IGNORED

Maxwell 31: InVESTing in Quality Bible Bindings

samurai_sarah

On 6/25/2019 at 8:51 AM, PennySycamore said:

If you are a mere passenger on a sailboat, you may be slothfully sitting around, but it you're on a dinghy, you're almost certainly going to be working either as the helmsman or as crew working the sheets (lines).  Either way, you've got to be alert at all times.  

@HerNameIsBuffy, sailing does not have to be expensive.  There are free and cheap sailboats (I belong to a cheap sailboats yahoo group), boneyard boats and cheap homebuilt boats like Cape Cod Frostys and Puddle Ducks.  Not every sailboat needs to be an Oyster!*

*Oysters are really expensive sailing yachts built for cruising/ voyaging.

Funny you mention oysters. In Sir Terry Pratchett’s genius Discworld novels he describes Nuggan, a nasty capricious deity who has a laundry list of abominations unto Nuggan that are not to be tolerated. Oysters, incidentally, are among them (also: mushrooms, the colour blue, shirts with six buttons and girls who can write).

Wiki has a comprehensive list of Abominations unto Steve, pardon, Nuggan. They are quite eerily similar.

https://wiki.lspace.org/mediawiki/Abominations_Unto_Nuggan

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6
  • Love 2

Ruthanne is five and Lydia is four. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 3

50 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Ruthanne is five and Lydia is four. 

Wow. I hope you enjoyed your childhoods, Ruthanne and Lydia.

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 10
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

@AuntCloud, that list of Abominations of Nuggan makes me  want to read the Discworld novels.

@JermajestyDuggar,  not only should little kids not be changing diapers, I'm not all that thrilled that the oldest daughter is baby wearing.  Most all of the commercial carriers I've seen caution that they should be used only by adults.  My kids had pretend carriers when they were little, but they put small dolls and teddy bears in them.  

Edited by PennySycamore
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I just got my 4 year old to stop shitting his pants everyday?‍♀️

My four year old granddaughter just recently (in the past month) potty trained.  It's not at all unusual.  Kids will potty train when they get ready.   However, kids that young are too young to be doing any more diaper changing duty than handing their mom a clean diaper or a wipe.  

Edited by PennySycamore
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

I feel like I read Anna Marie post differently than everyone else. I'm tired so it could totally be lack of reading comprehension on my part but I read the part of the girls helping change Elizabeth as helping her dress/change clothing and the baby wearing for dolls. It still shouldn't be the job of a preschool aged older sibling to dress their younger sibling, but not quite as bad as diaper changing. And I wouldn't rule out the older girls doing diaper changing based on that post, but it didn't state (to me anyway) that they were changing diapers. I don't have any issues with the girls using similar baby carriers that they see their mom using, both my girls loved using similar carriers with their dolls. The only issue I have is the way they have focused the baby/child care on just the girls and knowing that they are setting the girls up for a future of baby making as their only real purpose in life. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Why can't dolls be enjoyed instead of being a training tool for raising children?

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

My 4 year old can't wipe her own bum, let alone anyone elses.  I'm sure Anna-Marie's photo is up in many fundie houses as the shining star of wifedom. She's popped the kids out, still looks youthful, obviously submits in all things to her headship, and is raising her daughters to do the same. It does make me wonder where Christopher plans to find husbands for all his daughters when Steve can't find any for his.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, terranova said:

It does make me wonder where Christopher plans to find husbands for all his daughters when Steve can't find any for his.

Surely the Maxwell way is to keep the daughters as unpaid workers to assist their brothers' businesses, families and home renovations in any way they can. And to nurse the parents in their old age. 

Having eleventy gazillion kids on one salary gets a lot easier if you don't pay an additional breadwinner, on-tap cleaner and babysitter. And that debt-free fixer-upper? A lot less daunting with unlimited unpaid manual labour just next door. 

And the best bit? These indentured servants for life have been brainwashed into nurturing their brothers' manhoods, so there won't be any snide comments about how the brothers don't deserve all that free work. 

Patriarchy does work well for the penis havers I tell ya. 

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 7

Father's Day recap is up.

Sarah is happy to belong to a family that values children.  Not hers of course since they don't exist.

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 7

Interesting how Sarah focuses on the children of Nathan and Christopher rather than those of Joseph and John. Seems like she values some children more than others. She definitely values some sisters-in-law over others... 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Markie said:

Interesting how Sarah focuses on the children of Nathan and Christopher rather than those of Joseph and John. Seems like she values some children more than others. She definitely values some sisters-in-law over others... 

1. That was interesting. Are they assigned a certain brother? The one who will take them in when Steve/T die? Hmmm

2. That picture of what-ever-boy with Steve/Terry on the couch--kid looks ready to kill someone.

3. The fans want to know which baby doll the family buys?? Oh get a damned life already. Go to Walmart and buy a doll. Who cares which one.  If your kid is into dolls she or HE will know the right doll when they meet it!

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Idle Speculation Bus here.  In the newest post, they announce NR Anna's baby news.  There's a picture of GiGi hugging NR Anna and Elissa, with a caption that says, "Happy hugs and rejoicing."  All three look really happy.  Was there more than one baby announcement?

• Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, Fun-Dee said:

Idle Speculation Bus here.  In the newest post, they announce NR Anna's baby news.  There's a picture of GiGi hugging NR Anna and Elissa, with a caption that says, "Happy hugs and rejoicing."  All three look really happy.  Was there more than one baby announcement?

Possibly? Probably.... hekk, I hardly care, anymore. The fact that little girls in America are being raised the way my granny was in the peasant class of deepest darkest Eastern Europe of the 1880’s makes me excessively sad. 

(The laughing responses to posts here? It’s do I don’t cry like I want to.)

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

The youngest girl in Christopher’s drawing, labeled E for......Elizabeth? (Can’t remember her name) is holding a broom/mop. Seriously. Kid is like 1 or 2 but heaven help us if she sees herself as doing anything but housework.

He’s a terrible artist as well as a terrible human being.

Edited by anachronistic
Not Elizabeth
  • Upvote 10
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

And what are stick Joshua and stick Danny each holding in that picture?

23 minutes ago, kpmom said:

And what are stick Joshua and stick Danny each holding in that picture?

Wait, wait, we’ve got it all wrong!  Joshua has a toilet ballcock kit, Danny has the wax ring and Elizabeth has a plunger: the kids are starting a plumbing business!!!

i want to know what the weird crescent thing on Stick NRAnna’s belly is. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3

I knew it!  Prissy Chris announced the latest pregnancy on Father's Day.

5 hours ago, Fun-Dee said:

I was thinking the same thing.  They didn't announce Invisible Elissa's pregnancy with Kyle until some reader noticed a baby bump in a picture.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Wait, wait, we’ve got it all wrong!  Joshua has a toilet ballcock kit, Danny has the wax ring and Elizabeth has a plunger: the kids are starting a plumbing business!!!

It wouldn't surprise me to see Christopher putting them to work so young.

At first I thought stick Joshua was holding a fishing pole, but we know how the Maxwells feel about fun hobbies.  Could it be a leaf blower?  Inquiring minds want to know!

I have absolutely no business criticizing someone else's artistic ability, but when Sarah wrote that Christopher draws the kids pictures every day I assumed maybe he had some talent.  I was kind of expecting something beyond what most little kids can do.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

At first I thought stick Joshua was holding a fishing pole, but we know how the Maxwells feel about fun hobbies.  Could it be a leaf blower?  Inquiring minds want to know!

I am embarrassed to say that I had to enlarge the picture, because I thought that Joshua was holding looked like a thingy shaped turnip on a stick at first.  I'll see myself off to the prayer closet.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

It’s a fetus, silly! Oops—I mean, it’s a precious pre-born baby.

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 2

1 hour ago, Hane said:

It’s a fetus, silly! Oops—I mean, it’s a precious pre-born baby.

Ewwww ... to me it looked like a slash. I’d say I need to look again, but...no. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic