IGNORED

Maxwell 31: InVESTing in Quality Bible Bindings

samurai_sarah

"Dad loved recording this book." Sarah, you're making it sound like Stevehovah had fun.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11
  • Love 1

On 7/17/2019 at 3:22 AM, nelliebelle1197 said:

But were there mini-Weetbix?

Oh yes. My son is currently going through a 1.2kg box every second week. We usually didn't need the mini box because we had a full box with us anyway.

13 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Being debt free in a cheap town like Leavenworth where your sons buy fixer-uppers to make it even cheaper might be possible for the Maxwell sons, but for many many people it just isn’t possible.

I just looked up the median house price in the small town (pop ~4000) where I went to primary school - $285K. That's a lot of lawns to mow - even a thriving lawn care business would struggle to save up to buy a house outright - which is why normal people take out mortgages Steve.

• Upvote 12

According to Zillow the median price for homes in Leavenworth, Kansas is $136,000.  So there are probably still many fixer-uppers below $100,000. 

But in many areas of the country that is simply not the case.  And not everyone can pick up and move to an area that is cheaper. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

28 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

Oh yes. My son is currently going through a 1.2kg box every second week. We usually didn't need the mini box because we had a full box with us anyway.

I just looked up the median house price in the small town (pop ~4000) where I went to primary school - $285K. That's a lot of lawns to mow - even a thriving lawn care business would struggle to save up to buy a house outright - which is why normal people take out mortgages Steve.

Just for fun I looked up mine...median house price $382k.  

So Steve...how many lawns do my sons need to cut to buy one debt free?

Not every one can afford to move across the street from their childhood home, ugh. 

(By mine I meant my childhood town - I couldn’t afford to move back as an adult even if I wanted to.  Guess I’m a failure, huh Steve?)

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 6

7 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Buying a Home Debt Free is now an audio book.  It is such a crock of shit...buy a dumpy house, get your family members to volunteer to help you fix it up.

Yet another great reason to prevent your adult daughters from marrying.  While they are in their most fit and healthy years, make sure they are available to do lots of manual labor.  I mean, you can get grandchildren from your sons. Keep those daughters working for their brothers. 

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 1

I am no waiting for part two of Steve's recovery. Whether more comes or not, I don't freaking care.

My ears are grinding at even the thought of listening to an entire audio book read by him. 

In my area, homes in good neighborhoods that aren't falling apart are minimum $250K. That's for 60 year old 3 bed/1 bath "ramblers". Anything newer than that, prices go up. Average is $350-$400. And that's average. Anything newer than maybe 10 years goes for $400 and more. New construction is $500 at best. And, I live in SE Wisconsin, not LA or New York. Midwest. 

Now, if you want a house in a rough neighborhood that's falling down around you and is most likely a tear down on a street that's mostly boarded up, you might get a deal at $90k. Housing prices have gone through the roof and it is a sellers market and then some. The bubble is going to burst - maybe if the debt free fundies hold out for another few years they can get a steal in a crashed market. Until then, eat my shorts Maxwells. 

• Upvote 8

The median price for a home in Delaware is $236,000 (according to Google).  

Edited by FloraKitty35
added more to post
  • Upvote 3

Carry on here:

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Thank You 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic