IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 38: What Can They Shill Next?

Coconut Flan

4 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

It just such a blatant example of their stunning entitlement. The Duggars and the Maxwells are just walking pinnacles of Dunning-Krueger. This functionally illiterate, bunk bed sleeping dipshit probably couldn't even get a 3 on an AP Government exam (I doubt he was even told what AP courses are) but he thinks he can go up against a 35 year old pursuing a PhD who has worked on her own since 2006.

And to add to the hubris, he doesn't even live in the district! He really thinks he should just have this seat handed to him because he has a dick and a Bible. The real problem is a lot of other people probably do too. ?

7 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

If he really wants to pursue politics though, his lack of education and any kind of military or real business experience will hurt him. I live in the D.C. area and it's freaking competitive. The "aw shucks I'm too down to earth for book learnin'" doesn't take you very far even with conservatives.

I wonder how true this is outside of urban areas.  I grew up in a pretty low-density area, and there were a lot of people there who thought going to college (esp for anything not clearly vocational) pretty much made you a snobby liberal. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 2

I seem to recall an article way back when that said that when JB was a representative, he only showed up for votes about abortion (and how many times could that have been in 2000s Arkansas?). I wonder if Jed would be the same way. It’s not like he’s been raised with any consideration towards other people, so his constituents wouldn’t be any different.

• Upvote 13

I feel like when the Duggars get too involved in politics, that’s when the scandals come out. So I guess let’s see what happens!

also, his opponent seems awesome and I will definitely be donating. 

• Upvote 7

49 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I seem to recall an article way back when that said that when JB was a representative, he only showed up for votes about abortion (and how many times could that have been in 2000s Arkansas?). I wonder if Jed would be the same way. It’s not like he’s been raised with any consideration towards other people, so his constituents wouldn’t be any different.

And wasn’t it also noted that he generally brought a kid or 2 with him when he did show up? 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, nausicaa said:

If he really wants to pursue politics though, his lack of education and any kind of military or real business experience will hurt him. I live in the D.C. area and it's freaking competitive. The "aw shucks I'm too down to earth for book learnin'" doesn't take you very far even with conservatives.

This reminds me of Joshley when he was headed for the FRC.   Of course we know how that ended, but at the time, he thought he was going to set the world on fire when he had no education, no professional experience, no work ethic it was all on his family name.  He landed that by pure luck (or stupidity on part of the FRC, they must regret it now) and I am still convinced that there was a lot of snickering / fuming going on in the FRC offices the day he showed up with his flip-flop wearing sisters in tow.  Even if it were not for Joshgate 1.0 bringing an unexpected end to his political "career" such as it was, he would have flamed out eventually.  He did not have the qualifications to succeed.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

I wonder how true this is outside of urban areas.  I grew up in a pretty low-density area, and there were a lot of people there who thought going to college (esp for anything not clearly vocational) pretty much made you a snobby liberal. 

Oh, I definitely think there's constituents who think that. But if he actually wants to pursue a long term career in politics, especially anything on the national level, he won't be able to break in with the insiders with his current credentials. 

But, he's a Duggar. So he'll probably just half ass things for a year or so and then quit when anything more is required for him. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4

Yeah, anybody can run in this country, and sometimes that's great and sometimes that's awful. I think really what drives me nutty about this is that it's like a repeat of the 2016 presidential election. Uber-qualified woman running against some dumbass guy with a famous name, and even if he doesn't win, he will probably get further than he really deserves. Just because anybody can run doesn't mean anybody should run, and Jed Duggar definitely should not run. And even if he wins and doesn't do much of anything, he still is doing damage by removing a qualified person who could've affected positive change and replacing her with a useless load.

• Upvote 21
  • Love 1

Maybe one of the debates will entail a spelling bee?

This really makes me wonder about Duggar finances, 'cause political campaigns are very expensive.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

There’s still another week for candidates to file. Megan Godfrey beat the previous incumbent, Jeff Williams, by only 29 votes! Maybe he’ll want to run again.

• Upvote 2

If he doesn't live in the district he's running in why on earth is he running there?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

I used to work in the Missouri legislature and there were plenty of representatives who did not have degrees or military service. The position means you’ll work 2-5 days a week from January-may, so traditional jobs are hard to continue, but the salary is 35k plus per diem and mileage. So there are oodles of them who are “consultants” of some form and don’t really have other jobs. 

Caleb Rowden was a Missouri rep who got elected in his 20s with just a couple semesters of college and a few years as a Christian recording artist on his resume. He then got elected to the state senate in 16 and is now in leadership in that body. I’m sure he’s got his sight set on higher office.

Congressman Billy Long from Southwest MO did some college, but doesn’t have a degree either. He’s an auctioneer. And the Jon Stewart impression of Billy Long is forever a favorite of mine.

Jed’s age and apparent lack of connections in the district are probably bigger hindrances than the lack of education. One day as a page is laughable! Also the dpi must be decent for the democratic incumbent. Hopefully the incumbent isn’t term limited. I don’t know the rules in AR.

I’m more interested in the fact that he’s claiming to live in the district. Are the Duggar kidults not actually #safeathome? I wonder how long he has to attest to residing in the district and if he has been registered there for the last election.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 4

The address he filed under is in district 89. Who knows if he actually lives there, however.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

For someone with better skills than me, doesn't Jason own a house? Where is that? could Jedidiah be using Jason's address if it's in district 89?

• Upvote 3

There are plenty of people who don't have a formal education who are well qualified to serve in public office, but Jed sure isn't one of them. And in our political climate being a total asshole obviously doesn't disqualify anyone either.
I sort of get the impression, though, that the Duggars really aren't that popular in the area, so that might help.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

Arkansas has good online public records. I’m not going to post the address, but the house that Jed listed as his address is owned by Tom and Robin Joseph. It appears to have been a rental in the past (as recently as August). Presumably Jed is renting it to live in the district. I can’t wait for someone to ask him whether he’s lying about where he lives or the Duggars actually let one of their unmarried children move out!

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 5

6 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Maybe his twin got to move with him. Two young men alone. The horror.

OK, I only follow the Duggars here, and Google once in a while, so let me get this straight. Tontitown is in the 88th district. Jed is running for a seat in the 89th, so his family arranged a quicky move to a property they own so he could run there (I'm kind of surprised they didn't arrange a quicky marriage to make it look better.) Is the car dealership he "owns" in the 89th? Did they target that district because it currently is represented by an educated female libtard? Or because, as I'm kind of led to understand but really have no idea, the family is actually pretty unpopular in the actual town but his "message" will appeal to nearby voters?
IF they have a candidate's debate there I would pay to see it. And I'm really poor. Aside from everything else, I'd love to see him challenged on how faith-based rehab will solve the opiate crisis when we all know how well it worked for his brother.

Edited by patsymae
  • Upvote 11

I doubt Jed will even win in the primary to run against the incumbent. I am sure some other Republican will beat him. Other Republican candidates aren’t going to roll over because an uneducated Duggar with no life experience is seeking the seat. They will be the first to point out his lack of qualifications.  The incumbent Democrat doesn’t need to say a word about him unless she actually meets him in the general election. I would pay to see him debate, even other republicans. No way can he be trained to come off well during a debate where some knowledge of the issues is necessary. He is being set up to look like a fool. 

• Upvote 11

19 minutes ago, socalrules said:

I doubt Jed will even win in the primary to run against the incumbent. I am sure some other Republican will beat him. Other Republican candidates aren’t going to roll over because an uneducated Duggar with no life experience is seeking the seat. They will be the first to point out his lack of qualifications.  The incumbent Democrat doesn’t need to say a word about him unless she actually meets him in the general election. I would pay to see him debate, even other republicans. No way can he be trained to come off well during a debate where some knowledge of the issues is necessary. He is being set up to look like a fool. 

Now that you mention it, his "platform" is probably shared by many better qualified right wingers. I'd still love to see him head to head with--just about anybody.

• Upvote 7

I think Boob chose this district because they don’t expect a Republican challenger, and the incumbent won by a very narrow margin.  If there was a serious challenger, they would have announced already.  To be on the primary ballot, you have to file between 4 and 12 Nov.

• Upvote 8

11 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

And to add to the hubris, he doesn't even live in the district! He really thinks he should just have this seat handed to him because he has a dick and a Bible. The real problem is a lot of other people probably do too. ?

People in my area did! They voted in a guy who is about 40, left the district as soon as he graduated high school, moved back a month before he declared his candidacy and had never voted in an election before. But he has a dick, said he believes in the Bible, and he’s pro guns. 

• Sad 6
  • WTF 5

3 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I think Boob chose this district because they don’t expect a Republican challenger, and the incumbent won by a very narrow margin.  If there was a serious challenger, they would have announced already.  To be on the primary ballot, you have to file between 4 and 12 Nov.

I definitely agree they likely picked it not expecting an incumbent. But what's still possible from what I can tell is you could get a less serious but more qualified incumbent who sees Jed as the only challenge and decides to toss their hat in. 

If I was a younger (say under 30) Republican in the district with my eye on politics who was planning on running in the future but saw that my only competition if I ran now was a 21 year old home schooled reality tv personality with little to no relevant experience? I would seriously be considering changing my plans to run early. Just because no one was planning a run doesn't mean no one will go ahead and run. 

Also keeping in mind that (if I've found the right Jeff Williams) he may have only lost by 29 votes but had a Bachelors of Science, served in the United States Army and had a fair bit of other experience. I'm not saying less qualified candidates never get elected they do all the time, politics is a fickle mistress. I also know nothing about the popularity of the incumbent. But from my very limited knowledge I'm not comfortable saying he's going to have an easy peasy race. 

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, LacyMay said:

I definitely agree they likely picked it not expecting an incumbent. But what's still possible from what I can tell is you could get a less serious but more qualified incumbent who sees Jed as the only challenge and decides to toss their hat in. 

If I was a younger (say under 30) Republican in the district with my eye on politics who was planning on running in the future but saw that my only competition if I ran now was a 21 year old home schooled reality tv personality with little to no relevant experience? I would seriously be considering changing my plans to run early. Just because no one was planning a run doesn't mean no one will go ahead and run. 

Also keeping in mind that (if I've found the right Jeff Williams) he may have only lost by 29 votes but had a Bachelors of Science, served in the United States Army and had a fair bit of other experience. I'm not saying less qualified candidates never get elected they do all the time, politics is a fickle mistress. I also know nothing about the popularity of the incumbent. But from my very limited knowledge I'm not comfortable saying he's going to have an easy peasy race. 

An incumbent is the person who currently holds the office.   Are you saying they didn't think the democratic incumbent wouldn't run again?  Not being snarky,  genuinely asking. 

• Upvote 3

They picked the district because the incumbent is vulnerable, not because there isn’t one. They seem to have gotten the local Republican Party to unofficially make Jed the nominee- no one else is running in the primary. The Duggars do not own the rental house.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

Anna posted a picture of them packing operation Christmas child boxes. 

The Duggars are so good at charity work that harms rather than helps. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic