IGNORED

Lawson Bates 3

Coconut Flan

8 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Lawson on Instagram: Must be a sad life, spending all your time hating people you don’t even know!

Lawson on Twitter: Did you know that ILLEGALS murder BILLIONS of American children EVERY DAY and then WALK FREE? Buy my single “Freedom Sure Ain’t Free” on iTunes!

For the love of Rufus, someone please copy and paste his response and repost it on 1000s of his racist hate filled tweets.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

A quick google search would tell him that America's population doesn't even reach a billion. But sure, it's good to know the eeeeeevil illegals somehow gain the power to kill more American children than there are Americans. Those reality-warping bastards! 

• Upvote 7
  • Confused 1
  • Love 1

My post wasn’t a quote; Lawson probably knows there aren’t billions of people in the US; in fact, he probably really likes that statistic about how all the world’s population could fit in L.A. and so overpopulation isn’t real. I’m j’accusing him of being susceptible to racist scaremongering, not bad at math.

• Upvote 13

On 6/4/2019 at 7:30 PM, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

Thanks for the info!  He should say "constable" to make it more clear.
Is this a common thing in rural areas?  I've never heard of it until JD Duggar and now Lawson.

Just like he did when he said he played the Grand Ole Opry STAGE (technically correct in that he performed on the stage of the Opryhouse) but actually played at a Christian music awards event and NOT as part of the Grand Ole Opry production as his comment led his followers to believe, Lawson is being intentionally misleading so as to make what he does sound WAY more important than what it is.  Around here, we call that high falutin'.  Putting on airs.  Gettin above your rasin'.  Outside of the Southern vernacular, it is called being a douche canoe.  

Constable is a NOTHING job.  You can get elected to it, but you ain't got to do jack nothing.  The counties in the state with any significant population (Davidson/Nashville, Williamson/Franklin and Brentwood, Shelby/Memphis, Rutherford/Murfreesboro, and Hamilton/Chattanooga) no longer utilize this antiquated position, as they have fully operational police forces.  The constable is a throwback to the colonial era.  The position, while elected, is fully voluntary and uncompensated, though they can earn money as process servers, serving lawsuits and summonses.   They can serve as bailiffs in courtrooms, or in any capacity that another police or sheriff's officer, would, and they have the power to arrest people, but honestly, I'm not sure under what circumstances they'd do so without proper process/a warrant.  In addition, they don't have the same training other LEOs have, though I do think there was a bill proposed that would have required yearly training for constables.  In the past, they only had to complete training their first year of service.  I honestly haven't had to deal with them as I don't live and/or practice in a county where they are part of the justice system. 

Edited by QuiverDance
  • Upvote 14
  • Thank You 12

29 minutes ago, QuiverDance said:

Around here, we call that high falutin'.  Putting on airs.  Gettin above your rasin'.  Outside of the Southern vernacular,

Do we have the same Gramma?  You should just like her.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

33 minutes ago, QuiverDance said:

Just like he did when he said he played the Grand Ole Opry STAGE (technically correct in that he performed on the stage of the Opryhouse) but actually played at a Christian music awards event and NOT as part of the Grand Ole Opry production as his comment led his followers to believe, Lawson is being intentionally misleading so as to make what he does sound WAY more important than what it is.  Around here, we call that high falutin'.  Putting on airs.  Gettin above your rasin'.  Outside of the Southern vernacular, it is called being a douche canoe.  

Constable is a NOTHING job.  You can get elected to it, but you ain't got to do jack nothing.  The counties in the state with any significant population (Davidson/Nashville, Williamson/Franklin and Brentwood, Shelby/Memphis, Rutherford/Murfreesboro, and Hamilton/Chattanooga) no longer utilize this antiquated position, as they have fully operational police forces.  The constable is a throwback to the colonial era.  The position, while elected, is fully voluntary and uncompensated, though they can earn money as process servers, serving lawsuits and summonses.   They can serve as bailiffs in courtrooms, or in any capacity that another police or sheriff's officer, would, and they have the power to arrest people, but honestly, I'm not sure under what circumstances they'd do so without proper process/a warrant.  In addition, they don't have the same training other LEOs have, though I do think there was a bill proposed that would have required yearly training for constables.  In the past, they only had to complete training their first year of service.  I honestly haven't had to deal with them as I don't live and/or practice in a county where they are part of the justice system. 

This might just be the single best thing I’ve seen written on here all day. I can’t stop laughing because I’m imagining one of the characters in “Steel Magnolias” saying it in that beautiful southern drawl and it just keeps cracking me up. ?

• Upvote 6

Wait.....should this be my new life goal? Should I get elected constable? Do we have those in the north!?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7

8 hours ago, onyourwayhome said:

Sadie Robertson is engaged, looking out for a snarky selfie from Lawson. ?

She’s 21 and they got engaged on his 19th birthday. Sadie, you cougar!

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 5

18 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

This might just be the single best thing I’ve seen written on here all day. I can’t stop laughing because I’m imagining one of the characters in “Steel Magnolias” saying it in that beautiful southern drawl and it just keeps cracking me up. ?

This is high praise.  I am honored. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

On 6/5/2019 at 7:38 PM, nickelodeon said:

When called on to explain the difference between Zach's legit police job and what John David and the other Bateses do, we should definitely say "Zach's a full-time sheriff's deputy; Lawson and the rest are just Paw Patrol."

I feel like this is highly offensive to the Paw Patrol. They do actual jobs like rescue lost chickens and stuff. They also seem very nice and friendly to everyone. There was never a ”Chase takes 200 selfies” or ”Skye poses with small children” episode. 

”No job is too big, no pup is too small! Paw Patrol!”

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 37
  • Love 3

On 6/10/2019 at 8:09 AM, onyourwayhome said:

Sadie Robertson is engaged, looking out for a snarky selfie from Lawson. ?

Poor Lawson. Bom, bom, bom, another one bites the dust.........?

• Upvote 1

Wouldn’t Sadie Robertson be damaged goods to Lawson?  She has had physical relationship(s) with men.  I’m not saying she isn’t a virgin or whatever, but she did say she welcomed sin into a relationship.  She also danced to non Christian music on TV!

I can’t see Lawson, or Nathan for that matter being ok with that, they strike me as having fragile egos. I don’t think he ever had a shot with her regardless.

*100% speculation and my theory. I do think Zach sucked it up and accepted Whitney for living a normal life before they met.  The odds of Whitney never having a boyfriend or kissing a guy by the age of 20 seem pretty low. I’ve always thought they kissed before the wedding because it wouldn’t have been her first time, just Zach’s and that would have been weird.

• Upvote 4

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 3:12 PM, QuiverDance said:

Anderson County has been loathe to remove the positions of constable because of a throwback of something that happened in Clinton in the 1950s. Clinton High School was set to be the first school integrated. The KKK, NAACP, and loads of other groups had race riots in what was then a tiny, rural town outside Knoxville. This went on for two years with people being bussed in to join the fights. National Guard, troopers, etc. were called in over it and any man over 18 was deputized to try to get control of the situation. People's cars were turned over. A minister was beaten. The list goes on. 

Someone, still unknown, didn't like the idea and decided to blow up the school one Sunday morning. My mother was down the street at home when it happened. The school bombing marked the end of the riots soon after. But the feeling remained that "outsiders" had invaded and caused trouble in Anderson County. My grandfather, who was pretty racist, would often remark that Clinton could have taken care of things better if people were being bussed in on either side.  

As a result, Anderson County has kept various levels of responders, including volunteer fire, constables, explorers, etc. A lot of the old guard has died off, but there is still some of that mentality of having more people wandering around with badges and guns than without. It's not the only reason, but it is a big part of the history of Anderson County and how the government is a little wonkier than some. 

• Thank You 12

42 minutes ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

Anderson County has been loathe to remove the positions of constable because of a throwback of something that happened in Clinton in the 1950s. Clinton High School was set to be the first school integrated. The KKK, NAACP, and loads of other groups had race riots in what was then a tiny, rural town outside Knoxville. This went on for two years with people being bussed in to join the fights. National Guard, troopers, etc. were called in over it and any man over 18 was deputized to try to get control of the situation. People's cars were turned over. A minister was beaten. The list goes on. 

Someone, still unknown, didn't like the idea and decided to blow up the school one Sunday morning. My mother was down the street at home when it happened. The school bombing marked the end of the riots soon after. But the feeling remained that "outsiders" had invaded and caused trouble in Anderson County. My grandfather, who was pretty racist, would often remark that Clinton could have taken care of things better if people were being bussed in on either side.  

As a result, Anderson County has kept various levels of responders, including volunteer fire, constables, explorers, etc. A lot of the old guard has died off, but there is still some of that mentality of having more people wandering around with badges and guns than without. It's not the only reason, but it is a big part of the history of Anderson County and how the government is a little wonkier than some. 

can you explain this please. I am not American.

So he wanted both white people and african americans bussed in?

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

I think he wanted nobody bused in and for locals to handle it.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Kelsey said:

I think he wanted nobody bused in and for locals to handle it.

3 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

The governor and mayor, etc. wanted all outside people out. The opposing sides were both sending in people to protest, cause trouble, etc. The racial tension in a small southern town was high even before the courts wanted the schools integrated. Add bus loads of KKK members on some street corners, more bus loads of African Americans on others, people fighting over what side others were on, etc. From what my family who remembers it have said, it was rough. There were families who had children who were not African American but were Native American or Hispanic who were afraid to let their children play outside, as people were threatening anyone of color. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

1 hour ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

The governor and mayor, etc. wanted all outside people out. The opposing sides were both sending in people to protest, cause trouble, etc. The racial tension in a small southern town was high even before the courts wanted the schools integrated. Add bus loads of KKK members on some street corners, more bus loads of African Americans on others, people fighting over what side others were on, etc. From what my family who remembers it have said, it was rough. There were families who had children who were not African American but were Native American or Hispanic who were afraid to let their children play outside, as people were threatening anyone of color. 

ah thank you now I see.

11 hours ago, TeaELSee said:

Wouldn’t Sadie Robertson be damaged goods to Lawson?  She has had physical relationship(s) with men.  I’m not saying she isn’t a virgin or whatever, but she did say she welcomed sin into a relationship.  She also danced to non Christian music on TV!

I can’t see Lawson, or Nathan for that matter being ok with that, they strike me as having fragile egos. I don’t think he ever had a shot with her regardless.

*100% speculation and my theory. I do think Zach sucked it up and accepted Whitney for living a normal life before they met.  The odds of Whitney never having a boyfriend or kissing a guy by the age of 20 seem pretty low. I’ve always thought they kissed before the wedding because it wouldn’t have been her first time, just Zach’s and that would have been weird.

But Sadie brings a level of fame and normalcy that Lawson craves. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

On 6/14/2019 at 3:08 AM, grandmadugger said:

But Sadie brings a level of fame and normalcy that Lawson craves. 

Yes! There is so much to be said about this and so much being said around the snarkverse about Lawson and his past with women. I am quite sure 99% of it is speculation because he surely embellishes and isn't always honest about his experiences. But I think considering how much he likes the limelight and pushes to make it in the music industry, I think he would want someone who is also semi to fully famous. With that said, I always thought he and Sadie were just co-worker friends. Who knows.

Edited by TatiFish9
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

For those interested (like me), there was a documentary made for PBS in 2006 regarding the desegregation story @rebeccawriter01 referenced.  It looks like it's available on youtube now.

Correction:  Below isn't the PBS documentary since James Earl Jones narrated that one, and this is not James Earl Jones.  But still...I'm watching it anyway.  :)  

Edited by Tim-Tom Biblethumper
Not THE Clinton 12 doc
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

12 hours ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

For those interested (like me), there was a documentary made for PBS in 2006 regarding the desegregation story @rebeccawriter01 referenced.  It looks like it's available on youtube now.

Correction:  Below isn't the PBS documentary since James Earl Jones narrated that one, and this is not James Earl Jones.  But still...I'm watching it anyway.  :)  

Yes, I ended up buying it a few years ago because there were some random shots of video and photos that included family members (both good and bad). The used car lot shown at about the 42 minute mark was owned by some of my extended family. My mother's immediate family was very poor and lived in the housing projects there in Clinton. 

Edited by rebeccawriter01
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Got bored and went to look at Jinger's videos on Cameo. Then got bored of that and decided to see if anyone else was on there and found out fave "officer."

• Haha 6

So Lawson continues to be human trash on twitter, retweeting people effectively claiming it's okay to separate immigrant kids from their parents and put them in concentration camps because they're pretty much just going to become murderers when they grow up anyway. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 10

Oooof.

A few weeks ago he deep-cleaned his twitter to remove anything incendiary, but it looks like he’s busy replenishing it. Funky mixture of puerile, cartoonish nationalism and alarming cruelty in his retweets — he’s constantly furious about people “disrespecting the flag” but A-OK with American concentration camps.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic