IGNORED

Trace Bates 1: The Flossing Fundie

Perrierwithlemon

The relationship announcement is completely stupid, but @rebeccawriter01's comments about the machinations behind it all are very very interesting.  Kelly is being super shady in her Instagram comments there, trying to play it off like it's all the UP network's doing and none of theirs. But clearly it's the Bates family grifting machine in action once again: I'm assuming they're getting paid a nice little chonk of money for this?

Chaney Grace, make sure you're grabbing your own percentage of that money and stashing it safely away from the greedy grasping fingers of your prospective in-laws.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

19 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

The phrase officially dating is funny. Sounds like they just announced that they’re going steady.

It seriously sounds like they just changed their relationship status on Facebook to “In a relationship.” And that’s fucking news. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 10

Just now, Tangy Bee said:

Wait...I'm confused. Were they just "special friends" before they started dating?

Right? I guess I would find this more interesting if they came out and said, “we are not pursuing a courtship.” But if this is just a precursor to a courtship announcement in a few months, I will roll my eyes so hard they will pop right out of my head. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

At this point, I honestly think that they just draw out every little phase of absolutely everything they can think of. They've got announcements for: 

•  special friends 
  •  dating
  •  courtship
  •  engagement
  •  wedding date
  •  wedding episode of their tv show
  •  honeymoon destination
  •  pregnancy announcement
  •  gender reveal
  •  baby's first instagram picture/name reveal
  •  moving announcement
  •  am i forgetting anything????
  •  more pregnancy announcements

multiply that by 19 (give or take) and... whoa! that's a lot of news stories to sell and taryn yager pictures to post! 

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

At this point, I honestly think that they just draw out every little phase of absolutely everything they can think of. They've got announcements for: 

•  special friends 
  •  dating
  •  courtship
  •  engagement
  •  wedding date
  •  wedding episode of their tv show
  •  honeymoon destination
  •  pregnancy announcement
  •  gender reveal
  •  baby's first instagram picture/name reveal
  •  moving announcement
  •  am i forgetting anything????
  •  more pregnancy announcements

multiply that by 19 (give or take) and... whoa! that's a lot of news stories to sell and taryn yager pictures to post! 

You have forgotten the announcements when the honeymoon, pregnancy announcement, sex reveal and birth are in an “brand new” episode. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

You have forgotten the announcements when the honeymoon, pregnancy announcement, sex reveal and birth are in an “brand new” episode. 

Haha, thanks! I knew I was forgetting something! It’s like they have to double every “event” and live everything twice to fully get their money’s worth! 

• Upvote 3

I think/hope they are just changing words and this is actually a courtship, since they get to know the other one for 8 months...in that case I see an engagement by the end of the year. 

So, 

○ special friend = getting to know you     

○ Dating = courtship or dating with marriage in mind,                                       and finally                             

○ engagement = engagement 

We all know how much they like rebranding, at this point I almost prefer the Duggars that are coherent (well big word for them but anyway...) and they simply call it getting to know with purpose, courting with purpose and engagement. 

Edited by Italiangirl
Formatting
  • Upvote 11

I just notice that the "news" was broke 2 more days after Chaney bday, I'm pretty sure that the dating thing is just rebranding and they will get engaged pretty soon. She has been around for 8 months now and is modeling for the Bates boutique and included in many family activity, they seems pretty that this relationship will end with a marriage. I guess we will see in a couple of months 

Maybe is me you know but lately Bates and Duggar seems so boring, all they do is just having babies and pose for insta and their show 

Edited by Italiangirl
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

They made the oficial announcement now because she will appear in the first episode of the new season, per batesfamilyblog: "Next week on the Bringing Up Bates premiere, you'll watch Trace unexpectedly show up to the family's Valentine's Day celebration with Chaney".

• Upvote 8

Yes i read it, but It was already announce that she was Trace girlfriend both on their Instagram, family, personal and boutique's and on the fans blog run by Ellie...?‍♀️

Edited by Italiangirl
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

The only thing interesting to me about this couple will be whether Chaney finishes her degree. Wasn't she at a 4-year university in Colorado or somewhere? She turned 21 in September, so she would either be a Junior this year or a started-young Senior. I'd hate to see her drop out of school for a relationship. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

28 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Yes i read it, bit It was already announce that she was Trace girlfriend both on their Instagram, family, personal and boutique's and on the fans blog run by Ellie...?‍♀️

Thats the way they always do it, they post photos on social media and give hints, but never oficially announce until its going to air on the show. Carlin for example posted photos with Evan before announcing their relationship.

I guess for the people that dont follow them closely it is still an exclusive or at least the magazine must think that if they are willing to pay them.

I do think UpTv must at least suggest them when to announce, its not a coincidence they have been dating for 8 months and they decide to announce now when she is about to appear on the show. 

I also wonder if they are being told to post about their relationships in social media to create expectation for the show. I found it very weird when Katie that usually barely uses her instagram sudenly decided to start posting stories about Travis. You dont need to be a genius to realice she wants us to know he is her BF but obviously no official announcement until it suits them.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, llucie said:

Thats the way they always do it, they post photos on social media and give hints, but never oficially announce until its going to air on the show. Carlin for example posted photos with Evan before announcing their relationship.

I guess for the people that dont follow them closely it is still an exclusive or at least the magazine must think that if they are willing to pay them.

I do think UpTv must at least suggest them when to announce, its not a coincidence they have been dating for 8 months and they decide to announce now when she is about to appear on the show. 

I also wonder if they are being told to post about their relationships in social media to create expectation for the show. I found it very weird when Katie that usually barely uses her instagram sudenly decided to start posting stories about Travis. You dont need to be a genius to realice she wants us to know he is her BF but obviously no official announcement until it suits them.

I have a copy of the media package that UP released about the upcoming season. They do mention Chaney in the first episode synopsis. That is the only place she and Trace as a couple is mentioned (showing up for Valentine's Day and meeting her family while skiing). The agency that works with the family (not the show or channel) sent out links to the story that many of the Bates have used on Instagram today and yesterday. UP social media used the same one. 

UP has very few rules or suggestions for its cast when it comes to those things. About the most they would do (more of the consulting agency's job) would be to say, "The promo packages have dropped and we have gotten media interest in the following storylines. If you want to announce this, now would be a good time or the media will do it for you." It's a bit of common sense when it comes to pregnancies. People will speculate that to death based on pics and perceptions and given the gap between shooting and airing, it's hard to keep a secret. That said, someone from production might give them suggestions about being coy about such things on camera and building suspense. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 6

Just watch Chaney drop out of whatever real uni she's attending and switch to online classes at Liberty U* so she can plan her wedding, just like Carlin did.?

*Home of Jerry Falwell Jr. and his naughty bits.

I predict engagement by next "I Lurv U Day"

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 1

Yes, Duggar Data fully expects an official courtposal later. I posted about this on the quiver full of snark marriage master thread, but the average pre-courtship stage for the Bateses before Carlin and Josie was 309 days, with a 236 day courtship and then 3 month engagement later. So trace and Chaney have a few months of being boyfriend/girlfriend (new term for special friends imo) before an engagement-level courtship proposal. Which means WHY even court at all???? You ARE dating like the sinful real world ???

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

24 minutes ago, elf1590 said:

Also, do we think the time will vary at all for the boys vs the girls? Since this is just the 2nd Bates boy to be in a relationship?

3rd boy. Nathan left some heart pieces in the Bronx.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 14

The Bateseses are so much harder to predict. I’d love to see the standard deviations on their get to know you, courtship, and engagements. They seem to vary wildly. With the dugs, you pretty much get a courtship announcement as soon as the news breaks, three months later engagement, three months later wedding. Jessa was an exception, but Ben was super young, so it made sense. 

And the Kahle’s don’t seem to be a courtship family, so nothing to draw from there.

If a courtship happens, I’d expect things to move very quickly after that. Seems like a formality at this point. 

• Upvote 10

I feel like if Trace and Chaney aren’t courting and are actually dating, then that makes sense to me. If her family doesn’t court, then I don’t see Gil and Kelly making Trace force her into a courtship. I would think that it would be up to her parents what type of dating model she follows, since she’s the one that has to get permission to enter into a dating relationship, not Trace. Maybe her family isn’t as strict and doesn’t court or do chaperones for everything. I guess we’ll see when the season starts. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

On 9/11/2019 at 11:16 PM, Perrierwithlemon said:

am i forgetting anything????

Decorating and renovating!

On 9/9/2019 at 3:01 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Since it’s pronounced like “shay-knee,” I say it shouldn’t be Chance or Chase. Maybe Tracey.

Or Chaise (as in lounge) 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

So in todays Q&A in facebook Kelly said when mentioning all the things they have going on at the moment that Trace just started a courtship. It looks like the magazine maybe got it wrong calling it dating, and that when they announced the relationship it was because a courting proposal hapened. This also fits with Trace posting in insta how great the last 8 months getting to know Chaney were, as we know the getting to know you phase is how they call the one before the courtship.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 4

Grom the recap of Bub on the fan blog:

Trace up and did what all of us thought he wouldn’t do,” says Carlin. “He showed up with this female girl, and she’s gorgeous.” Trace and Chaney arrive at the party, out of costume. They met on a family ski trip in Colorado and have kept in touch via phone. The couple is still just getting to know each other. “I know they’re friends, and that’s where it is right now, so you little matchmaker, you’re just going to have to hold your horses,” Gil tells Kelly.

Female girl? Really? Is there anything as a female boy? 

Anyways it seems confirmed that now they are courting, the getting to.know you phase seems more like just friend at least from how they describe it

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 7

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic