IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 38: What Can They Shill Next?

Coconut Flan

On his website, Jed says he "owns his own business".  It looks like he's on the car lot.  Didn't Jim Boob start that and then let Josh run it?  How is that "owning his own business"???  He keeps noting that he is pro-life and pro-Second Amendment.  Ugh.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, Xan said:

On his website, Jed says he "owns his own business".  It looks like he's on the car lot.  Didn't Jim Boob start that and then let Josh run it?  How is that "owning his own business"???  He keeps noting that he is pro-life and pro-Second Amendment.  Ugh.

I’m sure he “owns his own business” in the same way that Jana is a “concert pianist” and the Duggar children “love reading”.

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 9

Notice he “owns his own business” not he “started his own business”.  It’s not that hard to be a business owner when someone gives you a business (or a million dollars).

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
  • Upvote 20
  • I Agree 4

21 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

It just makes me SO ANGRY that I'm in my mid-30s, have over a decade of work experience and almost a PhD, and I would feel pretty unqualified to run for anything except maybe school board, while this isolated, uneducated, inexperienced, anti-science child thinks he's in a position to be making laws for the rest of us. I think most of the blame for that still lies with JB & M, but Jed is quickly becoming my least-favorite unmarried Duggar. 

Unfortunately, I reckon that more often than not, it’s people with a certain level of confidence who decide to run for office, and not necessarily people who have qualifications that might help them actually serve their constituents. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

He sounds like he’s running for US office, not state, although I’m sure that’s a future goal.  

Hey Jed...how about focusing on the stuff that’s unique/specific to your district?  Oh that’s right, you have no clue what that is.

Are you even allowed to use the internet without Jana or Hannie watching?

• Upvote 16

I wonder what this means for his courting outlook?  Can we assume he'll be married with kids by then?  Maybe a couple of kids?

• Upvote 7

In my state you've got to be 25 to qualify for the state legislature, and honestly the idea of 25-year-olds running things scares the shit out of me, as someone not that far removed from 25. 21 is ridiculous.

People need to take state politics more seriously. It's not the farm team for national politics, it's a matter of life-or-death importance for the people who live in that state. If Jed wins this seat he will be casting votes on how schools are run, who gets health care, what gets dumped into rivers, what kind of safety standards buildings and machinery must meet, etc. How entitled and ignorant he must be to think that he has the expertise to make those decisions.

• Upvote 35
  • Downvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Are you even allowed to use the internet without Jana or Hannie watching?

This is so true! Can you imagine having an elected official who can’t use the fucking Internet cause his mommy and daddy want to control him????? This is insane! How can anyone even contemplate voting for him? In case he gets elected (let’s hope he doesn’t!) does he need to bring a chaperone to his office? Will one of his little siblings become an “intern” and tag along every single day? 

Also, why doesn’t he focus on issues particular and important to his own demographic? He’s a young guy, he should be able to know about and emphasize with the struggles and needs of other young Americans. Had he grown up differently, he might actually have something meaningful to say. Someone young discussing the stress college tuition puts on high school graduates, the need for sex ed at school, and talking about job creation in a particular area so young people can find employment, for instance, might resonate with people going through the same thing. 

But of course he just runs on genetic Christian-right topics. So he mentions being “pro life” (hate the term, should be pro birth) but has no fucking clue about raising a family. He has never dated and discussed family planning and contraception. He’s never had a girlfriend whose medical freedom  was at risk. In short: HE KNOWS NOTHING! 

25 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Did he flip a coin three times, and get heads, to tell him it's OK to run?

I’m sure his parents prayed about it and as he has a servant’s heart, he wants to use his gifts to work for his sweet community by offering to carry this great burden of political responsibility. Or... that’s how I’d bet good money his family will frame it. 

• Upvote 25
  • Disgust 1
  • Love 3

Long time lurker, 1st time poster. I don’t live in the US but doesn’t it mean the TV show should be off air if he’s featured? It’s basically free advertising & unfair on other candidates? 

• Upvote 23

I'm curious to hear more about how he intends to "combat the opioid crisis." Maybe I'm being uncharitable, but I highly suspect that his plan is to funnel state money towards unregulated religious "treatment" programs, while making it harder for the real professionals to use the harm-reduction practices that actually work. At least that's how it usually goes with right-wingers where I live.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 6

22 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

I wonder what this means for his courting outlook?  Can we assume he'll be married with kids by then?  Maybe a couple of kids?

My guess is he will be courting shortly, married not long after, and a pregnancy likely by the election.  It will make him seem older.  Besides, it might be a little awkward to have Jackson following while he's gripping and grinning,  

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

Hey if an unqualified candidate that inherited a business from his daddy (and went into bankruptcy multiple times) and  was a TV reality star can become President then why the heck not? ?

• Upvote 13
  • Sad 9
  • Rufus Bless 4

I would think that the fact that the Duggars have been critical and even litigious with their local government entities could hurt them. I can also imagine them being unpopular with the conservatives that want to shy away from the image that the Duggars invoke. 

Hopefully!!!

• Upvote 12

2 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

I would think that the fact that the Duggars have been critical and even litigious with their local government entities could hurt them.

You know, that completely slipped my mind.  Even though they might be politically aligned with the Duggars, people may not want anything to do with them because of how they've publicly maligned the city.  But Boob has no self-awareness and probably isn't considering how his past actions will hurt Jed. And it's not like Jed will be able to distance himself from Boob...he'll be on him like white on rice at any public engagements.  

I wonder if he'll get a Republican challenger?  Or did he get the jump on a potential challenger?

• Upvote 12

It will be interesting to see if Anna is publicly supportive- presumably this should have been Josh’s gig- will Jed want public endorsement from them? 

• Upvote 5

Didn't John-David do this too when he was about this age or a year older? He lost. Oh yeah, and there was nothing about him "being in love" though he had a Facebook fan club going. And he didn't get married for at least 5 more years.

We'll see what happens. And if it gets on the show.

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

It will be interesting to see if Anna is publicly supportive- presumably this should have been Josh’s gig- will Jed want public endorsement from them? 

That’s what I thought! I guess JB’s “original master plan” was to prepare Josh for public office. Ironically, hadn’t the Duggars pushed him into an early courtship and young fatherhood but allowed him to date, this plan might have actually worked. But given the scandal, I’d be surprised if Josh publicly endorses his brother and Anna does more than possibly posting something on Instagram. And if she does, I assume it will be in the context of a birthday post or something. 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Did he flip a coin three times, and get heads, to tell him it's OK to run?

Only Jim Bob, uh, I mean jesus can tell him it's OK. And he's not simply Jed Duggar, he's now Jed look-I-really-am-old-enough-I-can-grow-whiskers Duggar. Jason, younger than Jed, has already shown us his whiskers, although as of this season of CO so far he has been shaving.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

Long time lurker, 1st time poster. I don’t live in the US but doesn’t it mean the TV show should be off air if he’s featured? It’s basically free advertising & unfair on other candidates? 

I think it’s okay as long as he’s not featured in episodes that air during the campaign. Hopefully he’ll lose in the primary and this will only last a few months.

• Upvote 7

The Duggar compound is in District 80 and Jessa/Ben live in District 86. I assume that the Duggars own some type of property in District 89, but they don’t live there now, that we know about. I’m also adding some maps of the Arkansas House districts. The Duggars live in the area where there is some representation by Democrats due to more liberal leaning voters around the University of Arkansas. There is also a large immigrant population in this area due to the chicken processing plants. The Duggar compound is represented by a Republican and the Seewalds by a Democrat.

1C9DD16B-9F94-442C-8003-AE8CFD18832C.jpeg

210CE454-ED87-4FC4-B6FC-65620315294C.jpeg

Edited by JDuggs
Add something. District 89 is the little one to the north of that small group.
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 15

I guess this is the part where we wait to see if the people of Arkansas want to be represented by an infantilized 20 year old with a child-touching brother. Knew I should have stocked up on popcorn.

I do live the pro life, pro 2nd amendment stance. Have babies so there are more targets to shoot at, I guess?

• Upvote 8

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic