IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 38: What Can They Shill Next?

Coconut Flan

11 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

If Jed and Jer move in together separate from their family, who is going to do their laundry, cook their dinner and clean up after them? 

They’ll eat at the TTH while a sister does their laundry. Jana will stop by occasionally to clean and update the seasonal decor.

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

13 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

If Jed and Jer move in together separate from their family, who is going to do their laundry, cook their dinner and clean up after them? 

Jer didn't move in with Jed. Jed's latest IG post said it was great meeting with Her for lunch. If he's actually loving there, Jason is his likely roomie. That said, I don't think he's living there. I bet he's subletting the place so he's not out $995/mo.

• Upvote 4

21 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

They will bring their laundry to the TTH, they will do take-out or eat at the TTH and they will have one of the girls come over for cleaning once a week. Of course.

• Upvote 9

On 11/14/2019 at 11:24 PM, CarrotCake said:

They will bring their laundry to the TTH, they will do take-out or eat at the TTH and they will have one of the girls come over for cleaning once a week. Of course.

Once a week? Everyday if Jana is home. Women gotta know their place! 

• Upvote 4

• 1 month later...

Happy Birthday to the forgotten Duggar, Jordyn.  I hope at least one of your parents gives you a little attention today and can describe you better than 'sweet' and 'has a servant's heart'.  

• Upvote 16

57 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

Happy Birthday to the forgotten Duggar, Jordyn.  I hope at least one of your parents gives you a little attention today and can describe you better than 'sweet' and 'has a servant's heart'.  

Oh, give them a little credit. They might throw in a “you’re such a blessing to our family!”. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

37 minutes ago, Bobology said:

Is jordyn old enough to be a "godly young lady" yet? They use that a lot.

Not yet, but she got a chocolate mess and a birthday shout out that reads like she's a family friend, not a treasured child. ?

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
  • Upvote 7

Dolly Parton fell in love with Jordan.  Selfish Michelle should have left her with Dolly, Jordan would be a very different child.  You know, like happy.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

I read the birthday message to Jordyn on the DFO facebook page and thought "Well that wasn't too bad, they've actually made some effort this time", and then I scrolled down and saw Josie's birthday message from last week...and wow. They're not even trying to make it look like Jordyn is as special as precious miracle Josie. Just the fact that every. single. sentence. in Josie's message ends with at least one exclamation point and actually portrays some personality. Jordyn's reads as if someone has written and re-written every sentence several times because they've been struggling to come up with what to write.

Josie gets to hear how her parents "give special thanks to God" that she's here and that "God has great plans" for her, while Jordyn gets to hear that "it was fun to go out to lunch with you today"? FFS.

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 6
  • Love 1

I could be wrong, but isn't Jordyn with Joy this week? I personally saw all of the girls with Joy a few days ago. I *thought* I saw on Joy's IG that she was keeping them until Friday. I might be wrong, I don't actually follow her I just look now and then. ? If that is the case, has Jordyn even spent any of her time with her parents? I don't know how close Joy lives, how often she visits, etc. and I could be wrong about the whole thing.

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...

Showing their true colors once again. I thought the Duggars were more media savvy than this... ?

From what I can see, most of the comments are pro choice or from "mind your own business" types, which is heartening!

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 1

There needs to be an astrix next to their God image part because we know for them that doesn't apply to children still stuck in cages or any children that are not white and Christian.

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 1

Somehow it always makes me more angry to see a man standing besides signs such as these. I will never believe that men would accept to be forced to go through an unwanted pregnancy for 9 months, endure all the changes in your body, and be forced to give birth (and be cut open down there/stitched up etc.) I just can't believe that.

Edited by Timetraveler
  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

Just stating the obvious, but why should anyone except the PG woman get to decide what a woman must do with her body? Why should anyone except the person who bears all the responsibility and risks have any say at all?  What next, our neighbors or politicians deciding who gets a tonsillectomy and who doesn’t? Should women get to legislate who should get a vasectomy and when?  If I had a voice, JB would have been legislated the big V about 12 kids ago, right about the time his wife was having a laundry room meltdown-

• Upvote 19

13 hours ago, indianabones said:

Showing their true colors once again. I thought the Duggars were more media savvy than this... ?

From what I can see, most of the comments are pro choice or from "mind your own business" types, which is heartening!

And if they finally got abortions outlawed, what next?  Because there would be a "next".  These force-birthers have to feel more Godly and superior to everyone else.  Would they all start to police women's clothing?  Would they make it illegal for us to work or own property?  

It's only about controlling women.  It always has been.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 18

I agree. And I think they don’t frame it in their heads as controlling women, because for them the default is women are supposed to be under control, headship, authority whatever. And I think in their ideal theocracy, sexual activity should only happen between a man and woman in marriage and should always be open to reproduction. There’s no nuance there at all. 

Which is why I think in their minds it’s always about the baby because it really doesn’t compute any other way if that makes sense. Nothing else factors in. Another reason there’s such polarization - it’s like speaking two different languages at each other. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

17 hours ago, indianabones said:

Many things about this picture piss me right off but one of my first thoughts was that this is the only time the little girls get any attention from TheBoob and Mechelle.

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, sixcatatty said:

Many things about this picture piss me right off but one of my first thoughts was that this is the only time the little girls get any attention from TheBoob and Mechelle.

Very true, and also I noticed Precious Miracle Josie Duggar isn't in that photo so that's probably also the only time the girls get attention from either parent without her. 

• Upvote 11

6 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

I agree. And I think they don’t frame it in their heads as controlling women, because for them the default is women are supposed to be under control, headship, authority whatever. And I think in their ideal theocracy, sexual activity should only happen between a man and woman in marriage and should always be open to reproduction. There’s no nuance there at all. 

Which is why I think in their minds it’s always about the baby because it really doesn’t compute any other way if that makes sense. Nothing else factors in. Another reason there’s such polarization - it’s like speaking two different languages at each other. 

Bolded: it took me a while to understand that but you nailed it.

The Duggars and other pro-life religious fundamentalist want to police people's life.

In their perfect world, intercourse should be done only within mariage, for the purpose of having children. Nothing else. I would also guess that in their mindset, birth control should not even exist, because sexual intercourse would be for reproduction. And the same for abortion.

I completly agree that no one can decide if another person should undergo any kind of procedure regarding their body. But I think those arguments will never work with these pro-life religious fundamentalists. Because they believe the godly role of a women is to give birth and reproduce (and we should be happy about that because it is ordained to us from above!!).  So no choice. God wants it. You got to obey. They basically want women to follow the submissive path chosen for them and that is it. No agency on your life and your body. And everyone should follow that path: get married young, find a husband to provide, be a submissive helpmeet, etc. If women followed that path, abortion wouldn't be needed in the first place. 

I never want to cut the Duggars any slack. Because deep down, they don't want women to have any control on their lives. Women cannot have dreams, aspirations or desires that are different than what they judge is right. And yeah, it makes me damn mad.

• Upvote 15

I keep saying this, but making abortion illegal will only send it underground. Those with money will find a safe way, poorer women will be at the mercy of unsafe abortions. They do realize that the 7 week fetus is the size of a blueberry, don't they? Pro choice is just that. It's not mandatory abortion, it's about a woman being able to make an informed choice.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

Those people are all action and no words. How are they gonna help those women who might be poor, or have suffered abuse when they are forced to go through a pregnancy? How are they gonna make sure those babies get adopted into the right families? Or what about severely disabled children, how are they gonna make sure they get the best life, and the best care and/or  schooling? 

Tell me Duggars, what is your plan? 

• Upvote 12

10 hours ago, Vivi_music said:

Bolded: it took me a while to understand that but you nailed it.

The Duggars and other pro-life religious fundamentalist want to police people's life.

In their perfect world, intercourse should be done only within mariage, for the purpose of having children. Nothing else. I would also guess that in their mindset, birth control should not even exist, because sexual intercourse would be for reproduction. And the same for abortion.

I completly agree that no one can decide if another person should undergo any kind of procedure regarding their body. But I think those arguments will never work with these pro-life religious fundamentalists. Because they believe the godly role of a women is to give birth and reproduce (and we should be happy about that because it is ordained to us from above!!).  So no choice. God wants it. You got to obey. They basically want women to follow the submissive path chosen for them and that is it. No agency on your life and your body. And everyone should follow that path: get married young, find a husband to provide, be a submissive helpmeet, etc. If women followed that path, abortion wouldn't be needed in the first place. 

I never want to cut the Duggars any slack. Because deep down, they don't want women to have any control on their lives. Women cannot have dreams, aspirations or desires that are different than what they judge is right. And yeah, it makes me damn mad.

So what does that mean for infertile women? If the seemly sole and most Godly purpose for women is to reproduce, why would God create an infertile woman? Is someone like Michaela Bates useless ?  If this is their true belief, how do fundies rationalize this cruelty, especially when for what we have seen, Michaela is one of the more motherly and obedient woman amongst the tribe? 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

Just conjecturing here: I think Gothard And IBLP may say it’s because of sin. Or I imagine they look at the biblical stories of God opening and closing the womb...so maybe a special purpose/spiritual benefit in infertility? Kind of like how the f-Ed up teaching says God allowing you to be a victim of sexual abuse gives you spiritual strength?

Also I imagine in regards to prolife campaigning it’s a non issue. Their logic is focused on those who can conceive so different frameworks.

In a small sense the evangelical church is like this: much of “women’s ministry” is focused around marriage and children. If you ask someone directly of course they’d say singles/windows/infertile women have value and s place but actions show different?

Again, personally, I think it’s a non compute. They’re campaigning for babies. The woman doesn’t factor into it at all, so  infertility is irrelevant here...

Edited by neuroticcat
  • Upvote 8

1 hour ago, neuroticcat said:

Just conjecturing here: I think Gothard And IBLP may say it’s because of sin. Or I imagine they look at the biblical stories of God opening and closing the womb...so maybe a special purpose/spiritual benefit in infertility? Kind of like how the f-Ed up teaching says God allowing you to be a victim of sexual abuse gives you spiritual strength?

Also I imagine in regards to prolife campaigning it’s a non issue. Their logic is focused on those who can conceive so different frameworks.

In a small sense the evangelical church is like this: much of “women’s ministry” is focused around marriage and children. If you ask someone directly of course they’d say singles/windows/infertile women have value and s place but actions show different?

Again, personally, I think it’s a non compute. They’re campaigning for babies. The woman doesn’t factor into it at all, so  infertility is irrelevant here...

In terms of the woman not factoring in, OMFG...the lack of that logic is just, no words. You can not campaign for babies while disregarding the mother.

• Upvote 4

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic