IGNORED

Trace Bates 1: The Flossing Fundie

Perrierwithlemon

1 hour ago, WisdomBooklet said:

Trace has been pictured in a police officer’s uniform with Zach. I believe he is involved in community policing like Zach.

I believe he is volunteering or working part time. He also works for Chad.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...

I forget, does anyone know where Chaney goes to school? I know we don't "know" officially. Just wondering if she is still in school, when we might see an engagement/wedding, etc lol. Her family seem to be very conservative christian but not the full-on keep-your-kids-isolated-from-the-world fundie. Her 2 married siblings had 6-8mo engagements, and it seems like most of her fam graduated college. A lot of people (at least on the Katie thread) seem to think we'll see both Bates siblings married in 2020, since Kelly is pushy af lol, but I could see Traney going to 2021 if it works out. 

• Upvote 5

Chaney is in Tennessee so much these days, I’m not sure she could still be going to the brick and mortar school she had seemingly been at. I don’t know what school that was, but she seemed to be in Colorado during the school year and with her family in Texas? at other times.

I think she would just be a junior this year. 

• Upvote 3

Idk, we saw pics of her with Trace/the Bates fam over May-June-July-Aug  - including the Disney/FL pics, Carlin's wedding, & those chuck-e-cheese pics. I think the summer flag football tournament KJ posted Trace pics of was actually held in TX.

She was at I Love You Day, but her instagram also implied she was till studying for college as of last spring. The recent big family vacay that included Chaney and Travis could have fallen during her fall break, or she could have skipped a couple days' classes to make the weekend trip.  And Trace could go to her. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/10/2019 at 11:43 AM, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

...A lot of people (at least on the Katie thread) seem to think we'll see both Bates siblings married in 2020, since Kelly is pushy af lol, but I could see Traney going to 2021 if it works out. 

Took me a minute to realize this was probably not a typo, but a joint name for the couple... but I gotta say, it's too close to a slur about trans people for my comfort...

(And I am quite sure you didn't mean it that way! but perhaps there's a better nickname - ?)

Edited by scoutsadie
edit
  • Upvote 2
  • WTF 1

21 hours ago, scoutsadie said:

Took me a minute to realize this was probably not a typo, but a joint name for the couple... but I gotta say, it's too close to a slur about trans people for my comfort...

(And I am quite sure you didn't mean it that way! but perhaps there's a better nickname - ?)

oh! now i totally see the misunderstanding in writing, i'm sorry! "TRAINee" (exactly like what you call a person who is being taught to do something lol) is just what i've been calling them in my head.

uhmmm...Chrace? haha. except that sounds exactly like Trace........although one could argue that fundie marriage erases a woman's identity anyways. 

• Upvote 7

6 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

I think we was calling them Trainey? Or something similar...?

Yeah, but that is very close to a word that is a slur for transpeople, so we were trying to come up with something else.

• Downvote 2
  • Thank You 3

3 hours ago, scoutsadie said:

Yeah, but that is very close to a word that is a slur for transpeople, so we were trying to come up with something else.

Oh ok thanks for let me know i had no idea ?? 

• Upvote 1

I have to keep resisting the urge to suggest a name that factors in "Dick Cheney" somehow... :my_tongue:

No?  Ok then, I'm sure it's already been suggested, but how about Chase? 

Or Chain?  Track?  Tripp?  Trig?

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, haroldtheyrefundies said:

What about tracey? 

No, people would ask “who’s Tracey?” all the time.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

On 11/24/2019 at 4:08 AM, Italiangirl said:

Oh ok thanks for let me know i had no idea ?? 

No problem! :5624799ecfb10_smile(2):

@scoutsadie, thank you for pointing that out to us. I don't think many of us, including myself, thought of it like that. Now that I'm aware, I definitely am not comfortable with calling Trace and Chaney that.

So... As for new names, I like "Chace" (chase) or "Chance" the best. "Chace" might be more obvious to be read as a couple's name, though nowhere near as obvious as CarVan (my favorite fundie couple name, lol). 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

I vote for Trance, since you'd have to be in one to agree to fundie courting rules. And since he'll be her headship, it's fitting that she only gets 1.5 letters. ?

Anyway,  in Carlin's latest insta story videos, Trance are sitting awkwardly holding like two of each other's fingers and kind of moving them.  I guess finger petting comes before hand sex? Would that be like fundie 2nd base?  Proposed fundie bases: 1st (pre-courting), side hug; 2nd (courting), finger petting; 3rd (engagement), hand sex; 4th (marriage), actual sex. 

I think we'll see engagement for these two before I Love You Day. 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 2

On 12/17/2019 at 1:51 PM, lumpentheologie said:

I vote for Trance, since you'd have to be in one to agree to fundie courting rules. And since he'll be her headship, it's fitting that she only gets 1.5 letters. ?

Anyway,  in Carlin's latest insta story videos, Trance are sitting awkwardly holding like two of each other's fingers and kind of moving them.  I guess finger petting comes before hand sex? Would that be like fundie 2nd base?  Proposed fundie bases: 1st (pre-courting), side hug; 2nd (courting), finger petting; 3rd (engagement), hand sex; 4th (marriage), actual sex. 

I think we'll see engagement for these two before I Love You Day. 

As an aside, I love you day makes me want to drive to TN and snatch Kelly bald headed.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 1

So... All the photos of Trace and Chaney are gone from his Instagram feed? They're still up on Chaney's feed and they're still following each other. I guess watch this space? 

Screenshot_20191227_224559.jpg

Edited by HideousGreenShirt
Additional thought
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

49 minutes ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

So... All the photos of Trace and Chaney are gone from his Instagram feed? They're still up on Chaney's feed and they're still following each other. I guess watch this space? 

And about 12 hours ago they were still there. Was looking for some random thing and clicked through to her account from one of his photos. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

I was just coming here to say this. I’m pretty sure I saw her in the Bates’ stories of their Christmas party so I wouldn’t think that they’ve broken up, but maybe they did?

Update: Carlin saved her stories from the Christmas party and Chaney is definitely there with Trace so who knows what’s going on. 

Edited by JanasTattooParlor
Added info
  • Upvote 4

As much as I don't want anybody to be in pain, I secretly always hope that these courtships will end. These kids are so young, so sheltered and so expected to live the exact lives they've been brainwashed into. I always hope the courtships will fail, if only to give them some time to grow and gain some perspective. 

Like I said, I don't want them to get hurt, but I hope Trace and Chaney and also Katie and Travis break up. 

• Upvote 13
  • Downvote 1
  • WTF 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic