IGNORED

Maxwell 31: InVESTing in Quality Bible Bindings

samurai_sarah

14 hours ago, Markie said:

Interesting how Sarah focuses on the children of Nathan and Christopher rather than those of Joseph and John. Seems like she values some children more than others. She definitely values some sisters-in-law over others... 

Maybe Elissa and Chels are "too worldly" for Sarah and that is why she sticks to Anna Marie and Melanie. Although Chels had a few posts where she was hanging out with Elissa AND Melanie. They seem some what close.

• Upvote 8

The thing that Joshua is holding looks like an extendable tree pruner to me. Manly, you know.

The photo of Anna and her mommies in training actually made me gag, as did the fact that they’re all barefoot. Whether it was done on purpose or not, it really drives home how in Maxhell, a woman’s only value is in popping out spawn. Barefoot and pregnant, indeed.

I think nothing speaks louder to this cult’s indoctrination than the comments Sarah throws in like, “Imagine that, brothers and sisters who like each other,” and “So glad to be part of a family that values children.” Because clearly, all children of non-fundies are unwanted and unloved. I guess that’s why trump’s army of fundie asskissers is so up in arms about the horrific treatment of the children currently being held in concentration camps, while we heathens are too busy watching Real Housewives to care. Oh wait… 

Edited by sparkles
  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

To be perfectly fair, the picture of Anna Marie and the girls barefoot was during a photoshoot of everyone where most if not all the other kids were barefoot too.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

2 hours ago, sparkles said:

The thing that Joshua is holding looks like an extendable tree pruner to me. Manly, you know.

The photo of Anna and her mommies in training actually made me gag, as did the fact that they’re all barefoot. Whether it was done on purpose or not, it really drives home how in Maxhell, a woman’s only value is in popping out spawn. Barefoot and pregnant, indeed.

I think nothing speaks louder to this cult’s indoctrination than the comments Sarah throws in like, “Imagine that, brothers and sisters who like each other,” and “So glad to be part of a family that values children.” Because clearly, all children of non-fundies are unwanted and unloved. I guess that’s why trump’s army of fundie asskissers is so up in arms about the horrific treatment of the children currently being held in concentration camps, while we heathens are too busy watching Real Housewives to care. Oh wait… 

The photo shoot was at Maxhell which means NO SHOES ALLOWED!

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, sparkles said:

I think nothing speaks louder to this cult’s indoctrination than the comments Sarah throws in like, “Imagine that, brothers and sisters who like each other,” and “So glad to be part of a family that values children.” Because clearly, all children of non-fundies are unwanted and unloved. 

Unfortunately, I imagine that this is how Steve has taught them to think:

Q:  Do you love children?

A:  Yes.  I have a (son/daughter) who is my whole world.

Q: But have you ever prevented a pregnancy?

A: Yes.  

Q:  ...Then you don't love children.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8

16 hours ago, kpmom said:

And what are stick Joshua and stick Danny each holding in that picture?

The ones they pulled from Steve's ass.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 22
  • Love 3

If only a suitable “beau” could be found for each of Steve’s three daughters. It is so strange that none of the girls are married. It can’t be much fun being treated as a child when you are in your twenties or thirties. I really wish that the three girls could go on a mission and escape from the cult; just vanish into the real world, pursue an education and get real jobs. Wouldn’t it be great ... unlikely to happen but so satisfying if it did. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

I hope behind the scenes Joshua or another boy wanted to play with one of the dolls, and then I'm sad to think they'd respond with "those are only for girls Joshua, now go memorize your Bible again".

My 2 year old son has a Baby Alive doll (Luke) he loves to feed and cuddle and I've thought that if/when we have a second I'd get him a baby carrier, just for pretend. He loves being helpful and I'm all for teaching kids responsibility, there's a line where it's valuable versus inappropriate. I think we all know the camp the Maxwell kids fall into.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 3

WTF is Joshua holding? Is it a dildo on a long stick?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1
  • Haha 4

Looking at the pictures of Father’s Day, I cant help but think Maxhell just can’t be the same as it used to be. There are just way too many Maxwell’s for it to be. It’s likely become rather chaotic when all Maxwell’s are there. I imagine they aren’t all there much. The house probably won’t hold all of them together for much longer. But if the weather is nice, they could take the kids outside and that would be better. Anna keeps popping them out and now Chelsy is in the family and ready to breed. They don’t have a home like the Duggars. In a few years they will be bursting at the seems for their Christmas get together. 

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, freethemall said:

My 2 year old son has a Baby Alive doll (Luke) he loves to feed and cuddle and I've thought that if/when we have a second I'd get him a baby carrier, just for pretend. He loves being helpful and I'm all for teaching kids responsibility, there's a line where it's valuable versus inappropriate. I think we all know the camp the Maxwell kids fall into.

One of my very fondest memories of my oldest child's toddler years is when he was 2 and would lift his shirt and "nurse" his beanie babies while I nursed his baby brother.  He also got a play kitchen for his 3rd birthday and a wooden doll house for his 5th, which still resides in a closet because he INSISTS his kids will have it.

Steve would probably have kittens over all of the above.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 18

My boys aren’t into dolls but they absolutely love taking care of their stuffed animals as if they were real. They are basically their baby dolls but in animal form. It’s adorable. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 13

My three year old son has a baby doll. He got it awhile ago for Christmas or his birthday. We noticed he was showing interest in one of his sister's dolls so we got him a similar one. He sometimes plays with it and it is helpful to be able to tell him to get his baby when he tries to steal one of his sister's dolls. He has even found multiple purposes for the doll. He recently repeatedly whacked the floor with it saying he was killing a spider.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

Both my older daughter and son weren't into dolls as toddlers. They both had a couple, but the were generally ignored. The both did have a special stuffed animal (a bear for my daughter and a puppy for my son) that they treated like a doll. When my younger daughter was born both Puppy and Mr. Bear (Yep, I have kids that come up with really original names) came to the hospital to meet their new sister.

My youngest was in love with baby dolls as soon as she was able to hold them. And stuffed animals. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My boys aren’t into dolls but they absolutely love taking care of their stuffed animals as if they were real. They are basically their baby dolls but in animal form. It’s adorable. 

Tbh I was more into stuffed animals than dolls.  I had a Barbie, Ken, and Cabbage Patch but stuffed animals like Pound Puppies are much more cuddly.

4 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Tbh I was more into stuffed animals than dolls.  I had a Barbie, Ken, and Cabbage Patch but stuffed animals like Pound Puppies are much more cuddly.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

My boys have a couple of dolls. They mostly make them pretend fart or poop on each others heads and then uproarious laughter follows. 

My children will be wonderful pet owners and terrible fathers if I’m going by their current playing. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 22

13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My boys have a couple of dolls. They mostly make them pretend fart or poop on each others heads and then uproarious laughter follows. 

My children will be wonderful pet owners and terrible fathers if I’m going by their current playing. 

My girls would love it if their daddy made their dolls poop or fart on each others’ heads. ?

Quick fart story - Yesterday I was in a museum gift shop after having a couple drinks at lunch.  I don’t usually drink much, and I wasn’t driving anywhere.  I was feeling it.  As I was standing at the register, the 3 yo sat on the floor and let out a very long, reverberating fart.  In a museum gift Shop.  And I was tipsy.  I managed to stutter out her name and “my goodness!”.  I paid and ushered them out before the smell hit.  

Edited by OhNoNike
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 15
  • Love 1

Independence Day post up.  Poor Sarah has now co-opted the holiday to whine about reproductive rights and right to choose.  I'm sure our founding fathers would appreciate that you stupid bitch.

• Upvote 5

She has *no idea* that the ‘under God’ part of the pledge is only from 1954, does she? 

Freedom OF religion, Sarah. That means freedom FROM religion too. I learned that in 2nd grade in a public school. I’m really, truly sorry that your parents choices mean you don’t get a chance to learn that.

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

20 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Independence Day post up.  Poor Sarah has now co-opted the holiday to whine about reproductive rights and right to choose.  I'm sure our founding fathers would appreciate that you stupid bitch.

I had the exact same thought when I read her post. 

• I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, anachronistic said:

She has *no idea* that the ‘under God’ part of the pledge is only from 1954, does she? 

Freedom OF religion, Sarah. That means freedom FROM religion too. I learned that in 2nd grade in a public school. I’m really, truly sorry that your parents choices mean you don’t get a chance to learn that.

That IS the saddest part of this whole mess.

Steve’s unexamined guilt and Teri’s poorly treated depression have squelched the joy out of their children’s lives. I just keep hoping the grands will have a better chance for balance.

• Upvote 7

About the barefeet. That's probably how NR Anna keeps that carpet so nice and clean. Have you guys seen Alyssa Webster's carpet!? Her floor actually looks like she has lil kids running around. Ok I get Chris and Anna have no mortgage. But WHERE is the money coming from?? Utilities, food, and clothes. I don't sew but I know Anna requires ALOT of fabric to make all those frumper dresses for her and the girls. Does anyone know if she coupons or makes her own cleaning supplies? 

• Upvote 1

Most of the founding fathers were deist. Don’t tell a fundie that because they won’t believe you. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Chris's drawing skills are on a par with his photography skills, aren't they?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 2

On 7/1/2019 at 5:25 PM, Markie said:

Interesting how Sarah focuses on the children of Nathan and Christopher rather than those of Joseph and John. Seems like she values some children more than others. She definitely values some sisters-in-law over others... 

Axton is very little and the only Chelsy's baby. Probably she does not need aunties babysitting, so Maxwells only see him sometimes, while Nathan and Christopher kids are often there. By the time Chelsy will have #3 or #4 sure the kids will be sent to aunties park and their bond with Sarah and especially Mary and Anna will be stronger.

Elissa seems very private. And who knows if she likes (or dislikes) Maxwell house. She is rarely pictured with her sisters-in-law, despite Calia plays with the cousins sometimes.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic