IGNORED

Priscilla and David 8: Destiny Faith is here

Coconut Flan

On 10/14/2018 at 3:33 AM, AliceInFundyland said:

I do find this concept funny. The execution is slightly too phallic looking for my taste.

Umm i guess i get your point now...

Screenshot_2018-10-19-22-14-44.thumb.jpg.2e01fc96781c20a67f08a018af4e6e64.jpg

The secind one is cute though...somehow
The caption still ses like low key fundie shade #literacy #shortestlabour, guess I spend too much time on FJ too :)

Screenshot_2018-10-19-22-15-41.jpg

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like that they named him Burston. It sounds like some sort of trendy name people would use but it also fits an alien that bursts out of your abdomen. 

Ok I’m posting this here because Pecan and Robert are BFFs. I also have a question. So if Jesus heals and forgives, wouldn't that make a Christian feel it’s ok to get an abortion? Because Jesus will forgive and heal them? I used to be a Christian and I admit, that’s probably what I would have thought if I needed an abortion in my younger years. 

F2856C64-200D-4CAF-AAE0-539CEEC00866.jpeg

Hey if all they did was pray to end abortion - and not terrorizing women walking by an OB GYN office - that would be fine...

10 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

Hey if all they did was pray to end abortion - and not terrorizing women walking by an OB GYN office - that would be fine...

Their signs are so much milder than a lot of the signs I’ve had to pass by. Giant posters of bloody body parts are disgusting. So I admit, when people hold up signs like the Staddons’ sign, I can’t get super worked up over it. They annoy me of course. But they don’t making me completely irate like the others. 

18 hours ago, squiddysquid said:

I love that all these fundies are "praying" to end abortion. They are always praying to end abortion and protesting abortion. Yet, they are never as passionate about the health and safety and well-being of the children currently living. You never hear them "praying" to end childhood cancer. You never hear them "praying" to stop childhood hunger. You never hear them "praying" to end child abuse and neglect. You never hear them "praying" to end child sex trafficking. You never hear them "praying" for homeless children or runaways. 

No, the children who are not yet to be born or exist...those are far more important to "pray" for instead. 

Voting is a great family excursion? There's something seriously wrong with David Waller.

While there are many things wrong with David Waller, I don't think taking his kids to vote with him is one of them. I used to like going with my mom when she voted. I couldn't tell you now exactly what the appeal was but I do remember thinking it was fun.

I think it is bizarre that they would need to document it with a picture and post it on social media. But I think most of the things that people post on social media are mundane and that no one really cares about. Of course, he is trying to glorify his godly and patriotic family because they are so wonderful and an example to all :my_dodgy:. I would say that would be the more annoying part of all of this and extra points if he was trying to proselytize while in line.

David is smarter about PR than the Bates family lately. He didn’t mention anything political. Just that they all went to vote as a family. Which I’m sure appeals to people no matter their political leanings. 

Good for the Wallers. I mean, I'm sure they voted for Cruz and I hate that, but at least they voted? I have to respect that.

I voted this week and there was a mom with a badly-behaved kid behind me in line (badly behaved because 4/5 and ants in his pants, not spoiled or anything.) She could tell I was irritated and was clearly embarrassed and kept scolding him, finally threatening to take him home and not vote. At which point I smartened up, because I didn't want to be the reason she didn't vote. I turned around and told her how great it was that she brought her kid to vote. The poll officers near us chimed in and started telling her kid how awesome it was that he had come to vote with his mom. I didn't see the end (because voting) but I hope that the kid grows up and thinks that voting is great, instead of something that is annoying.  I hope Davia and her brothers and sisters vote -- and learn that they don't have to follow their parents.

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

David is smarter about PR than the Bates family lately. He didn’t mention anything political. Just that they all went to vote as a family. Which I’m sure appeals to people no matter their political leanings. 

Yeah. It appeals to me. Even after I stop and sigh. Kids should know about voting. Not telling our youth about voting isn’t a solution. Let us hope in a generation they will be more forward-thinking about their own. 

8 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Yeah. It appeals to me. Even after I stop and sigh. Kids should know about voting. Not telling our youth about voting isn’t a solution. Let us hope in a generation they will be more forward-thinking about their own. 

I vote by mail but I make sure to tell my kids about voting. I keep it simple since they are little. 

I used to love going with my mother to vote when I was little. The little wooden booths were cool and a bit mysterious because we weren’t allowed to see exactly what she was doing. I used to look forward to being grown up so I could vote myself. 

And while a lot of adult things aren’t quite as much fun as they appeared to five year old me, voting is one that didn’t disappoint. I still get a little thrill out of actually being in the booth with my own ballot paper.

My parents didn't take me with them when they were voting until I was a bit older. I always knew that they were voting, and knew which way they swung in terms of parties. We are very much a "No vote, no opinion" family. We aren't always going to see things the same way politically because of the generation gap, but we can respect each other.

Teaching your kids the importance and duty of voting is one of the most important things any American can do.  

On 10/21/2018 at 4:36 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Their signs are so much milder than a lot of the signs I’ve had to pass by. Giant posters of bloody body parts are disgusting. So I admit, when people hold up signs like the Staddons’ sign, I can’t get super worked up over it. They annoy me of course. But they don’t making me completely irate like the others. 

The ones that really grind my gears show a 21+ week fetus ripped apart, courtesy of the incredibly stupid and terrible people at The Canadian Centre for Bioethical Reform. In Canada, there is no law against later term abortions but doctors will only perform them for medical reasons, according to their professional code. So the abortion pictured saved the mother's life and/or reduced the suffering of the potential baby and even the stupid CCBR admits it doesn't want those kinds of abortions banned. But they're happy to use the photos because they're shocking. Gah.

41 minutes ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

The ones that really grind my gears show a 21+ week fetus ripped apart, courtesy of the incredibly stupid and terrible people at The Canadian Centre for Bioethical Reform. In Canada, there is no law against later term abortions but doctors will only perform them for medical reasons, according to their professional code. So the abortion pictured saved the mother's life and/or reduced the suffering of the potential baby and even the stupid CCBR admits it doesn't want those kinds of abortions banned. But they're happy to use the photos because they're shocking. Gah.

All the people holding up those graphic signs are liars. They often claim it’s a 12 week fetus when it’s really a 22 week fetus. They will claim it’s an elective late term abortion when really it’s due to medical reasons. They photoshop the hell out of pictures or they will just use fake blood and rubber parts to create an aborted fetus. It’s reprehensible. And sometimes they even admit to lying for the “greater good.” I’m sure god approves :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Teaching your kids the importance and duty of voting is one of the most important things any American can do.  

My mom often took us to vote with her when we were little and we enjoyed it.  She explained how important it was to be part of the decision-making process, that people in some other countries couldn't vote for their governments, and that not everyone in the US was given the right to vote in the past.

We were ready when we turned eighteen.

On 10/22/2018 at 10:05 AM, dairyfreelife said:

I love that all these fundies are "praying" to end abortion. They are always praying to end abortion and protesting abortion. Yet, they are never as passionate about the health and safety and well-being of the children currently living. You never hear them "praying" to end childhood cancer. You never hear them "praying" to stop childhood hunger. You never hear them "praying" to end child abuse and neglect. You never hear them "praying" to end child sex trafficking. You never hear them "praying" for homeless children or runaways. 

No, the children who are not yet to be born or exist...those are far more important to "pray" for instead. 

Yes, pray, fight, make deals with the devil to protect life from the moment of conception, however from the moment of birth on..... you are on your own. 

Sorry..... I just see people posting things about protecting life yet they don't seem to care about life once its here. 

23 hours ago, Baxter said:

While there are many things wrong with David Waller, I don't think taking his kids to vote with him is one of them. I used to like going with my mom when she voted. I couldn't tell you now exactly what the appeal was but I do remember thinking it was fun.

I think it is bizarre that they would need to document it with a picture and post it on social media. But I think most of the things that people post on social media are mundane and that no one really cares about. Of course, he is trying to glorify his godly and patriotic family because they are so wonderful and an example to all :my_dodgy:. I would say that would be the more annoying part of all of this and extra points if he was trying to proselytize while in line.

I remember taking my son with me when I voted, although I never took a picture of it.  This was when he was between the ages of 3 to maybe 5.  After that, we moved to a neighborhood that didn't have it's own polling place, so I always voted by mail after that.  I feel strongly that one thing parents should do is talk about the importance of voting and participating in our democracy.  My dad used to have each of us kids read the voter information book and select one initiative to discuss the pros and cons.  So we'd take turns discussing our initiative, state the pros and cons.  Afterward, we'd cast secret ballots and see who won for governor, what initiatives passed or failed.  

I vote by mail.  I like to take my time, research all candidates and issues and then vote quietly and in private.  Someone once told me they thought it was unpatriotic.  At least I voted?  Anyway, I much prefer voting by mail.  In my state, people at the polls try to bother you on the way in at the last minute with signs, handing you pamphlets as you go inside, shouting, etc.  No thanks.  Plus, at least I don't have someone like TFDW handing me a tract.  I seriously hope that he doesn't do this to other voters. 

@NoKidsAndCounting, in my state (SC) at least, there are rules to prevent politicking near the polls.  I can't remember the distance  (100 yards? 500 yard? 1000?) where politicking is NOT allowed, but I do know that you can't wear any clothing or accessories that promote a candidate, party or point of view inside the polling station.  Isn't it like that everywhere?

1 hour ago, NoKidsAndCounting said:

I vote by mail.  I like to take my time, research all candidates and issues and then vote quietly and in private.  Someone once told me they thought it was unpatriotic.  At least I voted?  Anyway, I much prefer voting by mail.  In my state, people at the polls try to bother you on the way in at the last minute with signs, handing you pamphlets as you go inside, shouting, etc.  No thanks.  Plus, at least I don't have someone like TFDW handing me a tract.  I seriously hope that he doesn't do this to other voters. 

I do it because of two reasons. I like to take my time and research like you. But I have another reason that is kind of ridiculous. I have this fear that my whole house will come down with some sort of horrifying illness that will prevent me from getting to the polls. I always just imagine my family coming down with spastic diarrhea the night before an election ? Yes, I’m weird. 

I was pretty confused about it all for a good ten years. Because it was Kansas and the 90s and my parents liked Nader. So really we had minimal impact on anything. Then liberal college came along and W. That wasn’t a fun first outing. There was a campus couch fire..... Then I moved out here and one month later was 9/11. And I believe I became “woke.”  I like getting a voter guide in the mail with my ballot. It explains what the yes and the no mean and has all the candidate statements. That helps. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived