IGNORED

Maxwell 31: InVESTing in Quality Bible Bindings

samurai_sarah

Maybe Sarah was hoping that the money she made from selling Ellie's pups would be her 'running away fund'.

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I was very surprised that Ellie wasn't wearing an E-collar (Elizabethan collar).  Our dogs and cats always had to wear them after surgery to make sure the dog/cat did not bother the incision.  You don't want them licking the incision and you sure as hell don't want to them to pull on the stitches.  We adopted our Lab mix a year ago.  She'd been freshly spayed and I put the little E-collar (cat/small dog sized) we had on her.  It fit, but if it hadn't I would have bought her one in the correct size. 

• Upvote 4

Our dog hates wearing the collar and generally doesn’t lick her incisions (she’s had three surgeries now) so we only have her wear it when we aren’t right next to her/not able to watch her closely. 

• Upvote 5

The vet is probably so far away because they couldn't find anyone closer who would be supportive of her backyard breeding.   Didn't her website say the vet felt breeding Ellie would be adding to the breed?

• Upvote 5

I was thinking about this while I’m cleaning the stove and waiting for my dough to rise and I really wonder how much the Maxwells knoow about animal overpopulation and the push to adopt rather than shop. This is a situation where increased awareness has happened largely through the media, especially social media, all of which the Maxwells eschew. Of course, there have always been shelters but they’ve never been in the public eye like they are now. There are television commercials, segments on local news featuring adoptable pets, so many worthwhile animal welfare, rescue and special needs pet accounts on Facebook and Instagram and the Maxwells wouldn’t be aware of any of it, nor do I think it would be a topic of conversation at the nursing home church or during their now limited conferences. Arnold adopted the Maxwells, rather than the other way around, and I know that Nathan’s kids have cats but for all we know they could be pet store purchases. So it could be that the entire fam thinks that if you want a pet, you go to a breeder or a pet store. 

Of course, I could be totally off base and the Maxwells are well aware of  pet rescue but turn up their noses at it because they don’t want someone else’s cast offs. I mean, what if the dog or cate didn’t come from a Christian home? The entire Max clan could be at risk. Or maybe Sarah really thought Ellie would be her cash cow. Ya gotta get money for those endless mochas from somewhere, right?

• Upvote 13
  • Love 2

The picture of Sarah and Ellie in the car backseat is bothersome. You can tell Sarah is sad/exhausted/maybe been crying. But yet she feels the need to smile in the photo. Why not a real life photo of Sarah looking down at her dog with a worried look on her face? So disturbing 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, nvmbr02 said:

Our dog hates wearing the collar and generally doesn’t lick her incisions (she’s had three surgeries now) so we only have her wear it when we aren’t right next to her/not able to watch her closely. 

My dogs and cats have hated the stiff cones that they come home from the vets with so I bought them an inflatable collar.  They're short enough not to impede access to the food dish, they're more comfortable for sleeping, and the doggie/kitty still can't lick their stitches.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

Poor Ellie. When my daughter and my landlady’s grandson were toddlers, our next door neighbor had a long-suffering collie who was great with kids. One summer day, after having been spayed, she was relaxing in the shade under a shrub. The kids went toddling over to hug her, but she wasn’t in the mood. She stood up, the tots fell over into the grass ass over teakettle, and she slunk away from them.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

They do take better care of their animals than the Duggars ever did or ever will i give them that. 

Or the Jrods.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Let's get real... The Maxwells take better care of their animals than some fundies do with their actual children.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Update on Steve’s health on the blog. He’s lost weight and his cholesterol has dropped. Pretty boring update really. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

Update on Steve’s health on the blog. He’s lost weight and his cholesterol has dropped. Pretty boring update really. 

Am I a bad person for groaning, “Now we get to have many more years of Stevehovah”?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

35 minutes ago, Hane said:

Am I a bad person for groaning, “Now we get to have many more years of Stevehovah”?

I had the same feeling. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Steve must have been jealous that Ellie was getting so much attention, so Teri felt the need to update his recovery.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

It’s another typical Maxwell post; provide basic info, without any explanation of how Steve lost the weight. Teri did say that they’ll give details on Steve’s diet... which could be in a couple of days, next week, next month... or never. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

11 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

It’s another typical Maxwell post; provide basic info, without any explanation of how Steve lost the weight. Teri did say that they’ll give details on Steve’s diet... which could be in a couple of days, next week, next month... or never. 

Exactly. I don’t know why it is so hard to add those details in a post. I wonder if they actually give themselves fifteen minutes to write a post and, well, if all the information, can’t be included in that time frame...GOOGLE IT. 

This information could actually have been very helpful to their readers right now. I, personally, almost always read heart healthy eating plans regardless of where they come from. If I can take away even a small tip, it is a benefit. This post is basically saying “We don’t really care if this information can help you. We just want you to know that Steve is fine.” 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

it will be combined with the pizza cutter post......

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 11
  • Love 2

41 minutes ago, catlady said:

it will be combined with the pizza cutter post......

This will never happen and I will die without ever having learned the secret of how to cut lettuce with an implement designed for pizza!

and have we ever stopped to think whether this kind of post should be made?  The anarchy it will unleash?

what’s next - eating soup out of cereal bowls?  Then societal chaos!

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 1

26 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

This will never happen and I will die without ever having learned the secret of how to cut lettuce with an implement designed for pizza!

now that i think about it, why on Rufus's green earth hasn't Stevie shut us up by having Terri say, "google it."?

what’s next - eating soup out of cereal bowls?

back in the 70s, my mom used to buy those multi-packs of cereal singles.  the boxes had perforations where you could open the front and eat out of the box.*  i bet this would blow the collective Maxwell mind.

*we mostly used them for camping, because if you got a little messy opening the liner, the milk would leak out.  do they still make them this way?

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 1

Just now, catlady said:

now that i think about it, why on Rufus's green earth hasn't Stevie shut us up by having Terri say, "google it."?

back in the 70s, my mom used to buy those multi-packs of cereal singles.  the boxes had perforations where you could open the front and eat out of the box.*  i bet this would blow the collective Maxwell mind.

*we mostly used them for camping, because if you got a little messy opening the liner, the milk would leak out.  do they still make them this way?

I don’t know but now I want a tiny box of Apple Jacks more than anything in her world.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • Love 4

General Mills and Kellogs now make single serve cereals bowls.  You peel off the top, pour in the milk and when done throw it away.  We get them at our local restaurant supply store but you can find them on Amazon as well.    They are super handy for  travel or camping.    

• Upvote 7

@catlady and @HerNameIsBuffy  I was recently thinking about those tiny boxes of cereal.  I don't know what prompted the thought, but those itty bitty boxes were fun to eat even if you ate the cereal dry.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

4 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@catlady and @HerNameIsBuffy  I was recently thinking about those tiny boxes of cereal.  I don't know what prompted the thought, but those itty bitty boxes were fun to eat even if you ate the cereal dry.

If your family was anything like mine, the little boxes of Raisin Bran and Shredded Wheat sat in the back of the cabinet uneaten forever.

• Haha 4
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic