IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 38: What Can They Shill Next?

Coconut Flan

Religious liberty? I bet he'd love to close down our church. We have gays and transgender people. we're inclusive not exclusive.  Definitely not the religious liberty he's talking  about.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

The fact that someone with Jed's values is running disgusts me. I hate his politics. By the same token this dumbass kid has the balls to do it. The tide is not going to change for liberals until we get more involved at the municipal and state level. We have an extremely underqualified  Commander in Chief. Buffoons will continue to impact our legislation and lives until we mobilize our young people too. Currently I'm volunteering with one of the top tier democratic wannabee nominees. I go in my wheelchair to protests at the NC capital- ( Republicans gerrymandering etc) I will vote for WHOMEVER gets the Democratic nomination. Jed is a jerk but he's doing something...All I'm saying is Let's all do what we can. Please vote.

Edited by Exposedknees
Clarity
  • Upvote 31
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

Jed is quickly becoming my least-favorite unmarried Duggar. 

I’m assuming this is mainly because you can now separate him from the other howlers. They are probably all equally horrible. I always thought that twin was Jer so at least I learned something from this joke. 

Do we think he kept the ”beard” to look older? Because he just looks like a teenager trying to grow a beard and not quite succeding ...

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Bobology said:

Only Jim Bob, uh, I mean jesus can tell him it's OK. And he's not simply Jed Duggar, he's now Jed look-I-really-am-old-enough-I-can-grow-whiskers Duggar. Jason, younger than Jed, has already shown us his whiskers, although as of this season of CO so far he has been shaving.

I believe Jim Bob used the "coin test" to decide whether to run for office, so I figured one of his little Y chromosomes might perform the same analysis.

• Upvote 4

Just watched the video Jed posted on his Instagram account one hour ago. In the description, he writes he’s gown up in the Springdale area all his life. That’s a Freudian slip right there, he’s grown up there and is an adult only in paper till now. 

Of course I know I splitting hair here, but when I read that sentence, I immediately felt it was odd. Normally, he should have just said he’s lived there all his life. 

• Upvote 9

How the hell is he going to "combat the opiate crisis"??? Lock up addicts? Send them to Jesus Rehab?

Yuck.

• Upvote 16

2 hours ago, Exposedknees said:

Jed is a jerk but he's doing something...All I'm saying is Let's all do what we can. Please vote.

Just quoting this bit, but your whole post is stellar. YES!!!!

I went to his website, and of course I disagree with 99% of what he stands for - we do agree on veteran-honoring policies. However, he is actively engaging, and I wish more people would do the same. Instead of saying "he's unqualified, he's scary, he's dumb, etc. etc. etc.", vote, run for office, engage in civil action. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, Shouldabeenacowboy said:

Instead of saying "he's unqualified, he's scary, he's dumb, etc. etc. etc.", vote, run for office, engage in civil action. 

These things aren't mutually exclusive. Actually, I would argue that it's just as important to be vocal about how scary and unqualified this guy is as it is to vote.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, JDuggs said:

The Duggar compound is in District 80 and Jessa/Ben live in District 86. I assume that the Duggars own some type of property in District 89, but they don’t live there now, that we know about. I’m also adding some maps of the Arkansas House districts. The Duggars live in the area where there is some representation by Democrats due to more liberal leaning voters around the University of Arkansas. There is also a large immigrant population in this area due to the chicken processing plants. The Duggar compound is represented by a Republican and the Seewalds by a Democrat.

1C9DD16B-9F94-442C-8003-AE8CFD18832C.jpeg

210CE454-ED87-4FC4-B6FC-65620315294C.jpeg

Ugh. Shirt! That is a lot of forking red. 

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

These things aren't mutually exclusive. Actually, I would argue that it's just as important to be vocal about how scary and unqualified this guy is as it is to vote.

Respectfully, I disagree.

I think that pointing out the lack of qualifications of the other side, instead of demonstrating own capabilities and more importantly, actions, is (one of) the reason(s) why the current president was elected. Or why the poor souls in Arkansas may end up being “blessed” (insert sarcasm here)  with Jed.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

9 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

So it's official: 

I'd be surprised if he can string together 3 coherent sentences about the opioid crisis or the economy.  Although as we know coherence is no longer required for politicians. ?

I'm sorry... Job growth? What exactly does a Duggar know about a regular J-O-B?

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 3

38 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

He’s talking about the Bible character Job. He’s hoping to spread that kind of pain and suffering to everyone. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 30
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Duggar job growth appears to be marrying, having babies, and pimping them out on TV for $$s.  Not sure how he'd apply that to non-Duggars, though.

• Upvote 12

I think he's just parroting conservative talking points, and has no real plans except to maintain the status quo (and if he can somehow manage to make obtaining an abortion even harder for Arkansas women in the process... well, I'm sure JB will give him a pat on the back. And maybe he can lord it over Josh).

• Upvote 19

Should we make a new topic for Jed? I can imagine we will discuss more about it in the future.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 20

Potentially unpopular opinion...I say leave the kid alone and let him run.  Let him show his ass.  Hopefully his Dem challenger sticks to the issues and her quals or else she’s going to look like she’s picking on him.

So he might win, but then what?  He’s completely unprepared and it will show. Boob didn’t serve very long in the state house and failed spectacularly at a senate run.  Jed will be more of the same. They will also get more public scrutiny, which I think is a good thing.

Duggars in state politics may just be the thing needed to keep them from higher political office in the long term.

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

So he might win, but then what?  He’s completely unprepared and it will show. 

I would say I agree, but I thought the same of Trump.

Edited by CarrotCake
  • Upvote 14
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 18

11 hours ago, Shouldabeenacowboy said:

Respectfully, I disagree.

I think that pointing out the lack of qualifications of the other side, instead of demonstrating own capabilities and more importantly, actions, is (one of) the reason(s) why the current president was elected. Or why the poor souls in Arkansas may end up being “blessed” (insert sarcasm here)  with Jed.

Again... things that are not mutually exclusive. I find this concept that we should not speak ill of the other side or even point out their lack of qualifications and only talk about why ‘our side’ is good very bizarre and counterintuitive. Like... the whole point of FJ, besides the snark aspect, is to bring to light the dangers of fundamentalism. Are we only supposed to talk about why non-fundamentalism is good? Hell, when I started lurking on FJ I thought this place was way too harsh, but it really worked at revealing the true rotten nature of fundamentalism to me, and I know I’m not the only one. So I also have to respectfully but strongly disagree with the sentiment you’re expressing here. It’s very important that people know the negatives of who they might vote for.

• Upvote 16

2 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Potentially unpopular opinion...I say leave the kid alone and let him run.  Let him show his ass.  Hopefully his Dem challenger sticks to the issues and her quals or else she’s going to look like she’s picking on him.

So he might win, but then what?  He’s completely unprepared and it will show. Boob didn’t serve very long in the state house and failed spectacularly at a senate run.  Jed will be more of the same. They will also get more public scrutiny, which I think is a good thing.

Duggars in state politics may just be the thing needed to keep them from higher political office in the long term.

I would like to agree, but I’m afraid Jed Duggar might not be as unprepared as we hope.

His family has long sought out the political stage, they have publicly endorsed and spent time campaigning for various politicians, Jed has the support and expertise of his entire family and he grew up oh tv, thus possibly knowing how to deal with cameras and the public eye rather well. All that gives him quite the advantage. Underestimating him might backfire so we should scrutinize him like we would any other aspiring right-wing politician. Let’s really hope he doesn’t get elected! 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

On 11/3/2019 at 1:45 AM, lumpentheologie said:

While I appreciate this sentiment and will totally donate to Godfrey, I just want to clarify that it's illegal for anyone other than American citizens to donate money to candidates in American elections. 

It is only illegal if you donate to a Democratic candidate, we've all seen that rules are only for democrats, republicans can literally commit campaign finance laws, obstruction of justice, treason etc.. and its just fine. 

• Upvote 17
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Again... things that are not mutually exclusive. I find this concept that we should not speak ill of the other side or even point out their lack of qualifications and only talk about why ‘our side’ is good very bizarre and counterintuitive. Like... the whole point of FJ, besides the snark aspect, is to bring to light the dangers of fundamentalism. Are we only supposed to talk about why non-fundamentalism is good? Hell, when I started lurking on FJ I thought this place was way too harsh, but it really worked at revealing the true rotten nature of fundamentalism to me, and I know I’m not the only one. So I also have to respectfully but strongly disagree with the sentiment you’re expressing here. It’s very important that people know the negatives of who they might vote for.

They aren’t necessarily mutually exclusive but in reality they usually (and increasingly) are. I mean I personally don’t know anyone engaging in local politics to effect change but I know a whole lot of complainers (myself included). It’s that sentiment that Obama was recently criticizing, this increasingly pervasive feeling that as long as I call someone out on the internet I can settle back and feel like I’ve done my part. But in reality that’s not how we effect real change. 

Edited by picklepizzas
Effect affect
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

51 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

They aren’t necessarily mutually exclusive but in reality they usually (and increasingly) are. I mean I personally don’t know anyone engaging in local politics to effect change but I know a whole lot of complainers (myself included). It’s that sentiment that Obama was recently criticizing, this increasingly pervasive feeling that as long as I call someone out on the internet I can settle back and feel like I’ve done my part. But in reality that’s not how we effect real change. 

Respectfully, pointing out the reasons why you believe a politician is unqualified or dangerous is not the same as cancel culture. It absolutely has a critical role in political discourse. Most people aren’t able to run for political office, but everyone can vote. I’m willing to bet that most of the people in this thread vote. People have also been pointing out all the positive things about Jed’s opponent. It would be an enormous mistake to silence ourselves out of some misguided notion that we have to be ‘above it’. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3

On 11/1/2019 at 11:20 PM, VBOY9977 said:

I found out that Megan Godfrey is a democrat, bilingual, has a degree in Spanish, a masters in education, and currently pursuing a PhD from UofArk. He’s is a 20 year old with 0 higher education and extremely questionable primary education. This is sad. 

22 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

It just makes me SO ANGRY that I'm in my mid-30s, have over a decade of work experience and almost a PhD, and I would feel pretty unqualified to run for anything except maybe school board, while this isolated, uneducated, inexperienced, anti-science child thinks he's in a position to be making laws for the rest of us. I think most of the blame for that still lies with JB & M, but Jed is quickly becoming my least-favorite unmarried Duggar. 

It just such a blatant example of their stunning entitlement. The Duggars and the Maxwells are just walking pinnacles of Dunning-Krueger. This functionally illiterate, bunk bed sleeping dipshit probably couldn't even get a 3 on an AP Government exam (I doubt he was even told what AP courses are) but he thinks he can go up against a 35 year old pursuing a PhD who has worked on her own since 2006.

Cause Daddy told him college is for sheeple and so none of her accomplishments mean anything compared to his Wisdom booklets. I mean, how do you get a PhD anyway? Fill in a couple worksheets about Planned Parenthood and call it a day, right? Also, she's a woman, so ya know...

Ugh, it's such a slap in the face of people who actually bust their ass to achieve real things in the real world outside of a reality TV show.

If he really wants to pursue politics though, his lack of education and any kind of military or real business experience will hurt him. I live in the D.C. area and it's freaking competitive. The "aw shucks I'm too down to earth for book learnin'" doesn't take you very far even with conservatives.  Of the two people I know who are serious about building careers in Republican politics, one went to Princeton for undergrad in poli sci and is currently going to law school at George Mason at age 24 while running a local non-profit he created. The other got a master's in international relations from Georgetown and did multiple tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan and is currently building up a list of writing credits with conservative publications and think tanks.

I'd feel bad for how badly all of the Duggars are going to crash and burn if they weren't such smug little shits about it. 

• Upvote 22
  • Love 5

Under qualified people run all the time really it's the people's job to pick the best candidate. Should he lose- in my opinion yes. But it's not illegal for him to run, just stupid  ?‍♀️ 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic