IGNORED

Trace Bates 1: The Flossing Fundie

Perrierwithlemon

16 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

As much as I don't want anybody to be in pain, I secretly always hope that these courtships will end. These kids are so young, so sheltered and so expected to live the exact lives they've been brainwashed into. I always hope the courtships will fail, if only to give them some time to grow and gain some perspective. 

Like I said, I don't want them to get hurt, but I hope Trace and Chaney and also Katie and Travis break up. 

The fact that this post about not wanting kids to rush into life long commitments too early got one downvote and one wtf goes to show nothing changes here.

This isn’t fundy Tiger Beat.

• Upvote 22
  • Thank You 1

19 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

As much as I don't want anybody to be in pain, I secretly always hope that these courtships will end. These kids are so young, so sheltered and so expected to live the exact lives they've been brainwashed into. I always hope the courtships will fail, if only to give them some time to grow and gain some perspective. 

Like I said, I don't want them to get hurt, but I hope Trace and Chaney and also Katie and Travis break up. 

That seems to have worked really well when it happened to Zach Bates. He met a less fundie girl and married her because he loved her, he went to school and got a real job, he openly thinks some courtship standards are dumb. It's all little things, but there is definitely more perspective and growth there. 

On the other hand, I don't know if it changed a damn thing about Nathan.

I actually don't mind Trace and Chaney, at least neither are teenagers and I believe she's getting a degree at an accredited school. That's something for them. Katie and Travis on the other hand. They are just so young. I wish she was allowed to go to nursing school like she wanted once upon a time. 

• Upvote 14

8 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

The pictures with Chaney are back. Maybe some weird Instagram glitch.

There is an option on instagram where you can archive a picture, it would appear that you have deleted it to others but its diferent than deleting because its still there for you and you can put it back public again if you want. It seems that it was what happened here.

• Thank You 4

21 minutes ago, Nashville92 said:

Apparently Trace and Chaney have both deleted photos of each other from their Instagrams.  I'm starting to wonder if they broke up

Yep, I see the photos are missing as well, and Trace is currently visiting Alyssa and John in Florida (sans Chaney). But the photos haven't been deleted from the Bates Family Instagram yet.

I am forever grateful that my romantic life wasn't chronicled by In Touch Weekly and other tabloids!!

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I am forever grateful that my romantic life wasn't chronicled by In Touch Weekly and other tabloids!!

Or random adult strangers on a forum?  I've never seen any of these people in a tabloid, but no one has to because their every move is chronicled here.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Or random adult strangers on a forum?  I've never seen any of these people in a tabloid, but no one has to because their every move is chronicled here.

Well, this is a forum specifically dedicated to discussing this particular family, so that’s not a surprise. And if you google Trace and Chaney, they’ve definitely appeared in tabloids, as well as their local news, USA Today, etc. Not to mention regular appearances on a reality TV show, and their own public social media presence. So I think it’s probably fair to say that FJ isn’t the main reason for their notoriety.

• Upvote 11

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Well, this is a forum specifically dedicated to discussing this particular family, so that’s not a surprise. And if you google Trace and Chaney, they’ve definitely appeared in tabloids, as well as their local news, USA Today, etc. Not to mention regular appearances on a reality TV show, and their own public social media presence. So I think it’s probably fair to say that FJ isn’t the main reason for their notoriety.

Of course it's not the main reason.  I just find it odd to when people are glad others didn't dissect their personal lives when that's happening here every day.

I am aware they put themselves out there on TV and feel zero sympathy for the scrutiny they're under.  They ask for it, heck, they court the interest and scrutiny.

What I don't understand is the interest in them personally and treating them like celebrities when it comes to their romances and outfits, etc.  I can't imagine giving any F's about the who's who on the young dating scene in rural TN or AR outside of the weird customs and purity culture which are damaging and are valid conversations.

Treating them like celebrities is giving them exactly what they want.  I just don't get it, but clearly mileage varies on this.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
AK and AR are different states
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

and his instagram too! DuggarData estimates that they started officially courting in June, and guessed at a Feb 21, 2020 engagement, so they may just be a bit early. 

• Upvote 1

Trace pictures are back on Chaney's instagram page, but her facebook profile pic is now a picture of her and a friend so I have no idea what to make of this. I do want to point out that a Youtuber I follow posted that one of her Instagram accounts got deleted for no reason so it could be a glitch or something is going on between them or both. I'm looking forward to what the Bates will have to say about this on Thursday's facebook live. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, haroldtheyrefundies said:

Trace pictures are back on Chaney's instagram page, but her facebook profile pic is now a picture of her and a friend so I have no idea what to make of this. I do want to point out that a Youtuber I follow posted that one of her Instagram accounts got deleted for no reason so it could be a glitch or something is going on between them or both. I'm looking forward to what the Bates will have to say about this on Thursday's facebook live. 

Have they said there will be a Facebook live on Thursday? They’re off season so I don’t think they’re doing them right now

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

Have they said there will be a Facebook live on Thursday? They’re off season so I don’t think they’re doing them right now

Oh, I didn't think about that. They probably are on a break then. Maybe we'd get a blog post or a Instagram post from Kelly instead. 

• Upvote 1

The pictures of Trace are back at her insta account too, so whatever was the reason for them doing this it seems like they are still together.

• Upvote 1

Eh, maybe they had a fight. If that's the case, it's probably a good thing. So many of these courtships (or whatever they're calling it, now) are so fast that it doesn't give these kids a chance to actually know the person they're marrying. Having some sort of disagreement can actually better a relationship, as long as they both learn how to resolve the issue in a healthy manner (high hopes, I know).

I don't know about Chaney's background, but I still most of these kidults are ill prepared for a real relationship.

• Upvote 9

20 hours ago, indianabones said:

He posted this four hours ago. Looks like they're still going strong!

Screenshot_20191231-231232.png

Oh Hunny, wait until the year you get to pop your cherry...... lol

• Downvote 4
  • Disgust 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Oh Hunny, wait until the year you get to pop your cherry...... lol

Sometimes I wonder who is more obsessed with their purity, their invasive parents or people here.  Comments like this are no less gross than fundies extolling the virtues of virginity.

• Upvote 14
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 1

So according to Trace insta stories he and the family are going to Colorado, since this trip is the one where he met Chaney last year I could see an engagement proposal, but I'm not sure, he could also wait till February and propose around St Valentine. What do you think? 

• Upvote 7

On 1/4/2020 at 10:51 PM, Italiangirl said:

So according to Trace insta stories he and the family are going to Colorado, since this trip is the one where he met Chaney last year I could see an engagement proposal, but I'm not sure, he could also wait till February and propose around St Valentine. What do you think? 

Do you know if Chaney went? I don't have Instagram.  If she did go I could see a proposal 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Nashville92 said:

Do you know if Chaney went? I don't have Instagram.  If she did go I could see a proposal 

Not sure Trace just made a quick insta stories at airport, but since then no one (of those that have gone for sure) has post anything...i think we will know more in a couple of days 

• Upvote 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic