IGNORED

Erin & Chad 5: I’m Thoroughly Defrauded by Chad’s Attire

HerNameIsBuffy

@LillyP yes, me too. After two babies and a hypothyroidism diagnosis that requires regular draws I'm just like, "Help yourself to my blood." Doesn't even phase me anymore. 

• Upvote 2

On 6/8/2019 at 8:15 AM, HermioneSparrow said:

Sometimes people do get over the fear of needles. I got a very aggressive stomach bacteria as a child and mono at the same time so I had to be hospitalized for a couple of months, my veins are invisible or something and had to get a tube for feeding, most definitely got over the fear of needles. My veins are still invisible and incredibly hard to find but I don't even blink when I have to get poked.

Just reading this makes me feel sick. I hate needles, but even worse is an IV. The thought of something being threaded through a vein is so horrifying. I'm a huge baby about that. Last month I had an emergency type surgery for an aneurysm on my splenic artery. NO ONE told me that the surgery would involve LOTS OF THREADING OF THINGS THROUGH MY VEINS.

I was so bratty. They started 2 IVs, told me all about the risks of the endovascular procedure, tried to start an arterial line (wtf??)

I was so whiney, anxious and probably mean (I'm never mean) that they just went ahead and knocked me out early. 

shuddddderrrr

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

I've mostly skipped through the posts about needle phobias, so if this tip has already been mentioned -- my apologies. While I've never been truly afraid of needles I certainly didn't like them. One time I discovered that if I watch the needle going into my skin (if it is located in such an area) then it became less frightening... exactly backwards of what most people believe.

Watching the insertion certainly won't work for everyone, but if it helps one or two of you then the rest of your life will be better.

And I'm curious about needle-phobic people; are your ears pierced and if so, where did you get the fortitude for that voluntary skin puncture? Perhaps none of you have any piercings, but if you do, try some mind tricks about piercing for your next needle.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Bobology said:

I've mostly skipped through the posts about needle phobias, so if this tip has already been mentioned -- my apologies. While I've never been truly afraid of needles I certainly didn't like them. One time I discovered that if I watch the needle going into my skin (if it is located in such an area) then it became less frightening... exactly backwards of what most people believe.

Watching the insertion certainly won't work for everyone, but if it helps one or two of you then the rest of your life will be better.

And I'm curious about needle-phobic people; are your ears pierced and if so, where did you get the fortitude for that voluntary skin puncture? Perhaps none of you have any piercings, but if you do, try some mind tricks about piercing for your next needle.

I actually kind of like watching that part. I’m kind of just curious about it since I don’t have experience drawing blood or giving injections. 

I had my first dose of progesterone yesterday. That one was interesting because they redesigned it so it can be given in the back of the upper arm. There’s a plastic portion around the needle that retracts when it’s pressed against your skin - I didn’t even feel the needle go in and I couldn’t see it either. It was kind of cool, though it started to hurt a bit when the medicine started going in. And I’ve been tired and nauseous since getting it, so that isn’t too fun. 

• Love 7

2 hours ago, LillyP said:

I'm living proof you can get over your fear of needles. It's amazing what pregnancy can make you do! 

I have always been TERRIFIED of needles, like a paralyzing fear even since I was a child. I managed to get through a couple of blood draws when trying to get pregnant. Then when my first pregnancy ended up being an Ectopic I had a TON of blood draws as well as a Methotrexate injection. Every couple of days I had to go back in for another draw until my levels reached 0. I felt like I was constantly getting poked. By the time I went into the hospital to have a baby I didn't even flinch when they started my IV. 

That’s great for you, but it’s not everyone’s story. Some people don’t just have a “fear”, they have a true phobia. They just don’t go back for those blood draws. They risk their health. Literally, they dont get the medical treatment they need. That’s the difference between a fear and a phobia.

A phobia is a fear ramped up to such a level that you act in ways that are harmful to you

• Move Along 5
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Hisey said:

That’s great for you, but it’s not everyone’s story. Some people don’t just have a “fear”, they have a true phobia. They just don’t go back for those blood draws. They risk their health. Literally, they dont get the medical treatment they need. That’s the difference between a fear and a phobia.

A phobia is a fear ramped up to such a level that you act in ways that are harmful to you

Good lord I feel like every post on this site has to include a disclaimer not to get your panties in a wad. I'm fully aware there are people with major phobias they don't just easily "get over". I'm obviously not talking about those people....but for the average person who has a fear of needles it IS possible to get poked & proded enough that they eventually don't bother you. Do I love having my blood taken? Of course not. But as someone who would literally sit in a chair and cry at the thought of having their blood drawn - I've come a long way. My statement was meant to be tongue in cheek but if you feel the need to be defensive by all means....

• Upvote 19
  • Love 6

2 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

Just reading this makes me feel sick. I hate needles, but even worse is an IV. The thought of something being threaded through a vein is so horrifying. I'm a huge baby about that. Last month I had an emergency type surgery for an aneurysm on my splenic artery. NO ONE told me that the surgery would involve LOTS OF THREADING OF THINGS THROUGH MY VEINS.

I was so bratty. They started 2 IVs, told me all about the risks of the endovascular procedure, tried to start an arterial line (wtf??)

I was so whiney, anxious and probably mean (I'm never mean) that they just went ahead and knocked me out early. 

shuddddderrrr

I hope your surgery went well and you're doing much better!

IVs suck but it's a good thing I'm used to them since I'm in medical school, lol. To be honest, I'm not afraid but I do get a little frustrated when I go through the annoying process of trying to find my invisible veins... Can you believe that once they put the IV in my leg because no one could find the veins in my arms and hands?

Edited by HermioneSparrow
  • Love 4

6 hours ago, Bobology said:

My friend is needle phobic. She'd like her ears pierced but knows it is impossible. Or it feels impossible to her. Believe me, if you choose to skip a medical procedure because of the needle, you don't even consider an unnecessary cosmetic procedure.

Edited by Hisey
  • Thank You 1

On 6/7/2019 at 9:51 PM, ohgeeze999 said:

The response ???

F0464F57-173F-4838-B7CA-8796F21C58E9.jpeg

Hmmmm to me it reads as if she is insinuating that he is gay? Sorry but that’s just not ok. We have rules in this forum to not speculate about unmarried Fundies that still live at home. Last time I checked that included Lawson (even though he seems to have tons of leeway and is a piece of work).

And I don’t think it’s ok to comment on people’s sexuality if they explicitly didn’t open the discussion themselves. Not even when it’s about hypocritical Fundies. And especially not when it’s obviously meant to mock and offend.

Long story cut short: I don’t think we should celebrate the poster because her second comment was just out of line, in bad taste and condescending. 

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

12 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

I hope your surgery went well and you're doing much better!

IVs suck but it's a good thing I'm used to them since I'm in medical school, lol. To be honest, I'm not afraid but I do get a little frustrated when I go through the annoying process of trying to find my invisible veins... Can you believe that once they put the IV in my leg because no one could find the veins in my arms and hands?

I also have invisible veins.I have been stuck 3,4,7 times,before they find a "good" vein.My veins also roll and collapse.

I have had an IV in my hand,not my leg,though,yet.

My son had to have surgery,when he was a year old,they brought him back with an IV in his neck.

• Upvote 6

15 minutes ago, melon said:

I also have invisible veins.I have been stuck 3,4,7 times,before they find a "good" vein.My veins also roll and collapse.

I have had an IV in my hand,not my leg,though,yet.

My son had to have surgery,when he was a year old,they brought him back with an IV in his neck.

You understand the struggle. Poor little fella, in his neck! I've seen IVs in the head but in the neck sounds awful! 

• Love 3

Neck lines are not peripheral IVs, they are central lines which go into bigger vessels. They are very stable and used for more caustic medications and higher concentrations of glucose that can cause damage to smaller, peripheral veins. These lines are often times more stable too, requiring fewer sticks for the patient. The smaller the patient, the smaller the vessels. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

4 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Hmmmm to me it reads as if she is insinuating that he is gay? Sorry but that’s just not ok. We have rules in this forum to not speculate about unmarried Fundies that still live at home. Last time I checked that included Lawson (even though he seems to have tons of leeway and is a piece of work).

And I don’t think it’s ok to comment on people’s sexuality if they explicitly didn’t open the discussion themselves. Not even when it’s about hypocritical Fundies. And especially not when it’s obviously meant to mock and offend.

Long story cut short: I don’t think we should celebrate the poster because her second comment was just out of line, in bad taste and condescending. 

I totally agree. The poster is pretty terrible too, just a different kind of terrible than Lawson.

• Upvote 14

15 hours ago, Bobology said:

I was done after the first ear, but then it hurt more to take it out so we went ahead with the other.

• Love 3

Needle phobic here, not a single piercing or tattoo. Nope nope nope no way I would do that voluntarily! 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

I am absolutely cringing reading about iv's! Ugh!! I've only had one IV in my life so far (thankfully) and it wasn't bad at all but the thought of it makes me so squeemish!! Ugh!!! Yuk yuk yuk! You guys should see me reading this thread! I've got my hands on my head cringing! haha

• I Agree 1
  • Love 2

9 hours ago, nolongerIFBx said:

I was done after the first ear, but then it hurt more to take it out so we went ahead with the other.

I hate needles with an intense passion. I wanted to get my ears pierced and freaked out and backed out so many times as a child. My mother ended up lying to me. I was sitting in the chair about to back out. She told me that they were "measuring" my ears. They did them both at the same time and I freaked out at the pain, but survived. 

When my doctor suspected that I had chronic leukemia a few years ago, he sent me to a hypnotist to help me get ready for all the testing that I had to have done. Still not perfect, but I manage to zone out (my words) enough to get through the tests. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 7

@Bobology I do not have a phobia, but definitely grew up very afraid of needles. Freshman year of college I found a stranger in the first week of school to hold my hand while getting either a flu shot or immunization I needed. I got my first flu shot without holding anyone's hand when I was like 22. I'm afraid of a lot of things that I continue to do anyway, mainly flying. Despite my needle fear (still can't look at IVs going in other people or can't look at my own shots or blood work being taken), I have had my ear lobes pierced twice, my nose pierced twice, my cartilage pierced, and two tattoos. Again, I would NEVER say I have a phobia of it, but just to give a perspective from someone that really really wanted these things despite being afraid :)

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

18 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Agrred. Worst of all, the poster is acting like being gay is an insult. Why is everyone celebrating behavior like that? Yes, I know it would be an insult to him, but why go there at all?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

I don't know if I have invisible veins or not. I do like to joke my veins hide every time they see that needle coming. Its just so hard to get a good vein. They usually have to poke three or four difference places on both of my arms before finding something or giving up. I thought with all my problems I'd finally get over my phobia of needles but no such luck. When I was on Humira for awhile having to give myself shots I though that would help me get over it. Nope. Although the first time I went to get my new IV medicine at the outpatient hospital it really didn't help my nerves at all to see the nurse trying to draw blood from the patient next to me got vein real good but the needle slipped and blood came flying out.  That did not help at all. 

• Love 6

On 6/7/2019 at 3:43 AM, VelociRapture said:

Here you go:

D15438AF-8FC8-435B-BA33-B315C3926010.thumb.jpeg.27495eb25bb9f201adfa238270692402.jpeg

Anyone else find his response laughably hilarious given his bad habit of hating on women, specifically minority women, on Twitter? 

Please someone with instagram or twitter reuse his answer word for word the next time he posts something hateful! That would be beautiful!

On 6/8/2019 at 3:54 PM, VelociRapture said:

I’m still planning to be ready for the birth by early October anyways. My kids take after me in the sense that they enjoy trolling their parents. ?

This one will be a week late then. That would be excellent trolling! 

On 6/8/2019 at 8:50 PM, SassyPants said:

I have heard so many people say this exact thing. The mind is an interesting thing, for sure. I have no needle phobias at all and have drawn blood, started IVs and given thousands of injections, yet I would have a really hard time pricking my own finger tip-

I’ve never been particularly afraid of needles but after our ivf’s and the houndreds of shots I had to get or give myself they don’t bother me at all. I’m also good with showing my private parts to complete strangers now. 

When I was younger I had to do a test that included having needles inserted in to different muscles and wiggled around. It measured the activity in the muscle and was horrible. Sometimes they had to move the needle to find the muscle properly and it was so painful. There was one muscle on top of the tumb that hurt so much I couldn’t stop crying. One of the more painful things I have ever done. The next time I wouldn’t let the doctor test that one. He assured me something had just gone wrong last time but I told him there was nothing wrong with that muscle and move along. The death stare obviously worked because he did. :laughing-rollingred:

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Iamtheway said:

Please someone with instagram or twitter reuse his answer word for word the next time he posts something hateful! That would be beautiful!

This one will be a week late then. That would be excellent trolling! 

I’ve never been particularly afraid of needles but after our ivf’s and the houndreds of shots I had to get or give myself they don’t bother me at all. I’m also good with showing my private parts to complete strangers now. 

When I was younger I had to do a test that included having needles inserted in to different muscles and wiggled around. It measured the activity in the muscle and was horrible. Sometimes they had to move the needle to find the muscle properly and it was so painful. There was one muscle on top of the tumb that hurt so much I couldn’t stop crying. One of the more painful things I have ever done. The next time I wouldn’t let the doctor test that one. He assured me something had just gone wrong last time but I told him there was nothing wrong with that muscle and move along. The death stare obviously worked because he did. :laughing-rollingred:

The fingertips have many, many superficial nerve endings, so while it seems like such an easy procedure, it hurts like hell.

• Upvote 2

As per the thread title, I present to you defrauding. Who said something about modesty, stirring of feelings and such? I wonder what bible verse or proverb this would be? 

Source: Trace Instagram stories from yesterday. 

Screenshot_20190617-213642.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 15

6 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Wait, who is that?

Chad, I believe. However, I think the picture is funnier than it is defrauding. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic