IGNORED

Trace Bates 1: The Flossing Fundie

Perrierwithlemon

19 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

Chuck E Cheese (seems to be like a game place?)

That's weird that there are no little kids because this is a family entertainment place with pizza, arcades, rides, etc. that focuses on younger kids (IMO).  Oh, the number of little kids birthday parties I've endured there.

Dave and Busters is for the older the crowd, but they serve alcohol, which makes it wayyyy more tolerable imo.

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, QuiverDance said:

Chuck E. Cheese serves beer, but they cut ya off at two.  Bastards.

Thirty-some years ago, I would spend the  afternoon playing arcade games while my dad worked his way through a pizza, a book, and a pitcher of beer. One time they had Star Trek trivia and he won me a ton of tokens. He even recited the intro over the loudspeaker. I was so proud.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 5
  • Love 7

3 hours ago, QuiverDance said:

Chuck E. Cheese serves beer, but they cut ya off at two.  Bastards.

Is the food still god-awful? I haven't had to endure a Chuck E. Cheese in years.

• Upvote 2

On 7/3/2019 at 4:26 PM, HereticHick said:

Is the food still god-awful? I haven't had to endure a Chuck E. Cheese in years.

Yes, yes it is. I tell my kids the games are always broken there (which is true) so I never have to go back. lol

• Haha 10
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

On 7/2/2019 at 4:03 PM, Italiangirl said:

Ok the Bates family ig there are severa photos of the family with Chaney at Chuck E Cheese (seems to be like a game place?) Seems that only the little are missing I saw up to the middle boy's, there are With and Zach, Tori and Bobby, Chad and Erin plus Kelly Jo I don't think I saw Gil but it could have been him to shoot the photos.

At this point I will aspect an official courtship announce at the premier of the new season later this summer

Chuck E Cheese is for little kids. How ridiculous!

• Upvote 3

On 7/7/2019 at 8:09 AM, nelliebelle1197 said:

Chuck E Cheese is for little kids. How ridiculous!

Little children are literally the only people who enjoy Chuck E. Cheese. That place is hell for others. Weird that even if it was paid they wouldn't bring the little kids. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

30 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Little children are literally the only people who enjoy Chuck E. Cheese. That place is hell for others. Weird that even if it was paid they wouldn't bring the little kids. 

I don't mind Chuck E Cheese if someone's kids have a birthday there or whatever. It's kind of fun. But ours is REALLY gross and half the games are broken, and all the basketballs live on top of the basketball game. 

On 7/3/2019 at 7:59 AM, WiseGirl said:

Dave and Busters is for the older the crowd, but they serve alcohol, which makes it wayyyy more tolerable imo.

They opened a D&B here, but didn't read our draconian alcohol policy before setting up shop. You can't carry your overpriced drinks into the game area. I've been to a few Adult Arcades in California/Massachusetts  and they are way better, and have better (nostalgic!) games. 

• Upvote 2

My daughter chose to have her recent birthday party at Chuck E Cheese. I don't hate it. We don't go there unless it's for a birthday party, but the kids have fun, the one in our area is tidy, and I like that they stamp hands so the kid can't leave with anyone else. It's not somewhere I'd want to spend a lot of time or anywhere I'd go without taking my kids, but I don't think it's quite the hell that others do.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

On 7/10/2019 at 11:09 AM, formergothardite said:

I think they just didn't take pics of the kids. I understood it to have been a birthday party for one of the grandchildren (Carson). The photos were originally posted with a message about the big kids playing too. 

• Upvote 1

With Chaney modeling for Bates Sister Boutique, it seems fairly obvious that they are getting serious. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

Chuck E Cheese, or at least my experiences with them have always been negative. Bad good, dirty, sticky, and broken games. If you've ever seen the movie Clown, that has a scene that I think perfectly describes the helll Chuck E Cheese feels like. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Thorns said:

With Chaney modeling for Bates Sister Boutique, it seems fairly obvious that they are getting serious. 

The account of batessisters confirmed she is his girlfriend. I dont know who exactly is managing the account of the sisters (Carlin?). Also i wonder if this mean they are not going to court. Just regular dating to engagement. TBH courting seems pointless if you are going to date.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, llucie said:

The account of batessisters confirmed she is his girlfriend. I dont know who exactly is managing the account of the sisters (Carlin?). Also i wonder if this mean they are not going to court. Just regular dating to engagement. TBH courting seems pointless if you are going to date.

Oh they will definitely have a courtship. Even if it’s only very short. They cannot ditch it even if they want to. How would they be able to show us how it’s done the proper way? Only a courtship protects your heart and your purity, it’s so godly and so much better than this sinful dating that the heathens do.??

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5

I too have wondered how Trace will proceed with defining his relationship with Chaney if it lasts over time. The future of Bates courtship could linger in his actions. He will be the fourth sibling under this "new model" if he does not announce courtship soon after publicizing his relationship with Chaney.

It seems the Bates are inevitably moving towards dating with a purpose which is totally mainstream Christian. This is why they are probably reluctant to eliminate this soon to be defunct portion of their process. I could be wrong, but I think they just need Gil to get on board with dating with a purpose. He may continue to be resistant to a change in language because he is on the Board. He knows his family opens themselves up to criticism from within their circle the more their children slowly embrace "wordly" standards and behaviors such as footloosing at weddings and backyard parties. Mama bear Kelly will respond to the needs of her elder children as she is keen on protecting them (or at least their images) as they transition from the big house into their own adult lives.

Here are video clips of Kelly trying to push Gill along in the *evolution of Bates family dating value. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

*not say ALL their values are changing. Certainly not the most important ones but something is going on her that will become more difficult to gloss over time.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

Anyone have a fundy to heathen translator to help me out?

does courting = everything chaperoned and no alone time or kissing until wedding and dating = they can grab a burger and a movie by themselves and no smooch police?

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 2

I think Josie and Carlin called kelton and Evan their boyfriends before courtship. I take this to be a pre courting term  rather  than skipping courtship all together. Courtship is just ore engagement these days

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

I'm not sure it would exactly be the board of IBLP holding Gil back. The cult has been evolving to match the changes in fundie culture way before the Bates started doing that. Gil might have liked the frumper days, but Kelly has realized that frumper fundies with strict no-touch courtships have fallen out of fashion and that they need to keep up with modern fundie culture.

I've heard that the BOD is thinking of redoing the Basic Seminar. I wouldn't be surprised if they started editing out the fundie trends that are no longer popular. 

• Upvote 9

8 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Anyone have a fundy to heathen translator to help me out?

does courting = everything chaperoned and no alone time or kissing until wedding and dating = they can grab a burger and a movie by themselves and no smooch police?

From what the Bates have shown, there is no distinction. There is no alone time. They are starting to use the terms more interchangeably. Previously, they would refer to the guys the girls were "getting to know" before courtship as special friends. Now these last two have said boyfriend rather than special friend. There's no difference in the practice though. It is all still semantics. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

I don't think we'll ever see them have alone time. They might be calling each other boyfriend/girlfriend and be dating vs courting...but that's about where it stops in my opinion. I think that there's a real possibility they might get to a point where they think dating without a chaperon is ok, but it will never happen because they've built their brand on that being such a huge focus. They've become lax on so many things and had to move forward with the times - and maybe when Judson starts dating he'll get a free pass but I don't see it happening.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, LillyP said:

I don't think we'll ever see them have alone time. They might be calling each other boyfriend/girlfriend and be dating vs courting...but that's about where it stops in my opinion. I think that there's a real possibility they might get to a point where they think dating without a chaperon is ok, but it will never happen because they've built their brand on that being such a huge focus. They've become lax on so many things and had to move forward with the times - and maybe when Judson starts dating he'll get a free pass but I don't see it happening.

I really don't see it either. I suppose it could be possible by the time its Judson's turn. But they already had an episode on BUB where they were training new chaperons for Josie and Carlin. That's the episode where Zach questions his parents on what they did on their dates which they never answer and he tries to show what happens on a date by making out with Whitney and Gil couldn't come off his seat faster. Seeing how their still training chaperones for the number 9 and 10. Its hard to imagine they'll be more lax nine more kids later. 

• Upvote 8

12 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I'm not sure it would exactly be the board of IBLP holding Gil back. The cult has been evolving to match the changes in fundie culture way before the Bates started doing that. Gil might have liked the frumper days, but Kelly has realized that frumper fundies with strict no-touch courtships have fallen out of fashion and that they need to keep up with modern fundie culture.

I've heard that the BOD is thinking of redoing the Basic Seminar. I wouldn't be surprised if they started editing out the fundie trends that are no longer popular. 

This makes more sense. I really doubt Gil or Kelly have changed all that much. I think they still like their rules, frumpers and everything. But their also smart to tell when things are changing and to go along with it. To keep their position in the cult but also to keep their nice outside package which fans love and keep their show on the air and keep the money rolling. They've always been smart when it comes to grifting people out of money. Laxing their clothing rules letting the girls dress more stylish, modern and etc. makes them look good. This is what they do. Like when they take down the Confederate pictures and scrub their websites of their supporting of Pearls and other methods, the girls having buddies and other stuff. They didn't take the pictures down because their no longer racists they took them down because people questioned them and realized it made them look bad. Their not letting their daughters dress in nicer clothes because they've seen the light but it makes them look better, their family more normal which keeps fans. It helps their image as "great" parents and keeps the money rolling in. 

Edited by JordynDarby5
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic