IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 38: What Can They Shill Next?

Coconut Flan

21 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

I agree. And I think they don’t frame it in their heads as controlling women, because for them the default is women are supposed to be under control, headship, authority whatever. And I think in their ideal theocracy, sexual activity should only happen between a man and woman in marriage and should always be open to reproduction. There’s no nuance there at all. 

Although, to some degree it is about controlling women -- and minorities and anyone else who might threaten the established white, male power structure.  The Dominionists are working to gain more government seats and they dress it up as being about their strong religious beliefs.  I think for most of them it has more to do with power than religion.  The more that you can sideline women with babies and childcare, the fewer will be in the workforce and involved in politics.  The more you can disenfranchise others, the easier it is to keep the status quo.  And the less women are involved in politics, the less they'll have to deal with pesky little things like social programs and healthcare.

• Upvote 13

I'm not where this should be posted, so decided to put it here

On Tumblr there are some speculation that Justin might be pre courting/ courting for a photo of him side hugging a girl as a profile pic in a review about a Duggar company 

Screenshot_20200123-050152_Tumblr.jpg

• Upvote 5

Yep, saw that on Reddit.  I suppose Justin has a ‘special friend’.  And if they’re trying to keep this under wraps, this is a big fail?

I suspected at least some of their positive business reviews are fake, and this profile seems to confirm this.  His only reviews are Jed’s junker lot and Jason’s construction or something business.

• Upvote 14

@Snarkasarus Rex you are nice than me about their positive review, i have long made up my mondo that the majority are fake...

if he indeed has a "special friend" I think they will come out around his 18 th bday as q couple and then a year or so between courtship and engagement so they will married when he will be almost 20 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

He leaves fake reviews as “Duddly Doright”?! (He’s a cartoon character from Rocky and Bullwinkle, if you don’t know.) What a dumbass.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 15

5 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

He leaves fake reviews as “Duddly Doright”?! (He’s a cartoon character from Rocky and Bullwinkle, if you don’t know.) What a dumbass.

And with his actual photo.  *facepalm* Using his actual photo when he's on TV no less.  

• Upvote 8

6 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

He didn't even spell Dudley right

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 13

13 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Well, now we're sure it's a Duggar behind that fake account!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 25

5 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

Probably didn’t want to be confused with a Dudley Dumbass already on the site.

• Haha 6

The Diggars are pretty boring right now. Must be about time for a scandal to break, a courtship, a pregnancy - something. They are all too quiet. What's up?

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

57 minutes ago, Not that josh's mom said:

The Diggars are pretty boring right now. Must be about time for a scandal to break, a courtship, a pregnancy - something. They are all too quiet. What's up?

I think something will be announced soon as well.  

They're simply not much fun to talk about unless they are up to no good.  Threads don't even get hot anymore when someone spawns.  

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

I think that either TLC tell them not to spill everything on social media so there’s at least some interest in the show or they are trying to negotiate a new deal so being coy. They are probably also busy deleting any pictures with Caleb Williams in them- especially if he’s anywhere near Jed! 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

On 1/21/2020 at 7:45 AM, SassyPants said:

So what does that mean for infertile women? If the seemly sole and most Godly purpose for women is to reproduce, why would God create an infertile woman? Is someone like Michaela Bates useless ?  If this is their true belief, how do fundies rationalize this cruelty, especially when for what we have seen, Michaela is one of the more motherly and obedient woman amongst the tribe? 

And what about the women who desperately want another child but are plagued with problems? A friend of mine has had several issues with trisonomy. She really wants another kid. She’s had several “abortions” because it was kinder to the fetus than bringing them into this world for more pain and suffering and eventually, death. 
This reminds me of the idiots in Georgia (was that the state? Was it Ohio? Was it both?) who insisted that ectopic pregnancies be saved. Saved how? That is not a viable pregnancy. Then those idiot politicians admitted that they didn’t know the medical side of the procedures they were attempting to legislate. Such utter bullshit.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

On 1/21/2020 at 10:45 AM, SassyPants said:

So what does that mean for infertile women? If the seemly sole and most Godly purpose for women is to reproduce, why would God create an infertile woman? Is someone like Michaela Bates useless ?  If this is their true belief, how do fundies rationalize this cruelty, especially when for what we have seen, Michaela is one of the more motherly and obedient woman amongst the tribe? 

Publicly, I suppose they’d say that it wasn’t God’s will for an infertile woman to have children, though privately, they’d be very confused, since they seem to think that being pregnant is the only purpose for a woman. Or they’d blame the woman for some kind of unconfessed sin that is making her infertile, since that seems to be the root of all problems. 

• Upvote 5

Depends on who you ask. There are definitely some fundies who think some women (or men) were cursed with infertility due to their disobedience to God. But that is not ALL fundies and we don't know if that's what the Duggars say behind closed doors. 

• Upvote 1

Cousin Amy posted this to her IG stories and I admit it made me chuckle.

Spoiler

8381CE1A-F3FA-4DDE-9F83-44CB66960DC6.thumb.png.30dae453c9134b285fc1dee8070c8a2b.png

Passive dig at the questionable safety practices of Fundie mega families.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 21
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

Cousin Amy posted this to her IG stories and I admit it made me chuckle.

Hide contents

8381CE1A-F3FA-4DDE-9F83-44CB66960DC6.thumb.png.30dae453c9134b285fc1dee8070c8a2b.png

Passive dig at the questionable safety practices of Fundie mega families.

I mean she's right, it would surprise exactly no one to discover that was one of her cousins. 

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1

Anna is promoting those face brushes again in her Insta stories. I have to say, she's doing a much better job than Lauren.

Still, I can't believe that ppl who are such holy Christian that they have to say shit like "neat" and "picknick eggs" are a-ok with working for a company called VANITY planet.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Paperplate said:

Anna is promoting those face brushes again in her Insta stories. I have to say, she's doing a much better job than Lauren.

Still, I can't believe that ppl who are such holy Christian that they have to say shit like "neat" and "picknick eggs" are a-ok with working for a company called VANITY planet.

Anything to promote the female countenance...they think it immunizes them against NIKE, ?

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Paperplate said:

"picknick eggs"

That's the Maxwells.  The Duggars call them "yellow pocket Angel eggs."  

Can you blame either family, though?  If they called them devilled eggs they would conjure Satan.  My source:  My daughter loves devilled eggs and she has a career and her own place with her BF.  How could that have happened if not for Satan conjuring via appetizer?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

"yellow pocket Angel eggs."

Seriously?!?! :562479351e8d1_wtf(2):

I also later realised it's spelled "picnic" but I couldn't edit the post anymore. That word has always been confusing to me...

1 minute ago, Paperplate said:

Seriously?!?! :562479351e8d1_wtf(2):

I also later realised it's spelled "picnic" but I couldn't edit the post anymore. That word has always been confusing to me...

In the Duggar Family Forum there is a post with it in the title that discusses it.

It's now what I call them, too, because I enjoy when my kids roll their eyes at me and call me a dork.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic