IGNORED

Trace Bates 1: The Flossing Fundie

Perrierwithlemon

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Remember when I said Hannah Wissmann would be a much better match for Trace? Look who is right in the middle if this picture! ;) I’m sure he won’t take my advice. He will probably go after another girl that’s wrong for him. 

2F2765D0-DDF3-44F3-BE81-97FC81D4B0EA.jpeg

First think i thought when i saw the photo lol maybe he did take your advice, but isnt Hannah 2 years older than him? wouldnt Alaythia be more suitable age wise?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, llucie said:

First think i thought when i saw the photo lol maybe he did take your advice, but isnt Hannah 2 years older than him? wouldnt Alaythia be more suitable age wise?

I think Hannah is 1.5 years older. He just turned 23 and she is 24.5. I don’t think that age gap is a big deal at all. Susannah Wissmann is actually closest in age to him but she isn’t in the picture. Which is a bit strange since Hannah, Susannah, and Alaythia always seem to be together when they are on the road. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

48 minutes ago, Jasmar said:

@logansflyin4jesus? ??

13D20719-FD13-476C-BC26-F452FA45D956.jpeg

Logan Smith is one of Trace’s closest friends. His sister Lundyn (yes it’s actually spelled that way) is dating Jake Wilson. Even though they were all raised fundie, I kind of get the idea that Jake and Lundyn aren’t the perfect fundie kids they are expected to be. 

• Upvote 5

On 2/9/2020 at 10:00 AM, clueliss said:

We've seen the Bateseses boys (Nathan and Lawson in particular) hanging at the Duggar compound repeatedly.  They've had those opportunities.  Also Nathan was in Hattiesburg MS for quite some time for his flying.  (also the Duggars still have several boys to marry off and may want the local female fundie population for that)

Holy moly....that's where I live... I knew logansflyin4jesus or whatever that guy's IG name spent a good amount of time here because it said so in his IG bio but I didn't realize I could have run into Nathan Bates at Walmart!! It's not a big town so I'm so curious about where the flying training took place, where he went to church here etc. etc. 

ETA: My old pal Google just turned this up: https://www.wdam.com/story/29380020/new-flight-school-takes-off-in-hattiesburg/

Flight school connected to Liberty Univ....sounds likely...

Edited by ModestisHottest
edited to add more info
  • Upvote 3

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Logan Smith is one of Trace’s closest friends. His sister Lundyn (yes it’s actually spelled that way) is dating Jake Wilson. Even though they were all raised fundie, I kind of get the idea that Jake and Lundyn aren’t the perfect fundie kids they are expected to be. 

Omg I totally was reading that name as Lawn-din it took way longer than I care to admit that it dawned on me that it was London. Do they pronounce it Lun Dun or lun din? Surely not with that spelling Lon don? 

17 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Omg I totally was reading that name as Lawn-din it took way longer than I care to admit that it dawned on me that it was London. Do they pronounce it Lun Dun or lun din? Surely not with that spelling Lon don? 

I guarantee they pronounce it like London.

• Upvote 5

It’s just such a cheesy handle. So typical though.

Column A: insert name

Column B: insert activity

Column C : add FOR JESUS!!!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 8

I could see an "older" woman being married to Trace go one of two ways:

1) People are against it because the husband needs to be respected and they worry an older woman might not be in awe of him

2) People don't care because age doesn't determine if the husband gets respect or not, he just gets it for having a penis regardless 

Jessa is slightly older than Ben but then again it's only one year and they were both basically still teenagers. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kmachete14 said:

Jessa is slightly older than Ben but then again it's only one year and they were both basically still teenagers. 

Not exactly. Jessa turned 27 in November and Ben will turn 25 in May, so their age difference is about 2.5 years.

Edited by JDuggs
Grammar!
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, kmachete14 said:

I could see an "older" woman being married to Trace go one of two ways:

1) People are against it because the husband needs to be respected and they worry an older woman might not be in awe of him

2) People don't care because age doesn't determine if the husband gets respect or not, he just gets it for having a penis regardless 

Ben was born in May 1995 and Jessa was born in November of 1992 so they are 2.5 years apart in age. They first met when Ben was 17 and Jessa was 19 or 20. They married near Jessa’s 22nd birthday and Ben was 19.5 when they married. 

Trace and Hannah are only 1.5 years apart and neither are teens. I don’t think the age difference is a big deal at all. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Trace and Hannah are only 1.5 years apart and neither are teens. I don’t think the age difference is a big deal at all.  

I think getting over Chaney will be the bigger obstacle.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 8

53 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

I think getting over Chaney will be the bigger obstacle.

What if he’s fundie rebounding? Maybe he went to the church where the Wissmanns were singing to flirt with the 4 single Wissmann gals? I’m cringing just thinking about it.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Jackson doesn’t have his own thread so I’ll just put this in Trace’s. I just think the Bates rule of girls not allowed to wear tank tops but boys can is ridiculous. Mostly because I think the upper arms of men can be way more defrauding than women. But I’m straight. So I am probably biased. At least the Wissmanns don’t have that stupid rule. Both Wissmann boys and girls can wear tank tops. 

ED289433-55AE-4367-97B7-CC5806B7714D.jpeg

• Upvote 5

On 2/25/2020 at 5:41 PM, meep said:

It's also not rare to see a Wissmann girl in pants or shorts if she's working (gasp!) or jogging, they are much more sensical. 

They work pretty hard on their farm so it would be ridiculous for them to be in skirts digging irrigation ditches. You can tell which huge fundie families have real working farms (Bontragers and Wissmanns) and which just live out in the middle of nowhere with a few random animals they may or may not take care of. 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1

On 2/26/2020 at 12:41 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Jackson doesn’t have his own thread so I’ll just put this in Trace’s. I just think the Bates rule of girls not allowed to wear tank tops but boys can is ridiculous. Mostly because I think the upper arms of men can be way more defrauding than women. But I’m straight. So I am probably biased. At least the Wissmanns don’t have that stupid rule. Both Wissmann boys and girls can wear tank tops. 

ED289433-55AE-4367-97B7-CC5806B7714D.jpeg

isn't Juanita a girl's name. It is a pet peeve of mine when people call boys by girls names or say oh you run like a girl or you are such a princess. They do it to imply that somehow being a girl is worse. Toxic masculinty and gender bias/discrimination all at once.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 8

4 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

isn't Juanita a girl's name. It is a pet peeve of mine when people call boys by girls names or say oh you run like a girl or you are such a princess. They do it to imply that somehow being a girl is worse. Toxic masculinty and gender bias/discrimination all at once.

I totally agree. I get so annoyed when one of my boys makes fun of a toy just because it’s a girl toy. My husband is extremely low on the toxic masculinity scale so I know they aren’t learning it from him. They are learning it from their little friends at school. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had to tell them pink and purple aren’t girl colors. Anyone can like any color they want. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

I had more than one aunt named Juanita. 

• Upvote 5

How nice that these teenagers are finally being allowed to watch Madagascar. A movie my toddlers also watch.

Interestingly enough I remember a while back that Whit posted an Instagram photo or story and Madagascar was on in the background.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1

Judson: "Mom, what does Mad-dag-gas-kar mean?"

Kelly Jo*: "It's an island somewhere south, like next to Australia or South America or somewhere." and BAM! geography lesson!

*Except KJ doesn't teach them any more, so it's maybe Katie or Addallee who replies. BTW, who does hand out their workbooks now? I just assume it is Katie because she's the oldest daughter at home.

Edited: So sorry... I'm probably being too hard/cynical on them. 

Edited by Bobology
apology and disclaimer
  • Upvote 9

55 minutes ago, Bobology said:

Judson: "Mom, what does Mad-dag-gas-kar mean?"

Kelly Jo*: "It's an island somewhere south, like next to Australia or South America or somewhere." and BAM! geography lesson!

You're giving them a fair bit of credit!  I wouldn't be surprised if the answer was more like "Oh, it's a place where sad poor people who've never head of Jesus live." 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Bobology said:

Edited: So sorry... I'm probably being too hard/cynical on them. 

Hard on them?  I think you're a very optimistic and lovely person to think Kelly would A) know where it is and B ) create teachable moments for her kids even by proxy.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic