IGNORED

Lawson Bates 3

Coconut Flan

I can't watch the video right now (family asleep in hotel room and I don't have headphones) but I would object to referring to the 911 suicide bombers as "some people who did something," if that's truly what was said. That's a statement to be made about a flash mob dancing in a mall or a park, imo. Intentionally killing thousands of innocent people is should not be brushed aside so casually, imo. They were terrorists and murderers and deserve to be referred to as such- regardless of which religion the follow. 

ETA: I just read the comments in context. Still not an appropriate word choice (imo) but not meant in the way Lawson and the orange menace are implying.

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/04/rep-ilhan-omars-9-11-comments-in-context/

Edited by Kelsey
Add more thoughts and link
  • Upvote 3

Where was Rep. Crenshaw when Trump said there were good people on both sides of in Charlottesville? I personally don't see a huge difference in calling white supremacists and neo-nazis "good people" and terrorists "some people".

I also personally think Rep. Omar can put her foot in her mouth at various times and maybe needs to consider more how her words may sound (in general, not this specific instance). However, she gets repeatedly and unfairly slammed in the media and by the GOP repeatedly solely because she is an Islamic woman of color and that is 100% not okay.

TLDR: Lawson is a racist. Nobody here is surprised. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Not that I’m surprised given the fact his parents used to use Klansmen in some of their decorating. 

Didn’t someone here write a “Gaston” parody about Gil Bates? Please tell me this phrase was featured!

Anyway, fundies loooooove the specter of the “muslim extremist terrorist” because it allows them to disavow their own extremism and the harm it causes. We’re not burning people alive so obviously we’re not really extremists!!

re: Omar, it should be painfully clear after Lawson’s stupid incest remark that what bothers him is not anything Omar says, it’s her being a brown woman speaking in Congress.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, nickelodeon said:

Didn’t someone here write a “Gaston” parody about Gil Bates? Please tell me this phrase was featured!

Anyway, fundies loooooove the specter of the “muslim extremist terrorist” because it allows them to disavow their own extremism and the harm it causes. We’re not burning people alive so obviously we’re not really extremists!!

re: Omar, it should be painfully clear after Lawson’s stupid incest remark that what bothers him is not anything Omar says, it’s her being a brown woman speaking in Congress.

Yes! That was actually me! I didn’t do the whole song, but yes that phrase was very much featured. 

I think it went something like:

No one grifts like Gil Bates

Avoids work like Gil Bates

No one has too many kids to feed like Gil Bates

He uses Klansmen in some of his DECORATING!

My what a guy! Gil BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATES!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 11
  • Love 5

On 4/2/2019 at 9:35 AM, VBOY9977 said:

He’s gross. We’re sleeping on his Twitter btw. It’s awful. And he deletes tweets after a while to leave little evidence of his asshole-ness ?

Asshole is at it again/still. Sample under spoiler.

But yes he is retweeting a lot of hate.

Oh, and he has a band?

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190425-184319.jpg

Edited by WiseGirl
added text
  • Upvote 3

Lawson is a vile person and I wouldn't be surprised if most of the family shares his beliefs but know enough to keep it quiet. 

• Upvote 12

Right, because Lawson cares sooooo much about victims of sexual harassment. Always confronting abuse in his community, that Lawson. Where was this indignation when he was swanning around the wedding for Tabitha and her rapist husband?

• Upvote 18

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Lawson is a vile person and I wouldn't be surprised if most of the family shares his beliefs but know enough to keep it quiet. 

I saw his post on insta talking about this, calling catholics brothers, weird knowing his story as missionary to the philippines, and the fundie obsesion that catholics arent real christians. I guess they make an exception if they can use their death for political gain.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

12 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

Right, because Lawson cares sooooo much about victims of sexual harassment. Always confronting abuse in his community, that Lawson. Where was this indignation when he was swanning around the wedding for Tabitha and her rapist husband?

My thought exactly. Biden is an evil child molester but Josh Duggar is just fine??  These people have a skewed view of the world. 

And Lawson 100% missed the point telling that woman she would be more scared of Al Qaeda if she lived an Islamic country...her point was that as Americans we have bigger problems to worry about than Islamic terrorism. He's an incredibly entitled idiot. 

• Upvote 15

I use to have not exactly a soft spot for Lawson, but some kind of respect for him given how hard he had to work as a teen to mantaine his family. Now I can stand him, not even on instagram where he is how can I say, just obnoxius and no so heatfull as on Twitter.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

34 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Lawson has retweeted these things 

Hide contents

Hide contents

Linda Sarsour was just here. Loved, loved, loved her. (off topic!)

• Upvote 1

On 4/3/2019 at 1:27 PM, backyard sylph said:

Lately there are just two teams here, whether or not we all fit on them. To the rest of the world, they look like center-right and far-right having it out with each other, and therefore any view that would be considered somewhat liberal elsewhere is labeled far left here. 

I think this is called moving the Overton Window

• Upvote 4

I’d love to see him try to explain away why Biden is a problem but Smuggar isn’t. Or why he was totes cool with Tabitha Paine marrying a convicted sexual predator, but somehow Biden* is more of a threat to women and girls. Or why he only seems to care about Catholics when he can use their deaths to promote his hate. I would genuinely love to watch the mental gymnastics it would take for him to adequately defend any of that, but I have a feeling he’d just delete the comments and act like no one ever questioned him. Fundie Bro is super brave until someone calls him out on the bullshit. 

God. These assholes almost make me want to go back to Catholicism because it’s pissing me off how inaccurate their thoughts are about Catholicism - and I haven’t even been Catholic for almost twenty years and have numerous serious problems with the Church that have kept me from returning. So congrats Bateses. You’ve almost got me to rejoin the wrong form of Christianity. 

*Oh yeah. Because Biden is a Democrat and a Catholic and supports a woman’s right to make decisions best for her. And Hillary is a woman and a Democrat and a Methodist. And Obama is a black Democrat who had the audacity to rise above his “proper” place in the world (which I’m guessing is right below Lawson because he’s a Godly white man. :pb_rollseyes:)

Edited by VelociRapture
My phone autocorrected “it’s pissing me off” to “its pudding me off.” Lol!
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

More vileness from Lawson with thing he retweeted. He apparently didn't get the family memo about hiding the hate. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 5

I really wouldn't have a problem with the Candace Owens tweet if she hadn't thrown 'anti-Christianity' in there.  That she can compare those two groups when talking about persecution is astounding.  Sorry, Candace, there has been no Holocaust for Christians. Not even close. So you need to shut up and stop glomming on to other people's unspeakable tragedies. 

• Upvote 25

On 4/19/2019 at 10:07 AM, front hugs > duggs said:

I personally don't see a huge difference in calling white supremacists and neo-nazis "good people" and terrorists "some people".

I don't either.  I think they are both despicable statements and say a lot about the speaker.

• Upvote 2

Jesus Christ, as if he really gives two shits about Jewish people or about anti-semitism, except as a cudgel he can use to whack Democrats/liberals/leftists. The real problems with anti-semitism across both aisles cannot, in my opinion, be critiqued by someone who would advocate exporting all Jewish people to Israel to bring about the end times. And the attempt to sneak "anti-Christianity" in as something equivalent to antisemitism is rich, considering white supremacists (in America at least) are often also Protestants who hate Catholics and Jews, almost like a certain fundie family...the name's on the tip of my tongue...

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4

On 4/25/2019 at 6:53 PM, formergothardite said:

Regarding his whining about the phrase Easter Worshipers,  that wasn't even something he thought of on his own. I know for a fact I saw that mentioned on Faux News before he made that tweet.  (I don't watch that channel, but one of the commentators I follow on Youtube was making fun of that statement, and he played the video clip.)

Edited by The Mother Dust
  • Upvote 11
  • Thank You 1

People were killed, and all that smug asshole cares about is the wording of somebody else's tweet? Nothing to say about those who died, their families, or citizens of Sri Lanka? Fuck off, Lawson!

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

Types like Lawson (and Jessa Seewald and maybe other fundies too) like to pretend they care so much about Jewish people in particular and Jewish history/heritage, yet they don't hesitate to compare the horrible crimes of the Holocaust to abortion or perhaps even the use of birth control.

No critical thinking whatsoever. 

• Upvote 14

Did Lawson share anything about donating to victims in Sri Lanka? No. All he did was #thoughtsandprayers, and bitched about terminology.  

If you care so much about your Christian brothers and sisters, Lawson, you could at least have shared something like https://slredcross.give.asia/campaign/support-the-victims-of-sri-lanka-bombings

Hypocritical preening asshat,

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

On 4/28/2019 at 3:05 PM, The Mother Dust said:

Regarding his whining about the phrase Easter Worshipers,  that wasn't even something he thought of on his own. I know for a fact I saw that mentioned on Faux News before he made that tweet.  (I don't watch that channel, but one of the commentators I follow on Youtube was making fun of that statement, and he played the video clip.)

Yup. Lawson’s politics consist entirely of internalizing and repeating back what people in “authority” say to him. Again, this is the only way he and his siblings have been taught to digest information.

• Upvote 14

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic