IGNORED

Trace Bates 1: The Flossing Fundie

Perrierwithlemon

Two days ago Chaney's brother and sister-in-law posted pics from snowboarding in Colorado.  Not sure if their instas are private or not these days, so I'm not posting them here. But now I'm thinking engagement trip. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

Anyone knows how big is Chaney's family? I think she is one of the youngest, but she also dosen't have many older sibling? I basically don't remember anything about her family and I may confused hers with the Caldwells and the Swanson from the Duggar forum 

Edited by Italiangirl
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

According to the Bates (and Alyssa) Insta accounts, Trace and some other Bates boys just participated in this flag football tournament in Florida: https://ffwct.com/

Whomever the "momma's boy" is in pic #6 looks like Adrian Zmed.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Do we know if trace and Chaney are still together? I got bored and was looking on Instagram and looks like no new pics on their pages of them together since thanksgiving 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

She didn't post for his birthday, and Lawson's post said something about how Trace knows how to get back on the horse when the year knocks him down.  So maybe they did break up. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

Trace posted a pic of them around new year saying that 2019 was the best year or so...there will be a special for the "i love you day" so maybe we will have some more info in a couple of weeks 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, mstee said:

Do we know if trace and Chaney are still together? I got bored and was looking on Instagram and looks like no new pics on their pages of them together since thanksgiving 

They were together at the family’s Christmas:

Spoiler

A0C9D12D-E500-4DC1-8452-A8A579508273.thumb.png.b898910f8d501eea100274a32351535c.png

And she was recently posing for Bates Boutique as of Jan 20 so I’m gonna vote that they’re still together.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

And she was recently posing for Bates Boutique as of Jan 20 so I’m gonna vote that they’re still together.

Didn't they explain that the boutique photos are done in large batches way ahead of a particular season? 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

Didn't they explain that the boutique photos are done in large batches way ahead of a particular season? 

I don’t think they are done a fair bit ahead. They did a live the other day shooting for Valentine’s Day dresses and some of those dresses are up now 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

They do not seem organized enough for that.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I don’t think they are done a fair bit ahead. They did a live the other day shooting for Valentine’s Day dresses and some of those dresses are up now 

Still, they could be done in advance, and while I think the Bates overall are an unorganized mess, their most recent 10 or so photos look like they could be from a different photoshoot than the ones we've seen Chaney in.

I wouldn't be surprised either way if we got some sort of announcement with the I Love You day special. We "met" Chaney during that last I Love You day episode, which aired in September, around the time T&C got their magazine article and KJ slipped that they "just started courting" in a FB live. If we're getting I Love You Day 2020 on 2/13 *immediately*....the Bates & their crew must have something worth saying in particular.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, marmalade said:

Here's the IG post.

Oh FFS cupcake, it's a breakup, not a death.  

Every time I've ended things with a guy it took me very little time to adjust, since I was already done.  That's why people end relationships.

We've all been there, I know it sucks...but since he phrased it like he's gentle drop of dew being sapped by the sun I can imagine how flooded his DMs will be with all the eager fan girls clamoring to be the next Chaney.  

Anyone else dizzy from the pic?  The perspective is giving me the spins, yet he looks like the loneliest douche in the world which is amusing.

• Upvote 17
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Oh FFS cupcake, it's a breakup, not a death.  

Every time I've ended things with a guy it took me very little time to adjust, since I was already done.  That's why people end relationships.

We've all been there, I know it sucks...but since he phrased it like he's gentle drop of dew being sapped by the sun I can imagine how flooded his DMs will be with all the eager fan girls clamoring to be the next Chaney.  

Anyone else dizzy from the pic?  The perspective is giving me the spins, yet he looks like the loneliest douche in the world which is amusing.

It’s so crazy because this is another example of how the courting that these people do sets them up poorly. I broke up with quite a few boyfriends in my high school years, it was sad sometimes sure, other times it was for nothing more than “I don’t like how he kisses.” But it never required me to make a lengthy internet post, because it was “just dating” and there was never a grand courtship or need for a huge announcement of our relationship in the first place. It just fizzled, and that’s normal.

These poor Bates/Duggar children are raised to “court” in an effort not to break their hearts but instead it puts far too much emphasis on what could otherwise be a simple fling and causes greater humiliation and heartbreak.

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 6

12 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

It’s so crazy because this is another example of how the courting that these people do sets them up poorly. I broke up with quite a few boyfriends in my high school years, it was sad sometimes sure, other times it was for nothing more than “I don’t like how he kisses.” But it never required me to make a lengthy internet post, because it was “just dating” and there was never a grand courtship or need for a huge announcement of our relationship in the first place. It just fizzled, and that’s normal.

These poor Bates/Duggar children are raised to “court” in an effort not to break their hearts but instead it puts far too much emphasis on what could otherwise be a simple fling and causes greater humiliation and heartbreak.

I think there is also the fact that they are "public" people (Z-list, ok, but still...). Imagine all the speculations, the "innocent" leghumper questions, people getting in your business.

If I was a "public" person I'd want to nip the speculations right in the bud and tell my own story before, not after all the comments. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

17 minutes ago, Shouldabeenacowboy said:

I think there is also the fact that they are "public" people (Z-list, ok, but still...). Imagine all the speculations, the "innocent" leghumper questions, people getting in your business.

If I was a "public" person I'd want to nip the speculations right in the bud and tell my own story before, not after all the comments. 

Eh, I’m not saying that’s not a part of it but plenty of public people break up without making three paragraph long Instagram posts about it. He could have casually responded to a comment saying “no Chaney and I aren’t together, we broke up.” But instead he has the pressure of stating all of the grand reasons their relationship didn’t work, which if we were to believe their courtship model we wouldn’t actually need because they are not supposed to be losing and heartstrings because they’re just getting to know each other to see if they might ever want to be married. There isn’t supposed to be a massive attachment according to their own dating model, because they’re protecting their hearts by hanging out together and going on group outings with family. Instead we get these rambling posts that read like a divorce announcement from two people who have never even kissed.

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 18
  • Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

Eh, I’m not saying that’s not a part of it but plenty of public people break up without making three paragraph long Instagram posts about it. He could have casually responded to a comment saying “no Chaney and I aren’t together, we broke up.” But instead he has the pressure of stating all of the grand reasons their relationship didn’t work, which if we were to believe their courtship model we wouldn’t actually need because they are not supposed to be losing and heartstrings because they’re just getting to know each other to see if they might ever want to be married. Instead we get these rambling posts that read like a divorce announcement.

I didn't find it excessively long or rambling, actually, I was surprised at how balanced it sounds (to me). I do think you hit the spot with the divorce comment: perhaps it feels like a divorce to them because of how they are raised and the messed up courtship model. 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

38 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

Eh, I’m not saying that’s not a part of it but plenty of public people break up without making three paragraph long Instagram posts about it. He could have casually responded to a comment saying “no Chaney and I aren’t together, we broke up.” But instead he has the pressure of stating all of the grand reasons their relationship didn’t work, which if we were to believe their courtship model we wouldn’t actually need because they are not supposed to be losing and heartstrings because they’re just getting to know each other to see if they might ever want to be married. There isn’t supposed to be a massive attachment according to their own dating model, because they’re protecting their hearts by hanging out together and going on group outings with family. Instead we get these rambling posts that read like a divorce announcement from two people who have never even kissed.

Right - because according to their teachings shouldn't they both be missing heart pieces?  And where does the chewed gum and used bicycle stuff come in?

It seems their courtship model (nice phrasing) does the opposite of what they intend.  Instead of keeping things chill it makes everything so serious right from jump, skipping over the lighter parts of relationships like flirting and banter and a little playful infatuation.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

Those Bates boys have heart pieces everywhere. That whole dating with a purpose thing is causing quite a bit of sadness. I bet trace will get back into dating soon though. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 19

I think it’s odd that none of the Bates girls had a broken relationship. But Zach, Nathan, and Trace all have. 

What are some of the theories? 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think it’s odd that none of the Bates girls had a broken relationship. But Zach, Nathan, and Trace all have. 

What are some of the theories? 

Wasn't there rumors along the way about Lawson and Jinger and Carlin and Joe (which I could never see in a million years.  In what universe would Joe Duggar be fit to star in her insta pics?)

Is it possible they just keep the girls relationships under wraps until it's a sure thing?  Because of the chewing gum thing, boys don't become used chewing gum, do they?

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic