IGNORED

Lawson Bates 3

Coconut Flan

17 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

Lawson isn't bitter about being single. He could be courting next week and married in three months flat if he wanted.

Wasn't there a fundie singer moving from CA to TN that seemed like a good match for Lawson? She was super pretty too.

I just figure Lawson is in a relationship-- with himself! He posts so many pictures of himself.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Audrey2 said:

I just figure Lawson is in a relationship-- with himself! He posts so many pictures of himself.

Hey, I’m in one of those - don’t knock it.  I’m a great date for me - I never want to do stuff I dont enjoy, no annoying inlaws, and I never want sex when I’m not in the mood.

dating oneself has its advantages!

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 16
  • I Agree 4

4 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Hey, I’m in one of those - don’t knock it.  I’m a great date for me - I never want to do stuff I dont enjoy, no annoying inlaws, and I never want sex when I’m not in the mood.

But @HerNameIsBuffy, you are charming and have class. Lawson is just an ass.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

You have a healthier relationship with yourself than I do. I find myself wanting sex AND not being in the mood ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 22

How can Paw Patrol Officer Lawson respond to cries for help when he has airbuds in his ears? 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 16

We really need an eye-roll reaction.  In lieu of that, ???.  Thrice!  Thrice I roll my eyes at you, Paw Patrol Officer Lawson!  (Thanks @HereticHick)

I am wondering if any fundies have ever joined the armed forces.  On the surface, it seems like it would kind of fit in with their values, and honestly, it could probably be a great way for them to get some real skills and education, along with a broader world view.  I am guessing that's precisely why they don't do it, though.  I am sure that they are big on honoring service members and veterans, etc. but I do wonder if any of them have ever volunteered to serve? Anyone know?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

3 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

We really need an eye-roll reaction.  In lieu of that, ???.  Thrice!  Thrice I roll my eyes at you, Paw Patrol Officer Lawson!  (Thanks @HereticHick)

I am wondering if any fundies have ever joined the armed forces.  On the surface, it seems like it would kind of fit in with their values, and honestly, it could probably be a great way for them to get some real skills and education, along with a broader world view.  I am guessing that's precisely why they don't do it, though.  I am sure that they are big on honoring service members and veterans, etc. but I do wonder if any of them have ever volunteered to serve? Anyone know?

There is at least one fundie that is in the army (Tim White, the father of Heistheway) but maybe he was just a regular christian when he joined and radicalized later? i wouldnt be surprised if some of his sons join the army in the future though, and they are definitely being raised fundie.

I think one of the middle Bates boys was said to be interested in the army when he was younger ( maybe it was Jackson?) but nothing did come out of that and now that he is older doesnt seem into that anymore.

• Thank You 1

3 hours ago, llucie said:

There is at least one fundie that is in the army (Tim White, the father of Heistheway) but maybe he was just a regular christian when he joined and radicalized later? i wouldnt be surprised if some of his sons join the army in the future though, and they are definitely being raised fundie.

I think the Whites absolutely radicalized as adults. The Whites met while they were  both attending the US Naval Academy--Franicia dropped out to marry him.  It enrages me that she threw away a free prestigious education for that, and now they seem to have no desire to send their children to college, and I assume there is no way they would allow any of their daughters to serve.

Fundy Christians seem of the IBLP crowd love to yak about how they love the military, but they are Christian Dominionists at heart, and most will not allow their sons to serve in the secular military alongside evil wimmin and the gheys.

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

While I knew a decent amount of chest thumping Trump supporters during the 3.5 years I was in the Navy, I didn't meet nearly as many fundies. These Trump supporters didn't tend to be religious. I would add, I also knew a fair amount of decent, kind, thoughtful people in the Navy as well. It's just so frickin weird. The only fundies I know of that explicitly forbid military service are Jehovah's Witnesses. The rest of them have no excuse. It's not just a recent development either. Mike Huckabee, Sean Hannitty, Newt Gingrich, Dick Cheney, Mitt Romney, etc have all done various forms of war mongering and patriotic posturing while all the time done jack squat to serve their country. I am so done with these whiny, pathetic, cry-babies. Done.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

47 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I think the Whites absolutely radicalized as adults. The Whites met while they were  both attending the US Naval Academy--Franicia dropped out to marry him.  It enrages me that she threw away a free prestigious education for that, and now they seem to have no desire to send their children to college, and I assume there is no way they would allow any of their daughters to serve.

Fundy Christians seem of the IBLP crowd love to yak about how they love the military, but they are Christian Dominionists at heart, and most will not allow their sons to serve in the secular military alongside evil wimmin and the gheys.

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Do you need a college education to join the army? Probably not. And its pretty common of sons to follow their fathers steps into the military. I think its likely at least one of the gazillion kids they have will join. Obviously not a daughter.

6 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I know of a few. Not many because full time Christian service was pushed so hard only someone willing to be labelled rebellious would do otherwise. Not because military service wasn't honorable but because it was 2nd best to Christian service.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

On 6/3/2019 at 10:33 AM, HereticHick said:

How can Paw Patrol Officer Lawson respond to cries for help when he has airbuds in his ears? 

So Lawson was "elected" to be a Law Enforcement Officer.  How does that work?  Where I live, officers are hired for a paid position (is he paid?), and the only election is for County Sheriff (also paid).

Did he have an opponent in this election, or did he win by default like John Duggar?

• Upvote 8

10 minutes ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

So Lawson was "elected" to be a Law Enforcement Officer.  How does that work?  Where I live, officers are hired for a paid position (is he paid?), and the only election is for County Sheriff (also paid).

Did he have an opponent in this election, or did he win by default like John Duggar?

Yeah, that makes ZERO sense.

Wait. This must be it.

https://www.heraldcourier.com/news/tennessee-constables-can-do-anything-a-law-enforcement-officer-can/article_a0ecd11f-d0db-546f-acce-c407cfd6931e.html

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

2 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Thanks for the info!  He should say "constable" to make it more clear.
Is this a common thing in rural areas?  I've never heard of it until JD Duggar and now Lawson.

• Upvote 5

On 6/3/2019 at 10:33 AM, HereticHick said:

Paw Patrol Officer Lawson 

This is great! I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. I will henceforth know him as Paw Patrol Lawson.  Do we know what district he was elected from? And why does the fact that he is carrying a gun make me so uneasy? Why are fundies so drawn to police work? This is the 3rd Bates boy in some sort if police work, right? Interesting how they are getting jobs and not following the grifter way if their father.

• Upvote 6

And why, if they are drawn to police work, can't they go full throttle and do all the work to get a real job?

This constable position doesn't reassure me much. Based on that article he's a backup guy. I don't want to entrust Lawson Bates with much. Maybe like, school crossing guard.

They have fifty percent work ethic/skill set/knowledge in so many things. What is the aversion to a full certification in something? It's so frustrating.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

In NY we have auxiliary cops, they’re volunteers but still do the patrols. No real authority. 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

And why, if they are drawn to police work, can't they go full throttle and do all the work to get a real job?

This constable position doesn't reassure me much. Based on that article he's a backup guy. I don't want to entrust Lawson Bates with much. Maybe like, school crossing guard.

They have fifty percent work ethic/skill set/knowledge in so many things. What is the aversion to a full certification in something? It's so frustrating.

Zach did go to police academy & is a real full time Sheriff's deputy.  And I understand that being a constable/auxiliary officer can be a stepping stone to a real paying job, but it is interesting that Lawson hasn't stated that as a goal.  

I get that he needs to pretend for his fans that some day he's going to be a big Christian country singer, but given the national exposure he's had already, and the miniscule amount of performing that he seems willing to do, I just don't believe he's going to get a "big break". But I agree with you, I continue to be baffled by the Gothard's crowd aversion to secular certifications, and I don't know why it isn't discussed more.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 9

When called on to explain the difference between Zach's legit police job and what John David and the other Bateses do, we should definitely say "Zach's a full-time sheriff's deputy; Lawson and the rest are just Paw Patrol."

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 8

19 hours ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

Thanks for the info!  He should say "constable" to make it more clear.
Is this a common thing in rural areas?  I've never heard of it until JD Duggar and now Lawson.

I have no clue. I have never really lived in a truly rural area. It must be a TN/ARK thing! I guess there is some local election process?? Seems expensive when people could, you know, just like fill out a job or volunteer application....

17 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Alice, I love you. You know that. But how could Lawson be a crossing guard? Where would he stash his mirror? On the back of his stop sign?

7 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Zach did go to police academy & is a real full time Sheriff's deputy.  And I understand that being a constable/auxiliary officer can be a stepping stone to a real paying job, but it is interesting that Lawson hasn't stated that as a goal.  

I get that he needs to pretend for his fans that some day he's going to be a big Christian country singer, but given the national exposure he's had already, and the miniscule amount of performing that he seems willing to do, I just don't believe he's going to get a "big break". But I agree with you, I continue to be baffled by the Gothard's crowd aversion to secular certifications, and I don't know why it isn't discussed more.

Because Carlin is wearing JEANS!!!!! And Alyssa must be going fundie light. And everyone is so rebellious!

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I have no clue. I have never really lived in a truly rural area. It must be a TN/ARK thing! I guess there is some local election process?? Seems expensive when people could, you know, just like fill out a job or volunteer application....

Alice, I love you. You know that. But how could Lawson be a crossing guard? Where would he stash his mirror? On the back of his stop sign?

It was a stretch. I was ruminating on all the things they listed in the article.

Crime scene investigation???? Oh dear rufus no.

DUIs/Traffic stops?????? He is entirely too biased.

Serving warrants and papers - I thought about this for a minute. But no. Lawson coming in contact with other adults who may be armed and dangerous is just no good.

That left me with kids. He likes them. Paw Patrol truly fits. (And yes the mirror can go on the back of the sign! Plenty of kids to shoot the photos.)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11

43 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

It was a stretch. I was ruminating on all the things they listed in the article.

Crime scene investigation???? Oh dear rufus no.

DUIs/Traffic stops?????? He is entirely too biased.

Serving warrants and papers - I thought about this for a minute. But no. Lawson coming in contact with other adults who may be armed and dangerous is just no good.

That left me with kids. He likes them. Paw Patrol truly fits. (And yes the mirror can go on the back of the sign! Plenty of kids to shoot the photos.)

So we will know if Lawson reads here if suddenly he is wearing a yellow vest and carrying a bedazzled stop sign. I have no doubt hordes of child photographers stuck at a cross walk while he blue steels would totally be his jam.

• Haha 10

Lawson on Instagram: Must be a sad life, spending all your time hating people you don’t even know!

Lawson on Twitter: Did you know that ILLEGALS murder BILLIONS of American children EVERY DAY and then WALK FREE? Buy my single “Freedom Sure Ain’t Free” on iTunes!

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 22
  • I Agree 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic