IGNORED

Maxwell 31: InVESTing in Quality Bible Bindings

samurai_sarah

4 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Independence Day post up.  Poor Sarah has now co-opted the holiday to whine about reproductive rights and right to choose.  I'm sure our founding fathers would appreciate that you stupid bitch.

She also has no idea that other countries also have red white and blue for their flag’s colors. 

Actually, I just learned that Jamaica is the only country who has a flag with NO red, white, or blue.  (Thanks, Reddit).  

• Upvote 14

1 hour ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Most of the founding fathers were deist. Don’t tell a fundie that because they won’t believe you. 

Actually, it is rewritten history. America was founded as a Christian nation and this is left out of the history taught in evil public schools.*

*This is not actually what I believe. I have heard this speech multiple times at church.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Axton is very little and the only Chelsy's baby. Probably she does not need aunties babysitting, so Maxwells only see him sometimes, while Nathan and Christopher kids are often there. By the time Chelsy will have #3 or #4 sure the kids will be sent to aunties park and their bond with Sarah and especially Mary and Anna will be stronger.

Elissa seems very private. And who knows if she likes (or dislikes) Maxwell house. She is rarely pictured with her sisters-in-law, despite Calia plays with the cousins sometimes.

Well, Joe/Elissa and John/Chelsy live So. Far. Away. that Sarah probably doesn’t get much of a chance to get out that way to see them.   S/

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 10

Wait. Is one of those babies a boy? Poor girl who got saddled with a male doll. Doesn’t that break some Maxwellian rule?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Independence Day post up.  Poor Sarah has now co-opted the holiday to whine about reproductive rights and right to choose.  I'm sure our founding fathers would appreciate that you stupid bitch.

The saddest part is that Sarah herself was not given the right to choose. Her parents stunted her emotional and intellectual development so badly that she has never had the right to choose anything for herself. Not only to have a baby or not, but to do anything that was no pre-approved by them. She may have wished to be a mother, but her right to choose this was taken away from her and she doesn't even realise it.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

Ugh. Only the Maxwells could bring abortion into a 4th July post. So gross. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 12

I was just waiting. One of them (fundies) was going to do inappropriate social media today. It's a given.

Josh Bontrager was my guess for wild manly posturing and stupid virility.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Ugh. Only the Maxwells could bring abortion into a 4th July post. So gross. 

I think they have done something similar with a different holiday. 

• Upvote 2

Like @anachronistic said. the "un,.  der God" part was noteven in hte Pledge till 1954.  It was added during the Red-baiting of the 50s.  The film Room for One More has a Eagle Scout ceremony with everyone reciting the Pledge and it was filmed before under God was added.  It's neat t hear it done that way. I've left the Under God part out myself for years but emphasize indivisible with liberty and justice for all.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, Cora Persephona said:

The saddest part is that Sarah herself was not given the right to choose. Her parents stunted her emotional and intellectual development so badly that she has never had the right to choose anything for herself. Not only to have a baby or not, but to do anything that was no pre-approved by them. She may have wished to be a mother, but her right to choose this was taken away from her and she doesn't even realise it.

I upvoted your post before I got past the first sentence. Amen!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

On 7/5/2019 at 4:10 AM, OhNoNike said:

She also has no idea that other countries also have red white and blue for their flag’s colors. 

Actually, I just learned that Jamaica is the only country who has a flag with NO red, white, or blue.  (Thanks, Reddit).  

I thought Sri Lanka did as well?

Actually my first thought was Libya, then I remembered it was changed post-Gaddafi and I had to look up what the new one was. 

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I thought Sri Lanka did as well?

Actually my first thought was Libya, then I remembered it was changed post-Gaddafi and I had to look up what the new one was. 

I guess it depends on the definition of “red”, but if it’s what I google, the flag looks like it has red on it. 

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

I think officially it's "crimson" which is, I believe, a shade of red.

• Thank You 2

2 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

I think officially it's "crimson" which is, I believe, a shade of red.

Yes it’s a shade of red. 

• Thank You 1

4 hours ago, Jana814 said:

Yes it’s a shade of red. 

Ok, it's listed as maroon for me, which I think of as purple.

• Thank You 1

@OhNoNikeI admit you worried me a little when you started your fart story saying you were in a museum gift shop after having a few drinks at lunch...?

I was relieved when the farter turned out to be your three year old! ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 3

On 7/1/2019 at 2:49 PM, anachronistic said:

The youngest girl in Christopher’s drawing, labeled E for......Elizabeth? (Can’t remember her name) is holding a broom/mop. Seriously. Kid is like 1 or 2 but heaven help us if she sees herself as doing anything but housework.

He’s a terrible artist as well as a terrible human being.

Maybe E is fantasizing about riding that broom on Samhain.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

New post up. Steve and Terri are offering their grandkids a special night at the MaxBorg instead of birthday gifts. Terri got right on scheduling. 

My lord this family is dull. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, fundiewatch said:

New post up. Steve and Terri are offering their grandkids a special night at the MaxBorg instead of birthday gifts. Terri got right on scheduling. 

My lord this family is dull. 

I assume Sarah wrote up the event in her own inimitable style.

Dad and Mom are blessed to have such a growing group of grandkids! Over the past 10 years, Mom shopped and kept up with a gift each child would like.

Recently, they had an idea. Instead of a physical gift, the child gets a special evening over at Grandpa and Grandma’s. There is a string of summer birthdays, so Mom got right on scheduling.

The kids have totally loved their special time. After all, isn’t the gift of quality time something to be valued?

We began with Abby, then Joshua, and last Christina. Up next will be Danny and Drew, the birthday-cousin-twins. They will have separate nights.

“And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”  Philippians 4:7

What does this extra special time with the grandparents consist of?  Dinner alone with the grandfolks, and their adult aunts and uncle who are still living at home.  Perhaps the meal consists of meatless burritos, a fancy layered salad, and milk or water?  Two animal crackers for dessert?  Such luxury!  Better pray before the excitement gets too intense, don't want to sin by experiencing joy.

No problem, Steve is right there to give them a special sermon tailored just for them.  Dare we hope that it's recorded so their parents can play it every night while the children sleep?

Teri plans to read them a story from her selection of approved books, providing that she can stop exactly 15 minutes in.  Then she'll stop.  No worries, Steve will finish the story and bless the little one with an in depth explanation of how such a seemingly benign story could be misconstrued to lead them to the path of unrighteousness, but he's there to set them straight.

After that is a rousing game of Uno or Go Fish, with plenty of teachable moments to instill the children with a sense of fair play, and how to win or lose in a Godly manner.  Winning means they must give the glory to God and not display an unmodest amount of pride in their triumph.  Losing means they must deny Satan's attempt to bring them down by admitting that they were beaten fair and square, exhibiting only pleasure for the winner, suppressing any disappointment in the loss and foregoing to say "Best two out of three?"

Yeah, sounds like a ton of fun.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

22 hours ago, OhNoNike said:

Please don’t let this be the blue dress or white dress thing.  Hahaha

It's gold dammit! Heh.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7

On 7/4/2019 at 1:14 PM, Ali said:
On 7/4/2019 at 11:32 AM, Lgirlrocks said:

Most of the founding fathers were deist. Don’t tell a fundie that because they won’t believe you. 

Actually, it is rewritten history. America was founded as a Christian nation and this is left out of the history taught in evil public schools.*

*This is not actually what I believe. I have heard this speech multiple times at church.

I opened the newspaper on July 4th to find that Hobby Lobby had bought a full page ad to promote this Christian nation crap replete with quotes out of content.   Apparently they do this every year. I took my totally non-religious late aunt to Hobby Lobby a few times to help her shop for a project, but I'll never go there on my own. 

The Freedom from Religion Project has debunked this ad: 

FFRF debunks Hobby Lobby’s annual “In God We Trust” ad

Hobby Lobby’s “In God We Trust” ad is still untrustworthy

Interactive website: In Hobby Lobby We Don't Trust: Do these quotes prove we are a Christian nation? Click them to find out.

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 1

I wonder if these birthday dinners are scheduled in 15 minute  increments.

I think teri is just tired of having so many  children  around

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic