IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 38: What Can They Shill Next?

Coconut Flan

I need an eye rolling emjoy as a reaction button, Mechelle and Jb doing talking heads again really deserve it! The kidult could be annoying but M and Jb are insufferable (at least for me) 

Wasn't CO about the adult children? Oh right they do everything as a unit. Silly me in hoping something will ever change in the family

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

I'm pretty shocked that they're addressing Jinger wearing pants. I'm sure it'll go over as Michelle saying that Jinger can do whatever her headship approves of, and they edited tears in from some other other question (something about Grandma Duggar?) but I thought TLC would avoid the topic all together.

No footage in the trailer of Joy's pregnancy loss. Hopefully they learned from the backlash of using all that stuff about Lauren's last season.

Everything about watching the grandkids makes it look like TLC is trying to recreate the hayday of the early seasons of 19 Kids and Counting, especially whenever Jim Bob was "babysitting" the howlers and lost girls when Michelle was out of town. So dumb. Just another generation of kids born to be exploited on reality TV without any ability to consent.

• Upvote 18

1 hour ago, indianabones said:

No footage in the trailer of Joy's pregnancy loss. Hopefully they learned from the backlash of using all that stuff about Lauren's last season.

I'm betting it will be a Very, Very Special Episode. Maybe after this season ends.  

We've got the kids sobbing over Grandma's open casket this season.  They'll definitely want to top that.  TLC doesn't care about backlashes or tastelessness.  Not if it increases potential viewership.    

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, xenobia said:

According to the Counting On FB-page, they will be back with another season, starting Tuesday October 15 at 9/8c.

i actually watched it this am at the office. 
nothing says fun when watching a counting on promo with no sound and discovering that Jinger cries about being shunned for wearing pants when Michelle is sitting right next to her and not comforting her. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I'm betting it will be a Very, Very Special Episode. Maybe after this season ends.  

We've got the kids sobbing over Grandma's open casket this season.  They'll definitely want to top that.  TLC doesn't care about backlashes or tastelessness.  Not if it increases potential viewership.    

It's possible that they filmed all the promo footage pre Joy's loss. Since the show operates on Duggar time (6-12 months behind) it looks like most of the promo footage (announcements, Ivy's birth, the funeral) went up to mid June at the latest. 

I will say in the clip how Abbie told the other girls she was expecting was kind of cute. 

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, nst said:

i actually watched it this am at the office. 
nothing says fun when watching a counting on promo with no sound and discovering that Jinger cries about being shunned for wearing pants when Michelle is sitting right next to her and not comforting her. 

I think they didn’t even succeed to make it look the tiniest bit dramatic.

They are sitting close together and Michelle smiles lovingly (she looks actually as if she cares). Everyone knows Jinger and Jeremy are still attending family events and have been around the family even when the pants got tighter and shorter. We probably will be fed a story about how her patent helped her to realise that the conviction of wearing skirts only is a personal one and if she prays about it it’s absolutely fine to come to another result.

If there is any rift it’s definitely not about the pants but rather that Jeremy embraces a very hipster way of fundamentalism and doesn’t take a backseat to JB empire. I am not sure how much his theological interpretations differ from the Duggars but I think Ben‘s did a lot at one point and this wasn’t a problem- at least as far as I am aware. And if there is a rift we won’t hear about it if the Voulos don’t spill it. The Duggars certainly won’t.

• Upvote 6

I'm glad they're addressing it, even as a storyline on the show.  I don't think they're going to say anything new though.  It will be some line about once they're out of the house, different headship- same patriarchy... 

Maybe the 2nd gen will address birth control next?  ?

• Upvote 4

I see Anna is back on the show in the trailer, I wonder if she will feature more heavily this season. Jill is also on the show again as we saw from Ivy's birth episode. I just hope this isn't TLC experimenting and trying to get Josh on the show. Oh the outrage that will cause! I wonder why they didn't include Amy in the part about the babies. 

They will probably at least mention the loss of Annabell. I just hope it isn't a whole episode. If that footage was filmed it should be locked left unedited and given to Austin and Joy so they can decide what they want to do with it. The ratings are quite low though so they probably will air the whole thing. 

Finally addressing the wearing pants situation too. A long time coming after being ignored for so long. 

Can someone put the episodes on YouTube as usual please. Not sure if it is someone on here who does it but if you can that would be great. Doesn't start in the UK until the 21st. 

• Upvote 7

LOL at Spurgeon biting Meredith's (?) ear in the trailer.

Way too much M&JB in this thing. But it's not like I was going to watch it anyway.

I doubt the pants convo will be anything too interesting if I know my TLC, but those kinds of questions are at least approaching an interesting realm. Actual questions about what they believe and how the Counting On gen might be the same or different from the parents is far more interesting than six baby announcements for pregnancies we've known about for months and months.

ETA: if Jessa says she is "shocked" that a sister or sister in law is pregnant one more time, I am going to lose it

Edited by theotherelise
*shocked*
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

5 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

@jillsdopplerofdoom they’ve been in the background before. I guess it’s not considered being part of the show if they’re not paid and don’t do talking heads.

But they don't usually talk. In the trailer it looked like Anna was actually telling Joy and Lauren that she was pregnant so I wonder whether we will hear Anna talk. They didn't mention Anna's pregnancy with Mason so I find it odd they have mentioned her pregnancy with M6 unless they are going to start reintroducing her (and possibly Jill) into the show to see what the reaction from the public is. 

• Upvote 2

I dont get the whole pants vs skirt thing. Pants IMO are far more modest than skirts any day of the week! You dont have to worry about flashing skin or underwear.

Especially for young girls, nothing modest about flashing your underwear!

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, jillsdopplerofdoom said:

Can someone put the episodes on YouTube as usual please. Not sure if it is someone on here who does it but if you can that would be great. Doesn't start in the UK until the 21st. 

Yes please!

I am on bed rest (recovering from influenza, hence my increase in posting during waking hours) and I’m bored out of my brain. I am too tired to do anything but I need something to entertain me because I’m past the stage of sleeping for 22 hours a day.

Please feel free to @ me, or to send or post links for me. I’m likely to forget that I posted this haha.

• Love 11

1 hour ago, adidas said:

Yes please!

I am on bed rest (recovering from influenza, hence my increase in posting during waking hours) and I’m bored out of my brain. I am too tired to do anything but I need something to entertain me because I’m past the stage of sleeping for 22 hours a day.

Please feel free to @ me, or to send or post links for me. I’m likely to forget that I posted this haha.

Oooof I'm sending you all the good vibes. I've been where you've been and it was awful (I vividly remember being so tired that all I could do was sleep and stare at the ceiling everything else required way too much physical or mental energy. 

Wishing you a smooth recovery! 

3 hours ago, jillsdopplerofdoom said:

They didn't mention Anna's pregnancy with Mason so I find it odd they have mentioned her pregnancy with M6 unless they are going to start reintroducing her (and possibly Jill) into the show to see what the reaction from the public is. 

I thought Jill and Derrick made the decision to keave TLC and the show. I don't think TLC will he reintroducing her unless OfJill decides that she can go back to the show and given his endless nonsensical twitter rambles about TLC I don't see that happening. 

Anna we will definitely still see more of. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Not sure where to put this but this seems as good a place as any. Hubs and I are in Fayetteville this weekend to do some hiking, and we were driving looking for a lunch spot and drive past Tacos for life so it's tacos and we stopped.  No Duggar sitting but the Tacos are really good. So is the queso salsa is a little bland and the guac needs to be a little more blended it is beyond chunky but they are using fresh avacado at least. 

IMG_20190921_131358.jpg

Edited by allthegoodnamesrgone
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

I went to Tacos for Life a couple of years ago. Their “puffy” taco option sounded interesting, so I went for that, failing to grasp that it meant deep-fried. Plus I picked chorizo tacos, so it was even more greasy, and also spicy. A little too much for my middle-aged stomach.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I went to Tacos for Life a couple of years ago. Their “puffy” taco option sounded interesting, so I went for that, failing to grasp that it meant deep-fried. Plus I picked chorizo tacos, so it was even more greasy, and also spicy. A little too much for my middle-aged stomach.

We have a shop in Iowa called Tasty Tacos that do fried puffy Tacos, they aren't greasy at all, just yummy.  I had the Korean BBQ taco at T4L and it was amazing, hubs had a chicken taco which he said was fantastic.  

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Since I can't seem to find the Anna and Josh thread, I'll post here instead. Anna mentioned in her 11th year anniversary of her marriage that they have 7 children "5 here/1 in heaven/1 due in Nov".

Though everyone should count as they please, she had never included her miscarriage in the nummer of kids before nor mentioned him/her/it as far as I remember. Seems like she jumped on the Lauren bandwagon. 

Edited by Chewing Gum
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 15
  • Love 1

I’m thinking that maybe she did it to take some heat off of Lauren? She doesn’t necessarily think of it that way, but has decided to portray it like that on social media now so that Lauren’s pov won’t stick out like a sore thumb?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I would hope that she simply is more comfortable now talking about her loss since the others have now experienced losses. 

But with the Duggars their pro-birth politics always make me a bit suspicious. 

• Upvote 12

Ughhh I just wrote a post and lost it. Let's try this again.

I think the phrasing of her comment is important, she said she's "thankful for the 7 children God blessed them with" 5 here one in heaven one soon to be due. Because for them and even most mainstream or moderate Christians God did give them that child. It read to me like a fairly simple way to honor that loss that they experienced. I think for me the difference lays in honoring the loss in a fairly appropriate context VS emphasizing the loss repeatedly in a way that can hurt another person. 

As for the timing I think some of it is that pregnancy loss discussions in that circle are becoming more common (Erin, Whitney, Joy, Lauren) AND the fact that Anna really hasn't had a lot of other posts where she could have naturally acknowledged it. She didn't do an anniversary post on Instagram last year that I saw or any year before that (she also had close to a 3 year period of very low activity.) Until she keeps mentioning it I think the timing and Lauren connection is fairly coincidental. 

• Upvote 9

Since I can't seem to find the Anna and Josh thread, I'll post here instead. Anna mentioned in her 11th year anniversary of her marriage that they have 7 children "5 here/1 in heaven/1 due in Nov".
Though everyone should count as they please, she had never included her miscarriage in the nummer of kids before nor mentioned him/her/it as far as I remember. Seems like she jumped on the Lauren bandwagon. 

I read it as a “shit, 11 years and ONLY five kids to show for it”...... well we can add the one that didnt eventuate and the one im still cooking into the total... 7 in 11 years sounds better??

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic