IGNORED

Trace Bates 1: The Flossing Fundie

Perrierwithlemon

3 hours ago, JordynDarby5 said:

Like when they take down the Confederate pictures and scrub their websites of their supporting of Pearls and other methods, the girls having buddies and other stuff. They didn't take the pictures down because their no longer racists they took them down because people questioned them and realized it made them look bad. Their not letting their daughters dress in nicer clothes because they've seen the light but it makes them look better, their family more normal which keeps fans. It helps their image as "great" parents and keeps the money rolling in. 

Kelly really is very brand conscience and good and manipulating their image. I'm not sure Gil would have been as quick to pick up that they need to present a different look because their current one had fallen out of fashion. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, JordynDarby5 said:

the episode where Zach questions his parents on what they did on their dates which they never answer and he tries to show what happens on a date by making out with Whitney and Gil couldn't come off his seat faster.

OMG. Hadn't heard about this. Go Zach!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

On 7/14/2019 at 2:41 PM, CaptainFunderpants said:

OMG. Hadn't heard about this. Go Zach!

It was a glorious 10 seconds. You could tell Gil wanted to rip Zach and Zach just had this what are you going to do about it look. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

On 7/16/2019 at 6:22 AM, grandmadugger said:

It was a glorious 10 seconds. You could tell Gil wanted to rip Zach and Zach just had this what are you going to do about it look. 

This is actually the one scene that gives me slight hope that at least the kids of Zach and Whitney have a small chance that their dating life will be a bit more normal than their parents'. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

• 3 weeks later...

Trace just put this up on his Instagram stories - seems pretty probable there was a courtship proposal (possibly even engagement?!) on 10 August...8CFFEAB5-462D-4A17-8F78-CED3692BF567.thumb.png.f23fa31908d39c20466a3e10dde6c001.png1407E19A-7454-45F6-A7E7-352807A53287.thumb.png.4da32ec1c7900d37a455005ee7f42ba8.png

Edited by LilyofthePotter
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

12 minutes ago, LilyofthePotter said:

Trace just put this up on his Instagram stories - seems pretty probable there was a courtship proposal (possibly even engagement?!) on 10 August...8CFFEAB5-462D-4A17-8F78-CED3692BF567.thumb.png.f23fa31908d39c20466a3e10dde6c001.png1407E19A-7454-45F6-A7E7-352807A53287.thumb.png.4da32ec1c7900d37a455005ee7f42ba8.png

Either that or maybe they attended a wedding together. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

12 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Chaney was a bridesmaid in a wedding. 

AD1CD607-AAFF-41F8-BA1F-1C016B5CBCF1.jpeg

Sigh....I genuinely think he must be trolling at this point, he must have known that his photos (without the context of the wedding) would cause people to jump to conclusions!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Well i hope it was just a normal GF-BF photo and not that he proposed at the wedding or something like that, i find proposals at weddings super tacky and atention seeking.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

I wonder if Trace got to go to the wedding by himself as Chaney's date or if he had to take an accountability partner.

Awkward for a fundie to say to his or her "date" can you ask the bride and groom if my bro/sis can come to keep me accountable. Would they offer to pay for the extra guest. (Assuming it is a wedding for a non fundie family).

The bridesmaids dresses don't look fundie "approved," so I am not sure if any of the other Bate's fam members know the bride and groom well enough to be invited.

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

I wonder if Trace got to go to the wedding by himself as Chaney's date or if he had to take an accountability partner.

Awkward for a fundie to say to his or her "date" can you ask the bride and groom if my bro/sis can come to keep me accountable. Would they offer to pay for the extra guest. (Assuming it is a wedding for a non fundie family).

The bridesmaids dresses don't look fundie "approved," so I am not sure if any of the other Bate's fam members know the bride and groom well enough to be invited.

The interesting thing about some fundies is that it is often the girl’s family that has to worry about the chaperones and the courtship rules. This isn’t true across the board, but it seems to happen a lot. Therefore I wouldn’t be surprised if the chaperones were provided by Chaney’s family and Trace just went to visit by himself. Or Nate just dropped him off with a plane.

• Upvote 9

Fetch Kelly Jo's fainting couch! Those superbare shoulders of the bridesmaids must be giving her the vapours.

And total BEC observation-- those halter dresses don't work well for some curvier gals.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

21 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Fetch Kelly Jo's fainting couch! Those superbare shoulders of the bridesmaids must be giving her the vapours.

And total BEC observation-- those halter dresses don't work well for some curvier gals.

I would look absolutely horrible in that bridesmaid dress. I’m built like a linebacker so halters are always out.

• Upvote 8

• 4 weeks later...

Another pic of these two on instagram. A happy 21st bday msg for her.  They all enjoy visits with her, god had them cross paths on a ski trip, Looking forward to more visits, "(I'm sure Trace seconds that!)" At least she is over 20 I guess.

• Upvote 8

This is petty and shallow, but I HATE her name. It’s like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. Have they been dubbed Trainy , Trance, Chase or Chance?

• I Agree 1

3 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

This is petty and shallow, but I HATE her name. It’s like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. Have they been dubbed Trainy , Trance, Chase or Chance?

Since it’s pronounced like “shay-knee,” I say it shouldn’t be Chance or Chase. Maybe Tracey.

• Upvote 2

Trace and Chaney did an official relationship announcement for people mag. They did not refer to is as a courtship. So is this a first? First "relationship announcement" and/or no courtship?

Also, a commenter asked why they sell these stories to magazines for money, and kelly jo responded that they do not sell the stories,but up tv does...

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

50 minutes ago, Ms.Pickle said:

Trace and Chaney did an official relationship announcement for people mag. They did not refer to is as a courtship. So is this a first? First "relationship announcement" and/or no courtship?

Also, a commenter asked why they sell these stories to magazines for money, and kelly jo responded that they do not sell the stories,but up tv does...

Carlin and Josie dated before courting, but they didnt have an oficial announcement like this of the dating stage...it makes me think Trace and Chaney will go directly from dating to engagement. Now i wonder if its just a change of name or if they are truly breaking the rules, kissing or spending time alone.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Ms.Pickle said:

I've been in PR for more years than most of the Bates have been alive. I'm also very familiar with the PR and Marketing team at UP, as three of them are in the same professional organization as I am and we have shared rides, drinks, and even on one occasion a hotel room at a conference when our flights were late. I saw that comment from Kelly Jo today and took a screen shot to send to them. They don't sell stories. That's very much against what we believe and do. I can't wait to see what they think of one of the talent accusing them of that. 

It is possible that they would pass along a request from In Touch Weekly, meaning calling Trace and Chaney to say that they are working on promos and X reporter wants to talk to you about your relationship. Kelly Jo needs to watch herself. But that is not the same thing as "selling a story." UP has a relationship with some of the best professional organizations, including ones that help them recruit staff. I'm on the ethics board for one and am very concerned that the "talent" is making such accusations. 

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 8

As you can see, Kelly doesn’t actually say that UP sold the story. Only that UP arranged the announcement. She’s good at smoke and mirrors. 

2DCF5498-F6AE-489C-A520-FEF51DA981BB.png

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

As you can see, Kelly doesn’t actually say that UP sold the story. Only that UP arranged the announcement. She’s good at smoke and mirrors. 

2DCF5498-F6AE-489C-A520-FEF51DA981BB.png

I'm texting with one of them now. She is livid. "We don't act as a publicity department for the cast of any show. Our job is to promote the show as a whole. If a magazine, television show, blog, etc. sees our promo package and decides to pursue a story, they sometimes contact us and sometimes contact the family directly. For her to insinuate that we would be so ethically gray as to do press agentry (for pay) for her is a blatant lie."

She is calling her boss about it now. From what I gather, UP does a media push out for the shows they own prior to a new season. This would include promos, episode descriptions, topics the show will cover, still photos and b-roll video, and other information. The Trace and Chaney relationship is an early mentioned story so media outlets have access to that. It's not as though it was a secret, as the family's social media has been blatant.  

Through their contract with UP, the Bates do have access to a PR firm (don't know which one) who will try to get national placements for the family. When and if the firm gets these placements, a list and  file of such stories, photos, etc. are sent to the family social media person and to UP from the firm to post and promote as they see fit. The family does not pay for and is not given any guidance on that, as it was not negotiated. In my friend's words, UP doesn't have the budget or staff to promote each family member individually. 

In her words, "many times the cast of shows will develop relationships with the media outlets if the same reporters are interviewing them. This usually results in the cast handling their own media with those outlets because said reporter will simply contact the family or cast member directly and bypass the firm and channel. Many times we see a story and are surprised. I'm not saying that happened here. The fact that In Touch Weekly calls it dating says to me that someone unfamiliar with the show, the Bates, and their vocabulary for dating wrote it."

The problem with what Kelly said is that she is blurring the line between UP and a firm that essentially works for the family and not the show or UP. There are certain ethical issues about selling or brokering the sale of stories. Since the woman I know best at UP is accredited by the Public Relations Society of America, her anger is coming from the fact that someone like me could see that vague but troubling insinuation and threaten her accreditation. It costs several hundred dollars to get your accreditation, including several hours of testing and then a panel interview about PR plans and strategy that feels like you are being interrogated. It can mean $10-20K more a year though in salary. 

Edited by rebeccawriter01
  • Upvote 11
  • Thank You 8

This relationship announcement is stupid. I barely care and I’m a fundie follower. Anyone who has seen his Instagram knows they are in a relationship. This is not new. I’m rolling my eyes pretty hard at this.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 8

The phrase officially dating is funny. Sounds like they just announced that they’re going steady.

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Upvote 10
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic