IGNORED

Priscilla and David 8: Destiny Faith is here

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, lilith said:

More power to them, running marathons with 4 kids under 6, one of whom I presume is still nursing. 

David and Priscilla do seem to enjoy their lifestyle - unlike many 2nd and 3rd generation fundies I think it suits them and they would have chosen it independently (unless David really is just making the best of life deep in the closet). I do think he has grown to truly care for Priscilla, much more than he seemed to early in their relationship.

Because I agree with the comment upthread about him wanting in on the Duggar fame and speaking circuit and think a large part of what initially appealed to him about Priscilla was her closeness to the Duggars and TLC. Their wedding was filmed and broadcast for fucks sake. And early on he was always posting clips and pictures with Josh and Anna but not with any of their other numerous siblings and in-laws.

If he wants to be a big name fundie preacher/speaker he’s going to have to step up his social media presence A LOT. Nobody but ATI folks and Duggar die hards know who he is.

Which is now making me wonder if any of the other Duggar daughters were considered possible Pecan Partners prior to Priscilla.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think David likes living near his BFF Robert. They are the ones that watched the kids while they were both running the race. That’s probably one of the only things that would keep him in TX if he left IBLP

1995E020-3CA9-4301-80CE-2DB1BC2D4202.jpeg

I always wondered what happened to David's "best buds" friendship with Robert. After around a year or so of David's marriage to Priscilla, I noticed that David was rarely pictured with Robert and there weren't many mentions of them. I only saw the couples frequently together while Priscilla was courting David but after the marriage, POOF! Gone.

Given the fact that the David & Robert both still worked at IBLP and didn't move away, I couldn't help but think that Priscilla and Kendalyn didn't "clique" that well. I know Kendalyn frequently held baby showers for Priscilla though and they were always going to the same IBLP parties. Kendalyn is very smart and wanted to go to medical school but her father wouldn't let her. Additionally, I've noticed that it appears (at least to me) that Robert treats Kendalyn as an equal more than David's treatment of Pris.

I know it was speculated that Robert and David had feelings for each other. Another thought I had was that perhaps Priscilla was worried about David being around Robert but at the end of the day, we have no idea if David truly is gay or if he actually fancied Robert.

I think it's more likely that for some reason, David and Robert "grew apart" from each other. Maybe David is too focused on hanging out with the Duggars and climbing the fundamentalist social hierarchy ladder than to be bothered with Robert. Sure, David will use the Staddons for babysitting but they don't seem to hang out with them anymore. 

42 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Which is now making me wonder if any of the other Duggar daughters were considered possible Pecan Partners prior to Priscilla.

I’m sure he would have jumped at any one of them. Jana was leading Journey to the Heart with Priscilla and spending a lot of time with her at about the time they started courting, but no Duggar girls had courted at that point so initiating a courtship with one of them may have been an intimidating prospect. 

Its so weird that their engagement/wedding was so featured on 19 Kids & Counting, but so was Erin Bates - they must have been desperate for content before the constant Duggar courtship/engagement/wedding/babies cycle started.

5 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

I always wondered what happened to David's "best buds" friendship with Robert. After around a year or so of David's marriage to Priscilla, I noticed that David was rarely pictured with Robert and there weren't many mentions of them. I only saw the couples frequently together while Priscilla was courting David but after the marriage, POOF! Gone.

Given the fact that the David & Robert both still worked at IBLP and didn't move away, I couldn't help but think that Priscilla and Kendalyn didn't "clique" that well. I know Kendalyn frequently held baby showers for Priscilla though. Kendalyn is very smart and wanted to go to medical school but her father wouldn't let her. I know it was speculated that Robert and David had feelings for each other for awhile and I thought perhaps Priscilla was worried about David being around Robert but at the end of the day, we have no idea if David truly is gay or if he actually fancied Robert.

The couples still go on double dates and watch each other’s kids all the time. David doesn’t really post much to the blog or instagram anymore.

The Staddons and Pecans hang out together as families a lot now that they all live in Texas. They watch each other’s kids and they get together for fun. Pris and Kendalyn May not click but the rest of them seem to. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived