IGNORED

Nathan 4: Competing With Lawson for Title of Most Insufferable

GreyhoundFan

On 1/3/2021 at 2:11 PM, fundiebabez said:

Just noticed that KJ’s & Gil’s account (@thebatesfam) isn’t following Nathan’s (@natebates93), although he is following them. Come to think of it, I haven’t seen them interact with his new account in any way, or even acknowledge the relationship ?

They are now, and Kelly left a comment on the photo of him and Esther.

I don't think they're married. I think they did get engaged, though, and that's why they've gone public.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

If they got engaged in October? why would they wait til Christmas to just share photos with each other. They would of shared photos of each other and confirm their relationship back in late October and then maybe announce their engagement at Christmas or new years

• Upvote 2

I think they got engaged around Christmas and are waiting to announce it on an episode or teaser for Bringing Up Bates. Maybe in a magazine article promoting it, Duggar-style.

• Upvote 10

I wonder if they will announce now, if they planned it. I assume, if they announce, people will talk about how his brothers were in DC instead..

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Nathan is a fundie man and therefore likely to be inherently competitive. Don't directly challenge him to out-awful Lawson! What if he finds a way?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8

Idk where else to post this. Esther’s sister (I think) posted a very easily debunked conspiracy theory about the insurrection yesterday on her stories. Just in case people may think they aren’t as bad because they wear shorts  

22E6C9BE-0375-4DB1-9517-150E27ED0528.png

Edited by artdecades
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

15 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

If Lawson was in DC today without his brother, then he has easily beaten Nathan as the worst (most insufferable).

And considering Trace was at the insurrection too, Nathan isn’t even second place!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, OrchidBlossom said:

And considering Trace was at the insurrection too, Nathan isn’t even second place!

Zach and Trace are buddies, they hang out together. Zach prayed on his knees for the victory of Trump. Zach is a police officer. Scary.

• Upvote 15
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

A coworker of mine who is dating a police officer and very pro blue lives matter literally posted a rant about how the police didn't want to have to stand against Republicans who support them but they were forced to do their jobs. And deflect deflect about the officer who died - because how dare anyone bring that up when we didn't carry about officers before when the "rabid animals" were burning cities. She dirty deleted before I could screen shot and sent to her boyfriend's troop.

We were friendly but I don't think I can interact with her anymore on anything but professional terms with racist nasty bullshit like that. You cannot get through to these people, they are unhinged.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 2

You realize they think the same thing about you, people are more than their politics, don't complain about this protest if you defended the summer of riots last year where cities were over taken and burned down . It just feels like a double standard.  With many trump supporters in my family, I don't agree with them, but they're good people who just think differently.

• Fuck You 9
  • Downvote 25
  • Bless Your Heart 2
  • WTF 4

1 hour ago, raayx01 said:

don't complain about this protest if you defended the summer of riots last year where cities were over taken and burned down.

There's a big difference between a protest and treason, and that's exactly what the attack on our Capitol was...TREASON!

2 hours ago, raayx01 said:

they're good people who just think differently.

BULLSHIT!  Trump supporters are hateful people.  They support a lying, racist, misogynistic hateful traitor. Some are just better at hiding it.  There's nothing good about that.

• Upvote 25
  • I Agree 8

3 hours ago, raayx01 said:

You realize they think the same thing about you, people are more than their politics, don't complain about this protest if you defended the summer of riots last year where cities were over taken and burned down . It just feels like a double standard.  With many trump supporters in my family, I don't agree with them, but they're good people who just think differently.

Look, I don’t live in the US so our news doesn’t cover everything that happens there. Which cities were overtaken and which burnt down?

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 2

I wish people would stop diminishing what this was, by calling it a ‘protest’. 

It was a planned coup. It was a terrorist attack. 

5 hours ago, raayx01 said:

don't complain about this protest 

Check out what she says before she goes. That she is going to storm the capitol. That is not a ‘protest’. It is intent to commit violence and treason.

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/us-politics/texas-woman-took-private-jet-to-trump-rally-in-washington-dc/news-story/af845fcebf03f798238ce9836c799d40

• Upvote 27
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, raayx01 said:

Don’t downplay racism, hate and using lies as an excuse to overthrow the government by calling it thinking differently. And call it what it was, an attack on America by armed terrorists. 

And on one hand we have people being murdered for years by the police and finally getting fed up and on the other hand we have a bunch of privileged white folks mad their cult leader didn’t get enough votes to remain in power so they decide to attempt to overthrow the government and dismantle democracy.  It is ridiculous to act like these are even closely the same.

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 23
  • I Agree 12

6 hours ago, raayx01 said:

My personal experience with protests is that no matter what people are protesting for some individuals in the crowd always take it too far and become violent. So yes some people did take the BLM protests too far. We have all seen the images of the riots and burning cars. I also personally dont think shooting that woman to death in the capitol by the police was justified if she was unarmed.

But i dont think that is the issue most people have with this protest. The issue is that they were protesting the results of democratic elections. They were protesting against democracy. The BLM protest were protesting for equality and justice so it is not really comparable.

• Upvote 8
  • Fuck You 1

8 hours ago, adidas said:

It was a planned coup. It was a terrorist attack. 

I cannot like this enough. These people are hateful, bigoted supremacists wrapped up in a cloak of "Christianity".

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

16 hours ago, raayx01 said:

With many trump supporters in my family, I don't agree with them, but they're good people who just think differently.

After what I saw happening last Wednesday in DC, it's safe to say that anyone who supports Trump is a domestic terrorist and an enabler of domestic terrorism.

Let's call things with their proper name.  

Edited by Shouldabeenacowboy
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

I don't approve of riots or violence, but I do support peaceful protests. I dont care if they march, but I do care if they try to attack/intimidate our government officials and throw out the result of our election.

And as white as I am I ABSOLUTELY do not condone wording like that to describe people who are victims of systemic oppression. Let me guess, your family thinks it's unfair that black people can use the n-word and they can't.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, Shouldabeenacowboy said:

After what I saw happening last Wednesday in DC, it's safe to say that anyone who supports Trump is a domestic terrorist and an enabler of domestic terrorism.

Let's call things with their proper name.  

You're seriously going to label half the country domestic terrorists. Get over yourself

On 1/8/2021 at 7:13 AM, llucie said:

My personal experience with protests is that no matter what people are protesting for some individuals in the crowd always take it too far and become violent. So yes some people did take the BLM protests too far. We have all seen the images of the riots and burning cars. I also personally dont think shooting that woman to death in the capitol by the police was justified if she was unarmed.

But i dont think that is the issue most people have with this protest. The issue is that they were protesting the results of democratic elections. They were protesting against democracy. The BLM protest were protesting for equality and justice so it is not really comparable.

No matter what you think they have every right to protest, not riot the election results and protesting for equality and justice doesn't mean you get to burn down cities.

For someone who identifies as an independent it's really discouraging to see people so one sided, you complain that their extremist right wing, but you all sound extremest left wing, which is just as bad.

• Fuck You 10
  • Downvote 16
  • Disgust 2
  • Bless Your Heart 2
  • Haha 1

So extreme left wing is saying people should use facts and not attempt to protest a legal election and call the person elected by the American people a thief who stole an election? Because doing so undermines the foundation of our democracy. 

Ok then. 

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 30
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

37 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

No matter what you think they have every right to protest, not riot the election results and protesting for equality and justice doesn't mean you get to burn down cities.

No one burned down cities.  All our cities are still here.  A handful of buildings were on fire in various cities, and that's a very different thing. 

I assume you're white, since you feel entitled to control how Black people 'get' to protest being routinely murdered. 

Demonstrating for your dangerous conspiracies and for the right just to live are very different things, and so is the destruction of some private property and an attempted coup. 

Our political positions at FJ basically range from far left to moderate conservative---if that's all on "one side" of you then you're far right, independent or not.  You're certainly parroting the far right if you're comparing what happened this week to the BLM protests. 

• Upvote 33
  • Love 2

On 1/7/2021 at 6:48 AM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Nathan is a fundie man and therefore likely to be inherently competitive. Don't directly challenge him to out-awful Lawson! What if he finds a way?

If being on FJ has taught me anything, it's that fundies will ALWAYS find a way to be worse than you think possible.

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 8

On 1/7/2021 at 9:22 PM, raayx01 said:

I don't know why I'm responding to this. Last time you got called out on something you disappeared for a while and never addressed it. 

Look up "False Equivalence" sometime. But since you won't, I'll explain it to you. What happened last summer was a series of protests. Some buildings burned. No cities burned down. The protests were in response to the militarization of police and the racism that is inherent in the US police department. People of color are disportionately met with force by the police. They are disportionately charged with crimes, are given longer sentences, and often killed. Police are NOT judge, jury, or executioner, yet when it comes to black folk, they act like they are. 

What happened at the Capitol was an insurrection. Because you seem unclear as to what words mean, here is a definition. 

in·sur·rec·tion /ˌinsəˈrekSH(ə)n/

noun

a violent uprising against an authority or government.

"the insurrection was savagely put down"

The groups that appeared at the Capitol had been planning for months to do so. The intent was to "stop the steal." as evidenced by signs. We can use our brains to make the connection that they were planning to use force (hence showing up with guns, molotov cocktails, and pipe bombs) to somehow stop the counting of the electoral college. They chanted "hang mike pence." They discussed on social media beforehand their intent to kill Nancy Pelosi, Mike Pence, and Mitch McConnell. 

This was a violent, if poorly executed, uprising against a government. Therefore, it was an insurrection. 

Proud Boys, Boogaloo Boys, Neo-Nazis, "all lives matter" folk are NOT GOOD PEOPLE. They are racists. Maybe not all Trump supporters are members of white supremacist groups, but the terrorists who stormed our nations Capitol and replaced an American flag with a Trump flag are clearly bad people who are involved with white nationalists. 

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic