IGNORED

Priscilla and David 8: Destiny Faith is here

Coconut Flan

39 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That’s Noelle right? The child looks exactly like Suze Keller. I bet Suze has her in public school. 

Yes, I assumed it was Suze's daughter.  She's probably in public school but that doesn't look like a school uniform to me.

I don't know where Suze lives now, but hopefully she's not back with the Kellers?

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

She's probably in public school but that doesn't look like a school uniform to me.

Agree.  I've never seen a school uniform that short.

7 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Yes, I assumed it was Suze's daughter.  She's probably in public school but that doesn't look like a school uniform to me.

I don't know where Suze lives now, but hopefully she's not back with the Kellers?

They might just be visiting for pa Keller’s birthday. The siblings seem to sometimes coordinate visits to FL with one another. Of course Josh and Anna couldn’t come because of JD’s wedding. 

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The siblings seem to sometimes coordinate visits to FL with one another.

I would too if Ma and Pa Keller were my parents.

14 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

I love Davia's face here. :pb_lol:

fTBiDwb.jpg?1

Philip looks like he's up to no good. Hahah

@Carm_88, Philip looks like he's trying to make devils' horns over Davia's head with his wee fingers.  I don't know if he can reach that high though.

The cousin strongly resembles Mackynzie Duggar in my opinion?

Also, did I spell Mackynzie? Mckynzie? Mackynzy? right? :pb_lol:

1 minute ago, front hugs > duggs said:

The cousin strongly resembles Mackynzie Duggar in my opinion?

Also, did I spell Mackynzie? Mckynzie? Mackynzy? right? :pb_lol:

Haha Suze and Anna look a lot alike! I am still not sure about spelling! :P

13 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Agree.  I've never seen a school uniform that short.

almost all public schools here require uniforms (though a very few high schools do not). my granddaughter's school uniform is dark blue bottoms and light blue tops, she wears skirts or shorts that short and its never a problem. only at private/parochial schools would length be an issue...maybe public high school, but most of those uniforms are pants for both sexes.

Noelle looks so much like Mac and Meredith because Anna and Suze look so much alike. I don’t know what Noelle’s father looks like but those Keller genes are strong. They just cancel out the other 50% of their genes it seems! Davia is so sweet. You can tell she just adores her older cousin:

4A130AC3-7FB1-4531-B735-211B24417C0F.jpeg

Noelle is in school. Suze has posted about it on her Instagram.  She is in kindergarten and also attended pre k. 

Also, it is a uniform because Suze has 2 pictures on her feed in which Noelle is wearing that outfit, one of her first day of school and one of picture day.

9 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Noelle is in school. Suze has posted about it on her Instagram.  She is in kindergarten and also attended pre k. 

Also, it is a uniform because Suze has 2 pictures on her feed in which Noelle is wearing that outfit, one of her first day of school and one of picture day.

Cannot recall without a search where the Kellers live in Florida, but some of my family in the Daytona/Port Orange and Melbourne areas all have children in public schools. They all have a uniform of sorts. Plain polo shirts of certain colors and certain color pants/shorts/skirts/skorts or dress, usually navy, tan or khaki. Her outfit reminds of my cousins kid's school clothing. 

@HerNameIsBuffy while I still think it's a backpack and those are the strings to tighten the straps, if it's an apron on backwards, then we can call it a cape and that is totally acceptable attire. 

46 minutes ago, dairyfreelife said:

@HerNameIsBuffy while I still think it's a backpack and those are the strings to tighten the straps, if it's an apron on backwards, then we can call it a cape and that is totally acceptable attire. 

I like the way you think!

Susanna Keller looks so much like Anna and Noelle looks so much like Mac that I was totally confused at first. 

Glad Susanna has her daughter in a public school. I’m in New Jersey in my area the only kids that wear uniforms are kids who go to the Catholic schools. 

uniforms are the best! i don't have to worry about what she's going to wear and if its fashionable/cool enough. they still get plenty of individual expression with hair, shoes, tights, backpacks, etc.

On 11/5/2018 at 12:34 AM, MayMay1123 said:

uniforms are the best! i don't have to worry about what she's going to wear and if its fashionable/cool enough. they still get plenty of individual expression with hair, shoes, tights, backpacks, etc.

There are advantages but they can be very difficult too. I hate dealing with my kids' uniforms and really hope that when we move this summer it will be to somewhere that doesn't have uniforms. BUT we don't have specific uniforms we have to buy, they just have to conform to standards (black, grey, navy or white polo shirt,  Khaki, navy or black bottoms, no jeans, skits and shorts can't be shorter than 3 inches from the knees, no logos, etc...). It can be very, very difficult to find clothing that fits the requirements AND fits the kid. I have to order everything online, wait for it to arrive and then take it to be altered. My daughter is 5'6" and not quite 100 pounds and it is very difficult to find clothing that fits her and meets the dress code. Plus, the ids that have money to spend just spend it on other things. Everyone knows who has money and who doesn't, The uniform does nothing to solve that issue, at least here. 

Anyway, there is a downside to the uniforms. Though plenty of people like them. I don't worry about the lack of expression part, they have plenty of time outside of school hours to dress how they want to.

I totally get the general concept behind uniforms but I hate the idea of uniforms.  I'd have spent all my time in school dreaming up creative ways to cleverly break the dress code.  Little people are people too and they should - within reason - be allowed to express who they are.

17 hours ago, nvmbr02 said:

Everyone knows who has money and who doesn't, The uniform does nothing to solve that issue, at least here. 

I agree with this. I wore a uniform from grade one to nine and it didn't really cut down on clothing issues. We could still pick our own shoes (within reason), outdoor coats and backpacks so there are always things to compare. Also, within the dress code itself, there were a couple styles of sweaters so one year a pullover was the "cool" sweater. My mom bought me the correct sweater. But the following year, according to some of the girls in my class, the cardigan was the "cool" sweater and you wouldn't be caught dead in a pullover because grade seven girls are ridiculous like that. I can't remember if I told my mom why I now wanted a cardigan, but in any case, she told me I already had a perfectly good sweater. She was pretty understanding most of the time but I guess that's where she drew the line.

This was a school in an affluent area where pretty much everyone at the school was well off but kids will find ways to compare themselves even if they seem completely insignificant from the outside. I felt such a sense of freedom when I switched schools for high school to one without uniforms.

17 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I totally get the general concept behind uniforms but I hate the idea of uniforms.  I'd have spent all my time in school dreaming up creative ways to cleverly break the dress code.  Little people are people too and they should - within reason - be allowed to express who they are.

My daughter fixed her own hair this morning for school. She had three pony tails and at least 10 scrunchies and hair ties in her hair. Since her hair was brushed and it was not picture day, I kept my mouth shut. Kids need to be able to be creative.

4 minutes ago, Ali said:

My daughter fixed her own hair this morning for school. She had three pony tails and at least 10 scrunchies and hair ties in her hair. Since her hair was brushed and it was not picture day, I kept my mouth shut. Kids need to be able to be creative.

My 9 year old does have a uniform for school, but that doesn't stop her interesting choices in the morning. Mismatched knee socks, gold converse, a messy bun and colorful homemade rubber band bracelets half way up her arm when she left this morning. Her older sister was mortified. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived