.C. armed and ready for trouble. The big question is, why did the police let them get so close in the first place? (I have my own opinions on this but this is more for the political threads and not here.) Please make no mistake, maybe it is because you are not American that you don't understand, it was obvious to everyone that these people, including the woman who died, broke into the Capitol to kidnap and murder our government officials. She was not some little innocent woman. She was former military. I don't think she needed to be armed to kill someone, she could have used her bare hands if she wanted. She was with the people chanting for beheadings. This was much more serious than you realize. 

Edited by meep
me spell not gud :p
  • Upvote 24

Why don’t they like mike pence? I thought he was as fundie anti abortion as they come? 
And isn’t that pelosi?? On their side too? 

Edited by AussieKrissy
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, meep said:

These people have been posting on social media for WEEKS that they wanted to KILL people in our government. I would say it is not exactly accurate that many describe our reaction to this coup as "surprise," rather it is surreal that it actually happened. They government and average American citizen knew these people who coming to Washington D.C. armed and ready for trouble. The big question is, why did the police let them get so close in the first place? (I have my own opinions on this but this is more for the political threads and not here.) Please make no mistake, maybe it is because you are not American that you don't understand, it was obvious to everyone that these people, including the woman who died, broke into the Capitol to kidnap and murder our government officials. She was not some little innocent woman. She was former military. I don't think she needed to be armed to kill someone, she could have used her bare hands if she wanted. She was with the people chanting for beheadings. This was much more serious than you realize. 

I didnt even knew the USA had militias, you learn something new everyday. Well then scratch everything i said before. I was talking under the impression they were civilians in a missguided protest that got heated.

I even had read the woman was mentally ill so i though we were discussing about a mentally ill unarmed civilian. I did knew she was former military, but that to me just added to her being mentally ill since so many ex-soldiers end suffering from PTSD and other mental health issues.

• Bless Your Heart 1

I haven't read anything about her being mentally ill. She was heavily in debt and deep into Trump worship and, like a huge chunk of white Republicans, blamed democrats for all her problems. She also had worked on Capitol defense so she was well aware of the layout of the building and that they shoot to kill there if the lives of those they are supposed to defend are at risk. She was repeatedly told to get back and she continued. They had no way to know if she was a highly trained killer with a weapon. 

• Upvote 14

18 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Why don’t they like mike pence? I thought he was as fundie anti abortion as they come? 
And isn’t that pelosi?? On their side too? 

Mike Pence did what he swore an oath to do, and was (and did) planning to certify the election. These people believe that the election was fake and full of inaccuracies and fraud, and thought that Pence was "weak" for not "taking a stand." Somehow they thought if they hung Mike Pence, killed Pelosi, that Trump would be the only person left to hold office. (And they wanted to kill McConnell and AOC and Omar and others just for fun). 

It's very scary and I can't imagine having to barricade myself in at my workplace and rush into a tunnel. I have no love for McConnell, but he's like 76 years old and looks very frail. Lisa Murkowski has lost some weight and she's in her early 60s. I don't think she was pleased about having to be helped through the tunnels like an invalid. Dianne Feinstein is 87! 

• Upvote 19
  • Thank You 3

11 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I haven't read anything about her being mentally ill. She was heavily in debt and deep into Trump worship and, like a huge chunk of white Republicans, blamed democrats for all her problems. She also had worked on Capitol defense so she was well aware of the layout of the building and that they shoot to kill there if the lives of those they are supposed to defend are at risk. She was repeatedly told to get back and she continued. They had no way to know if she was a highly trained killer with a weapon. 

Someone actually mentioned it on fundie reddit, arguing that people like Lawson giving credit to the election conspiracy were responsible for inciting mentally ill people like the killed woman going to such extremes, making him indirectally responsible for her death. I though it was a good comment and so true! Although Lawson seems to be believing the conspiracy theories himself too, he is not that far off from lunacy at this point. But in his case i think its more dumbness than illness.

• Upvote 11

For those people who are in the US. If Trump is unable to fulfil his duties (has a stroke, dies, heart attack, etc), then Mike Pence becomes President and Pence appoints a new VP. If both Trump and Pence are killed or suffer medical emergencies or whatever, then Pelosi (Speaker of the House) is President. There is always someone in the line of succession who has to be off site during the State of the Union. Sometimes it's a Cabinet Member, like the Secretary of Agriculture who no one knows. It would be a big deal for insurrectionists to take out the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th (Chuck Grassley) people in line. 

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, llucie said:

Someone actually mentioned it on fundie reddit, arguing that people like Lawson giving credit to the election conspiracy were responsible for inciting mentally ill people like the killed woman going to such extremes, making him indirectally responsible for her death. I though it was a good comment and so true! Although Lawson seems to be believing the conspiracy theories himself too, he is not that far off from lunacy at this point. But in his case i think its more dumbness than illness.

What makes someone a murderer? I don't know. I'm not an expert.
But I can tell you I have friends who are military veterans with PTSD. I have many more friends who are mentally ill. Not a single one of them have committed murder. So I think it's not right to just say "oh this woman has PTSD" or "this woman was mentally ill."

I don't know why she did what she did but I don't care. She was a domestic terrorist, she wanted to be a murderer. Nearly every person in that crowd voted and advocated for racist and homophobic policies. That is disgusting and if she had protested peacefully in her own town, maybe I would call her dumb and hateful. But because she was so extreme, I will just call her evil. That's good enough for me. 

• Upvote 18

I Googled but couldn't find anything about her being mentally ill. Apparently she had to be disciplined while in the military. She had a history of violence and once chased her husband's ex wife down in an SUV, ran into her three times and threatened her. It sounds like she was a extremely hateful person who had a tendency towards being violent and she latched onto the movement to kill our leaders. 

• Upvote 16
  • Thank You 3

5 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I Googled but couldn't find anything about her being mentally ill. Apparently she had to be disciplined while in the military. She had a history of violence and once chased her husband's ex wife down in an SUV, ran into her three times and threatened her. It sounds like she was a extremely hateful person who had a tendency towards being violent and she latched onto the movement to kill our leaders. 

I tried to find the comment because it had a link to a news article, but it was days ago and at this point there is so many threads about Lawson in the protest that it is like finding a needle in a haystack. I also couldnt find that any of the people that died there belonged to a militia, can someone point me to a news article that talks about this?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, llucie said:

I tried to find the comment because it had a link to a news article, but it was days ago and at this point there is so many threads about Lawson in the protest that it is like finding a needle in a haystack. I also couldnt find that any of the people that died there belonged to a militia, can someone point me to a news article that talks about this?

I dont think that any who died are officially members of militias.  But does it matter if they are official militias since a militia membership isn't necessary to be armed, dangerous and part of a group who had spent months planning the murder of our leaders?

But the woman who was shot? She was well trained, new the layout of the building and had a history of violence. 

• Upvote 9

This was a very definite "patchwork" group of individuals, some members of militias, some not. I am not sure why that is a "potential" sticking point. The Proud Boys aren't necessarily affiliated with the KKK and one of their main leaders is of Dominican ancestry. It doesn't make him or the Proud Boys not a hate-filled racist group. Rufus, help me with my phrasing. 

• Upvote 10

*TW, potentially disturbing footage for some*

Here is a long video being on the ground that morning by the Capitol. Just so you understand that attitude going on.

At 14:00 - was this the "peaceful" "protest" that Trace and Lawson were at? Where they are screeching "Fight for Trump!" while waving Don't Tread On Me flags? Seems quite menacing to me...

Note: Keep in mind some of the people you see who are in military gear are NOT military/cops. They are civilians dressed up in armor. 

Edited by meep
additional info
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, llucie said:

Please keep in mind that "militia" does NOT mean the same thing in the USA that it means in much of the rest of the world.
I can stand in a church small group & throw a rock and hit 5 militia members, with at most 2 having military or law enforcement experience.  Militia = normal person who has decided to pretend to be military = the people who bomb buildings = my brother in law = the sunday school teacher = somewhere between normal and extremist.  It's a very....odd designation around here

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 5

3 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

For those people who are in the US. If Trump is unable to fulfil his duties (has a stroke, dies, heart attack, etc), then Mike Pence becomes President and Pence appoints a new VP. If both Trump and Pence are killed or suffer medical emergencies or whatever, then Pelosi (Speaker of the House) is President. There is always someone in the line of succession who has to be off site during the State of the Union. Sometimes it's a Cabinet Member, like the Secretary of Agriculture who no one knows. It would be a big deal for insurrectionists to take out the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th (Chuck Grassley) people in line. 

Designated survivor. Brilliant show until season three and Netflix ruined it :(

edited to add that the crazy that I follow on Insta put up a vid with heaps of guys at a bus stop/airport with the song the boys from the south are coming.  She titled it. No one can stop what’s happening in Georgia now. 

Edited by AussieKrissy
  • I Agree 1

14 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

Secretary of Agriculture has been the "safe one" before. I think 2018? His name is Sonny Perdue, and he was governor of Georgia. During that time he was known to have distributed IBLP and other fundy materials to business leaders coming to Georgia to see about building here and foreign leaders he visited. 

In these four years, he has spent most of it wanting to cut back on food stamps and SNAP programs. 

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 1

14 hours ago, meep said:

*TW, potentially disturbing footage for some*

Here is a long video being on the ground that morning by the Capitol. Just so you understand that attitude going on.

At 14:00 - was this the "peaceful" "protest" that Trace and Lawson were at? Where they are screeching "Fight for Trump!" while waving Don't Tread On Me flags? Seems quite menacing to me...

Note: Keep in mind some of the people you see who are in military gear are NOT military/cops. They are civilians dressed up in armor. 

Can you link the video? It won’t let me watch it. When I click on play it takes me to a list of videos. Was it taken down?

55 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Can you link the video? It won’t let me watch it. When I click on play it takes me to a list of videos. Was it taken down?

If you right click on the video, you can copy the direct video URL.

• Upvote 2

Yes, sorry, I should have clarified. Because it is age-restricted, you have to click on it to watch in on YouTube. Otherwise it won't play. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/8/2021 at 2:29 AM, RosyDaisy said:

There's a big difference between a protest and treason, and that's exactly what the attack on our Capitol was...TREASON!

BULLSHIT!  Trump supporters are hateful people.  They support a lying, racist, misogynistic hateful traitor. Some are just better at hiding it.  There's nothing good about that.

Sorry but you are wrong on both accounts. The real Republicans were protesting, just look at the mere numbers that were at the Capitol compared to how many were at Trump’s speech. Not treason any more than the BLM riots.

And Trump supporters are not hateful people, they have turned the other cheek more times than you will ever know. They just don’t support baby killers. I’m not hiding I’m here, willing to debate but I don’t think there will be much compassion, just anger and rage.

• Fuck You 22
  • Downvote 20
  • Disgust 2
  • Bless Your Heart 3

7 minutes ago, sansan said:

willing to debate but I don’t think there will be much compassion, just anger and rage.

Well, if you call pro-choice people "baby killers", you are going to elicit some reactions you know...and some people here are just over with this shit.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 8

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic