IGNORED

Maxwell 31: InVESTing in Quality Bible Bindings

samurai_sarah

Did  she get  into  this  thinking it  would  all be  puppies  and  rainbows? Didn't she know  any  of  the  dangers? I'd never  breed my  pet

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

That post about Ellie is quite the metaphor for Sarah, isn't it? The dream of a family, children/puppies...dead. God, it's so depressing. 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 5
  • I Agree 14
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, freejugar said:

Did  she get  into  this  thinking it  would  all be  puppies  and  rainbows? Didn't she know  any  of  the  dangers? I'd never  breed my  pet

She will never have babies of her own and  Ellie was her only chance to experience the birth of her own offspring. While it seems like Ellie is well loved by everyone, she’s the only “person” who is truly Sarah’s. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7

I hope Ellie heals quickly and is well, but I also hope she is spayed!

I do feel for Sarah, she has so little of her own and their lives seem so boring, this must have been a huge deal for her. 

That said, if she really wants to raise puppies, surely there are fostering programs like there are for cats? Some cat fosters primarily take in pregnant moms, so I'd be surprised if there wasn't something like that for dogs as well. They have plenty of time for that sort of thing, and it would definitely add interest to their dull lives while contributing to the general good. 

I'm also very glad that the vet staff were kind and wonderful to her. For many reasons, but one of them is that they are surely not all church-of-Steve style Christians. Being comforted and helped by regular "worldly" people likely including pants-wearing working women can only be good for her. It might never completely click, but that image will be in her head. Maybe Steve will preach something about pants being immodest for women, and she'll remember that nice lady at the vet's office who was so sweet to her. 

• Upvote 23

Sarah confirmed in a comment reply that Ellie will be spayed. Really it should have happened much earlier. The post title is rather dramatic; I agree that it just sounds like a metaphor for Sarah’s life.

Steve is an asshat of the highest degree. Fuck him. 

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 3

I guess this isn't all Poor Sarah's fault.  When you have a lack of education thanks to your parents shit happens.  Speaking of education the vet and his staff went to ebil college so once again Sarah benefits from someone who is educated.  Fuck you Coward Steve and Griselda Teri.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, Alisamer said:

That said, if she really wants to raise puppies, surely there are fostering programs like there are for cats? Some cat fosters primarily take in pregnant moms, so I'd be surprised if there wasn't something like that for dogs as well. They have plenty of time for that sort of thing, and it would definitely add interest to their dull lives while contributing to the general good. 

Nah, she doesn't care about raising puppies. She wants to SELL puppies.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

Steve,

I hope you use Sarah’s grief as a game changer for you to reevaluate keeping your daughters cloistered. This would be a hard experience for many people, but do your daughter a favor and put yourself in her shoes for a minute. She got Ellie around the age when she probably realized she would never be giving birth to human children and has appeared to give Ellie what she will never be able to give a child who will call her “Mom.” 

You are an asshole and I feel enraged towards you on Sarah’s behalf.

You raised her to cower to your every whim and for all appearances she has done that beautifully. If you *truly* love Sarah, I hope you use this occasion to take you head out of your ass and give her permission to finally live HER life - which she has made clear* would include both marriage & children. 

Because I have full confidence that you won’t take my words as anything other than some heathen with a vagina bossing you around, go fuck yourself! Your daughters deserve so much more than the life you have given them.

Signed,

One of the Christians on FJ.

* Terri/y mentioned it in her b-day post but iirc Sarah has mentioned it at other times as well. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 5

Sarah posted an update that Ellie did well in surgery and they were headed to pick her up from the vet. I hope she has an easy recovery and she and Sarah can have many happy* years together.

*As happy as they can be in Maxhell anyway.

• Upvote 15
  • Love 2

I feel sorry for Sarah because that must be so devastating. I adore my cats. 

To answer the comment about fostering puppies yes you can definitely foster puppies. From what I understand there isn't a puppy season the same way that summer is kitten season but people don't spay and neuter their dogs either. I'm currently fostering kittens and the reason I think Steve would never let Sarah foster is because you have to work with a shelter or a rescue, you have to let people see the puppies and you interact with all sorts of people. We all know Steve doesn't want his precious daughters to associate with just anyone. It's a shame because I think Sarah would enjoy fostering baby animals. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

She (and Arnold) are the best parts of Maxhell and they both appear to be well cared for and very loved.   

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

30 minutes ago, FloraKitty35 said:

She (and Arnold) are the best parts of Maxhell and they both appear to be well cared for and very loved.   

I've said before and I'll say it again.  Ellie and Arnold are the only adult Maxwells I like.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

Yes you can absolutely foster puppies; we adopted our rescue dog when she was 4mo and she'd been raised in a private home from birth.  Our rescue (I call them "our" because our son also adopted a 4yo cat from them and they are just the best) does not have a physical building; ALL their pets are cared for in private homes, usually with kids/other animals so that they are very social and more adoptable.  ❤️

• Upvote 4
  • Love 3

Poor doggy.

The backyard breeding venture was a bad idea, but I blame Steve for teaching Sarah that breeding and monetizing your family members is A-OK.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

Poor doggy.

The backyard breeding venture was a bad idea, but I blame Steve for teaching Sarah that breeding and monetizing your family members is A-OK.

Yes, he always insisted the kids have "businesses" when they reached their teen years, so I guess the same holds true for the pets.

Ha!  Good luck trying to get that cat to do any kind of job, Steve! ?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 14

I'm glad Ellie is recovering but, FFS! The dog had just had abdominal surgery and you bring all the little kids over to pet her? The first time I picked up a female dog (I'd only had male animals before) after her spay procedure was also the first time I truly understood the phrase "sick as a dog". I have never seen an animal who wasn't injured or dying look so miserable. The next day, sure, she was back to her old self, although still lethargic.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 6

2 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

I'm glad Ellie is recovering but, FFS! The dog had just had abdominal surgery and you bring all the little kids over to pet her? The first time I picked up a female dog (I'd only had male animals before) after her spay procedure was also the first time I truly understood the phrase "sick as a dog". I have never seen an animal who wasn't injured or dying look so miserable. The next day, sure, she was back to her old self, although still lethargic.

I wonder if any of the Maxwell’s understand the need for solitude or rest for anyone as they seem to think being surrounded by “extended family” is the answer to everything.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 3

I hope that Abigail and Bethany had it explained to them what to do and not to do around Ellie right now and that she is off limits to the younger grandkids until she's better  I don't want to come off like I am praising Maxhell, but their pets do appear to be well cared for (from the pictures). 

• Upvote 8

I’m surprised that their vet is an hour away.  I grew up in a little town in rural Maine, and the nearest vet was maybe 20 minutes away.  But I guess it’s possible that Leavenworth might have a small number of clinics.  (I’m trying not to think that the vet must be Steve-approved.)

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Black Aliss said:

I'd expect Ellie to be even more sick than after a usual spay considering it was for Pyometra.  She absolutely does NOT need any little kids around.  

@catlady,  I was shocked by how far way the vet was, as well.  I can't remember if the sex of the vet, but maybe they had to go to a male vet.  Both my vets are women and both the vets at Petsmart are women.  Unlike when my brother graduated from vet school, most vets graduating today are women.

Just checked:  the vet is a man.

Edited by PennySycamore
  • Upvote 10

Our nearest vet is very close, like a ten-minute walk away. There’s another one slightly further away which is open 24/7, 365 days a year, which provides emergency care. That’s around a 6-minute drive (yes I’ve been using google maps :pb_lol:). If my nearest vet was an hour away that would be rather worrying to me, as pets can go down fast. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

I live in a tiny town where the vet comes one day per week to a somewhat makeshift office.  For appointments that's great but if there was an emergency I would be going to the main vet's office in a slightly bigger town a half hour away.

• Upvote 3

Leavenworth isn’t exactly Bumfuck, Nowhere so I’m surprised their vet is an hour away, although that's Probably more by choice than necessity, I think, since these are the Maxwells we’re talking about. We have vet overload in my town—I can think of at least six in just one part of town that are within a 5 minute drive for us, including two large 24-hour clinics that are literally right next door to each other and one for exotic pets. Steve would never approve of our vet, since the entire staff, with the exception of two techs, is all female. 

I’m glad Ellie is doing well and that she can no longer be bred. 

• Upvote 8

So did Steve or Jesse have to go with her to the vet or is she allowed to talk to a non-related man? Also, I am very surprised she mentioned naps, I didn't think those were allowed in Maxland. Does she have to schedule them? 

I hope Ellie recovers and lives a long, happy life. I also hope Sarah has learned her lesson and will not try to breed any future pets, for profit (!) or otherwise.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic