IGNORED

Priscilla and David 8: Destiny Faith is here

Coconut Flan

Re socks: I just buy multipacks where it's the same style of sock, but all different colors. I never match them and I don't have to. The only socks I do match are my fancy winter running socks and my fancy hiking socks, which if they came in multipacks, would be as mismatched as the rest of my socks. 

Also, I am glad that the Wallers seem to acknowledge Davia's intelligence and personality; it's certainly an improvement on the Duggars' usual "uh you like Jesus and (if applicable) you have reproduced yay" birthday messages. 

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/25/2018 at 2:59 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Pecan Family’s BFFs (Robert and Kendalyn) are in Europe attending Her sisters graduation from butler school. I had no idea there was still a butler school. I wonder where she will be employed. In a big old European castle? Or some rich person’s private mansion? The kids stayed with the Staddon. Which makes sense. There are plenty of adults still living at home to help with the children. There are more adults in that home than grandchildren actually. 

I'm happy for Kendalyn's older sister got the opportunity to get out of her parents house, although she is unmarried. I hope going to Butler school was her choice and that she finds what makes her happy. Being unmarried sucks so much in their circles and I'm glad to see not another 35+ woman that lives at home as a kidult. 

10 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Its no squalling baby in a dump truck, but it still satisfies--

Looks like Destiny is filling a diaper in the first pic and Davia is smelling it in the second.  Not sure where fun fits in.

8 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Looks like Destiny is filling a diaper in the first pic and Davia is smelling it in the second.  Not sure where fun fits in.

If that's the case, it reminds me of my sister and I. There is a picture of me giving my sister a bottle while Mom is getting ready to go to the store. What is not pictured is that she wet her cloth diaper, and there was a leak in her plastic pants. So, yeah, I've puked on her and she's peed on me!

Maybe Davia's telling Destiny about Prince John of Zambia and Destiny is showing us all that she also thinks that her uncle is full of shit.

1 hour ago, Dandruff said:

I was scrolling by on unread mode and saw this and was deeply confused for a moment. Lol. 

Davia reminds me of another wonderful little fundie (Pentecostal) girl named Abigail Pomeroy.  I fell down that rabbit hole a while ago, and I'm fascinated.  Chelsea Pomeroy is private on Instagram now, but there were all sorts of pictures of Abigail not being the "picture perfect" sister.  She makes faces, says crazy stuff and acts goofy while her sisters pose perfectly and don't do anything that "out of line".  I love it.  May all fundie families have an Abigail Pomeroy, Brooklyn Paine, and Davia Waller.  Rufus Bless!

Daniel is also in a wheel chair in the picture. Hopefully it’s nothing serious. There is a woman behind him in the picture so I’m assuming that might be his girlfriend. Rebekah’s much older boyfriend isn’t in the picture but I believe he was with her recently so I think they are still together.

17 hours ago, NoKidsAndCounting said:

Davia reminds me of another wonderful little fundie (Pentecostal) girl named Abigail Pomeroy.  I fell down that rabbit hole a while ago, and I'm fascinated.  Chelsea Pomeroy is private on Instagram now, but there were all sorts of pictures of Abigail not being the "picture perfect" sister.  She makes faces, says crazy stuff and acts goofy while her sisters pose perfectly and don't do anything that "out of line".  I love it.  May all fundie families have an Abigail Pomeroy, Brooklyn Paine, and Davia Waller.  Rufus Bless!

I have a fundie ish instagram account and I keep trying to get Chelsea to accept my follow request but dammit, Janet. She won't.

On 10/3/2018 at 10:30 AM, JenniferJuniper said:

I almost kinda like the name Faith.  Even though I don't have any myself. 

This atheist is inexplicably in love with the name "Evangeline".... so there you go. ?

9 minutes ago, The Mother Dust said:

This atheist is inexplicably in love with [edit] "Evangeline".... so there you go. ?

Why thank you! ?

5 hours ago, Evangeline said:

Why thank you! ?

Too funny ? .     
I chose not to have kids, so i'll never use it outside of pets, but I do think it's a beautiful name.  I actually suggested it to my sister when she was pregnant with my niece.  (She didn't use it tho..booo) . I just love the way it sounds, classy and feminine without being one of those overly frilly girls' names.  I actually heard it the first time by way of the actress Evangeline Lilly when Lost was on.  I am a bit embarrassed to admit I didn't even make the religious connection with it at first....I just thought, oh, it's like Eve and Angela that sounds pretty.  Then my thought process finally went..."oh...it's like Evangelical, that's the root of that name....double booo!.....aww, I don't care, it's still pretty!"   hehe ?

When I see the name Evangeline, I think of the really long poem by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. I've never read it, but remembered it was a poem.

19 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

When I see the name Evangeline, I think of the really long poem by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. I've never read it, but remembered it was a poem.

Definitely worth reading.

I wouldn't think it was weird if a non-Christian used the name Evangeline! The singer Brandi Carlile has a daughter named Evangeline. She is Christian but obviously very non-fundie and she still used the name. She  actually has a song about being a mother where she mentions choosing the name. (For context, she is gay and these lines are in reference to that)

You are not an accident where no one thought it through
The world has stood against us, made us mean to fight for you
And when we chose your name we knew that you'd fight the power too

The video:

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it looks like David and Priscilla went out into their neighborhood to pass out Christmas cookies, their family picture, AND a copy of Mr. Keller's new book called "Breaking the Bonds of Addiction."  It's posted on their Instagram, but I am not sure how to attach that video here.

1 hour ago, NoKidsAndCounting said:

Well, it looks like David and Priscilla went out into their neighborhood to pass out Christmas cookies, their family picture, AND a copy of Mr. Keller's new book called "Breaking the Bonds of Addiction."  It's posted on their Instagram, but I am not sure how to attach that video here.

I saw that. I’m genuinely curious about this book but not enough to buy it.

Why can't these people just stay home and enjoy their children?  I've always hated carolers showing up at the door when I was a kid.  I always got tasked with the job of standing there shivering while strangers sang at me.

I much prefer carolers to sing in a public place where I can pass them by or stand there and listen.

Oh wow, Destiny is truly a mini Priscilla. It's like looking at Priscilla's face stuck on a baby's body! Amazing! :pb_eek:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived